• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

todahawk

Anyone else think the plane controls suck ass? So stupid...

hope they click at some point... :/
i was on the run from the cops, juked over to the airport, found a twin engine turbo prop and hopped in. had a decent lead on the cops and figured i was golden to get it in the air... NOPE. somehow fucked up taxing it out, got stuck and then surrounded by cops who all opened fire. ended with a nice big fat fireball and a trip to the hospital :(

Mannequin

Random event spoilers ahead.

I stumbled upon what looked like a drug deal gone wrong near Mt. Chiliad as Franklin. There was a guy further down the hill with a case of money. Very No Country For Old Men. I took it and he said I was a "dead man". I wonder if there's a hit out on me?

Got the GTAV Limited Edition hardcover strategy guide. It's really nice. It's also great that it doesn't have the Brady (or whoever the publisher is) stuff all over it.. Just an awesome "V" and Rockstar Games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FLIGHT SCHOOL

OMG

So much shit to do, WOW!

GQman2121

Banned
Trevor talk:

Did anyone else.....
kick and stomp the dudes dead body that was in the trailer (that you end up shooting on the side of the creek) until he was dead in the water and washed down stream?
I just want to make sure I'm not the only sicko on this board. Kthxbye

Ardenyal

Been doing the hobby activities for a bit.

Such a shame there is no "end game" for these. Why is there no Los Santos tennis/golf/whatever championship tournament with a sizable prize money? They just seem to have been littered on the map as distractions and as padding for 100%.

Also helicopter/plane controls can suck a dick, there were PS1 games with better flight controls.

And missions being sent into email and ending up being forgotten about... happened so many times now with Trevor.

I dont suppose there is some option to turn off these "other character is doing shit when not playing it", I try to have some smoking suits on all my dudes, but when I return to trevor he is in his underwear getting thrown out of a stripclub or something

Alternativly some fast way to change clothes besides riding back to safehouse every god damn time?

Wow, the Pulse profile for this game is pretty damn awesome. I really wish more games had profiles!

On mine the GTA profile seems to completely disable bassimpact. Is it that way for you? Because I thought bassimpact was the only thing that the profiles actually affected. Been just using the game profile since the GTA one didn't seem to do anything for me.

Chop must have come from GTA3, because I took him swimming and he drowned.

Damn I was hoping Chop could swim. Wanted to try playing fetch in the water at the beach

Teknoman

A small quantity of their money and a boost to your own moral for being the good samaritan.

Yes. Sometimes they only give you $50 to $200, but others for instance, in the case of a stolen bike, gives you like $100k in stocks.

A 'thanks man!', is what I always get... although the perp does sometimes have some petty cash.

I gave the money back once and that was my last time.
Robber took 2000
I was rewarded 200

Fuck the moral compass

50 bucks usually.

Yeah, i think im going to start keeping the stolen stuff. The bike recovery sounds promising though.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I put time and effort into building bridges between Michael and his family and they have the audacity to do what they just did.

I shall find a way to murder Jimmy, that ungrateful little shit

All because of
the yoga mission where amanda leaves then jimmy drugs you and steals your shit

edit; and now the bastards wont answer my calls. I shall get my revenge

Rizsparky

I dont suppose there is some option to turn off these "other character is doing shit when not playing it", I try to have some smoking suits on all my dudes, but when I return to trevor he is in his underwear getting thrown out of a stripclub or something

Alternativly some fast way to change clothes besides riding back to safehouse every god damn time?

There's no point in taking time to dress them, I've suited Micheal up in a nice suit a few times and 15 minutes later he's wearing a wifebeater and flipflops..

My only complaint about this game is the lack of a metal/rock station. Dunno how rap and spanish music get two stations each and even country gets a station and metal gets ignored. Eh, I'll just bump west coast classics some more.

Madness

I gave the money back once and that was my last time.
Robber took 2000
I was rewarded 200

Fuck the moral compass

Was it to a woman? Yeah I beat the hell out of her afterwards and got the $1800 back lol. I'm a bastard.

Another time, I chased some guy down who had his wallet taken. Gave it back, only for him to give me $50 of $500, I beat him to death too, and then waited at the ATM with a hammer and this guy comes, withdraws cash or whatever, I beat him down and got like $150 more lol.

If the message/email has an arrow before it that means you can reply. Press A/X to reply. Doesn't seem like you can change the response though.

I've only seen those in response to emails so far, with only two people's emails:
Franklin's ex-girlfriend and MIchael's shrink

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
"Quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to, on the radial wheel it has the members you can switch to and the number of available jobs they have. For Franklin it always says 1 even though I don't see any more missions on the map. What's up with that? It's still early, I just unlocked Trevor."

Any thoughts?

There's no point in taking time to dress them, I've suited Micheal up in a nice suit a few times and 15 minutes later he's wearing a wifebeater and flipflops..

Yeah, it was cool the first few times but now, I'm annoyed. I wish there was an option to allow them to keep the clothes on. I also don't like it how sometimes it changes when you start a mission.

EGOMON

Anyone else had the Groove Street Garage and Vinewood Garage purchased for him/her form the get go?
Because me and my brother were playing today each on his own PS3 strangely i had both of these garaged purchased from the moment i start playing the game and i didn't care or wondered about it until my brother asked how did i managed to purchase both garage so early in the game and each cost 30K! i told him i never purchased anything they were there from the beginning!
So i was wondering is this some kind of a glitch or is there something am missing?

P.s. excuse my English

Was it to a woman? Yeah I beat the hell out of her afterwards and got the $1800 back lol. I'm a bastard.

Another time, I chased some guy down who had his wallet taken. Gave it back, only for him to give me $50 of $500, I beat him to death too, and then waited at the ATM with a hammer and this guy comes, withdraws cash or whatever, I best him down and got like $150 more lol.

If it weren't for GTA in our lives.

Steals cop bike, 3 seconds later.....wasted.

Cops are ruthless

Square on PS3

Which means X on 360. Wish I'd have known that before spending ridiculous amounts of time pressing left & right on the d-pad to no avail, lol. Hoping I get more emails than from the two people I've responded to thus far, then. Hate to have to restart to get the only email contact I've seen thus far.

My only complaint about this game is the lack of a metal/rock station. Dunno how rap and spanish music get two stations each and even country gets a station and metal gets ignored. Eh, I'll just bump west coast classics some more.

Really. I listen to a lot of music, but there's precious little here that I can actually enjoy. And as far as I can tell, there's only one station dedicated to people talking? Disappointing.

Moze

Banned
So i'm having serious frame rate issues on the PS3, what do i do to fix this? Delete the file system or something like that?

bud23

My life has literally been absorbed by this fucking game, I don´t want to do absolutely nothing except playing GTA V. I picked a BMX with Franklin and started to roam around Los Santos without apparent destination. I have been doing this for over three hours and it feels like five minutes to me. The world is insanely detailed. Man, I fucking love this game.

Rizsparky

"Quick question I haven't been able to find the answer to, on the radial wheel it has the members you can switch to and the number of available jobs they have. For Franklin it always says 1 even though I don't see any more missions on the map. What's up with that? It's still early, I just unlocked Trevor."

Any thoughts?

Strangers and Freaks?

Anyone else had the Groove Street Garage and Vinewood Garage purchased for him/her form the get go?

Wait, you have to pay for those? They were free for me, too. Could it be a thing where R* gave them away to people playing within a certain amount of time after 12:00am on launch day?

Madness

Because me and my brother were playing today each on his own PS3 strangely i had both of these garaged purchased from the moment i start playing the game and i didn't care or wondered about it until my brother asked how did i managed to purchase both garage so early in the game and each cost 30K! i told him i never purchased anything they were there from the beginning!
So i was wondering is this some kind of a glitch or is there something am missing?

P.s. excuse my English

Wtf, both were purchased for me from the start too. Is it a glitch for those who preordered or something? Anyone else here have to spend $30k to get the garages?

Yeah, I had the Grove Street Garage from the beginning as well. I just started playing the game last night, hardly did anything in it, just the first mission at the car dealership with Franklin. I was screwing around out in the country when I found a sweet raised 4x4 truck I wanted to keep, so I was driving it back to what I thought was Franklin's house. Turns out it was the Grove Street Garage, and I had access to it. Honestly didn't know I shouldn't have had access to it until people were talking about it in this thread.

vilmer_

Fucking Rockstar has to learn from these basic mistakes. Losing your customized car? Not being able to take pictures while Social Club is down?

Bullshit.

Yeah I made this mistake last night, I had one of the cars Franklin and Lamar use for one of their missions pimped out and thought that it would automatically save. Apparently you have to use the garage :/ I wish I could remember which exact car it was and look for someone to jack.

Top Bottom