• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

So the general sentiment I'm getting from the OT so far is that you shouldn't invest any time or money into cars besides the ones each character owns/starts with? The BMW 5/7 serie knockoff for Michael, the Dodge Charger knockoff for Franklin, and the red truck thing for Trevor?

Yep, unless you cheat the stock market and end up with hundreds of millions of dollars, or you can just wait for a patch. If they ever fix it :/

Zukuu

Banned
So the general sentiment I'm getting from the OT so far is that you shouldn't invest any time or money into cars besides the ones each character owns/starts with? The BMW 5/7 serie knockoff for Michael, the Dodge Charger knockoff for Franklin, and the red truck thing for Trevor?

Basically. You can invest into custom cars, but leave them at the garage and only take them for joyrides (when you have saved before). Don't take them on missions.

You can also change the color of the standard cars obviously.

Matte Black > all btw. For Trevor's truck a metallic yeollow is awesome.

Zafir

So why is rockstar getting a free pass with forcing people to have an app to train dog. Thats some serious bullshit n many other devs would be shat on for it *cough ea cough*

The even more annoying parts is it's iOS only. Dug my ipod touch out to try it, and it wouldn't even let me log on because rockstar social was down.

Does the dog even change much though? I'm not that far, maybe a quarter or a third through, but I've only seen the dog used in a mission once.

Grimsen

Cars I've put in the special garages haven't disappeared on me, but I'm scared to take them out.

I know it's been asked hundreds of times in this thread, but should I get this on 360?

I haven't turned it for a video game in nearly a year.

Yes, yes, yes. Only game I paid $60 for this year and it was well worth it. It looks fantastic on the 360 too, especially after you play it for an hour or 2 and get used to the aliasing.

The even more annoying parts is it's iOS only. Dug my ipod touch out to try it, and it wouldn't even let me log on because rockstar social was down.

Does the dog even change much though? I'm not that far, maybe a quarter or a third through, but I've only seen the dog used in a mission once.

You can take the dog with you on non-missions. He even hops in the front passenger seat of cars and everything. He respawns too so you don't have to worry about that. Driving through Los Santos with an open convertible blasting Radio Los Santos with Chop in the front seat was one of the most memorable moments I've had so far. Or when slightly later he mauled a mime.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ahhh fucking shit! Hiked my ass all the way to the top of Mount Josiah and wanted to take a pic of the army base and the game won't let me because R*'s shit is busted.

Spent 45 minutes destroying FlyUs planes at the airport. AirEmu stock did nothing but lower slightly. Anybody out there have luck in manipulating stock?

Are there gyms in this game? Is Franklin getting bigger or is it just me?

There's an outdoor gym near Trevor's Los Santos safehouse. I once switched to him and he was in a fight with two bodybuilders because he believed they stole his underwear.

I don't think you can use the equipment, but NPCs can.

Tmac

How parked cars work?

Do you always have to get them back to your garage or is there any way to 'lock' your car so you don't loose it?

Your can spend millions on cars but if you can loose them is totally sucks :9

Haha! Just switched from Trevor to Michael and saw they were close on the map so I drove down to where Trevor was and they had a small exchange about having something to do together (the 2nd heist).. followed Trevor for a bit and he called me his porky stalker. Wish I had taken the opportunity to switch back to hear if there was anymore dialogue

Don't forget about Franklin's bike. That never disappears.

You can customize cars but, like others have said, leave them in the special 4-car garage you can purchase for $30,000, not you're regular safe house garages.

Chuck

Still without luck
RE: broken iFruit app

I got in, here's what I did.

1: Try signing in a bunch and eventually you will get the error immediately when you hit the login button
2: When that happens, hit the home button and return to the home screen
3: Then, double tap the home button and close the app (swipe the card away if you're on ios7 or hit the red x for ios6)
4: Now relaunch it and it SHOULD sign you in and have you good to go.
(if it doesn't work the first time try again)

This worked for me twice, so maybe give it a shot if you still having trouble with it.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Can't wait for October 1. It's going to be an amazing shitstorm.

I know right. I'm so honored to be the leader of PS3-GAF GTA crew so I've had the distinct privilege of fucking with the Social Club's slowass interface for about a month now.

Buy 100 mil in server hosting boys you've earned plenty.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
The game definitely has limited car memory, right now I run into Vapid Bullets like it's my job. At first I thought "Ohhh shit gotta snag that and put it in my garage," but now I can literally steal one drive like a total asshole and before the one I'm in is toast I can have my pick of a new one in the color that I want. After this it'll be a different car that is all over the place, regardless of rarity it seems. And the area doesn't matter, the amount is less but they are still quite common even up north in Sandy Shores and the rest of Blaine County.

Megasoum

Banned
Just went through half the map on a bike with Trevor...so much fun lol. That dude has good cardio! haha

Also, I love the facts that the characters have clear obsessions/phobias

Aliens are a recurring subject for Michael and same for Clowns with Trevor hahahahaha.

Welp, my real life plans for tonight were called off due to A. Everyone playing GTA and B. There's a possible storm tonight so might as well stay home and play GTA all night.

Sounds good to me!

Megasoum

Banned
Does anybody know the exact number of films in the movie theater are?

It seems like I'm going to be doing a lot of watching.

Some people have said that it was only 2? But I'm not sure.

What I'm curious about is the quality of the videos. I've seen a couple of people in here complaining that the movies were super compressed and terrible looking but from what I remember, the one I saw looked all right. I wonder if the 360 version of the videos are more compressed since they are more space limited compared to PS3? I'd love to see a comparison.

Some people have said that it was only 2? But I'm not sure.

What I'm curious about is the quality of the videos. I've seen a couple of people in here complaining that the movies were super compressed and terrible looking but from what I remember, the one I saw looked all right. I wonder if the 360 version of the videos are more compressed since they are more space limited compared to PS3? I'd love to see a comparison.
I'm on PS3 and they're very compressed. Disappointing.

As for the amount, I've personally seen three: Loneliest Robot, the foreign film, and Meltdown (which is unlocked later in the game but is truly awesome).

Neiteio

Jeez, I've been playing this game all day long. It's ridiculously good. I didn't really care for the last one, but this blows GTA4 out of the water and into the sun. I love all three of the main characters. I love the entire world they inhabit. I love the variety in the missions and the sheer amount of incidental and ambient detail packed into every facet of the seemingly never-ending world. Just incredible.

How in the hell are you supposed to make money (legit wise don't want to cheat)? All I want to do is buy the LS heliport but 400 grand is impossible. Oh and the stock market is shit unless I can't tell what I'm doing with it.

bryanee

How do you get enough cash for some of those properties? I've invested well and two of my characters have close to two million each and the other a million but nowhere near enough for some of the stuff.

Is the stock market the only way to make enough?

Has Rockstar said anything about Android versions of the apps? They should've been ready at launch. It's not as if Android only makes up 10% of the market or something.

Zafir

How in the hell are you supposed to make money (legit wise don't want to cheat)? All I want to do is buy the LS heliport but 400 grand is impossible. Oh and the stock market is shit unless I can't tell what I'm doing with it.
Have you done any assassination missions yet? They're a good way to manipulate the market. Just buy into the competitor of the company your going to mess up on all of your characters and you can usually double your money.

Neiteio

I love how Trevor is such a considerate father figure to Tracey and Jimmy, lol.

I also love Trevor's story he tells to Wade while looking for Michael. :)

Top Bottom