• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Chuck

Still without luck
How do you activate the turbo?

Also, when buying upgrades, you only need to buy the highest one to get the best performance, right? Like when buying armor, you just have to buy the highest level to get the most armor you can get.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Gotta finish the game for some stupid reason.

Also, fuck Rockstar for making you use a fucking app to train up Chop. Why not just let us train him in the fucking game? Just got my progress on the app reset yet a-fucking-gain, so he can't search for collectibles now.

Wait, you gain the ability to remove your shirt when you complete the game? If true I'm guessing Rockstar did that so cutscenes wouldn't look weird with nobody commenting on said characters never wearing shirts.

And yeah locking Chop stuff behind the app is complete bullshit.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How do you activate the turbo?

Also, when buying upgrades, you only need to buy the highest one to get the best performance, right? Like when buying armor, you just have to buy the highest level to get the most armor you can get.

You don't.

eso76

Anyone having problems with the UI ? I've often heard people complaining about small fonts in various games, but never had an issue myself until now in GTA 5.

I find reading texts and emails rather hard sitting a little less than 4 meters away from a 50".

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Question: How do I obtain a parachute for base jumping off of the mountain without cheats?

Also, some observations:

Replaying missions sucks because if you pass a checkpoint, but need to go back, you have to go back to story mode and then go to replay mission again. So aggravating.

I've also noticed the mountain bikes on Mount Chiliad won't spawn correctly sometimes. I have to go back near the cable cars and then go back to the top to get them to spawn.

I found a parachute when I exited the top cable car. Not sure if it's a guaranteed spawn spot though.

Wait, you gain the ability to remove your shirt when you complete the game? If true I'm guessing Rockstar did that so cutscenes wouldn't look weird with nobody commenting on said characters never wearing shirts.

You can replay missions in your underwear, though.

Also, for anyone else who's finished the game, if you did the first heist the loud way, did you unlock those suits with gloves in your wardrobes? I got the pest control jumpsuits, so I'm curious.

And speaking of gloves, can they be bought and worn separately outside of preset outfits? If not, I really hope they patch the outfits so we can separate the parts. Makes no sense that we can't.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When you replay heists does it give you the option of playing a different way? Also are the prep missions different depending on what you choose? I've only done the first heist by the way.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Theoretically it runs better than off disc (360 USB apparently caps out at 20MB/s vs. 12MB/s from the DVD) but you just get the same results as if you were playing off the disc. So you just get the regular pop-in that any open world game this gen had.
Thanks. Still deciding whether to buy a usb to install it on.

deadeye

When you replay heists does it give you the option of playing a different way? Also are the prep missions different depending on what you choose? I've only done the first heist by the way.

Yes. When you replay the heist you have the option to play it differently. You can also select different crew members, as well. I've only replayed the first two heists, and I did not have to do the prep missions again.

Would anyone agree that overall the game is a million steps forward, and a half-step back?

Also, why is it that in every GTA, you only get certain cars on the road at any time? Processing power problems?

Plasmid

Trevor's face says it all.

0_0.jpg

Gonna start doing some collectibles soon :(

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah, the whole wind turbulence thing is neat, but is pretty disorienting. I really liked IV's controls but here... idk

The planes control seem fine to me, which is strange.

Yeah the wobble is the only thing I dislike about the helicopter controls. I am really good at them and have no problem doing pretty much anything now, even landing hot which took a bit longer to get the hang of. But the wobble just makes it look like you don't know what you're doing and just detracts from ride when cruising around admiring the scenery.

I played for hours with Trevor in his underwear after I got ambushed randomly and tied to the tracks. I was hoping characters would comment, but no

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This fucking game

Gets better each time I play it

How

jett

D-Member
I gotta say, I thought the misogyny comments were the usual hyperbole, but this game is something. It's seems every female character in this game is a ho that sleeps around, seemingly all they're good for. Franklin even casually mentions that her aunt was one in her younger years for no particular reason. :lol The Houser brothers might actually have deep psychological issues regarding women.

Game is pretty much the next-gen sequel to San Andreas, which makes it loads of fun. And just like San Andreas, it's fun despite its shit framerate and shit controls, somehow.

amnesiac

I think this happened in GTA IV too: Once one type of a car appears, they'll be plenty around for that area. The parking lot at the beach was filled with only one type of car.

bidguy

Banned
I gotta say, I thought the misogyny comments were the usual hyperbole, but this game is something. It's seems every female character in this game is a ho that sleeps around, seemingly all they're good for. Franklin even casually mentions that her aunt was one in her younger years for no particular reason. :lol The Houser brothers might actually have deep psychological issues regarding women.

Game is pretty much the next-gen sequel to San Andreas, which makes it loads of fun. And just like San Andreas, it's fun despite its shit framerate and shit controls, somehow.

there is a female hacker. she has the best stats out of all the hackers you can select.

hitmon

Is there any way to buy a set number of shares of a stock? Having to press the + button to add 1 share at a time sucks.

Top Bottom