• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Loudninja

I know car saving is bugged, but how does the unique personal car thing work? Franklin has a unique Bravado Buffalo (according to the game). Will this car always respawn or something? I sure don't want to lose it, but I DO want to drive it.
Yeah it always respawn.

terrible

Banned
Aww yiss!

That was a lot harder to get that I first expected.
Ended up landing with my engine smoking and then I had to taxi my way past (over) a ton of cop cars into the hanger before quickly getting out and dying so they wouldn't blow it up. Feels good.

How are you supposed to be able to view your Snapmatic photos?
I don't know if any of the pictures I've taken even actually exist due to the supreme flakiness of all this iFruint/Social Club stuff.

That ending...

(Ending spoilers)
Finally a crime drama where you can decide if the ending can be good! Normally in my crime movie experience, the criminals, no matter how likeable they are, die. I was really happy that I could pick option C, unite the homies, and destroy our enemies! I had a smile on my face the whole time. Overall the narrative was eh, But the relationships between the characters was fun to watch. Good stuff!

Loved the game. Worth the hype.

The first two endings are incredibly bleak, especially the Kill Michael one. Thank fuck for ending C. That'd better be the canon one.

Also, the rampages are hilarious. I love how sensitive Trevor is about his Canadian origins.

Darko

Ending spoilers

Haha you didn't like Trevor? I'll admit he's a huge dick. I haven't played the other two options, but I assumed that was how it went down. I was hoping maybe you could switch to the one being killed and kill the other two, reverting back to a single protagonist, but I guess not.

ending spoilers
i just wanted to see if he would actually do it lol, you can actually play through the other two endings if you go to the 'replay missions' in the menu, they are the last two on the list.

I just played through the Franklin ending and it is way longer and better then the other ones.

How common are sharks in the ocean? I've got a pretty decent shark phobia that games can bring out in full force. Can I expect to be chomped pretty much any time I hop in the water (Far Cry 3) or are they relatively rare and/or concentrated only in specific areas?

Any news about the Original Score to this game? Not the radio music, but the mission/cop chase and other ambient music. I really like a lot of it but I can only find bits and pieces on youtube.

There is a lot of potential for creativity in this game. I just discovered the joys of sticky bomb drivebys in traffic.

terrible

Banned
How common are sharks in the ocean? I've got a pretty decent shark phobia that games can bring out in full force. Can I expect to be chomped pretty much any time I hop in the water (Far Cry 3) or are they relatively rare and/or concentrated only in specific areas?

I went for a nice swim at one point and didn't see a single shark, that's all I know. I was paranoid the entire time though.

iddqd

Wow, the flight school for helicopters just dumps you in it, huh? Had never piloted a heli before and the first thing it tells you to do, pretty much, is go through a bunch of checkpoints real fast. I find flying them easier from 1st person, and then I was asked to thread it between a bridge. Tutorial for helis could've been a lot smoother and a steadier learning curve.

I agree, I feel they gave the Helicopter stuff to a smart ass Intern that had his own ideas.

StuBurns

Banned
They're around, but they're actually very tame, they don't just see you and attack, you have lots of time to bail, and you can just get on the boat and kill them, they're red dots like an enemy.

kris.

Banned
Credits are rolling as I type. Fuck I love this game to no end.
Chose option C. Glad I did. I didn't want either to die :<

Darko

How are you supposed to be able to view your Snapmatic photos?
I don't know if any of the pictures I've taken even actually exist due to the supreme flakiness of all this iFruint/Social Club stuff.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/snapmatic/

click "my photos" in the dropdown menu

Credits are rolling as I type. Fuck I love this game to no end.
Chose option C. Glad I did. I didn't want either to die :<

you chose well. i didn't :(

Granted I haven't been in the ocean a lot, but I've only seen sharks when I've done the dinghy sidemission collectathon with Michael. Pretty sure they're scripted to appear there.

I recall seeing some pre-release stuff about scuba diving... I'm pretty far in the game and have yet to see this as an activity (just one mission, actually). Does it exist?

I think i just spoiled myself.

Someone who finished main story please answer me, without spoilers. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD
I read that Trevor will die. This is just one ending, right? You won't be able to finish his side quest if he'll die. This is just 1 of 3 endings, correct?

GQman2121

Banned
Here's a map with the spawn locations for the Armored Trucks: http://i2.minus.com/i8SiSHX42sfyo.png

Also, what is this T-Rex looking icon on the pack-in map?

l3WMBrs.jpg

Alienous

Someone who finished main story please answer me, without spoilers. MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD
I read that Trevor will die. This is just one ending, right? You won't be able to finish his side quest if he'll die. This is just 1 of 3 endings, correct?

An answer would only spoil the game further.

You'll get to the end soon. Don't worry too much about the side quests.

Darko

you can choose if Micheal or Trevor dies.. if you choose either of those you cant use that character or complete those characters side quests... choose the third option.. you can still see those other endings in the replay missions menu.

StuBurns

Banned
You can just nab a dinghy - there are often a couple moored off Elysium Island in the port district .

If you exit the dinghy in the ocean you'll automatically be wearing scuba gear.
That's interesting, are there any other subs? Because driving that thing around the coast is a ballache, it'd be cool if people could do it in bits with various subs.

AngryMoth

Wow, the conversation where Michael accuses Trevor of being a
proto-hipster
was hilarious. The writing in this game is so damn good.

doby

Does the dynasty8 website work after completing the game? Or is it just 'down for maintenance' because it doesn't work at all atm?

Managed to get a buzzard attack chopper mid way in a mission (snipered the pilot while close to the ground), still had it after completing and was desperately trying to find somewhere to save it. Wanted to buy a space on the helipad in the city but cos of the stupid website i couldn't do it :/

Also, are random events the things that pop up on the map while you're driving past? It says in my stats I've done them all so does this mean they wont happen anymore or that I've just completed all the unique scenarios but they'll keep happening regardless?

cilonen

That's interesting, are there any other subs? Because driving that thing around the coast is a ballache, it'd be cool if people could do it in bits with various subs.

I've not found any yet, but I've mostly been mountain biking on Chiliad as a relief from downtown LS so far, I'm planning to start having a look at the ocean stuff tomorrow :)

inky

So, (Dr. Friendlander end story spoilers)

When the game gives you the choice, I let him live and run away to do his radio show and ahit, and a few days later I catch the news and apparently he was murdered. LOL. His latest tweet is pretty funny too.

SJRB

Gold Member
...yeah, I'm not pimping any more cars until Rockstar somehow sorts this shit out. It gets pretty annoying, especially since the impound is supposed to be a safety device but it hardly ever functions properly.

I don't even understand why the garage system has to be so needlessly complicated in the first place. Any car in the garage should respawn there when the player is killed or otherwise abandons his car, it's not rocket science.

Granted I haven't been in the ocean a lot, but I've only seen sharks when I've done the dinghy sidemission collectathon with Michael. Pretty sure they're scripted to appear there.

They're around, but they're actually very tame, they don't just see you and attack, you have lots of time to bail, and you can just get on the boat and kill them, they're red dots like an enemy.

I went for a nice swim at one point and didn't see a single shark, that's all I know. I was paranoid the entire time though.

Thanks. That's a relief.

skynidas

Banned

yes, correct

edit: beaten

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Just checked Bleeter for the first time and this is my top one:
Swallow, bitch. There people starving in Africa. #shitfirstdates

Not so different from what you would actually see on twitter.

Pyronite

I've finished the game and enjoyed it a lot, though found it had a lot of faults as well, but one thing I cannot deny:

Trevor is one of the greatest video game characters of all time.

Ahasverus

So, (Dr. Friendlander end story spoilers)

When the game gives you the choice, I let him live and run away to do his radio show and ahit, and a few days later I catch the news and apparently he was murdered. LOL. His latest tweet is pretty funny too.

WHAT
I finished the story and didn't see this. I'm in shock. I really liked/hated him. A very well written character (not surprising in this game)

Top Bottom