• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Sticky bombs are the best.

I enjoy driving around the city, tossing a sticky bomb on the back of an unsuspecting car and letting the driver head off in the opposite direction. I detonate it a few seconds later and watch the mayhem unfold. Good times!

Dreaver

Bah a random event that gives me a hint to invest in a BAWSAQ company... which is.. down of course. Extremely stupid, really annoying that single player shit is tied to Rockstar Social Club online crap.

doby

Bah a random event that gives me a hint to invest in a BAWSAQ company... which is.. down of course. Extremely stupid, really annoying that single player shit is tied to Rockstar Social Club online crap.

BAWSAQ has been pretty stable for me the past couple of days. If it doesn't load the first time go back to the home page and try again. Usually does the trick for me.

On a side note, today I've been getting social club messages in game from my psn buddies, but i have no clue how to read them. They're not in my email or text.

Randdalf

Do I need to be subscribed to Xbox Live gold to get the social club bonuses? I linked my account on their website, just waiting for something to happen I guess.

Ahasverus

Credits are rolling as I type. Fuck I love this game to no end.
Chose option C. Glad I did. I didn't want either to die :<

Options A and B are not really good missions, while I like the writing (Trevor dying in hellfire is somewhat fitting) the last mission is probably the second best last mission on GTA ever (the best one still being San Andreas'

So, (Dr. Friendlander end story spoilers)

When the game gives you the choice, I let him live and run away to do his radio show and ahit, and a few days later I catch the news and apparently he was murdered. LOL. His latest tweet is pretty funny too.

I chased the fucker down and shot him up while he was driving, then threw him out, and set his corpse on fire.

Gotta finish the game for some stupid reason.

Also, fuck Rockstar for making you use a fucking app to train up Chop. Why not just let us train him in the fucking game? Just got my progress on the app reset yet a-fucking-gain, so he can't search for collectibles now.

what the fuuuuuuuck, you can't train Chop in the game? the dog that is in the game, you can't use him if you don't have an iPhone? what? that can't be true. how do you train Chop in the game?

and what is that not being able to go shirtless before finishing the game shit about? so i have to go diving with a shirt on..? ehhhhh.

if that crap is true along with not being able to look out the window when riding a taxi (like in GTAIV), i will deduct at least 2 points from the game.

Wasp

0_0.jpg

The day of the SUV. Nothing but SUV's spawned for like five minutes. Felt like I had entered the twilight zone.
This happened to me but every vehicle was a freightliner truck.

It was during the boat mission near the beginning of the game. Immediately after the car engine blows I turned around to go back over the bridge and both sides of the road was gridlocked full of huge trucks, dozens of them.

Endo Punk

I'm curious to know, do Trevor and Franklin get along? A character like Trevor in real life would absolutely be a downright racist. GTA always pushes the boundaries of taste and I think it would be an awesome dynamic if the two are always at each others throat. I mean gaming are tackling all these hard hitting subjects of torture and sexuality, it's only a matter of time until race issues are also explored.

Yeah despite holding off GTA I'm kinda obsessed with the game lol, seen over 5 hours of lets play videos.

I'm curious to know, do Trevor and Franklin get along? A character like Trevor in real life would absolutely be a downright racist. GTA always pushes the boundaries of taste and I think it would be an awesome dynamic if the two are always at each others throat. I mean gaming are tackling all these hard hitting subjects of torture and sexuality, it's only a matter of time until race issues are also explored.

Yeah despite holding off GTA I'm kinda obsessed with the game lol, seen over 5 hours of lets play videos.

Trevor aint a racist. What gave you that idea ?

Grisby

I kind of want to go play those GTA 4 expansions. Was going to play through the 360 one but I sold the disc a while ago. Might hunt it down again.

Just in a GTA mood. So crazy what thise series has become since the original incarnation.
oh god so many spoilers I'm scared of this thread.
Someone should make a real gangsta spoiler thread.

I just started watching those satirical films that play in the movie theater. LOL.

Seriously, the art movie parody was spot on. It's like they took every Fellini-rip off cliche and exposed the genre for the pretentious silliness it is.

SJRB

Gold Member

Trevor isn't racist, why would he? He hates everyone equally.

He doesn't show any racism.
Just an all around psychopath, but not a racist.

SJRB

Gold Member
That I'm sure he does but does he use any racial slurs? I feel it would be within his character to do so.

No he doesn't use racial slurs and no it's not in his character at all. Maybe play the game before jumping to these weird conclusions?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So, (Dr. Friendlander end story spoilers)

When the game gives you the choice, I let him live and run away to do his radio show and ahit, and a few days later I catch the news and apparently he was murdered. LOL. His latest tweet is pretty funny too.

tweet? where?

I just started watching those satirical films that play in the movie theater. LOL.

Seriously, the art movie parody was spot on. It's like they took every Fellini-rip off cliche and exposed the genre for the pretentious silliness it is.
The final line with the director on the ladder was just...so perfect lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That I'm sure he does but does he use any racial slurs? I feel it would be within his character to do so.

The first mission I did with him, franklin and lamar had him usually mockingly talk more like they do but it didn't seem more than that.

Nameless

I've pretty much ignored Mike and Franklin since getting Trevor. Gave him a Devil Rejects beard, a cheap suit, and a No Country For Old Men style suppressed shot gun. I think I spent 3 hours wandering around the countryside starting and stumbling into shit.

Overdoziz

Banned
After much effort I finally managed to grab a commercial airplane and take off from the airport! Sadly after I flew for about 5 minutes the engines randomly shut off and I had to glide it into the ocean. :(

neoism

No issues with the controversial scene in the game. Just went through it and don't see how its any worse than running over civilians and massacring a bunch of cops. And also...its GTA...and a video game.

People making a big deal for nothing.
yup had no problem with it at all

Endo Punk

You have to have the context of those situations and his character. The first one he's mocking racism in the police force, for example.

He's very clearly not racist.

It would have been pretty interesting if Rockstar took a page from America History X and Romper Stomper with Trevor. Just making a downright hateful character. The dynamic between him and Franklin would have been dynamite.

ieatzombies

I've pretty much ignored Mike and Franklin since getting Trevor. Gave him a Devil Rejects beard, a cheap suit, and a No Country For Old Men style suppressed shot gun. I think I spent 3 hours wandering around the countryside starting and stumbling into shit.
This sounds great! Gonna go hunting now.

Trevor's not a redneck, he's a Canadian psychopath who lives in a trailer in the desert. I actually liked the dynamic between him and Franklin.

alright i know someone has got to know the answer to this so gonna ask again....

So the more I see/hear about this game the more intrigued I am the more I want to play it, however here is my issue. The language in the game just grates on me. I can only hear jr high level vocabulary for so long. Is there a way I can turn off voices (or at least turn them down) and use subtitles? I just don't wanna hear it. Can someone please let me know if that is an option?

CSX

Preparing for 2nd heist mission. Doing all other missions beforehand.

I been having fun at every mission. I recall GTAIV feeling like a chore during certain strings of missions but so far in V , I been having a constant blast :)

StuBurns

Banned
alright i know someone has got to know the answer to this so gonna ask again....

So the more I see/hear about this game the more intrigued I am the more I want to play it, however here is my issue. The language in the game just grates on me. I can only hear jr high level vocabulary for so long. Is there a way I can turn off voices (or at least turn them down) and use subtitles? I just don't wanna hear it. Can someone please let me know if that is an option?
No, volume has an individual 'slider' like music and sound, but it's only to boost the voices louder.

Top Bottom