• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Pachimari

Anyone know this, can I buy my own dog instead of having Chop? And can I buy a pet for all the 3 characters or is it only Franklin?

Ok, I'm having a problem with Social Club connection. It reports to me that its unavaliable at the moment since the game has been released. For example i can not take any picture or whatsoever...

Anyone know what's the problem?

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Time advances in this game. Do you walk around in the same clothes every day?

Unless I've missed the option, it's a shame we can't save our own custom outfits.
Almost every time after a character has changed clothing without my control, I've returned to their safe house and altered their appearance to what I want.

I wouldn't mind so much if we could save custom outfits.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You know the trailer which introduced the gameplay it has a scene with Trevor pushing a foot down the toilet. What mission was this because I've completed everything in regards to story but didn't see that bit.

Gorillaz

Ok, I'm having a problem with Social Club connection. It reports to me that its unavaliable at the moment since the game has been released. For example i can not take any picture or whatsoever...

Anyone know what's the problem?

This has literally been the problem for just about everyone. At least the connection to SC thing. Idk about the picture stuff

GTA online will crash within seconds after launch

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm still pretty insanely impressed by the detail in this game. GTA4 never felt like this. I mean, the sheer variety of animations, contextual situations, etc., continually blows me away. The unique animations for Michael doing yoga, for example, are just...like unheard of in terms of the sheer depth and breadth of what Rockstar created. You can see how they spent what they spent.

That said, the controls have really grown into a monster. So many contextual controls.

Derrick01

Banned
my franklin is swagged out now

tumblr_mthvle8XJk1qkwdpuo1_500.jpg

this game is going to be great online. i can already feel it.

He looks like tyler perry there with the exception of those shaved lines in his head.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Random encounter in the middle of fucking nowhere made me 60000$.
Found two guys in the forest digging a grave, with a tied up girl on the ground. I saved her and brought her home, and apparently she's the daughter of a fucking mob boss which wires me some cash. This game.

Found two guys in the forest digging a grave, with a tied up girl on the ground. I saved her and brought her home, and apparently she's the daughter of a fucking mob boss which wires me some cash. This game.

Where was that? I wanna do that.

Dizzle24

Just did Some Trevor missions up until
he meets up with Michael
Trevor is my favorite GTA character ever. I love his insanity and so far, I wish he was the main character lol.

Dreaver

Quick question, the missions where Franklin meets
Lester, you get the first assassination mission that influences stocks. It tells you to assassinate some guy at a hotel, I think the company he is talking about is called Betta Pharmacy or so, can you invest stock in this mission? I don't see it in the stock list. or is it just an introduction mission?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

Ohh I gave her away to crazy hill folk for only 1000.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Quick question, the missions where Franklin meets
Lester, you get the first assassination mission that influences stocks. It tells you to assassinate some guy at a hotel, I think the company he is talking about is called Betta Pharmacy or so, can you invest stock in this mission? I don't see it in the stock list. or is it just an introduction mission?

BAWSAQ not LCN, and I would ditch the mission and invest in them with all 3 characters and then complete it.

stn

Sorry to bother but is pop-up all I need to worry about if I install both discs to my HDD? I don't have a USB with enough space. Normally I'd play off disc but my stupid fucking 360 is scratching the disc. Ugh, always some kind of a problem.

Lima

Sorry to bother but is pop-up all I need to worry about if I install both discs to my HDD? I don't have a USB with enough space. Normally I'd play off disc but my stupid fucking 360 is scratching the disc. Ugh, always some kind of a problem.

Yes it is like the PSN digital version if both discs are installed to the HDD. Massive pop-in and texture sometimes disappearing or loading very late. Just buy a cheap 16GB USB.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm still pretty insanely impressed by the detail in this game. GTA4 never felt like this. I mean, the sheer variety of animations, contextual situations, etc., continually blows me away. The unique animations for Michael doing yoga, for example, are just...like unheard of in terms of the sheer depth and breadth of what Rockstar created. You can see how they spent what they spent.

That said, the controls have really grown into a monster. So many contextual controls.

You mean so many contextual right d-pad actions.

spekkeh

Banned
Trevor seems to be love it or hate it. So far I'm in the hate it camp sadly. The heist at least was great. But, even though I love and am kind of addicted to the game (and I'm really surprised by that cause I thought I was through with the series at 4), the gameplay is mostly not quite there.

Lima

You know I think only Rockstar has the ability (both because of dev time and the money return they have on their games) to hide something like the Kifflom storyline (and a rather long one at that) in the phone. I mean it is something that probably like 80 or 90% of the players will never see.

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Yes it is like the PSN digital version if both discs are installed to the HDD. Massive pop-in and texture sometimes disappearing or loading very late. Just buy a cheap 16GB USB.
So will the game run better when you install it to a USB (less pop-in, smoother frame rate etc)?

Tawpgun

Holy shit what an amazing random event.

I found the one where it looked like a huge gang shootout in the backcountry. The guy said they ran off with his suitcase. I found them and the guy said not to touch it, and when I did he said "Now you're a dead man" and died.

So I got a nice 25 grand cruising down the highway, and all of a sudden 2-3 cars start chasing me shooting. I try a little drive bying but would rather have a shootout on the highway. So I stop the car, get out and start shooting. And the other civilian drivers panic and floor it. I only took out one guy in the entire encounter, the rest of it was civilians running these guys over hahaha.

To make it even more amazing, during this entire ordeal a car was on fire, blew up and took another 2 cars with it. Explosions, panicking pedestrians, and a shootout on a highway. All from a random event.

oh and at the end of it for some reason a cop stopped a car that was in traffic due to the wrecks/carnage, and just LIT THE DUDE UP.

This game is amazing

hitmon

So I had a car parked in Franklin's home's garage and it disappeared. Anybody else have this problem? I checked previously and the car was in there. I haven't taken the car for missions.

Lima

So will the game run better when you install it to a USB (less pop-in, smoother frame rate etc)?

Theoretically it runs better than off disc (360 USB apparently caps out at 20MB/s vs. 12MB/s from the DVD) but you just get the same results as if you were playing off the disc. So you just get the regular pop-in that any open world game this gen had.

Dreaver

BAWSAQ not LCN, and I would ditch the mission and invest in them with all 3 characters and then complete it.

Ahhw BAWSAQ is bugged because Rockstar Social Club is fucked up on Xbox. I thought single player stuff was LCN only. Well guess I might wait with the mission until they sort out Social Club.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You know I think only Rockstar has the ability (both because of dev time and the money return they have on their games) to hide something like the Kifflom storyline (and a rather long one at that) in the phone. I mean it is something that probably like 80 or 90% of the players will never see.

The internet in general is nuts. I am constantly checking the updated lifeinvader and bleeter pages which always talks about missions you do.

Lima

Question: Does anyone know if wingsuits are available in GTA V? Just a random thought I just had. Would love to play that.

Nope. I hope they add them with DLC. I mean we have base jumping and the chute back so why not bring a wingsuit into the game?

So I called in a booty call with a stripper, but she declined because she had a UTI. I stopped at the strip club to pick up someone else but the first girl is there and wants me to take her home anyway. Ew.

Pachinko

So I played a crapton of this today, I'm at about 20% completion right now. Just doing missions for each character , including question marks as they pop up and saving missions at a characters house for after everything else. At first it seemed like I was blazing through the game almost too quickly but then I realized 2 things- 1 I was having quite a bit of fun playing it and 2 , it's felt different from GTA4 because I don't have every character in my phone book calling me every 5 minutes to go bowling. Instead I'm just doing stuff that's actually enjoyable constantly. The usual assortment of bonus missions present in GTA is also very nicely split up amongst the main cast.

Hopefully it doesn't end on such a terribly designed frustrating mission like 4 did.

What's the point of buying Tattoes if you can't even take your shirt off to see them?

Gotta finish the game for some stupid reason.

Also, fuck Rockstar for making you use a fucking app to train up Chop. Why not just let us train him in the fucking game? Just got my progress on the app reset yet a-fucking-gain, so he can't search for collectibles now.

amnesiac

Question: How do I obtain a parachute for base jumping off of the mountain without cheats?

Also, some observations:

Replaying missions sucks because if you pass a checkpoint, but need to go back, you have to go back to story mode and then go to replay mission again. So aggravating.

I've also noticed the mountain bikes on Mount Chiliad won't spawn correctly sometimes. I have to go back near the cable cars and then go back to the top to get them to spawn.

Top Bottom