• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Razorskin

----- ------
RYMVcx2.jpg

Is this achievable?

Megasoum

Banned
I'm accessing it literally right this moment and have never had any trouble getting any of my stats to load. Worst I've seen is some pages hanging for ~5 seconds until my data loads in.

You must be the luckiest person on the planet since this thread is full of people who can't access the online features... And I've been refreshing the BAWSAQ page for the last 10min trying to get it to do the time sensitve investment I need to do.

Sorian

Banned
Cheers, I think I
went into the scenes as Trevor, so might have missed that. Bit of an oversight on R*'s part! I was knocked sideways a little by that revelation, unless I genuinely forgot about it inbetween play sessions

You have to see that scene. Only Franklin can drive Lamar back home and you can't switch to anyone else at that time.

SirNinja

Requiring flight school is atrocious.

First of all, why? I found it to be rather fun.

Second, it is not required for the main storyline, despite one point where
Trevor recommends Michael take some lessons to prep for an upcoming heist
. If you want to 100% the game, you only need to get a bronze or better in every lesson, which is extremely easy.

winstano

I don't quite remember the mission but it is even before the one you mentioned. You dropped Lamar off and when you walked back out to the street, you got stopped by
Haines and David

Ah shit, yeah, I do remember that now. I was tired. Oops! Ah well ;)

You must be the luckiest person on the planet since this thread is full of people who can't access the online features... And I've been refreshing the BAWSAQ page for the last 10min trying to get it to do the time sensitve investment I need to do.

I can access the BAWSAQ page every time. I can't upload photos though, which is really pissing me off! Other than that, I think it's the best GTA game, even with the missing features.

Sorian

Banned
Ah shit, yeah, I do remember that now. I was tired. Oops! Ah well ;)

Haha no worries, I remember it well because
it hit me hard that they were wanting to get michael out of the picture and then suddenly "fuck it, we can control michael, kill trevor"

DukeBobby

Flight school is quite enjoyable, but fuck those two helicopter lessons. They are the only two that I can't get a gold medal on.

I always fuck up the landing.

First of all, why? I found it to be rather fun.

Second, it is not required for the main storyline, despite one point where
Trevor recommends Michael take some lessons to prep for an upcoming heist
. If you want to 100% the game, you only need to get a bronze or better in every lesson, which is extremely easy.

The helicopter is very difficult for me, speed and precision wise. And a couple were finicky in completion. Grindy.

I'm at that part. Passed all the tests as Michael, still flagged as a quest destination. Hm.

Beat the game, never did flight school. Don't be silly.

My bad, seemed to indicate it was required as no other markers were up.

squared

Is there any way of making decent money WITHOUT the Lester missions? I've finished the story and the Lester missions.. And using Google, everyone and everything says to use Lesters assassination missions, but I can't now.

Sorian

Banned
The helicopter is very difficult for me, speed and precision wise. And a couple were finicky in completion. Grindy.

I'm at that part. Passed all the tests as Michael, still flagged as a quest destination. Hm.

It's not a quest destination. It is just a map marker saying "this is the flight school"

Everyone probably already knows but there's a lifeinvader webpage in real life that's tied to social club that you can stalk businesses LI pages for a 10% discount. Quite a bit of reading on the companies back story too.

Gorillaz

I feel like anytime shit goes down Rihanna's "only girl in the world" plays on the radio. Like a 4 star shootout or a heist. Its like an omen lol.

Jhoan

I played through the controversial mission and honestly,
I didn't cringe at the pliers to the teeth stuff. It was slightly uncomfortable, but I've seen worse.
I didn't see what the big deal was.

Also in regards to Trevor as a character, I think he's ridiculously over-the-top in the typical GTA character way. However, as dark of a character as he is, I find him to be charming and more interesting than Franklin or Michael. His introduction was
a bit shocking. I didn't realize that he flat out murdered Johnny until Trevor said something along the lines of Johnny not coming back. A lot of his actions are unjustified since they're selfish.

And I have to say, I'm not a fan of the wonky physics in this game. I think GTA IV's physics while more realistic, was better. Still haven't gotten the driving mechanics down but I love the plane and boat controls. Also shooting from the car still blows; I wish there was a cruise control ala the Saint's Row series. They also need to patch the garage stuff'; storing a car to have it disappear the next time I boot the game up is not cool.

But as a whole, I've been loving it. Been buying a few properties and hopping in and out of characters whenever I can. The side missions have been pretty cool and the game is gorgeous to look at.

daftstar

The conversation between Michael and Trevor where Michael calls him the "proto-hipster". Oh man I haven't laughed at a game like that ever.

Lima

Is there any way of making decent money WITHOUT the Lester missions? I've finished the story and the Lester missions.. And using Google, everyone and everything says to use Lesters assassination missions, but I can't now.

Use one of the several money glitches or use a save editor. You could also save, invest all your money in some random company and sleep for a few days to see if it gives you a nice return. If not reload save and try a different company. There is nothing else you can do really. I'm in the same boat. I want buy the last cinema and the golf course but I can't.

Guys, does anyone know of a YT link or something of the phone conversation between Trevor and
Martinez, when he calls up all angry because they kidnapped his wife?
? (Mid game? spoilers; a little before the 4th heist) I got shot by a dude and missed the call :(

squared

Use one of the several money glitches or use a save editor. You could also save, invest all your money in some random company and sleep for a few days to see if it gives you a nice return. If not reload save and try a different company. There is nothing else you can do really. I'm in the same boat. I want buy the last cinema and the golf course but I can't.

Oh okay :/ thanks for the info!

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody has an exact location for the Pillbox medical center? I know I've passed in front of it multiple times but I can't find it now and I need a chopper!

Addnan

Ending spoiler.

I just watched the other two endings and damn it's sad. I couldn't do that even if I replayed the game.

SlickVic

So what do you miss out on if you kill one of the bail bond targets instead of bringing them in alive? Just lose out on some cash?
I was just surprised how quickly the first guy went down. In the random encounters where someone steals a purse of bike, I shoot them, run them over with my car, and they still get up and run away. But one hit with the crowbar seemed enough to do this guy in.

I do like these bail bond missions a lot though. I didn't have enough of the in-game map "unclouded" when hunting the first guy, so I got out the paper map from the game case and tried to find the area. It was kinda neat trying to figure it out that way.

Megasoum

Banned
According to the guide, you can use a hammer and baseball bat as melee weapons.

Where do you find these?

Hammer you can get it from Ammunation with the Special Edition DLC (all the way to the right on the wall)

I found a baseball bat with Trevor in
The cult camp after you bring enough people to have access to it. The bat was sitting on a big rock at the end opposite to the entrance of the camp.

Man, I never thought I'd feel bad for Trevor, but
that last question mark mission, dude...seeing him screaming and going into foetal position, that's harsh

Finished the game. 'twas awesome. Now to concentrate on my studies. Oh and making a text message ringtone based on the "NiggaaaaaAAaa"

Alienous

According to the guide, you can use a hammer and baseball bat as melee weapons.

Where do you find these?

The hammer is in the Special Edition (or Collectors Edition ... the cheaper of the special editions. It's in both, anyway) along with a shotgun and a Desert Eagle type weapon.

The Baseball Bat made an appearance in some of the trailers.

Also mentioned in the guide are Molotov Cocktails, which are also in the trailer, and fail to make an appearance in the game.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
I love the fact that Slink Johnson voices Lamar. His Black Jesus shorts are funny as heck and it makes the wait for the fourth season of the Boondocks so much easier.

border

Property isn't meant to be a money maker, stocks are. Property and others you mentioned are for completionists.

Wanted to come back to this. That's all there is to real estate? You buy a store, now you own a store. That's it? People buy all this stuff just because it's there to buy?

I thought I read somewhere that some properties will open up new missions.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man the shit Trevor says to the gangs when you interact with them lol. "Hey homos, Is circle jerking good as they say?"

I need to make a video with the best quotes.

The hammer is in the Special Edition (or Collectors Edition ... the cheaper of the special editions. It's in both, anyway) along with a shotgun and a Desert Eagle type weapon.

The Baseball Bat made an appearance in some of the trailers.

Also mentioned in the guide are Molotov Cocktails, which are also in the trailer, and fail to make an appearance in the game.

I did find molotovs hidden behind a house near sandy shores.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah fuck this, I'm not doing anymore Lester missions until Bawsaq is completely sorted out.

Dropped 500 grand in certain stocks after a Lester tip, then Bawsaq went down and all stocks are at 0. I'm kind of worried right now.

Bawsaq horseshit and the cars disappearing out of garages and stuff is my biggest issue at the moment. Everything else is just so freaking amazing. 40 hours in, never a dull moment.

Sorian

Banned
Wanted to come back to this. That's all there is to real estate? You buy a store, now you own a store. That's it? People buy all this stuff just because it's there to buy?

I thought I read somewhere that some properties will open up new missions.

Some do but they are very shallow experiences (though there is good dialogue in some of them). Buy the cab company? Cool you can work as a driver now. Buy the research place on the pier? Cool you can do some underwater retrieval missions. There is some stuff there but nothing huge. The nicest one in lieu of the car glitch is buying the car shop which lets you have free upgrades.

Top Bottom