• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Considering you can customize cars through the ifruit app, I wonder if the car saving issue is related to cars connecting to rockstar servers?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I just tried going for it but I drowned. Shark was there but didn't eat me. Scary as hell.

Ohh yeah I forgot to tell you the most important part. When you are low on air just switch characters and switch back, you'll have full health and air. So don't worry about coming up for air.

Dug

Banned
Ahaha, found a San Andreas reference in the mission
Derailed:

Better than CJ:
Land on the train using the 1st jump

Here's something that made me realize how ridiculous the world is

Fergie's "Glamourous" is almost inexplicably one of my favorite songs in the game. I know of the song from when it was a radio hit back in the day, but I always hated it because obviously. Yet when cruising around superficial Los Santos (as Michael or Franklin at least), that sound perfectly encapsulates the illusory dream they are striving for throughout the game.

So I figure, "Hey, I should check out the music video for dat Fergie song" (paraphrased from my original source thought)

NOPE

So cheesy. So much bad acting. It made me hate the song more than I did the first time I heard it, yet also made me love it being in the game even more because pretending Michael is a huge Fergie fan is hysterical.

45 hours in, my biggest complaint is still the lack of custom soundtracks, because without a dedicated metal station in this game my life is very empty :(

anddo0

Could R* finally be getting their shit together?

After almost 50 hours, I finally revived my first friend update (4 in the last half hour).

I think I just got a chased by the cops for drunk driving. Switched to Trevor hanging off a bridge, drunk, got in his truck, was swerving then boom 1 star.

Alienous

Fergie's "Glamourous" is almost inexplicably one of my favorite songs in the game. I know of the song from when it was a radio hit back in the day, but I always hated it because obviously. Yet when cruising around superficial Los Santos (as Michael or Franklin at least), that sound perfectly encapsulates the illusory dream they are striving for throughout the game.

So I figure, "Hey, I should check out the music video for dat Fergie song" (paraphrased from my original source thought)

NOPE

So cheesy. So much bad acting. It made me hate the song more than I did the first time I heard it, yet also made me love it being in the game even more because pretending Michael is a huge Fergie fan is hysterical.

45 hours in, my biggest complaint is still the lack of custom soundtracks, because without a dedicated metal station in this game my life is very empty :(

Inexplicably, after performing a heist this song started playing in my newly pimped car, as I drove through Los Santos at night. Really fitting.

Grisby

'Random' mission spoiler for Franklin. I really liked
the girl you save from those two dudes who are trying to bury her. She is the one who has a mob boss dad.

Hope that person comes back in some way.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
BAWSAQ is back up again for me after being down all day, but HAL stock is still worth dick. Guess I'll put in another few 100k cause it can't really go lower than 1$.

I still feel like you should be limited to one weapon per weapon tier.

And an arrest should mean you have to buy back all of your weapons.

And police should use stun guns and tear gas that, if you are hit by them, make you easily arrestable.

It seems like the lack of weapon restrictions carry into GTA Online, and judging from the trailers perhaps even the death-matches. I'm so sure they have further fucked up the weapon balance in that; really there should be a weapon 'weight' limit, with carrying a rocket launcher or minigun taking up more of your 'weapons slots'. Or something. No restrictions means no specialization. Ideally, during a GTA Online heist, you might have a shotgun guy bust through the door. Some guys with SMGs covering him. Perhaps a Sniper perched on the roof the the building opposite to the bank. Your heavy gunner with the minigun in case things go awry. Instead everyone will eventually have everything.

Yeah, I wish the police would make more arrests. Would have been nice at 1-3 levels if there were situations where cops could tackle you down and make an arrest, since it seems death is the only other option.

For example, I fell in front of a cop earlier, and instead of arresting me, he shoots me to death. Would have been nice if the AI was like that.

I dont want to have to buy weapons all the time, but every now and then, I'd like to feel in actual danger when running from the cops instead of knowing I'll ultimately be slapped with a mere $5K fee

Andrew.

Banned
BAWSAQ is back up again for me after being down all day, but HAL stock is still worth dick. Guess I'll put in another few 100k cause it can't really go lower than 1$.

That ocean spot for cash is bullshit. Especially if your lung capacity sucks. There's nothing there from what I can see. Submarine ship parts. That's it.

SlickVic

In the first heist, I managed to
recover the score from the dead gunmen, but I'm not really sure how I did that.
Wish I had a better idea of that for future heists.

Jrmint

I can't believe how amazing this is.

Those first few hours you get Trevor was some of the best gaming experience I've had this entire gen. The rest of the game is great too, but wow that was fun.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
That ocean spot for cash is bullshit. Especially if your lung capacity sucks. There's nothing there from what I can see. Submarine ship parts. That's it.

It's there. you can also try the one further north, which I've personally farmed a couple million from. And again lung capacity means shit in this game since you can switch characters while under water so anytime you're low you just switch from one to the other and back again and you're at full capacity.

Ark

NOPE

I agree 100%; it's great to know I'm not alone with that too. I spend the majority of my time on the Non-Stop Pop station, partly for the British DJ but mostly because the music seems to fit the world so well.

Lima

Anyone install both discs to 360 and not have issues with it? Thank you!

Install one on the HDD and the other on a USB stick and you are fine.

Unrelated thought. Might have to go to my tailor with a picture of that Kifflom outfit. That is some hot shit. It is also kinda cool how everyone seems to know the Epsilon group. You walk around in that outfit and clerks in stores and people on the street all say "Kifflom" to you.

Spat_triate

I can't help but feel like they didn't have time to add more heists.
They made a big deal about leveling up crew members in the beginning but you barely have the chance to use any of them. What's the point?

-Option for constant aiming reticule for running and gunning. It's fun but I hate having to hold down the trigger to make the reticule appear. It also disappears too quickly.

If you hold the "shoot" trigger halfway, you can do this. Pull it the rest of the way to fire.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
my franklin is swagged out now

tumblr_mthvle8XJk1qkwdpuo1_500.jpg

this game is going to be great online. i can already feel it.

Gorillaz

Rockstar's song selection is a little spotty this time but they still have some bangers on it. Hell even the Pop station is good, and I was kind of "meh" when it was first announced they were doing a pop station

sunnz

my franklin is swagged out now

tumblr_mthvle8XJk1qkwdpuo1_500.jpg

this game is going to be great online. i can already feel it.

I want to do that, customise the 3 characters.

But ever time I switch back to a certain character, there clothes change which is very annoying.

Top Bottom