• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

inky

Question regarding a Trevor mission:
So I've beaten the main story and now Trevor's mom shows up asking him to steal a truck load of pharmaceutical drugs. But I have no idea where to find these trucks? Any idea?

Also, on an unrelated note, where can I get scuba diving gear? I got oceans to explore but no idea how.

You should find one parked somewhere in or around a hospital

I don't know how else you can get it, but I bought the sonar collections dock (northwest, submarine icon) and every time you enter and exit a sub you should have some scuba equipment on. There's also a special boat that gives it to you when you dive from it, but I got that one after a Michael random mission. Incidentally, this mission also happens in the same dock, and the boat should spawn there very time after that +cause you kinda need it for collecting some stuff.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
How many cars can we fit in our garage? I have 3 and looks like I can fit a 4th, but can it hold 5, 6, more?

MormaPope

Banned
Agreed 100%
Also, worst soundtrack in any GTA game.

Not at all. Feels like a lot of people want GTA soundtracks to consist of "Greatest Hits" songs from every artist involved. GTA V has amazing songs and stations. Mirror Park Radio, World FM, Flying Lotus, mainstream pop station, Radio Los Santos and West Coast Classics, and the Kenny Loggins classic rock station are extremely consistent quality wise.

GTA V and GTA IV give me songs that I recognize, while also giving me music I had no clue about. The Vice City soundtrack is good but feels tame and extremely safe. The Vice City soundtrack reminds me of those really cheesy CD collection commercials on at 2 AM.

I like GTA soundtracks to be versatile/interesting over choosing which greatest hits songs get included.

Gaz_RB

Michael specific mission spoiler

It's so funny to see how excited Michael is about working with Salomon, he looks like a kid in a candy store when he's in his office lol.

I know! I love that whole quest line, really made me love Michael.

Zeliard

R* definitely need to fix this shit. The car saving needs to be fixed. The one thing I love about GTA games are the cars. I used a car I purchased with Michael which was pimped out to the max as the getaway vehicle and since it was Franklin that drove it, I saw the car parked outside Franklin's apartment(that is after switching to Michael then back to Franklin). I then park the car in Franklin's garage so I can still have the car but the garage became glitched and won't even open for Franklin.

At one point three cars I had decked out with other characters somehow ended up in Trevor's garage. System's all kinds of screwy right now.

Oozer3993

How many cars can we fit in our garage? I have 3 and looks like I can fit a 4th, but can it hold 5, 6, more?

Your safehouse garages can only hold 2. Or at least mine only hold two. I fit three in, but the third disappeared the next time I looked. The other garages can hold 4.

Not at my PS3 at the moment but i'd like to know something. How do I reload? (guns)

On 360 it's B, so I'm guessing O on PS3.

Derrick01

Banned
Gotta love unlocking car deliveries and you're already in one of the target vehicles :)

But then you realize the delivery spot is like 6 miles away from your current spot...

Also I love this countryside talk station. It's basically republican/tea party radio. Half of the content I've heard on it so far seems to be about keeping 'murica the same as it's always been and telling people not to mix races :lol

It's also great that (celebrity spoiler)
Danny Mcbride
has a show on it.

BraXzy

Anyone have a list of minor things removed from GTA IV?

-There's no longer a burnt model, they just turn black where in IV they would actually char
-Can't pick up bottles and trash
-Bloody footsteps seem to be gone or very heavily decreased, which is weird given they're there for snow, dust, water, etc.

You can no longer go in hospitals, you could in GTA IV right? And traumatise sick people :D

This game would be so much better if most buildings were enterable. I want to go to the big skyscrapers and walk in the lobby to see busy people in suits, or enter a fast food joint and see a bunch of fat people line up. Damn you current gen limitations!

having to elude the cops so frequently is really putting a damper on my enjoyment. Not to mention they apparently have a tracking bug on you and can converge on you no matter where you are most the time.

Omni

Can you use the scuba gear outside of that one mission? If so, how? I want to do some exploring, but it's hard to do when you're forced to take a breath every 20 seconds

Gaz_RB

Can you use the scuba gear outside of that one mission? If so, how? I want to do some exploring, but it's hard to do when you're forced to take a breath every 20 seconds

So as far as I know, there are two vehicles that give you scuba gear when you exit: the yellow submarine and the dinghy.

Hale-XF11

Got gold medals in all of the flight school tutorials except for the two helicopter speed runs. Only got silver on those. Speeding around so low to the ground and weaving in between things is pretty tricky stuff.

I just bought all the military vehicles with Trevor. The tank was delivered to the hanger and the choppers to the helipad. The jeep and truck however are nowhere to be seen. Anybody know where they go?

I checked the garage and both safe houses with no luck.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Your safehouse garages can only hold 2. Or at least mine only hold two. I fit three in, but the third disappeared the next time I looked. The other garages can hold 4.

Yeah Safehouse garages are out of the question so four it is for other garages for now.

I really wish they just followed SR and most other open world games with allowing you to just warp cars into the garage and allow you to save your cars in there, they could easily have made it so if they were wrecked before hand you could take it out with getting it fixed. I'm pretty sure some other game did something like that. The current system is just so shit.

Omni

So as far as I know, there are two vehicles that give you scuba gear when you exit: the yellow submarine and the dinghy.
Ooooh okay. Where are those two?

I think I saw a yellow sub at Trevor's... but no way to get it to the ocean :lol

Chuck

Still without luck
"We are all one, but some of us are also two"

holy shit
KuGsj.gif

having to elude the cops so frequently is really putting a damper on my enjoyment. Not to mention they apparently have a tracking bug on you and can converge on you no matter where you are most the time.
I don't mind the idea of the new and improved police search, but it's annoying how often they know exactly where you are despite there being no one in the area to see you. Really stupid.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
I know this is cliche at this point, but I can't believe this game is running on this hardware. The draw distance is incredible. The vistas you can see are seriously unlike anything from this generation. One way to be amazed is fly around in first person mode. Damn son.

sdornan

Ugh, my game must have glitched a while back or something. I never got an email for the first first bail bond mission with the guy's info. I went to where he's supposed to be and didn't see him. What I do have is an email from Maude asking why I haven't caught him yet.

Gaz_RB

Ooooh okay. Where are those two?

I think I saw a yellow sub at Trevor's... but no way to get it to the ocean :lol

Property spoiler:
there's a dock property to the northwest that has a sub that spawns there after you buy it.

As for the dinghy... Not sure, but I know they're around somewhere.
I wonder if you can buy the cargobob online to bring Trevor's sub to the ocean...

Grisby

Lol why is that Rockstar's fault?

Shoulda dodged the rock!
I'm not blaming them. I just think it's funny that a wave launched me onto a tip of a rock. Like an old cartoon or something, you couldn't do anything.

And then the fail statement pops up. I wish I could have gif'd it.

Hootie

Yeah I'm REALLY not enjoying that either. Why couldn't they use a similar system to GTAIV? Don't fix what ain't broke.

Reule

Are you supposed to get weekly income from the McKenzie Airfield? Just had an e-mail statement that had it at $0. I'm guessing only other properties that run themselves give you income and the ones that you operate yourself are a pay by mission kind of deal, right?

Police don't mess around in this game. In previous GTA games, the police wouldn't enter your safehouse. But in this, the cops and the swat were all up in my crib and bust a cap in my ass. lol

Experienced the "car glitch" and can't really figure out how it works. Stole an awesome car, brought it to Los Santos Customs, put maybe $20,000 worth of work into it. I park it in Franklin's aunt's house in the ghetto. A mission or two later, I get a call from Lester who
tells me that Franklin gets a new house in the hills, so I go to that house
and now my tricked out car is gone... Nothing in the garage. It's a bummer.

Surprised this glitch got beyond the beta testing because it seems like a pretty common one and easy to spot. Still can't really figure out how car ownership works. I'm sort of tentative to buy airplanes and the like for fear that they'll just vanish.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Are you supposed to get weekly income from the McKenzie Airfield? Just had an e-mail statement that had it at $0. I'm guessing only other properties that run themselves give you income and the ones that you operate yourself are a pay by mission kind of deal, right?

Need to do missions to get money from it.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Man, the story is really picking up even more. Loving the mission variety.

You gotta laugh at this though.

Working on getting Michael and family back together. Michael whacks the Fabio looking trainer with a laptop and the family proceeds to therapy. Nothing really gets accomplished and the therapist says "this is all the time we have" while Michael and Amanda are at each others throats. So they go outside and Michael asks if they can give it a shot. She agrees and the family walks back to the car.

The kicker is looking at the family walking to the car which I just trashed from my driving on the way there. Somehow it felt so right. There was no hood, the glass was all broke and it had scratches everywhere. I collectively lol'd here.

Gaz_RB

Dat last mission. SO FUCKING CATHARTIC.

God I know... So satisfying. What I wanted the whole time.

I'm not blaming them. I just think it's funny that a wave launched me onto a tip of a rock. Like an old cartoon or something, you couldn't do anything.

And then the fail statement pops up. I wish I could have gif'd it.

Yeah it's funny when stuff like that happens. Like escaping down those rapids and nudging just barely up the coast and failing. Like... Get out and push it..

Got gold medals in all of the flight school tutorials except for the two helicopter speed runs. Only got silver on those. Speeding around so low to the ground and weaving in between things is pretty tricky stuff.

I can't get gold in the *first* helicopter flight school... I have gold in the second one, the supposedly "harder" one, but the first one... damnit, I can't get gold in that. I had what I considered a pretty much perfect run and was still 4 seconds short.

The speed run is actually easier because you can line up your landing quicker... the one before it has you making a sharp turn right before you have to ladn the thing, which takes precious time. I also hate flying helicopters so I have no interest in doing it again haha.

Other than that, the landing on the bridge one was trickily tough. I got it out of sheer luck randomly one time. Other times I'd have a perfect approach only to have a big rig be driving through the zone right when I'm trying to land.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
6am... This game...

Gaz_RB

Experienced the "car glitch" and can't really figure out how it works. Stole an awesome car, brought it to Los Santos Customs, put maybe $20,000 worth of work into it. I park it in Franklin's aunt's house in the ghetto. A mission or two later, I get a call from Lester who
tells me that Franklin gets a new house in the hills, so I go to that house
and now my tricked out car is gone... Nothing in the garage. It's a bummer.

Surprised this glitch got beyond the beta testing because it seems like a pretty common one and easy to spot. Still can't really figure out how car ownership works. I'm sort of tentative to buy airplanes and the like for fear that they'll just vanish.

I think airplanes/helicopters/boats are fine. It's just those damn cars... I miss my Coquette:(

SOmething that bugs me how R* implemented it is the camera applcation and how it's linked to social club. It really sucks that you just can't take photos and save them to your HDD... If you don't have a connection to social club then you can't take a picture, it doesn't make any sense. They should save to a local gallery and then you selectively choose which to upload to social club. It makes no sense to do it any other way.

If Social club weren't perpetually down then this wouldn't be a big deal.

Just hoping that the online isn't a total mess in a week, they'll get a lot of bad press for it and it'll be frustrating.

Lima

Not exactly. Like the first stealth kill I did...I was like, holy crap, what? The prompt pops up and you're like, damn! I didn't know you could do that. Again when it tells you you can do a quick 180 and fire behind you. Controls are just generally way more complex than your average game.

Wait I played the game for like 100 hours and got my 100% already and didn't knew you could do a 180 quick turn. Please tell me how to do it man.

Ballistik

Had a glitch where I took a taxi cab to meet Jimmy, but when it loaded, Jimmy was invisible by the side of the road even though I could hear him and I could ram my car and crash it into the spot where he's supposed to be standing.

Another glitch was when I was getting out of my car as Trevor, the character froze in place and I couldn't move him, just the camera. Switched to Michael and then back to Trevor to fix it.

Zukuu

Banned
67/69. Gonna save the last mission up for tomorrow, even tho I could finish it now. Want to drag it out as much as possible. Got everone stocked up with full ammo and put them into nice clothes. Switched from Micheal => Franklin => Trevor. Took 5 minutes tops and when I switched back, Micheal already changed into a crappy looking suit. >_>

Omni

Is there anything of value at the military base? Like vehicles and stuff? I'm on the mountain adjacent and scanning with my sniper... not seeing much though

Property spoiler:
there's a dock property to the northwest that has a sub that spawns there after you buy it.

As for the dinghy... Not sure, but I know they're around somewhere.
I wonder if you can buy the cargobob online to bring Trevor's sub to the ocean...
cheers

Avixph

Here are some easy money and free weapons upgrade cheats I found on IGN:
Free Weapon Upgrades (Exploit)
During a mission, visit an Ammu-Nation and purchase a weapon and all upgrades. Kill yourself after and the mission will fail. This will give you all your money back, however if you visit the Ammu-Nation again, the upgrades on the weapon will still be marked as purchased.

Very Easy Money (Exploit)
In the ocean near the north side of the map, you can check underwater to find a crashed airplane. When the airplane crashed, a briefcase full of money (around $12,000) also found its way to the sea bed. You can swim to find the wreckage and the briefcase. After you collect that briefcase, you can then immediately switch to another character and then switch back to the one who was located near the briefcase. When you do, the briefcase will have reappeared. The character who is underwater will collect the case again and his supply of air will return. You can repeatedly use this trick to quickly amass a small fortune.

I'm curious to know, do Trevor and Franklin get along? A character like Trevor in real life would absolutely be a downright racist. GTA always pushes the boundaries of taste and I think it would be an awesome dynamic if the two are always at each others throat. I mean gaming are tackling all these hard hitting subjects of torture and sexuality, it's only a matter of time until race issues are also explored.

Yeah despite holding off GTA I'm kinda obsessed with the game lol, seen over 5 hours of lets play videos.

Trevor's not a racist. Basically hates everyone and everything but himself. Not all people from rural areas are racist...

-- re: other posts in topic

SOmeone said "Worst sound track in any GTA game"

whaaat...

VC and SA are hard to beat because they're replicating an era that already ended, but this sound track (radio + ambient music) is leagues better than GTAIV and III. Unless you were into synth mood eletronica or hardcore, GTAIV had nothing, and a number of stations were just broken and kept playing the same intros over and over again (BADA DA BAT BADA DA BAT BADA DA BAT BAT) and were stuck on loop.

IV has an awesome mix of songs, the alt station is great, Rebel Country is as good if not better than K Rose, West Coast Classics is iconic hit fter hit, the Pop station has actual pop songs that were/are hits, Radio Los Santos had some solid hip hop songs from today.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has anyone been able to buy the golf place? 150 million seems...uh, way beyond insane.

Not exactly. Like the first stealth kill I did...I was like, holy crap, what? The prompt pops up and you're like, damn! I didn't know you could do that. Again when it tells you you can do a quick 180 and fire behind you. Controls are just generally way more complex than your average game.

You can 180? WHAT.

Top Bottom