• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
police kill all fun in this, cant taser a guy in the middle of nowhere no witnesses without a 1 star wanted lvl a random cop appearing for nowhere

Sorian

Banned
I finished the main story/campaign. What should I do now? What is the most fun and engaging of the extracurricular stuff?

I really don't get the game's emphasis on collecting clothes, cars, property, etc. The outfits don't seem like anything special, cars are pretty disposable, and property seems like a terrible waste of money unless you plan on playing the game for a seriously long time. How long does it take for you to even earn back the money you spend buying a property?

Property isn't meant to be a money maker, stocks are. Property and others you mentioned are for completionists. As far as extra curriculers go, I'd say golfing is a fun time water, triatholons and parachute jumps are good for the scenery, and roaming out in the less populated areas can kick off some interesting random content.

As for your edit, what you said is right in a nutshell about the assassinations. Other than those sure fire things, people haven't really figured out how to play the stock market yet in the game.

Papageno

Neo Member
Because R* Social Club is always down. Thank God they didn't insist on some bullshit R* additional DRM on this thing. At least I can play the fucking game (mostly).

Alienous

police kill all fun in this, cant taser a guy in the middle of nowhere no witnesses without a 1 star wanted lvl a random cop appearing for nowhere

Speaking of, at 1 star police should be trying to hit me with a stun gun when I run away, not drawing for their lethal weapons.

Tear gas is utilized by NOOSE, but I haven't had the stun gun used on me by a police officer.

I finished the main story/campaign. What should I do now? What is the most fun and engaging of the extracurricular stuff?

I really don't get the game's emphasis on collecting clothes, cars, property, etc. The outfits don't seem like anything special, cars are pretty disposable, and property seems like a terrible waste of money unless you plan on playing the game for a seriously long time. How long does it take for you to even earn back the money you spend buying a property?

I didn't try to play the stock market at all. I guess the general idea is that you're supposed to buy stock in a company who will benefit from one of your assassination missions? Or can you short-sell on an assassination target's company?

The Stock market is like this : Bring down a plane from a company. Buy the stocks from them. Bring down the plane from the rivalry. Sell the stocks.

About what to do afterwards : Do the side missions. They are quite funny.
Or
search for the Spaceship parts.
. Or search the map for easter eggs.

border

As for your edit, what you said is right in a nutshell about the assassinations. Other than those sure fire things, people haven't really figured out how to play the stock market yet in the game.

Can you short a stock? Or is it basically just "Buy X Company and sell when the price goes up"?

After finishing the story, I can safely say that Trevor is one of my top 5 gaming characters of all time.

He steals every scene, and his voice acting is so damn perfect.

I agree, he is amazing.

I have always played GTA's as a psychotic, murderous sociopath. Rockstar have just made a character to fit my play style.

MercuryLS

Banned
The best way to rampage:

- Stock up on sticky bombs and a bulletproof vest

- Grab a strong car (upgrade it if you have to with armor and reinforced tires)

- Swtich to sticky bombs when in the car (press square)

- Drive by and throw them with L1 onto cars, detonate with D-pad left

- When cops are chasing you press and hold R3 and do the above to take out the cars

It's a lot of fun.

Sorian

Banned
Can you short a stock? Or is it basically just "Buy X Company and hope the price goes up"?

I believe the intention is that you shouldn't have to "gamble" the stock market. For example, buying a ton of cluckin' bell stock and then blowing up trucks and killing workers at taco bomb's HQ (that is the name of the competition right?) is supposedly supposed to cause the bomb stock to bomb and the bell stock to rise. This doesn't seem to be having consistent results though.

The only thing I've seen to be fairly consistent is that the stocks of the insurance company (Augrey or something like that) seem to rise as you destroy police equipment.

None of this is from personal experience, btw, just what other posters have shown with their results.

kruskev

Just finished the game and saw the "good" ending. I was really disappointed at how little control you had over the heists and how much of them devolved into kill hundreds of spawning guards. My favorite missions actually were:

The assassination mission where Franklin infiltrates guarded construction site and the actual "final" mission where Trevor goes to Devin's heavily guarded mansion in the mountains to kidnap him. I used a silenced shotgun to do the job and it felt amazing sneaking into the place and picking off all the guards one by one.

also I hate the drive by controls but it's super fun to use Franklin's special to slow time and start shooting out tires or throwing sticky bombs into cars. I used this tactic to kill
Tao Cheng and goons all at once.
SO GOOD.

Alienous

still have not found a shop I can rob... :/

You can 'rob' any store with a cash register.

Walk into the store with your gun pointed. You have to be aiming as you walk in. If you aren't aiming, you will put away your weapon as soon as you walk through the door.

Then shoot the cash register. A nice chunk of change will fall out.

Finally run, because the police are coming. Sometimes the store itself will have a nice place to hide.

Sorian

Banned
Just finished the game and saw the "good" ending. I was really disappointed at how little control you had over the heists and how much of them devolved into kill hundreds of spawning guards. My favorite missions actually were:

The assassination mission where Franklin infiltrates guarded construction site and the actual "final" mission where Trevor goes to Devin's heavily guarded mansion in the mountains to kidnap him. I used a silenced shotgun to do the job and it felt amazing sneaking into the place and picking off all the guards one by one.

There is a lot to be said about turning on rampage on going to town during what you mentioned in your spoilers. Mmm so good, I did start it with a silenced sniper shot just for fun though.

Walk into the store with your gun pointed. You have to be aiming as you walk in. If you aren't aiming, you will put away your weapon as soon as you walk through the door.

Finally run, because the police are coming. Sometimes the store itself will have a nice place to hide.

While true, this isn't the right way to rob a place. If they aren't putting the money in a bag for you then you are doing it wrong.

Maaseru

Banned
So I read BAWSDAQ works with the ROckstar Club thing. The thing is I just did a LEster mission....BAWSDAQ is down...

So If I stop playing and come back later to the saved game right after that, could the market be up to play the Fruit stock or am I screwed?

Megasoum

Banned
Lester mission question

So I did the 3rd(I think it's 3rd anyway) assassination mission for Lester. The one where I kill the dude with the bus... I think Lester said I should wait before investing... Does that mean I should buy the stocks when they are low right after the mission and they will go back up?

Anybody?

I believe the intention is that you shouldn't have to "gamble" the stock market. For example, buying a ton of cluckin' bell stock and then blowing up trucks and killing workers at taco bomb's HQ (that is the name of the competition right?) is supposedly supposed to cause the bomb stock to bomb and the bell stock to rise. This doesn't seem to be having consistent results though.

The only thing I've seen to be fairly consistent is that the stocks of the insurance company (Augrey or something like that) seem to rise as you destroy police equipment.

None of this is from personal experience, btw, just what other posters have shown with their results.

BAWSAQ is the online stock market. There you get the most money but its more risky because you cant control it.

Here is a good Youtube video to explain it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2sv3ssJpk [Contains a few spoilers]

Watch the video i posted.

Majine

Banned
Well that escalated quickly.

ibnRAPM3GmyZAc.gif

After buying GTA5 today, must say that opening mission was one of the best missions I have ever played, was more like watching a movie but with a controller in my hands

redhot_

I think if you drive a bike in the store and shoot the registers with gun that has a silencer, get back on the bike and drive out, the cops wont come.

winstano

Very late game spoilers below, but a question:

Just went to trigger the final mission, and had Franklin say "The Feds already want me to kill Trevor"... When did that happen?! I totally missed that dialogue. Was it after "The Big Score? If so then my save glitched out, as this was a load straight from the save after finishing the score...

eek5

Speaking of, at 1 star police should be trying to hit me with a stun gun when I run away, not drawing for their lethal weapons.

Tear gas is utilized by NOOSE, but I haven't had the stun gun used on me by a police officer.

I bet it was like that but AI has god-tier aim and it'd probably lead to instantly busting you if you got stunned lol

Alienous

Just went to trigger the final mission, and had Franklin say "The Feds already want me to kill Trevor"... When did that happen?! I totally missed that dialogue. Was it after "The Big Score? If so then my save glitched out, as this was a load straight from the save after finishing the score...

Sometimes you can miss scenes if you go into the cutscence as a specific character.
Dave and the douchey dude do ask you to kill Trevor, when Michael asks for Trevor to be taken out of the picture. I think it's after the 'The Big Score', yes.

Happened after you saved Lamar. Haines came to you and said Micheal can be controlled but Trevor cant and Franklin should kill him.

Found it :

Sorian

Banned

I don't quite remember the mission but it is even before the one you mentioned. You dropped Lamar off and when you walked back out to the street, you got stopped by
Haines and David

winstano

Happened after you saved Lamar. Haines came to you and said Micheal can be controlled but Trevor cant and Franklin should kill him.

Found it :

Sometimes you can miss scenes if you go into the cutscence as a specific character.
Dave and the douchey dude do ask you to kill Trevor, when Michael asks for Trevor to be taken out of the picture. I think it's after the 'The Big Score', yes.

Cheers, I think I
went into the scenes as Trevor, so might have missed that. Bit of an oversight on R*'s part! I was knocked sideways a little by that revelation, unless I genuinely forgot about it inbetween play sessions

Top Bottom