• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

My life has literally been absorbed by this fucking game, I don´t want to do absolutely nothing except playing GTA V. I picked a BMX with Franklin and started to roam around Los Santos without apparent destination. I have been doing this for over three hours and it feels like five minutes to me. The world is insanely detailed. Man, I fucking love this game.

I might have to start doing this as well. I feel like I miss out on a lot of the good stuff when I am driving through the streets with 120mph.

kris.

Banned
HHNNGGGG. I had all of Michael's paltry $1.2mil invested in HawkAndLittle at $1 a share. Get on after work and look at my portfolio and the share's gone down to nothing.

Turns out the BAWSAQ is down for maintenance. WAY TO DAMN NEAR GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK, R*.

Rizsparky

HHNNGGGG. I had all of Michael's paltry $1.2mil invested in HawkAndLittle at $1 a share. Get on after work and look at my portfolio and the share's gone down to nothing.

Turns out the BAWSAQ is down for maintenance. WAY TO DAMN NEAR GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK, R*.

Haha, I was in shock for a while too.

AngryMoth

Run into a really annoying bug where the game locks up when you fail and hit retry on one of the first heist set up missions. Have had to quit and reload 3 times on a row cos I keep failing it

I can't stop playing. I've been inside basically nonstop since I got back from the midnight launch. I've already forgotten what the sun feels like on my skin.

majik13

Havent really read the thread, but I am finding in a lot of instances that the gun reticule is way too small (1 or 2 pixels) to be seen most of the time, especially if there are filters going on (slo mo driving) or the background is bright.

I am using free aim, and a lot of the time I only get a quick glimpse of where the reticule is, or I have to use the bullet dirt kick up to tell where I am aiming. I suppose it makes it more realistic, but the controls are already a little convoluted and complex(at least right now as I get to grips with the game), so it would be nice if there were an option to change the reticule. Or there any such solutions? I have a 48 HDTV and sit fairly close already.

Wtffffffff i just had to pause the game. This game is insanee.

1. I love Michael but his family is fucked upp!!

Spoiler about mission with Michael and his son visiting a friend. I hope thats not too telling
His whole tripping scene and that abduction WOW hahahah too crazy

Now back to playing!!

Courage

I can't stop playing. I've been inside basically nonstop since I got back from the midnight launch. I've already forgotten what the sun feels like on my skin.

First few times you go outside you're still gonna feel like you're in the game. I emulate the walking animation of Michael and pretend I'm still in the game.

kris.

Banned
Havent really read the thread, but I am finding in a lot of instances that the gun reticule is way too small (1 or 2 pixels) to be seen most of the time, especially if there are filters going on (slo mo driving) or the background is bright.

I am using free aim, and a lot of the time I only get a quick glimpse of where the reticule is, or I have to use the bullet dirt kick up to tell where I am aiming. I suppose it makes it more realistic, but the controls are already a little convoluted and complex(at least right now as I get to grips with the game), so it would be nice if there were an option to change the reticule. Or there any such solutions? I have a 48 HDTV and sit fairly close already.

Start->Settings->Display->Weapon Target->Complex

ironcreed

Banned

Go to settings and change target marker to 'complex.' You are welcome.

gazele

Banned

Yep, same thing for me, haven't found any options to change the reticle

EDIT: I guess there is a way to fix it. Thanks!

Certinty

Anyone else get those Max Payne 3 vibes during
Michael's mission where you're breaking out of the hospital (or whatever it was)?

Everything about the game, from the environment, the driving, the animation, the characters, the graphics, even the character switching (except it sucks that they change their clothes), is awesome. Everything except the missions.

The only missions that end up being a little challenging are the ones that are like linear TPS missions. They aren't good like in old GTAs where you could invent new ways to beat the mission like set up cars to make a blockade, or steal a helicopter to use for the getaway, or buy some explosive weapons first to help you. Instead, you get the C4 automatically and simply put it on all the dots and beat it on the first try. Yeah the driving is great, but you can only really use it to fuck around and rip through pedestrians since there's no tough driving missions.

Tokubetsu

Is there any info on what the speaker settings actually do under options? (Narrow, Medium, Wide) How they affect the mix etc?

Despite having played this game for the last 10 months of my life, for some reason I'm finding it difficult to put it down at home. So odd playing it as a player and not a tester.

Also finally nice to be able to say that I test the game. Been lurking in the GTA threads up until now never being able to say anything lol

Hope everyone is enjoying the game. Now if you'll excuse I'm going to rock out to some Kenny Loggins as I drive into the sunset.

GeoramA

Game is a blast. I just really hate the medal stuff they implemented in for every damn mission. Time limits and shit, fuck off with that. No platinum for me :/

Madness

I aimed my gun at the ballas as Franklin.

Barely lived to tell the story.

THIS GAME

I know... Wtf. I was taking that stripper Nikki back to her place for some 'fun'... Accidentally shoved her and it said Nikki got scared, and like 9 red blips showed up and it was all those Purple Ballas. Barely made it out alive as well.

Linius

I hope the game will explain me the stockmarket more later on. I'm too scared to invest the little money I have now.

kris.

Banned
thanks guys. I am not at home, so I hadnt really searched the options, but cool, now I know. hopefully it is still a tasteful reticule, I hate when they are too large and weird as well. Hopefully it ain't too complex.

It basically just adds a circle around the dot. It's much easier to see and use, in my opinion.

He'll I love the driving actually feels like the tires have different grips. I can take corners full speed well. Just let off the gas a bit and keep your tires from losing all grips and you can keep control throughout. It is also dependent on your characters driving skills don't forget that.

Rizsparky

I hope the game will explain me the stockmarket more later on. I'm too scared to invest the little money I have now.

It doesn't really, my advice would be to do a few missions, rack up some dough and then experiment/listen for stock market tips.

Another awesome detail I noticed today, both the cop backup strength and reaction time is based on where you commit the crime. I had a shootout in a ghetto near Franklin's house and cops didn't show up for at least 2 minutes, yet I got 1 star in Vinewood and I had a helicopter on me in seconds.

How exactly do you rob an armored truck? I killed the driver and just started using the truck as an escape vehicle thinking the money would just appear in my pocket

Linius

It doesn't really, my advice would be to do a few missions, rack up some dough and then experiment/listen for stock market tips.

Where do I listen for tips? Random radio stuff like hearing the news reporting your crimes?

Also, outside moneytrucks and heist missions, what else can I rob for money?

mcfrank

How exactly do you rob an armored truck? I killed the driver and just started using the truck as an escape vehicle thinking the money would just appear in my pocket

Allegedly you are supposed to blow off the doors, but I have tried that a few times and there is never any money in it.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

I killed the guard and picked up the case he was carrying. It was only $3500, do I get more if I blow the doors?

Allegedly you are supposed to blow off the doors, but I have tried that a few times and there is never any money in it.
Maybe we need to follow them as they pick up money from various places...then blow the doors.

Rizsparky

You've got to shoot the opening between the back doors of the van, or blow it up with C4.

Top Bottom