• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Is there any way to buy and sell BAWSAQ stocks on the Social Club website? I can see my portfolio, but I don't see an option to buy and sell.

anddo0

Is there any way to buy and sell BAWSAQ stocks on the Social Club website? I can see my portfolio, but I don't see an option to buy and sell.

No.

It would solve a lot of issues people are currently having.

What's the difference in the lcn exchange and bawsaq?

LCN is mostly offline- if Social Club is acting up LCN is affected too.

Bawsaq- tied into story/side missions, and is online based.

I agree! I just want more stuff to do after the story. And that's not Rockstar's fault, they put a lot in, that's more of a compliment that I want to keep playing. I'd even do more generic heists or assassination missions. It's be cool if there was more generic assault missions too. Like drug wars in TBOGT. Loved that stuff.

I'm not even asking for big elaborate missions. They could take settings in the game already- strip club, airport, airfield, bars, movie theaters, banks, golf club, resorts, tennis courts, car shops, bike shops, etc.- and attach small, simple, infinite missions to them like vehicle/shipment robberies, armored truck/delivery truck heists, assaults on rival businesses, defending from rival businesses/gangs, smuggling, and keeping up with general business maintenance + employment, etc. The money issue would be tied up in a nice bow and fit each of the character traits nicely.

I have to agree with zero margin's post that the properties feel rushed. For a game that has money references in the title font, the handling of funds is weak. I remember an interview with, I think, Dan Houser where he acknowledged that there was nothing to buy in GTAIV, but I think they missed the point. Now there's a bunch of expensive stuff to buy, but money still isn't being used correctly. There's no natural loop. You either know the tricks beforehand, or you exploit mechanics. Then the money just goes into a worthless black hole.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished the story. It's amazing what they were able to pull off with current-gen hardware graphically. Now I guess it's time to buy some property & do side-missions.
It was messed up how
Johnny K
died though.

Randomly helped some woman who was about to get killed and buried by some guys, she ended up being a really good getaway chick who doesn't take a big cut from heists.

Has anyone else had troubles with random pieces of roads and buildings and shit just kinda...disappear? I was cruising through on a mission and half way through things just kind started like flashing and getting really patchy. I ended up just turning it off because I didn't want to mess up my save.

Edit: Just turned this back on and it's still freaking out on me, anybody got any tips on how to fix it?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Heist 2 - which option did people go for? I made my choice last night then saved and quit for the night. About to follow through, but beginning to 2nd-guess what I chose...

Eleuin

How do I go about trying to find the first target for Maude?

I completely forgot I talked to her and she just sent me an email reminding me of the job...

sdornan

How do I go about trying to find the first target for Maude?

I completely forgot I talked to her and she just sent me an email reminding me of the job...
You might be having the same issue I'm having. I think it should be marked on the map and she should have sent you an initial email with details on the target. Neither of the above are true for me, so I think I've just encountered a really shitty bug.

Alienous

You might be having the same issue I'm having. I think it should be marked on the map and she should have sent you an initial email with details on the target. Neither of the above are true for me, so I think I've just encountered a really shitty bug.

She gives you a vague area. The quarry for the first target. You'll have to find it on the map. I think it's named if you visited it.

malfcn

Other than Shift Work, are races replayable? It looked like I got a gold medal for coming in first. Don't even see races in stats.

sdornan

She gives you a vague area. The quarry for the first target. You'll have to find it on the map. I think it's named if you visited it.
She should have sent an email with a picture of the guy, right? Never got it.

Went to the area where he's supposed to be and couldn't find him.

EDIT: Nevermind, wasn't looking in quite the right place. Found him.

Oozer3993

Without spoiling can someone give me some vague hints for the whereabouts of Larry Tupper?

I.e. Trevor's second bounty hunt.

West/Southwest of the airstrip in Blain County.

Randomly helped some woman who was about to get killed and buried by some guys, she ended up being a really good getaway chick who doesn't take a big cut from heists.

I saved a woman in the same predicament, but she turned out to be
the daughter of a mob boss
. A different predicament led me to the woman who was a great getaway driver.

Hit a wave, boat gets stuck on the tip of a rock.

Mission Failed. "Your boat got stuck."

Bravvvvo Rockstar.
Do a drug airdrop mission - hit all my drops like perfect bulls-eyes, all while staying under the radar - all before landing like a pro. Taxi back fully into the hangar, exit out of the plane:

MISSION FAILED. Abandoned the aircraft.

I did the mission again, taxi'd back into the hanger and went literally one pixel further into the hangar than my previous attempt and got the MISSION COMPLETE prompt.

Bravo Rockstar.

malfcn

Game crashed, locked up my X360. Trying to do a selfpic with the Vinewood Zombie. The Snapomatic failed so I tried again and system freeze.

My random adventure of the night...
I snuck into the police station and made my way to the roof. Stole the helicopter and proceeded to fly around trying to lose the wanted level I acquired. While doing so, I noticed the Atomic Blimp flying around. I figured, why not see if I can land on it. So I did.
0_0.jpg
As you can see, the helicopter is falling off. I realized that I did not have a parachute and the only way to get off is to commit suicide. I figured why not go out in style. So I threw a sticky bomb on it, jumped off and while falling, detonated the bomb while in mid free fall and proceeded to my inevitable death. I would say that is a hell of a way to go out.

I saved a woman in the same predicament, but she turned out to be
the daughter of a mob boss
. A different predicament led me to the woman who was a great getaway driver.

Yeah I got it mixed up, that was the mob boss daughter, the good driver woman was off on the road because her car broke down.

malfcn

Man, the phone having to be synced is awful. You get a good picture and it fails.
And my Xbox just froze again trying to take a picture with the zombie. What gives man.

TheDanger

Banned
vehicle recovery information:

Wait a minute I just read in the manual that every owned vehicle respawns at your garage/hangar/marina slip if it is destroyed. If you lose it it goes to the impound lot. I read somewhere else that when you get it back from the impound you have to save it in your garage to take ownership again. It seems to work with my tank(it was destroyed), but I think I lost my cars numerous times and they didn't go to the impound every time. Also keep in mind that there can only be two cars at the impound at the same time. It doesn't exactly say how to take ownership other than customizing or buying, but I guess once you save it in your garage you own it. Why would I buy cars then, what's the advantage?

I see loads of people wishing they could add points of interest to the map - all you need to do is press triangle while you're roaming around the map screen.

Took the Dinghy to the in-land lake or whatever it is and found a random stash of weapons/bombs and body armour by a crashed 747.

Is that the remains from the Trevor mission where you
fly a light aircraft into the back of a cargo plane
?

jwhit28

I wonder if Trevor being a female (same overly sexual personality, same drug fueled rage, same dirty trailer trash appearance) would have had a worse reaction than having no female leads at all?

So...Cargobob, who made it to the copter on their first try? I just drove in on a dirt bike, making tight turns and staying close to walls and barriers. Had some close calls, tanks blew up a helicopter next to me, shot some of their own guys, but I made it and got to the helicopter alive.

Felt like something out of an James Bond movie

On the other hand, my bro just hijacked a tank and went on a rampage

Madness

Finally had a run in with another character. Was playing as Trevor and like I just hit some random guy, turned out to be Michael. He's like why you fucking with me T, you wanna hang out etc. Going to try and see if I can't find Franklin now, get all 3 together.

Top Bottom