• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Finally had a run in with another character. Was playing as Trevor and like I just hit some random guy, turned out to be Michael. He's like why you fucking with me T, you wanna hang out etc. Going to try and see if I can't find Franklin now, get all 3 together.
Wow, what are the chances of that

I wish you could get everyone together and go on a road trip

cdkee

Banned
I feel like I'm getting to the end of the story. Now...should I do the freaks and strangers first, or just do the story, then freaks and strangers so I have something to do after...hmmm

TheDanger

Banned
I feel like I'm getting to the end of the story. Now...should I do the freaks and strangers first, or just do the story, then freaks and strangers so I have something to do after...hmmm

finish the story, I just did and it's still so fucking amazing. I just can't stop playing.

Madness

Wow, what are the chances of that

I wish you could get everyone together and go on a road trip

Fuck. I turned into Franklin, ran into Trevor and Michael. Trevor fucking started shooting me for some reason. He's like you almost creeped up on me Frank, almost. And shot me dead with the carbine while Michael was just outside the vehicle. If I could've gotten both to join, I could've gone for the achievement or something.

I genuinely enjoy riding a bicycle on (mountain) trails. It's just so... peaceful and beautiful. Exploring the world, seeing nature, finding secrets... just such an incredible experience.

I did some trail starting from the highway and rode to the dam in the rain.

I like to do that in real life too, but my area isn't as gorgeous as GTA's :p

Ah ok thanks. It must not work when you're driving. I tried taking one while a drunk couple were banging in my back seat and nothing would work.

Yeah, you can only take selfies while on foot. Would be nice if they patched in the option to it while flying, driving, etc. Then again given how the selfie camera works it'd be difficult but hilarious at the same time.

Neiteio

Just want to make sure, none of the Strangers and Freaks missions or character hangouts or whatever are missable, right? You can beat the whole game and come back to them later, correct?

Madness

Nothing beats riding an ATV or dirt bike through the Chiliad Wilderness and Raton Canyon or whatever. Makes me think a next gen red dead would be crazy with the environments and animals etc.

Just want to make sure, none of the Strangers and Freaks missions or character hangouts or whatever are missable, right? You can beat the whole game and come back to them later, correct?
Everything can be done at any time, including the main missions... after you finish them, of course :)

Even with the heists, you can repick your crew and approach and do it another way.

deim0s

Got out of a convenience store to recharge health then walked up to the stop light and jacked an SUV. A block later, a taxi cab rammed the side and out comes four gunmen trying to shoot me down.

LOL.

j-wood

No.

It would solve a lot of issues people are currently having.

LCN is mostly offline- if Social Club is acting up LCN is affected too.

Bawsaq- tied into story/side missions, and is online based.

But what does online based mean? Are you competing with other real players?

Also, what's the best way to build strength?

MYeager

So...Cargobob, who made it to the copter on their first try? I just drove in on a dirt bike, making tight turns and staying close to walls and barriers. Had some close calls, tanks blew up a helicopter next to me, shot some of their own guys, but I made it and got to the helicopter alive.

Felt like something out of an James Bond movie

On the other hand, my bro just hijacked a tank and went on a rampage

Flew in on the TP industries chopper, landed, ran to Cargobob, flew out. Didn't think about trying to charge through the front

I love how detailed even random encounters are. For example I was driving outside this bar in the desert and this drunk couple flagged me down while I was Trevor. They were drunk as fuck and asked if I could give them a ride, I did and on the way to ther destination they started having sex in the back and Trevor told them he would join in if they don't quit. Eventually I got them to their motel safe and sound.

I was playing golf with Franklin trying to get his Strength up, got a 6 under par against 3 competitors. Walking around and notice I have a 5th melee weapon, the golf club. Best melee weapon. Started wailing on Ballas until one of them came up behind me and stabbed me in the neck, instakill :(

nib95

Banned
Also just beat the main storyline. Magnifique!! What an experience. Head and shoulders above GTA IV, up there as one of the best GTA games ever, and perhaps one of the finest video games ever made full stop. I actually didn't want it to end and almost felt it was too short. When you feel that way about a game that is as long as this one is, you know it's something truly special.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
49uhAX6.jpg

Nothing like Scuba Diving off a Sub with a Silenced Pistol in the morning sun.

Stupid in game photo system.

Dresden

After racing around with a souped up Adder, other cars just feel so slow. Also paranoid as hell that it'll just disappear one day.

j-wood

I love how detailed even random encounters are. For example I was driving outside this bar in the desert and this drunk couple flagged me down while I was Trevor. They were drunk as fuck and asked if I could give them a ride, I did and on the way to ther destination they started having sex in the back and Trevor told them he would join in if they don't quit. Eventually I got them to their motel safe and sound.

Random mission spoiler
I took those people to the cult :D

malfcn

More strange stuff happening for me.

I was Franklin, and reloaded my save.
And it loads as Michael.

It was the first Trevor mission.
Didn't even complete it, and now I have Trevor missions.

Autosave and reloading does strange stuff.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm a grown ass man dog. I can't believe R* got me up playing this late. Plus side social club finally works. Down side everyone I know beat me at yoga. Limber mu fuckas.

doby

What's the point of Jesus? All he does is tells you to chill out, doesn't actually seem to want any help and while he was rambling on Michael couldn't have looked more bored :/

terrible

Banned
After racing around with a souped up Adder, other cars just feel so slow. Also paranoid as hell that it'll just disappear one day.

I've lost several already. I know where to find an Adder within 5 minutes though so it's no big deal.

Agreed on everything else feeling slow though. I can drive around the whole outside of the map in what feels like 5 minutes with that sucker. So good.

TheDanger

Banned
now trying for like the 10th time getting a jet from the military base so I can store it in my hangar, motherfuckers always shoot me down no matter how fast I do barrel rolls.

terrible

Banned
now trying for like the 10th time getting a jet from the military base so I can store it in my hangar, motherfuckers always shoot me down no matter how fast I do barrel rolls.

I'm not sure if it was a fluke but when I got my jet I flew super low
like they told me to do in one of the missions
. They didn't even fire a single missile at me when I did that. My runway was full of police so it was quite the challenge getting into my hanger though lol.

nib95

Banned
I've lost several already. I know where to find an Adder within 5 minutes though so it's no big deal.

Agreed on everything else feeling slow though. I can drive around the whole outside of the map in what feels like 5 minutes with that sucker. So good.

PM or Spoilered link as to how to get it?

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Spoiler for Trevor:
So, I put off the fourth Trevor-Chinese mission and then Trevor received a text saying the Chinese were angry and the mission market disappeared. Am I now permanently locked out of these missions until my next clean playthrough? Or is there anyway I can get the Chinese mission marker to come back?

tranciful

Do a drug airdrop mission - hit all my drops like perfect bulls-eyes, all while staying under the radar - all before landing like a pro. Taxi back fully into the hangar, exit out of the plane:

MISSION FAILED. Abandoned the aircraft.

I did the mission again, taxi'd back into the hanger and went literally one pixel further into the hangar than my previous attempt and got the MISSION COMPLETE prompt.

Bravo Rockstar.

On the moving target parachute challenge, I hit my feet on the edge of the truck and dropped to the pavement. Good enough.

Top Bottom