• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

pringles

Lol, so much fun going around in the tow truck, picking up cars that have stopped at red lights and dragging them around for a bit and throwing them off down hills and into cars. Even managed to hook up a car from behind and drive away with the driver still inside his car.

That's probably all I'm gonna do online, towing away other people's cars.

StuBurns

Banned
Holy shit this game

Yup; I was thinking as I played earlier that this is the first GTA since VC that's made me feel this way.
Indeed. I thought I was too jaded to enjoy the 'boring' and 'stupid' elements of games anymore, and it was just that no one has done it this well since then. I don't think it's the best game or anything, but it's the most fun I've had with a game since Vice City.

Wasp

I did triathlon 3 today, it took so much longer than I was expecting. I was expecting another 5 minute race like the other two but it took almost 30 minutes.

Thankfully I won it though, but it almost turned into a disaster when I tried to cut a corner about 10 minutes in and slammed into a crash barrier that I never noticed so I faceplanted and had to go back and get on my bike.

Popparoks

Loved this game, a masterpiece! Rockstar did it again, and the multiplayer ain't even out yet!

Some Thoughts:

Love the clothes in the game. I almost spent an hour buying Franklin clothes. I wish there were better hairstyles, especially for Trevor...

Cops were a fucking nightmare to get rid of , even if you have a single star..

Love customizing the cars! I can recognize a lot of cars to their real life counterparts. Would have been cool if they had hydraulics to some of the low riders.

I love how they didn't completely abandon the last game, I found
Packie
in a random event with Michael and used him for all of my heist. Amazing touch.

I hated how Trevor killed
Johnny Klebitz
, he was a bit of a weenie in this game but he was cool and tough in the other one.

END GAME SPOILER

I had to pick C. I felt as if Michael was a great friend and so is Trevor, no matter how nasty he is. Trevor had every right to be mad at Michael though. I couldn't really bring myself to get either. Even if i didn't like either of them, i hated Steve and Weston 10x as much, especially Steve.

Fuck Steve.

antitrop

Quite possibly. I reserve judgement until I complete it, but damn does V put the fun back into Grand Theft Auto again. It's like San Andreas, but tonally more consistent, funnier, and featuring waaaaaaay less filler.

I feel the same way. As has been said before, this is everything that a title like "San Andreas 2" would imply.

Just came upon this awesomely huge pickup truck in the desert. Don't know how common it is, but I don't think I've ever noticed one before. It's like half monster truck. Trevor's head reaches the top of the hood maybe. Scrapes the roof and just barely fits at all into his garage. And yes, you can run over cars, kind of. Not the neatest thing ever, but it can get over them.

It better not god damn disappear randomly, like vehicles tend to do for some stupid glitch reason. Put it in his Los Santos garage since the mariachi car I put in his trailer garage went missing.
When's this getting patched?

Their representation of LA brings in some Vice City elements.

Although I think the city is pretty disappointing tonally. It doesn't have much personality to it. It's a good representation of LA and the map decisions are better (less crowding, ability to leave freeway via holes in barriers) but it's a step back, IMO.

CyReN

Dumb question.

I was on a mission (Hood Safari) doing a
drug deal
on Groove street with
Trevor and Franklin friend. Then they took the brick and found a key underneath it and shit got crazy.

Am I missing something? is the
key to fake the weight
or am i missing something.

I did triathlon 3 today, it took so much longer than I was expecting. I was expecting another 5 minute race like the other two but it took almost 30 minutes.

Thankfully I won it though, but it almost turned into a disaster when I tried to cut a corner about 10 minutes in and slammed into a crash barrier that I never noticed so I faceplanted and had to go back and get on my bike.

That's good to know. I've only done the first one so far and was disappointed it didn't involve racing halfway around the map like the San Andreas one. Good to know they get longer :)

deadeye

I was playing as Trevor driving around the city of Los Santos, looking like the usual bum, sweat pants and combat boots. I stopped on the side of the road and jumped out of the car (Audi R8 look a like), walked onto the sidewalk and this chick saw me as she started to walk pass. She then pulled out her phone, called her friend and was like, "OMG, you can't believe the look of this guy I just saw...." and then started talking shit about me to her friend. Needless to say... I ended up shooting in her in the head. I figured that's what Trevor would have done anyway, lol.

And that my friends, was my awesome GTAV moment of the day. :)

Alienous

Dumb question.

I was on a mission (Hood Safari) doing a
drug deal
on Groove street with
Trevor and Franklin friend.[= Then they took the brick and found a key underneath it and shit got crazy./SPOILER]

Am I missing something? is the
key to fake the weight
or am i missing something.
Uh, I think they were just getting ripped off.
They wanted a key (a kilo) of cocaine, but were actually given an ounce attached to a drywall brick. So, yeah, the brick was to fake the size and weight.

Grisby

Anyone having problems with the UI ? I've often heard people complaining about small fonts in various games, but never had an issue myself until now in GTA 5.

I find reading texts and emails rather hard sitting a little less than 4 meters away from a 50".
Yeah, I don't bother with emails and texts outside of a squinted glance.

Super small text.

oneils

Anyone having problems with the UI ? I've often heard people complaining about small fonts in various games, but never had an issue myself until now in GTA 5.

I find reading texts and emails rather hard sitting a little less than 4 meters away from a 50".

4 metres away is pretty far for a 50 inch tv. In my living room setup i sit that distance away from a 42 inch tv. Was so hard seeing the hud in games that i bought a 50 inch tv for my spare bedroom. i sit less than 6 feet away and it is just about right. i think 12 feet will be tough. er, sorry that i am not much help.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So earlier today I ran into a random event where 2 guys had this woman's car. I shot the guys, and the woman ran away and called me crazy. Does this random event occur again and does it offer a good reward?

CyReN

Uh, I think they were just getting ripped off.
They wanted a key (a kilo) of cocaine, but were actually given an ounce attached to a drywall brick. So, yeah, the brick was to fake the size and weight.

Thanks for the quick response.

Alright so the more I see/hear about this game the more intrigued I am the more I want to play it, however here is my issue. The language in the game just grates on me. I can only hear jr high level vocabulary for so long. Is there a way I can turn off voices (or at least turn them down) and use subtitles? I just don't wanna hear it. Can someone please let me know if that is an option?

kiyomi

Wow, the flight school for helicopters just dumps you in it, huh? Had never piloted a heli before and the first thing it tells you to do, pretty much, is go through a bunch of checkpoints real fast. I find flying them easier from 1st person, and then I was asked to thread it between a bridge. Tutorial for helis could've been a lot smoother and a steadier learning curve.

I'm nearly through all the main story missions (59/69) and I wanted to say : boy the map is HUGE. Like ridiculously huge. I can't help to wonder, like, seriously, in a "normal playthrough", how much of it will I see ? I feel like there are lots of places I didn't visit, unlike the other GTA.

A tiny bit of complain : yes there is less filler in this game than its predecessor, but I feel like Blain County is a little under-used. You know what, RSG should have included a landmark option so that each time you discover a something (a funny place, some abandonned graveyard, a hill atop of the forest, etc), you get something toward completion. Kind of like Xenoblade. I know it would have motivated me to explore :d

Oh, and sorry, but collectibles in GTA games are still no fun. At least let us buy maps/hints to find them.

SuperSah

Banned
Wow, the flight school for helicopters just dumps you in it, huh? Had never piloted a heli before and the first thing it tells you to do, pretty much, is go through a bunch of checkpoints real fast. I find flying them easier from 1st person, and then I was asked to thread it between a bridge. Tutorial for helis could've been a lot smoother and a steadier learning curve.

Yeah, it teaches you all you need to know about a plane, but then dumps you in a Heli expecting you to know it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Gasoline trail selfie:

0_0.jpg

Gaz_RB

That ending...

(Ending spoilers)
Finally a crime drama where you can decide if the ending can be good! Normally in my crime movie experience, the criminals, no matter how likeable they are, die. I was really happy that I could pick option C, unite the homies, and destroy our enemies! I had a smile on my face the whole time. Overall the narrative was eh, But the relationships between the characters was fun to watch. Good stuff!

Loved the game. Worth the hype.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The city at nights, from the sky = prettiest game this gen. No joke.

Darko

That ending...

(Ending spoilers)
Finally a crime drama where you can decide if the ending can be good! Normally in my crime movie experience, the criminals, no matter how likeable they are, die. I was really happy that I could pick option C, unite the homies, and destroy our enemies! I had a smile on my face the whole time. Overall the narrative was eh, But the relationships between the characters was fun to watch. Good stuff!

Loved the game. Worth the hype.

ending spoilers

if you choose to kill one of the characters that character is locked out from the rest of your game... which sucks cause I didnt do any of trevors side quests... Im gonna have to replay and choose the third option, luckily I did make a separeate save a few missions before so I dont have to replay the entire game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I'm not as far through as a lot of you, but, damn this game is addicting! Just finished a few of the first Trevor missions. That is one seriously messed up individual.

Gaz_RB

ending spoilers

if you choose to kill one of the characters that character is locked out from the rest of your game... which sucks cause I didnt do any of trevors side quests... Im gonna have to replay and choose the third option, luckily I did make a separeate save a few missions before so I dont have to replay the entire game.

Ending spoilers

Haha you didn't like Trevor? I'll admit he's a huge dick. I haven't played the other two options, but I assumed that was how it went down. I was hoping maybe you could switch to the one being killed and kill the other two, reverting back to a single protagonist, but I guess not.

Dreaver

I know car saving is bugged, but how does the unique personal car thing work? Franklin has a unique Bravado Buffalo (according to the game). Will this car always respawn or something? I sure don't want to lose it, but I DO want to drive it.

Top Bottom