• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

StuBurns

Banned
It would have been pretty interesting if Rockstar took a page from America History X and Romper Stomper with Trevor. Just making a downright hateful character. The dynamic between him and Franklin would have been dynamite.
There's too much animosity between Trevor and Micheal, Franklin's relationship with Trevor being positive is actually vital to the story.

EDIT: Fuck, sorry.

Omg I just jumped out of my blimp w/ no parachute because I thought it was auto-equipped. Guess a blimp doesn't count as a helicopter or plane! Lol

Preparing for 2nd heist mission. Doing all other missions beforehand.

I been having fun at every mission. I recall GTAIV feeling like a chore during certain strings of missions but so far in V , I been having a constant blast :)

Probably the first GTA with very little filler. While that's generally great, it did mean that some side characters didn't feel all that fleshed out. Also, I was kinda bummed out that characters like Ron and Chef stopped appearing after a certain point. Trevor's business receiving more focus would've been nice, as well as Franklin's hood problems.

Anyone have a list of minor things removed from GTA IV?

-There's no longer a burnt model, they just turn black where in IV they would actually char
-Can't pick up bottles and trash
-Bloody footsteps seem to be gone or very heavily decreased, which is weird given they're there for snow, dust, water, etc.

Alienous

Probably the first GTA with very little filler. While that's generally great, it did mean that some side characters didn't feel all that fleshed out. Also, I was kinda bummed out that characters like Ron and Chef stopped appearing after a certain point. Trevor's business receiving more focus would've been nice, as well as Franklin's hood problems.

I'll agree.

I feel like a lot of that was transferred over to GTA Online.

Judging from the trailer, GTA Online has exclusive interiors. That's interesting. Also [SPOILER}GTA V only has 5 street races whereas GTA Online, presumably, has a lot more laid out, and tools to create thousands[/SPOILER]. There was a lot of room for side content that just wasn't explored, even if it would have been derivative "Go to this drug deal".

Megasoum

Banned
darn that is frustrating. I really wish there were language filters built into games. Oh well.

It is a M Rated game...

So you're totally fine killling hundreds of people, torture, make stuff explode and steal millions of dollards but can't accept that characters swear?

SJRB

Gold Member

-There's no longer a burnt model, they just turn black where in IV they would actually char
-Bloody footsteps seem to be gone or very heavily decreased, which is weird given they're there for snow, dust, water, etc.

- not being able to get out of a car and keep the engine running and car door open
- Burger Shot / Cluckin' Bell

Can't shove people.
This is from Red Dead, but people no longer limp or crawl when shot in the legs.
No enterable hospital, unless that one you access during one of Trevor's stranger missions can be entered.

Alienous

- not being able to get out of a car and keep the engine running and car door open
- Burger Shot / Cluckin' Bell

Yes.

Utterly strange for a game with heists and, therefore, getaway vehicles.

And I would have removed canned drinks as a method of regaining health before removing hot dogs and burgers.

duckroll

The garage stuff in this game is DEFINITELY messed up. I bought a bicycle from the internet for $2,500. It shows up in the Vinewood Garage. I use it to cycle all over at night. Have a great time, drive all the way over to Blaine County, and I decide to start the Epsilon missions. I head to the point for the first one, and the cutscene triggers. Obviously after that I'm separated from the bike. Doesn't really matter, I continue playing, switch around with characters, do another story mission, do more side stuff, etc. Later on, I bring a motorcycle I stole into the garage, and BAM. My bicycle is gone. Not there anymore. Totally missing.

??????????????????????????????????

Seriously bullshit.

It is a M Rated game...

So you're totally fine killling hundreds of people, torture, make stuff explode and steal millions of dollards but can't accept that characters swear?

ya cause that is what I said lol. Thank you for acting like an ignorant jerk appreciate it.

My issue is not the occasional swearing it is the frequency of it. Honestly doesn't even bother me 90% of the time but in all previous GTA's they literally sound like a jr high kid wrote the script with all the unnecessary swearing. It grates on me. I'm sorry that my taste has offended you so lol. It would just be a nice option to be able to cut it out.

Alienous

The garage stuff in this game is DEFINITELY messed up. I bought a bicycle from the internet for $2,500. It shows up in the Vinewood Garage. I use it to cycle all over at night. Have a great time, drive all the way over to Blaine County, and I decide to start the Epsilon missions. I head to the point for the first one, and the cutscene triggers. Obviously after that I'm separated from the bike. Doesn't really matter, I continue playing, switch around with characters, do another story mission, do more side stuff, etc. Later on, I bring a motorcycle I stole into the garage, and BAM. My bicycle is gone. Not there anymore. Totally missing.

Seriously bullshit.

Rockstar will probably stealth patch it when they release GTA Online.

Seriously bullshit.

That's why you don't buy cars or bikes until Rockstar maybe fixes it. Helicopters at least are fine, though.

StuBurns

Banned
And I would have removed canned drinks as a method of regaining health before removing hot dogs and burgers.
Why? Vending machines can go in a lot of places a hot dog van could never be. There's one in the shooting ranges for example, which is pretty useful.

Have people talked about which was their favorite mission much? I'd be interested to see. Pretty much everyone's favorite in GTA4 was the bank job (four leaf clover?), this game certainly doesn't have such a blatant standout high point.

Alienous

Why? Vending machines can go in a lot of places a hot dog van could never be. There's one in the shooting ranges for example, which is pretty useful.

Have people talked about which was their favorite mission much? I'd be interested to see. Pretty much everyone's favorite in GTA4 was the bank job (four leaf clover?), this game certainly doesn't have such a blatant standout high point.

Heist #5, parachuting in.

Police climb laders if they last saw you on a roof and stars never go away if you're at the airport. I'm going back to try and manipulate the stock.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
That's why you don't buy cars or bikes until Rockstar maybe fixes it. Helicopters at least are fine, though.

Can you access that with anyone other than Trevor? Cause I know the copter you get automatically after one of the missions that is stored in Sandy Shores is only available to him.

doby

ya cause that is what I said lol. Thank you for acting like an ignorant jerk appreciate it.

My issue is not the occasional swearing it is the frequency of it. Honestly doesn't even bother me 90% of the time but in all previous GTA's they literally sound like a jr high kid wrote the script with all the unnecessary swearing. It grates on me. I'm sorry that my taste has offended you so lol. It would just be a nice option to be able to cut it out.

If you think about it, the whole game centers around angry/unhappy characters in highly strung scenarios, there's gonna be a lot of swearing!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
So why is rockstar getting a free pass with forcing people to have an app to train dog. Thats some serious bullshit n many other devs would be shat on for it *cough ea cough*

I don't like how you can't crouch.

Also I crashed and Trevor crawled but I don't think you can go prone which would be nice to have probably.

StuBurns

Banned
So why is rockstar getting a free pass with forcing people to have an app to train dog. Thats some serious bullshit n many other devs would be shat on for it *cough ea cough*
No one could possibly argue this game isn't worth the price of entry. People don't seem to complain on GAF about something like that unless the main game feels lacking.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
A tiny bit of complain : yes there is less filler in this game than its predecessor, but I feel like Blain County is a little under-used. You know what, RSG should have included a landmark option so that each time you discover a something (a funny place, some abandonned graveyard, a hill atop of the forest, etc), you get something toward completion. Kind of like Xenoblade. I know it would have motivated me to explore :d

A landmark system like LA Noire's might have been nice. There are an awful lot of very unique locations that you more or less just have to remember because they're unidentifiable from the map.

doby

No one could possibly argue this game isn't worth the price of entry. People don't seem to complain on GAF about something like that unless the main game feels lacking.

and tbh the majority of people who bought the game either don't know about it (you're only told in one of the little info boxes, easy to miss) or couldn't care less.

Clothing related question no one has answered for me yet. Where in the hell do you buy glasses? Surburban is the only shop I've found with any type of glasses and those were just cheap sunglasses. There's a "glasses" option for all three characters.

Alienous

Clothing related question no one has answered for me yet. Where in the hell do you buy glasses? Surburban is the only shop I've found with any type of glasses and those were just cheap sunglasses. There's a "glasses" option for all three characters.

Ammunation has them.

You have to have a look around, but they are in a lot of stores.

Cake Boss

Banned
This probably has been asked many times, but is the rockstar social club thing down? because it keeps saying that when I am trying to take pics. Do I have to register or link my account somehow?

Can you not take pics when the servers are having a problem? I'm playing a mission where I need to take a photo but its not letting me because It says the snapshot photos or whatever won't load.

Zukuu

Banned
Oh. I did that earlier and it showed nothing. But now there's stuff. Thought I had more, but I suppose those failed to upload.

0_0.jpg

The day of the SUV. Nothing but SUV's spawned for like five minutes. Felt like I had entered the twilight zone.

Exactly what happend to me lol. Only for an hour or so

InertiaXr

So the general sentiment I'm getting from the OT so far is that you shouldn't invest any time or money into cars besides the ones each character owns/starts with? The BMW 5/7 serie knockoff for Michael, the Dodge Charger knockoff for Franklin, and the red truck thing for Trevor?

Mully

I know it's been asked hundreds of times in this thread, but should I get this on 360?

I haven't turned it for a video game in nearly a year.

Top Bottom