• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

MisterHero

Voltic is a nice car and may actually be my 3rd super. Plus it'd be nice to own an electric car. :p

My go-to car for Mission/Gang Attack grinding is actually my Huntley S. It's 'fast enough' when modded and handles well enough, but more important is that the area below the beltline is tall enough that when you crouch behind the car, your head/upper body doesn't stick up into the greenhouse area to be shot - makes it perfect portable cover.
Ha, that's a good point. It reminds me that I have 2 trucks and a maxed armor Surfer that I barely use though. :p

The Serrrano choice was mainly for the possibility of SUV races but they're [any races] really hard to come by in Free Aim sessions.

I'll probably get rid of the Surfer because I was trying to force a Speedo to spawn. At one point I had a Rumpo, Youga, and Surfer all together.

I love how Speedo handles; too bad I can't mod it.

Wolfe

Does anyone have experience with the new cars from "Not a Hipster"? I play with them in single player but I wonder what others who have them as PVs think. Even if I had the money, my garages* are full too. Maybe my 2nd character can use one!

I own the Warrener and love it, it's not super fast or anything but it handles amazingly and in my opinion is the car with the best recovery while driving. Doesn't matter how I begin to spin out or lose it, I can recover every time in that car. Looks like an old 70's Skyline and has some pretty rad visual mods for more than a couple combinations looks wise.

The Blade I don't have much experience with but I've read it's the fastest accelerating muscle and that makes sense given it's designed to be a gasser style drag car. Plus it's the only car hood mod wise with gasser stacks which looks pretty damn rad. I don't have experience with any of the other cars from that update (aside from the 6x6 which I bought) as none of them really interested me though.

Probably going to move either the Blista or Oracle in there and either the Rebel or Granger. I'd like to keep the sports cars together (so I have one "brag" garage) but I may cave and move one over (I'd also like it to have one car that is cheap to replace if it is blown up too though in it).

I've thought about arranging my garages in a way where each class of vehicle is together but in the end I keep leaving it the way I've got them now due to liking how they're all mixed up I guess.

Here's my current set up (tried to take two shots per garage that showed each vehicle but since the pics are small I'll list them as well).
Garage 1 (in order by space): Vigero, Phoenix, Gauntlet, Massacro, Rebel, Infernus, Sentinel XS, Bullet, Sultan, Bati 801
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Garage 2: Dubsta 6x6, Turismo R, Ruiner, Sabre Turbo, Huntley S, Zentorno, Monroe, Banshee, Warrener, Sovereign
0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

The Serrrano choice was mainly for the possibility of SUV races but they're [any races] really hard to come by in Free Aim sessions.

I don't know if it's the fastest but the Huntley is right up there, thing really hauls. Haven't had a chance to test it out in a race fully modded though yet.

I don't know if it's the fastest but the Huntley is right up there, thing really hauls. Haven't had a chance to test it out in a race fully modded though yet.

I love my Hunley. It's an impressive off roader, which is usually how I escape the cops, by running to the hills. It's a nifty vehicle on city streets too. I like how it turns when you are peeling away. The handling is almost perfect for an SUV. Can't wait until I have enough unlocks and cash to fully modify it with Turbo and stuff.

Tigress

I love my Hunley. It's an impressive off roader, which is usually how I escape the cops, by running to the hills. It's a nifty vehicle on city streets too. I like how it turns when you are peeling away. The handling is almost perfect for an SUV. Can't wait until I have enough unlocks and cash to fully modify it with Turbo and stuff.

The crazy logic I find is that the sports cars and super sports make the best offroaders (aside from going over tall objects) or at least he best hill climbers cause it seems the game equates ability to climb hills with how fast the car goes.

And on another topic, got a few questions of some odd things I found on GTA lately.

Twice now (one time when levelling, the other might have also been when I levelled and I think both happened during a job or mission), I got this message, "Avoided a Ban". What is that about? I don't think I've done anything to get banned. I did take advantage of the beer hat glitch and a long time back I had managed to get a cop SUV which they already fixed that glitch and my cop SUV disappeared but other than that I've been playing by what the game allows and not abusing any glitches. I tried looking it up on google and I can't find anything on anyone getting a message like that.

Also, when I leveled to 78 it told me I had unlocked RPGs (which I was like, "Cool, I thought that happened at level 100 and 78 seems an odd number to unlock a major weapon"). But, turns out it's still locked.

And another weird thing that is happening and I wonder if it happens to anyone else is that sometimes my cars start refusing to go forward (not any particular car, has happened to my voltic, has happened to a car I was in the middle of stealing) but will go backwards. The car doesn't look near enough damaged to not move in any direction and if I get out of the car and go back in it works fine again. My voltic when it last did this would stop and if i let go of the accelerator button it would go again for a few feet and do it all over again. Getting out and getting back in worked better to fix it. Has anyone else encountered this?

Mistel

Banned
A bit late but this is the contents of my second garage:
All gang cars other than that silver one which I assume is a non affiliated Tornado that can spawn modded. Here's some blue ones I found:
0_0.jpg

They only seem to spawn at that particular location as far as I've seen.

Wolfe

They only seem to spawn at that particular location as far as I've seen.

Yeah I always found it odd that the Tornados at that location spawn in that grey/silver color while the Buccaneers I find there are green (although matte green unlike the regular classic green/black ones you find on grove st.). Can't recall if the Peyote I've found there was silver or not.

MisterNoisy

Only thing I don't like about the Huntley is that the wheels clip through the fenders under suspension compression when you drop it any lower than the third suspension choice.

Mistel

Banned
Yeah I always found it odd that the Tornados at that location spawn in that grey/silver color while the Buccaneers I find there are green (although matte green unlike the regular classic green/black ones you find on grove st.). Can't recall if the Peyote I've found there was silver or not.
The Peyote I had spawn just now on the road there looked liked this:
0_0.jpg

MisterNoisy

Had a pretty hilarious free roam last night. Spent the better part of a couple of hours terrorizing the lobby with a Lazer, just cruising between the heli spawn locations and airfields maintaining air superiority. Whole place was a no-fly zone, but I also provided air support for anyone engaged with the cops, so I wasn't a total dick.

I don't take it out much, but I like my Huntley too- don't see many around since the update first dropped. It really is like a super suv

The crazy logic I find is that the sports cars and super sports make the best offroaders (aside from going over tall objects) or at least he best hill climbers cause it seems the game equates ability to climb hills with how fast the car goes.

And on another topic, got a few questions of some odd things I found on GTA lately.

Twice now (one time when levelling, the other might have also been when I levelled and I think both happened during a job or mission), I got this message, "Avoided a Ban". What is that about? I don't think I've done anything to get banned. I did take advantage of the beer hat glitch and a long time back I had managed to get a cop SUV which they already fixed that glitch and my cop SUV disappeared but other than that I've been playing by what the game allows and not abusing any glitches. I tried looking it up on google and I can't find anything on anyone getting a message like that.

Also, when I leveled to 78 it told me I had unlocked RPGs (which I was like, "Cool, I thought that happened at level 100 and 78 seems an odd number to unlock a major weapon"). But, turns out it's still locked.

And another weird thing that is happening and I wonder if it happens to anyone else is that sometimes my cars start refusing to go forward (not any particular car, has happened to my voltic, has happened to a car I was in the middle of stealing) but will go backwards. The car doesn't look near enough damaged to not move in any direction and if I get out of the car and go back in it works fine again. My voltic when it last did this would stop and if i let go of the accelerator button it would go again for a few feet and do it all over again. Getting out and getting back in worked better to fix it. Has anyone else encountered this?

This has happend to me before a few times, the lastest was just 2 days ago when i was getting way out of hand in my bifta. I think maybe it has something to do with the transitions between terrain. I was hittin some crazy ass jumps until I hit a tree hard, flipped like 5x then landed on the road at an incline. It felt like my shit stalled out, or like the game was trying to catch up to where i was at. It took a few seconds for the acceleration to kick back in.

Wolfe

The Peyote I had spawn just now on the road there looked liked this:
0_0.jpg

Wow weird, I know for a fact the one I found wasn't red. Wonder if it changed to red at some point or if there are multiple variants. Although when I think about it I've seen other changes to the appearance of the gang cars over time, for example the buccaneers wheels used to be a darker color than they are now.

Mistel

Banned
Wow weird, I know for a fact the one I found wasn't red. Wonder if it changed to red at some point or if there are multiple variants. Although when I think about it I've seen other changes to the appearance of the gang cars over time, for example the buccaneers wheels used to be a darker color than they are now.
Like this pair:
0_0.jpg

?

Wolfe

I can't tell if the one in back is different but they look to be both from the spawn by the docks/freeway. I was referring to the ones you find in the gang areas which now have grey or allow looking wheel color when it used to be darker like graphite maybe (not black). Made them stand out to me and was surprised when it changed.

Hell even the prices have fluctuated over time, when I first started selling them the gang tornado with the shorty side exit exhaust used to sell for just over 13k but now the peyote is top seller at 12,940.

Makes me wonder what goes into these changes or why they happen since the differences are so small and it's not like it's pertaining to something important in the game.

MisterNoisy

Garage pics!

Garage 1:
zdkKCY8.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left:
Zentorno
Vacca
Turismo
Jester
Carbonizzare
Elegy RH8
Rapid GT
Cognoscenti Cabrio
Huntley S
Dubsta 6x6

Garage 2:
qJgDJVn.jpg

Clockwise from bottom left:
Alpha
Schwartzer
Sentinel
Panto (this thing is hilarious to drive!)
Baller (stored for sale)
Coquette
Sabre Turbo
Buccaneer
Peyote
Bifta

Probably getting rid of the Bifta and Elegy and replacing them with something more interesting.

Wolfe

Probably getting rid of the Bifta and Elegy and replacing them with something more interesting.

I really like the Bifta, things a blast to drive but I'm limiting myself to two off road vehicles and I can't bring myself to get rid of the Dubsta 6x6 or my Marty Mcfly themed clean Rebel.

Also in case you didn't know you can always link snapmatic pics directly from the social club (it's what I did in my post above with the garage pics). A lot more convenient than saving them and rehosting them elsewhere.

In closing, nice cars dude!

Wolfe

The other duplication glitch still works but you need two people now.

That's the thing, this is the same glitch but instead of a second person you're using a dead NPC in their place. The ease of this one means a lot more people are doing it and I can't get into a session lately without someone's cars popping into my garage due to them doing this stupid exploit.

Almost nobody is doing the freeroam objectives anymore and instead it's just massive FRDM with people blowing up cars without a second thought.

Personally I won't judge someone else for using an exploit bug but it always amuses me to hear the reasoning of "well now I can play the game the way it's intended!" (in regards to always having full ammo, using the phone services such as mercs/muggers/air strikes etc) which is bullshit considering it takes so little to get enough money to do that stuff. You just do a couple specific missions a day and you can have enough money to blow for playing around.

It would be like someone playing WoW and bitching about having to do dungeons/raids for purple gear, finding an exploit that gave them all the gear with little to no effort and then exclaiming "now I can play the game!"

Cars and their upgrades are another thing sure, but I just dick around doing freeroam activities with the occasional mission or two (or a few if I find someone that wants to do more) and I've gone back up to 800 grand or so since the July 4th update when I spent all my money.

Tigress

It would be like someone playing WoW and bitching about having to do dungeons/raids for purple gear, finding an exploit that gave them all the gear with little to no effort and then exclaiming "now I can play the game!"

Heh, personally I've resisted any money glitches simply cause once i get everything I want, I'm going to be bored with the game. I have to have goals to be interested in a game. If I get them all, it gets boring.

That being said one more cheap car (Comet) and maybe a helicopter or two and some more enhancements to my cars, and I'm not sure what to work for (besides level 100 so I can have a rocket launcher).

So I was trying to load up online when I get this message:

"The Rockstar game services have failed to sync files to play GTA online"

I reset my console (PS3), signed in and out of PSN, reset my internet on the console and even changed the DNS settings. Anyone else run into this problem/what should I do?

Edit: It suddenly fixed itself? Lol Rockstar.

So I was trying to load up online when I get this message:

"The Rockstar game services have failed to sync files to play GTA online"

I reset my console (PS3), signed in and out of PSN, reset my internet on the console and even changed the DNS settings. Anyone else run into this problem/what should I do?

Edit: It suddenly fixed itself? Lol Rockstar.
Error messages regarding Rockstar Cloud and such are 99% not your problem at all. It happens fairly often and it's quite frustrating. Just leave it there for 10 minutes and retry to connect if it happens again.

Ted

All these [super awesome] garage pics and barely a Futo to be seen.

Heathens.

0_0.jpg

Even muscle dude loves a Futo...

0_0.jpg

Romez

Nothing special but I just brought a Turismo R so thought i'd take pic, currently saving up for a yellow Huntley S to replace my Patriot. Although I have no idea if it will look as good.

0_0.jpg

190x200_skittles.png

The Huntley S is a tight whip. It's got 2 color options, the secondary wraps around the grill and the sides like trim would- but it also covers the hood and roof too. That's why I put chrome on it, the grill stood out more and the trim looked nice. That roof bugged me tho. I repsprayed it a few days ago. I wish there was a 3rd option for the roof or trim.

I was able to snag about 7 of them special crates, since they started packing in hats and the shirt. I read about that glitch to get them all, but that shit just looked like a big waste of time imo. I'd rather just be making money in free roam while waiting for a special drop, than sittin thru however many loading screens it takes to get them. My patience paid off too, 2 odd things happend while getting those special crates.

The first was a instant special crate drop- no countdown. It was activated right after i picked up a regular crate at the ufo hippy campground near sandy shores. Luckily I was near the airstrip when the prompt appeared, so I was able to grab it. Never seen that until then, I have seen 2 regular crates drop one after the other tho.

The second happend while I was waiting for a special crate to drop. The 3hr prompt appeared and about a minute later an armored truck showed up on the map. Nobody was going for the truck because they were all too busy killing eacother in the city, or scrambling for new air transportation. ( I was killin' it in a Lazer.) This went on for about 5 minutes, until i blew up the armored truck- right after that shit exploded the "special crate drop inbound" message came up. Yup, the armored truck delayed the drop but didn't cancel it. I thought I'd share this in case it happens to any of you. You could use the armored truck delay to your advantage.

Ted

Fun games yesterday, not quite sure why we weren't our usual efficient and skillful selves but hey ho! Finally cracked the 2 million barrier... but only just after re-filling on ammo and armour. Holy hell did I use a lot of 'nades.

This made me laugh more than it really should of have done. Truly the baddest rat of them all! : )

I now have a burning need to be invited into a strangers garage whilst a friend is in the same session...

I'd happily take time in the bad sport lobbies just to hear the on mic expletives of your average "chrome adder and a bad attitude dude" as the sticky bombs explode.

I'm too nice though so won't do it really. Definitely not. I WON'T. No way. Not me. No. No. No.

On a related note, the apartment door opening animation letting me in when you are covered in sticky bombs is a picture of blinking red light hilarity.

Foffy

Banned
I haven't played the game since before the stimulus package release, but I have a question. I was considering maybe getting back into it, but what I wanted to know if there's any comprehensive guide that lists all of the games content and unlocks? I know like in typical GTA fashion, there are tasks not normally shown on the map like the Gang Attacks, but I only ever found five or so (I know the game has 50).

there's a gta wikia- that has a map of gang attacks i think, and lists of content from dlc. I was like WTF? when i heard there was fifty of them shits. I see alot when in my helicopter, biggest concentration of them being in the city. There are a few in sandy shores too and around the lake. That tat that unlocks is hot, u also get a bounty put on ur head if u mess with the same gang 5-6 times.

I wanna know what's up with the tequila la la gang attack- it never shows up for me. Didn't they add one there in the hipster update? Speaking of..I bought a Rhapsody, it's a compact car that looks/drives like a muscle car. Some crazy shit, I was driving it and had pull over to the side of the road to collect my thoughts- "WHAT? compact muscle car!?"

Ted

I haven't played the game since before the stimulus package release, but I have a question. I was considering maybe getting back into it, but what I wanted to know if there's any comprehensive guide that lists all of the games content and unlocks? I know like in typical GTA fashion, there are tasks not normally shown on the map like the Gang Attacks, but I only ever found five or so (I know the game has 50).

there's a gta wikia- that has a map of gang attacks i think, and lists of content from dlc.

The GTA wikia link:

GTA Wikia - Gang Attacks

I personally like the alternate one shown below the most as it also makes it obvious at what time each area is populated with gang attacks:

ttech10 said:
x3AISLd.jpg

Source: PSU Link
Full Sized Image: Imgur Link

A list of level based purchasable unlocks (weapons/mods/clothing etc) and functionality can be found here:

IGN Link

This does not include the Dubsta 6x6 (vehicle) which is an additional level 100 unlock.

Also note not all performance upgrades for cars and bikes are rank linked, some, such as turbo charging require race wins. Super class wins count for wins in all classes so basically speaking ~48 wins in Super car class races (NOT solo races) will unlock all win based upgrades.

A list of missions playable by level can be found here:

GTA Wikia Link

Race/Deathmatch/Capture missions change constantly due to the content creator available to all users. List of all available jobs and theire details can be found at the R* Social Club website:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/

It is worth signing up as there is some half decent stat tracking (not as good as the MP3 version unfortunately) and you even get a free car, an Elegy RH8 for use in GTA:O (available from the in game website for Legendary Motorsport).

You can also use the site to join one of the GAF crews to play with like minded GAF'ers:

PS3 - Gaming Age Family
X360 - GAF Street

Enjoy your stay in LS my friend.

good lookin out Ted. Dayum tho, check out that arc of gang attacks south of Paleto Bay- hell yea! Thats gonna be my new ammo run when i get low. I bought a cribo up North because it's nice to roll out the garage in peace. The buzzard spawns at that police station alot too.

Yea..uh..I've been a little absent lately...been clearing out my backlog (which is getting down VERY low hell yessss), and have been busy with work, music, etc. I'll be back soon enough though. I sign on for about 30 minutes to every few days, to sell some cars, shoot some peeps, and keep my stats up. Hopefully my free time will be increasing soon, so we can roll it our more.
good lookin out Ted. Dayum tho, check out that arc of gang attacks south of Paleto Bay- hell yea! Thats gonna be my new ammo run when i get low. I bought a cribo up North because it's nice to roll out the garage in peace. The buzzard spawns at that police station alot too.
Everything Ted posted is golden. The *only* thing I'd like to add, is that winning races with motorcycles unlocks upgrades across all classess too. I don't believe the super car way gets bike unlocks, but I can't remember. Your call, 2 or 4 wheeled fun, you can't go wrong.

Regarding the the Social Club and the crews, if you are PS3 and want in, send me a GAF message and/or social club message with your details like Gaf name, Social club name, etc, so I can get you in the crew. Despite my absence here lately, I've been seeing more and more people joining up, this is great to see!

Ted

I bought a cribo up North because it's nice to roll out the garage in peace. The buzzard spawns at that police station alot too.

Totally Rekki.

My second character has a pad out that way. It's a good spot, I always think it's a shame so little action happens up in Paleto Bay as it's a groovy little place with plenty of sights to see and places to duck and cover.

Best place to score a big rig too. I love rolling into LS in a mother-cluckin' truck covered with sticky bombs ready to cause some silly chaos. :)

Regarding the gang attacks I'm pretty sure there's an award five in an in game day so the map with the times is super useful for scoring that.

The *only* thing I'd like to add, is that winning races with motorcycles unlocks upgrades across all classess too. I don't believe the super car way gets bike unlocks, but I can't remember. Your call, 2 or 4 wheeled fun, you can't go wrong.

Great point and one I had totally forgotten. Been a while!

If any new players are struggling to get wins due to being permanently stuck in a stocker (it's rare to see a race without custom vehicles enabled), drop me a pm. I'm happy to lose a few to help anyone unlock upgrades to level the playing field. It's not much fun grinding the wins but with the TV on or something it's tolerable.

I remember the pain of knowing everyone had a faster car than me! Got there in the end pretty much legit but at times it was kind of frustrating when you just want to race.

Catch y'all in LS GTAGAF folk.

Tigress

Heh, hopefully I won't be forgotten but I've decided I've scratched the GTA itch enough to wait for the PS4 version for now. Now I'm trying to keep from playing the game so it's fresh for me when the PS4 version comes out (now that it's not so hard not to play it. Replaying it constantly for a few weeks was totally worth the 20 bux I paid for another PS3 copy after I traded my original copy to target for 51 bux).

Just so the few who have played with me know why I suddenly disappeared.

Just had a weird experience at the impound lot. Landed on the helicopter pad with a cargobob and got no stars. Got to take any car I wanted off the lot with no stars and sold it. Came back and took some pics without getting in trouble.

JEQHp1c.jpg

3ULVsQy.jpg

Mistel

Banned
Just had a weird experience at the impound lot. Landed on the helicopter pad with a cargobob and got no stars. Got to take any car I wanted off the lot with no stars and sold it. Came back and took some pics without getting in trouble.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/99ljUiaBKkyvIoVWOr5EVg?platformId=2

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/photo/5QGiHrjZhkKzH8QKUBvsXw?platformId=2
Well that's interesting. You can embedded picture in your posts by copying the image URL on social club.

Signed on last night for about 45 minutes to do some quick car sales...got into a full lobby, rememebred my 9k bounty on me, and was fleeing like mad from the maniacs chasing me down. Right when someone was bearing down on my, the server took a dump and dropped everyone but me! I took my sweet time driving cars to Simeon's, enjoying my short time back in LS. Felt too good.

My main backlog of games nearing completion...almost time to be full on GTA again...pretty excited for it..

JEQHp1c.jpg

3ULVsQy.jpg
That is an awesome idea...I never thought of taking other cars from my own when that happens, I'm always too afraid of getting blasted so I just take mine and scott! I know I have gotten in the impound lot without paying and had free access to it all...it feels weird. Like the calm before the storm. You feel like the freedom could drop at any second, and then you have two stars and a legion of cops surrounding you with pistols already shooting...but it just doesn't come...some tense stuff!

MisterHero

Hopefully the PS4 version doesn't fracture the PS3 GAF userbase too much.:p I think if we have enough people we could handle Special crate sessions on event weeks/weekends without dealing with random jerks who glitch the session, etc.

Sometimes random is better, but if there's any chance of controlling crate drops, it might be worth exploring.

ANYWAYS

Here's a trick for people looking for easy Merryweather Jeeps. The ones I'm gonna point out work/look exactly the same as those do, but you can a couple extra things:

*** You can choose between the open top (the standard Mercenaries attack jeep), and a hardtop version which is less common. Also it looks better IMO!

*** I have to check again but I'm almost sure you can sell these ones. You cannot sell MW Jeeps, which makes them a waste of money.

*** You don't have to call mercenaries on anyone!

Basically, both versions spawn at a Gang Attack at the beach just west of Fort Zancudo.

1) Get the vehicle

2) finish/abandon the Gang Attack

3) Go to a relatively solitary mission marker next to a road. The one in the swamp is ideal for doing it.

4) Drive the jeep onto the mission marker in such a way that your character steps onto it and activates the mission.

5) Back out the mission immediately.

1 of 2 things should happen

Correct result:
The jeep respawns on the road next to you. You can now store it/sell it.

Bad result:
The jeep either stays put or disappears entirely.

I read read this on GTAForums as a method to revert mission cars back to storeable cars. Mission vehicles don't spawn for me post-mission, but it worked on the MW Jeep from the Gang Attack, and the Cavalcade from Lester's assassination targets.

Top Bottom