• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

I've had some luck with them lately, but I usually do check them when I'm finishing my playsession or waiting for some random mission invites. Though, all depends how chaotic the current players are on the map.

And I bloody suck at finding the cars for Simeon, and knowing which is which, probably only ones I can easily recognize are Patriot and FQ 2. Would probably make things easier if the car spawning would randomize the cars and not show all the time the 3-4 same cars. And was it so that you can't save cars you know Simeon wants with his TXT's in your garage so you don't need to look for them?
Cool about the first part, I'll keep my eyes open. I just have had a string of bad luck lately I suppose. I swear, I found out about them a couple weeks ago from here, a buddy and I stockpiled our garages, and then BAMF. Gone, without a trace. I usually had decent luck driving slower through those areas, especially on a stolen BMX. It will give me good reason to bike form my garage over there, something I don't do enough of in the game.

The second part - sadly no you can't use your own stored cars as Simeon cars. Not sure why he wouldn't want your car, it's the same as one you steal, but oh well that's the game I guess. Best thing I can recommend is that you start noticing the trends in what cars do actually spawn. For example, when I see the Issi Minis on the road, I know there will be Ballers or Felon GTs out and about (never in Simeon's texts, but they are worth 9k and up at Los Santos Customs). When you start to see Landstalkers, other cheaper SUV's will spawn too - Gresleys, sometimes Patriots, and the things that look like Ford Edge's. The Gresley's will usually have other cars Bucaneers (muscle) and some cheaper "chopper" type motorcycles, like the Bagger and Daemon. As for recognizing the cars on sight...best advice I can give is to steal cars like crazy, and pay attention to the name of the car when you get in. If you miss the name, or want to refresh yourself, or even quiz yourself to test your memory, pressing down on the dpad (once or twice, can't remember) will show the car you are in, plus the street name and something else, I think the county you are in. Perhaps try a mnemonic device to help you remember the cars? Or try to associate them with real life cars, if you know those. It takes time, because there are a decent amount of models in the game, but practice will make perfect. Certain models look very similar though - Gresleys and Landstalkers are very similar, but the Gresley's windows angle upward going to the rear of the vehicle. FQ2s and (newer & bigger) Ballers resemble each other from a little bit of a distance, especially from behind, but the fronts are vastly different. Getting to be able to spot those little differences will be a pain, but when you can spy a specific car from a whole block away or so, you will know a great feeling :D
Everything has a spawn more or less as far as I'm aware it just doesn't quite seem to be able to get what you want easily. As for gang cars I usually get the ones by the oil derricks rather easily much more so than Grove Street.

Previously Simeon cars that you owned would get you an automatic wanted level for exiting your garage even though it was an owned vehicle.
I've never had luck by the oil dereks...I actually look there the least, but maybe that will become the main lookout spot. I also never knew that about the garage thing with Simeon cars. I remember a while ago it didn't work for me, but I haven't tried it in a loooong time.

Tigress

My problem with Simeons texts is that I never get them anymore. I've gotten one maybe twice in the last 2-3 weeks when I used to get them daily.

Yeah since I started replaying on Monday, I've gotten I think one or two of the find any of these missions and two of the find this certain car mission (the latter isn't as obvious it's not as common as that was about as common as it was before for me). Used to be I could even get those missions a few times a day if I was playing long enough.

Also, my favorite cars to steal and sell cause they make a lot of money, aren't being spawned near as much. I wonder if Rockstar actually messed with their spawn rate cause it was too lucrative and they wanted to give more reasons to buy the MTs to get money. Least they haven't gimped the survival missions (Oh wait, I shouldn't give them ideas...). Probably because they still take a bit of time if you want to get the max money out of them.

Omni

Tonight I realised that I've spent an additional $60 in this game for Online currency. I just hate grinding so much >_<

Gotta stop myself in the future. I realise how stupid it is. But I play this game to screw around in free mode. Not to play the same mission over and over

Tigress

Tonight I realised that I've spent an additional $60 in this game for Online currency. I just hate grinding so much >_<

Gotta stop myself in the future. I realise how stupid it is. But I play this game to screw around in free mode. Not to play the same mission over and over

Yeah, what stops me other than budget is also refusing to endorse those behaviors (Budget just makes it easier to stick to my principles). Part of me feels a tad guilty for playing at all (you send a stronger statement if you outright refuse to play than if you just don't pay for MT's. The more people they can get to play, the more they can convince to pay. One less person playing is one less chance of money).

My look on it is if they design gameplay to be so annoying to play without paying then I simply won't play. If they want my money, make the game more fun. Don't make it more annoying to push me to play. Offer customizations you can't get without paying for example. Or even a monthly fee (best with a complimentary month or two to get me hooked first so I want to pay to keep playing). Though the poor side of me prefers they do customization MTs instead ;) (especially as if they are cheap enough I could see myself paying for a few. I don't mind supporting the game and I think 60 is fair just for the SP version so I don't object to paying more for online. But I object to them doing things to make gameplay not as fun to push me to pay).

Grinchy

Banned
I actually like playing the various jobs (when I can convince enough people to join and stay for more than 3 seconds). So I actually liked the money grind. Then they handed out the $500k and it was around PS4 launch time so I just hadn't played for a long time. So when I came back, I still had like $360k of it. I have since spent a ton of money (500k on a car, 100k+ on weapons/clothes, ect). So I guess money builds up fast enough for me.

Wolfe

On a side note, anyone that *was* stealing gang cars by Grove Street to sell...are you having any luck? I have not found a single one in days and days. Literal days, not just in game. I have had zero luck with any of the locations :(

I still see them, but generally have better luck at specific time periods of the day. 10 pm to 4 am and using the method I described to spawn the green cars is still the one I can replicate 100%.

As for the Simeon text request vehicles what I have noticed is that there seem to be specific locations where one of the cars he has requested will spawn, typically parking lots. For example the lot below the freeway and across the street from the rooftop rumble garage. But as I mentioned before I never get these texts anymore so I can't look into it more.

Tigress

I still see them, but generally have better luck at specific time periods of the day. 10 pm to 4 am and using the method I described to spawn the green cars is still the one I can replicate 100%.

I apparently missed this. Do you mind saying again or pointing me to the post where you described your method to get them to spawn? Thanks :).

Wolfe

Noon to 4 pm seems to be the other window of time that I am generally able to get them to spawn but that's just in general with all of the gang vehicle spawn points and not any spawn location in particular. No idea if these are actual time blocks that they spawn during but it's just been my experience.

Mistel

Banned
Gang attacks are separate entities from the gangs themselves which are present in Los Santos with the exception of the lost gang attacks.

Ted

It's funny how the simple little emergent things make you smile in this game.

Yesterday a GAF'er and I were driving across the map in a one of Simeon's specific car requests and we were being followed by some other dude intent on stealing our prize. I was a little concerned he might blow us up until up on screen pops a message from another GAF'er stating simply "Taken out your tail". Go on the Shiv!

On a related note, I had some good co-op games yesterday evening with some fellow GAF'ers. We weren't quite what you'd call coordinated but we got shit done in the end, even if it meant bringing out the tank...

Sorry for any awful gaffs (I am pretty sure I crashed us all into a building at least once), I had been in a pub all afternoon so far from "on my game". I was sobering up a little by the time we got to the free-aim survival session so at least at that point I was able to see the screen.

Hope to see you all in LS again sometime soon.

Another update, 1.15

Monstertruck (pegasus though meh)
American chopper
A musket, fireworks rocket launcher
Probably some clothes too

7 houses, have yet to check them out, max 6 cars though and still limited to two properties :(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's funny how the simple little emergent things make you smile in this game.

Yesterday a GAF'er and I were driving across the map in a one of Simeon's specific car requests and we were being followed by some other dude intent on stealing our prize. I was a little concerned he might blow us up until up on screen pops a message from another GAF'er stating simply "Taken out your tail". Go on the Shiv!

On a related note, I had some good co-op games yesterday evening with some fellow GAF'ers. We weren't quite what you'd call coordinated but we got shit done in the end, even if it meant bringing out the tank...

Sorry for any awful gaffs (I am pretty sure I crashed us all into a building at least once), I had been in a pub all afternoon so far from "on my game". I was sobering up a little by the time we got to the free-aim survival session so at least at that point I was able to see the screen.

Hope to see you all in LS again sometime soon.

A pleasure :) tbh I was tempted to blow you up too but you were too far away by that point... the dangers of dealing with psychopaths. It did lead to a rather epic fight where someone nicked my car and I spent half an hour chasing them around the map.

Fucking loooooove GTA :D

Wolfe

The update is funny because I was just thinking not that long ago how having an actual monster truck in the game would be pretty rad.

As for it being a pegasus vehicle I think people being miffed by this need to think about it for a bit, while it would definitely be cool to upgrade it visually the bottom line is it can't even fit inside LSC. Another bonus being I didn't have to clear garage space for it seeing as how I didn't have any cars I want to get rid of for a novelty vehicle.

That being said I am enjoying the hell out of the thing.

J4g3r

Where is this new content? Can't seem to find the weapons online in Ammunation or the cars in any of the online stores.

J4g3r

If you're on Xbox, you need to download the content from the store as well as the update.

I'm on PS3, I downloaded the patch and the two new weapons are in my character's inventory in singleplayer. Can't find the new cars though.

Can't find anything at all online, checked all the stores.

Wolfe

I see the weapons on the DLC weapon wall in any of the ammunations. The motorcycle is on SSSA or whatever it's called and the monster truck is on warstock.

bud23

The GTA Online Independence Day Special – Available Starting Today (This special seasonal content will be available to redeem in-game until Mid-July (we will announce a specific redemption expiration date soon).

actual_1404209868.jpg

From Paleto Bay to the Port of Los Santos and everywhere in between, it’s time to celebrate the birthplace of freedom with The Independence Day Special (in association with Ammu-Nation) for Grand Theft Auto Online.

Demonstrate your exceptionalism and own the road from sea to shining sea with two new star spangled rides, the Sovereign motorcycle and the super-sized Liberator monster truck. And protect your rights the same way our Founding Fathers did with the latest addition to Ammu-Nation's antiques collection, the high-powered Musket... or channel your inner Jack Howitzer with the spectacular Firework Rocket Launcher.

actual_1404209878.jpg

Seven new properties have also been added to the Dynasty 8 rolls, including locations in Paleto Bay and Vinewood Hills that provide plenty of yard space to scorch the grass with your very own Fireworks show. Use up to 12 varieties with different fuse lengths to create a spectacle that would make even the most battle-hardened Republican Space Ranger shed a tear. If you prefer rickety amusements operated by minimum wage teenage workers over incendiary lawn displays, then venture down to Pleasure Pier where you can now ride the Ferris Whale and the Leviathan Roller Coaster.

actual_1404209887.jpg

This limited-time update also features an overabundance of patriotic flare: show off nationalistic pride with a "Made in the U.S.A." t-shirt, a backwoods mullet or let the eagle soar with an animal mask featuring this great nation's most fearsome and majestic creatures.

actual_1404209896.jpg

This special seasonal content will be available to redeem in-game until Mid-July (we will announce a specific redemption expiration date soon). The automatic update for the Independence Day Special also includes additional game tuning updates and other adjustments, including the new On Call Matchmaking function. This new option allows players to accept a Job invite and continue playing in Freemode until that Job fills up, reducing time spent idle while waiting for Job to start. For the complete list of all the fixes and tuning updates, visit the Rockstar Support site.

actual_1404209905.jpg

And look for details about the upcoming celebratory 4-day Independence Day Weekend Event tomorrow

More here;

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...e-Independence-Day-Special-Available-Starting

J4g3r said:
Where is this new content? Can't seem to find the weapons online in Ammunation or the cars in any of the online stores.

To download the Independence Day Special, fire up your online-connected PS3 or Xbox 360 and start GTAV. You'll be prompted to download the automatic update (1.15) and Xbox 360 players will also be required to download an additional compatibility pack upon entering GTA Online.

bud23

[7/1/14] GTAV Title Update 1.15 Notes

New Content

* Two new vehicles with permanent American Flag livery have been added.
* Vapid “The Liberator” - An off-road truck, available from the Warstock site. This vehicle is not moddable and is accessed via Pegasus.
* Western Sovereign - This motorcycle is available from San Andreas Super Autos.

Independence Day Special Content: Available for purchase for a limited time only (See http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...e-Independence-Day-Special-Available-Starting for details).

* Over 40 new Independence holiday-themed clothing items, including outfits, have been added to clothes stores for both male and female characters in GTA Online.
* Two new weapons have been added to Ammu-Nation: Fireworks Launcher and Musket.
* Four types of Fireworks can now be purchased from Ammu-Nation. They each come in 3 colors, red, white and blue.
* A new Parachute Smoke color has been added to Ammu-Nation. The color automatically alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Parachute Smoke.
* A new tire smoke color has been added to the Mod Shops. This also alternates between, red, white and blue: Patriot Tire Smoke.
* 12 new animal masks have been added to Vespucci Movie Masks. There are 6 styles, each with 2 color variations.
* Four new horns have been added to the Mod Shop. Each horn is part of the Star Spangled Banner song.
* A new Mullet hairstyle has been added for both male and female characters.
* Stars n Stripes Face Paint added to Barber Shop and Salon.

New Features and Updates

* The ability to place and set off fireworks has been added to the Interaction Menu. Players can purchase 4 different types from Ammu-Nation and then access them in their inventory. The fireworks are available for a limited time to celebrate the holiday period.
* Seven new medium and low end Countryside Apartments have been added to the Dynasty 8 website.
* Players are now able to ride on the ‘The Leviathan’ rollercoaster and ‘The Ferris Whale’ on Del Perro Pier.
* On Call mode has been added to the ‘Quick Job’ option in the phone. Players are now able to continue playing in Freemode whilst they are queued up for a Quick Join invite.
* If a player buys a tattoo and then removes it they will only be charged $100 to re-apply instead of the full tattoo cost.
* Players will now receive an increased cash bonus for completing a Survival, bringing up the total amount that can be earned.
* A player’s Mental State will no longer increase when killing hostile mercenaries. Also, the increase rate for killing Cops who are chasing the player as a result of being wanted has been reduced.
* Mental state will no longer increase for killing players who have a Bounty on their head or for a player defending themselves when they have a Bounty on them.
* Added the ‘Forced Weapon’ option to coronas for Versus and Last Team Standing Missions
* Players on LTS are now only able to hear their teammates, bringing them into line with VS and Capture Missions.
* Job entrance fees are now payable when starting a Versus Mission, in order to bring it into line with LTS and Capture Missions.
* The Head to Head and Challenge wager is now taken from the player’s wallet and bank.
* The time limit on the Team Selection screen has been increased to 1 minute.

Miscellaneous Fixes

* Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player’s car to disappear if they left it at the start of a GTA Race.
* Fixed an issue where the Armored Truck would occasionally not drop any Cash.
* Fixed an issue where Crew tire smoke would not apply correctly.
* Help text is now displayed in the corona if a player attempts to play an animation which cannot be played due to masks / head gear the player is wearing.
* Fixed an issue where splash damage from explosions would apply full damage regardless of distance from the explosion.
* Fixed an issue where players could become stuck entering their garage if they had requested a vehicle from their Mechanic while another player was in their garage.
* Fixed an issue where it was possible for player characters to spawn in Fort Zancudo.
* Fixed an issue where it was possible for planes to respawn with their landing gear down in vehicle Deathmatches.
* Fixed an issue where players could spawn with a 4-star Wanted Level if they were killed by Cops in the Impound.
* Fixed an issue where it was possible for a player to become stuck moving to the Leaderboard after completing an Air Race.
* Fixed an issue where split times would occasionally work incorrectly during the tutorial Race.
* Fixed an issue where incorrect scores could show briefly at the start of a Team Deathmatch.
* Fixed an issue where players could spawn inside of, and stand in, vehicles.
* Fixed an issue where a player could receive a misleading Alert screen when attempting to access GTA Online when the Cloud was down.
* Fixed an issue where players attempting to join a Contact Mission would become stuck when too many players were invited.
* Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to fall through the world if they entered the PlayStation store whilst in their apartment.
* Fixed an issue where it was possible for players to become stuck in their apartments if a friend buzzed for entry and then entered the Pause menu.
* Fixed an issue where players could become stuck under the map when accepting a cross-session invite.
* Fixed an issue where players could occasionally be unable to steal High Priority Vehicles from one another after upgrading it.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to enter their garages with NPCs in their vehicles.
* Fixed an issue where players were unable to send text messages with Chinese characters using their cellphones.
* Fixed an issue where players were able to trap other players in their Personal Vehicles.
* Fixed an issue where the radar could flash up on screen at the start of a Job.
* Fixed an issue where the Rank bar could occasionally show up very briefly during transitions.
Exploit Fixes

* Fixed an exploit where players could spawn UFOs in public sessions.
* Fixed various exploits where players were able to duplicate vehicles.
* Fixed an exploit where players were able to respawn in their garages after committing suicide.
* Fixed an exploit where players could get all Barber services for free.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to go off-radar.
* Fixed an exploit that allowed players to become invincible.
* Fixed an exploit where players were able to drive inside their garages.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/203519067

clockpunk

Fantastic stuff - love fireworks in games, so the rocket launcher is a great addition. As are the free-standing ones (rather reminiscent of the Volcano 4000 in Bully - and how sad is it that I recall that name?!).

I just wish we could climb into the moving Ferris wheel in freemode, and have it as a rotating sniper-spot!

Holy shit this is awesome. I haven't played GTA in like a week or so due to needing to focus on some of my non videogame activites :( This is great news though! I can't wait to mess around with everything, especially the return of the long awaited Monster Truck! Buying that sucker immediately. I am tempted to get a house, but if they have mid & low range houses out now, you just know high end houses will be coming soon. MAN this game just keeps on giving. What is this, like 3 updates in less than 2 months? Incredible! It will only get better the closer to next gen, I think, and then continue to improve once they are out.

Edit:

740k for the monster truck...oh man that seems worth it. I think my alt still has a very expensive car I can sell...thing looks SO bad ass.

Tigress

According to some poster on reddit (and a few repliers), Lester now calls you to assassinate people in free roam (apparently the first one is a call and then it's a job that you do in free roam after the first one).

So they actually have houses now (gee, a few days after I went in and bought a 10 car garage... I might have saved up for a house though it kinda makes me feel better that the houses only have 6 car garages, I really wanted another 10 car garage so I might have still opted for the garage anyways).

Now just let me blow up a train, Rockstar *grin*

And survival missions paying out more? Seeing as I've gotten at least one of the survival missions down pat (I can hold my own on it without anyone else), that's going to be great for making some money. Sure, it's time consuming, especially doing it on your own as my method relies on letting the NPCs come to me (and they sometimes take their time and keep in their hide outs), but worth it if I got the time. This will make it more worth it. I sometimes do better than if I am playing with others if they kick me out of my spot but aren't good at surviving themselves (I in general see myself as backup in case everything goes wrong for everyone else when I play with others. Usually I don't get to kill many with others in the survival cause they are more pro active and go to the NPCs. But I can hold my own usually if they all die and let us get to the next wave).

Ted

Slow rate of fire to reload uses shot gun ammo packs a punch. But if you miss you are pretty much dead.

Yes, the mandatory re-load animation is a potential killer but it is pretty cool nonetheless. I've not found any musket only deathmatch events yet but I'm sure there must be one.

I also love the firework launcher (and stand alone fireworks). I hope these stay in the game permanently and aren't only around for a short time.

The new truck is great fun but has some slightly funky roll over physics, it's expensive too (the price is very appropriate though as noted above). I'm now pretty much skint with only ~60k in the bank so I hope the upcoming event has a double cash aspect!

The only things I don't like about the truck are the paint job and the associated R* created race. A fellow GAF'er said it best last night after playing it for the first time... "F that course!".

Wolfe

Apparently there's beer hats in the crates (maybe special crates only?) but I either can't find a lobby with any spawning or the ones I do find only give me the normal rewards. Gimme a silly hat!

Apparently there's beer hats in the crates (maybe special crates only?) but I either can't find a lobby with any spawning or the ones I do find only give me the normal rewards. Gimme a silly hat!

It would be great if equipping a beer hat automatically funneled all the alcohol in your inventory into your system.

Tigress

Damnit, I want a beer hat now.

I approve of this change. (Survival is my favorite mode.)

I like Survival but I always have to check that i have time to do it (it takes 30 minutes with people who are good and if I do it by myself 45 minutes to an hour sometimes <- I'm not good but in one survival I have a method but it requires a lot of patience. If I rush it, I die).

But the 30k makes it even more worth it. And it makes the game feel a little less grindy honestly (it also helps I finally managed to save up 1.5 million for the tank for whenever I manage to reach level 70. Though my next goal is the 750k lamborghini type car).

Heh, problem is once I reach all my goals, I hope they have new ones. Cause honestly, I know that I tend to get bored with a game quick once I've reached my goals (I'll be all excited about being able to use my rewards at first but then with no goal I tend to start losing interest).

CaptNink

* On Call mode has been added to the ‘Quick Job’ option in the phone. Players are now able to continue playing in Freemode whilst they are queued up for a Quick Join invite.

Well that is bloody awesome!

Slow rate of fire to reload uses shot gun ammo packs a punch. But if you miss you are pretty much dead.
Interesting...thanks for the info!
This is awesome. I saw that they are announcing what's in crate drops, or it could just be this event. I joined a lobby yesterday during my short Monster Truck stint, and saw a drop was incoming with some July 4th item, but the drop never came, as the case seems to be with crate drops. I think that people hanging out IN the crate drop area circle actually prevents the drop from happening, but people just hang out there all day long.
It would be great if equipping a beer hat automatically funneled all the alcohol in your inventory into your system.
This would be great. One of my most missed mechanics from GTAIV was how the "drunk" system was....man I loved stumbling around, and into civilians. So great. That and pushing, I wish I could easily push people without a punch coming out.
From what I assume was the money wipe awhile ago is my total income of $-1700041832.
If you currently have negative money in game, call R*, they'll sort it out. Otherwise, if you are referring to the Social Club....you are boned. My stats got corrupted by some dude gifting me like 280 billion, and now my graph looks ridiculous. Not that any of that info matters, really..
Heh, problem is once I reach all my goals, I hope they have new ones. Cause honestly, I know that I tend to get bored with a game quick once I've reached my goals (I'll be all excited about being able to use my rewards at first but then with no goal I tend to start losing interest).
Never ending goal - get all the Pegasus vehicles. That's all boats, planes, helis, and vehicles from Warstock. Then get all the clothing. Then, go for all the "achievements" they have listed on the Social Club. Some are fairly fun to try, and you get decent RP bonuses for each tier you complete. Though, soon enough, RP won't mean squat to certain people! Hopefully that changes with super high level gear.

Tigress

Never ending goal - get all the Pegasus vehicles. That's all boats, planes, helis, and vehicles from Warstock. Then get all the clothing. Then, go for all the "achievements" they have listed on the Social Club. Some are fairly fun to try, and you get decent RP bonuses for each tier you complete. Though, soon enough, RP won't mean squat to certain people! Hopefully that changes with super high level gear.

Problem is I have to actually want the items I am working towards. If it is just to get it just to get it it just doesn't motivate me enough.

Mistel

Banned
If you currently have negative money in game, call R*, they'll sort it out. Otherwise, if you are referring to the Social Club....you are boned. My stats got corrupted by some dude gifting me like 280 billion, and now my graph looks ridiculous. Not that any of that info matters, really...
It's my graph I'm talking about it looks hilarious to me. Least I brought a tank when I had the money and URL glitches worked.

Problem is I have to actually want the items I am working towards. If it is just to get it just to get it it just doesn't motivate me enough.
Yea, that desire has to play a part in it. Most of the vehicles can be avoided in lieu of ONE of the vehicles in each class. But, we have only just begun to see the DLC incoming for this game. We have yet to see the larger, paid DLC coming down the pike. There should be many more things to pawn after down the road some.
It's my graph I'm talking about it looks hilarious to me. Least I brought a tank when I had the money and URL glitches worked.
Ahh yea lol, I know exactly what you mean. All of my categories are mere slivers compared to the "shared money" category overtaking the entire graph.

Razakin

I really need to get that Liberator, even if it means grinding RR too many times, there's a race with it and damn was it fun to drive. Of course, gotta hope that those new masks are not limited time only so I can skip them and get Liberator first.

Wolfe

This is awesome. I saw that they are announcing what's in crate drops, or it could just be this event. I joined a lobby yesterday during my short Monster Truck stint, and saw a drop was incoming with some July 4th item, but the drop never came, as the case seems to be with crate drops. I think that people hanging out IN the crate drop area circle actually prevents the drop from happening, but people just hang out there all day long.

I think that's just a misconception born from coincidence. Granted it could very well be part of why it happens but more often than not when I notice a crate drop bug out no one has even been near the circle.

In fact multiple times I've seen the prompt pop up while in a buzzard or lazer, check the map to see where the marker is and start heading towards it in preparation for the crate to drop. Then nothing. I never go into the circle and no one was in or around the area the entire time. I mean it could be any number of things causing it but going into the circle before the crate drops is definitely not a requirement.

I really need to get that Liberator, even if it means grinding RR too many times, there's a race with it and damn was it fun to drive. Of course, gotta hope that those new masks are not limited time only so I can skip them and get Liberator first.

The masks are here to stay so no worries there, afaik the only temp items are the fireworks and fireworks launcher. Although apparently you will keep the launcher until you run out of ammo.

The masks are here to stay so no worries there, afaik the only temp items are the fireworks and fireworks launcher. Although apparently you will keep the launcher until you run out of ammo.

The fireworks related stuff is temporary regardless of if you buy it or not (since you can't buy ammo afterwards). The masks and musket are also temporary, but as long as you buy them you keep them.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
The Panto is such a fun car to drive.

ZEvPuAd.jpg

A6z7JGB.jpg

It doesn't seem like the Liberator is in the content creator, which is disappointing. A Liberator vs Panto gametype would be amazing.

EDIT: It turns out you can even fit the Panto in a Mule. Just took one for a ride in a Mule with a Cargobob in the Creator. It managed to survive even with the Mule being knocked around and falling off a building.

Wolfe

The fireworks related stuff is temporary regardless of if you buy it or not (since you can't buy ammo afterwards). The masks and musket are also temporary, but as long as you buy them you keep them.

Oh yeah I get what you're saying like with the V-day stuff, I thought he meant temp like buying it and then them taking it away.

Yeah I wasn't aware the masks were like that since I read they were to go along with the other animal masks which are permanent additions to the mask shop but the musket and clothing are temporarily available to buy.

Edit: I'm really enjoying the monster truck, great and even top tier off roader. Funny though cause I've already heard multiple people in online comment on how they don't like the rear facing engine. I hear that and then think to myself "but that's how most monster trucks are..."

Tigress

I think that's just a misconception born from coincidence. Granted it could very well be part of why it happens but more often than not when I notice a crate drop bug out no one has even been near the circle.

In fact multiple times I've seen the prompt pop up while in a buzzard or lazer, check the map to see where the marker is and start heading towards it in preparation for the crate to drop. Then nothing. I never go into the circle and no one was in or around the area the entire time. I mean it could be any number of things causing it but going into the circle before the crate drops is definitely not a requirement.

Everytime I've had it happen I arrive at the circle before the crate drops (yes, I'm the perpetrator).

*sigh* If I had known that I wouldn't have bought the launcher as it's kinda expensive for a temp item. On top of that, I really like the fireworks, I wish they were not temporary.

Top Bottom