• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Sorian

Banned
Yep, zero tolerance policy on cougars over here. The moment I hear that snarling sound I'm drawin' my shootin' irons and blazing. I've seen one actually survive a burst of assault rifle fire, just get right back up and keep coming.

As long as I don't have to deal with those creepy cougar-man hybrids, I'm good.

Trickster

Just read that gta online will have 500 missions when it launches, and rockstar will update it with new ones as time goes on. Love that you have to earn money to buy apartments, cars, planes. Honestly seems like they are taking it to the next level like the single player, i just hope it lives up to the hype.

I really hope there will be missions that take place in the myriad of locations that the single player missions never take you to. Feels stupid that they made so many locations that there no real reason to go to.

UrbanRats

Yep, zero tolerance policy on cougars over here. The moment I hear that snarling sound I'm drawin' my shootin' irons and blazing. I've seen one actually survive a burst of assault rifle fire, just get right back up and keep coming.

I failed a mission to run one over as Trevor.
You're avenged now, my dear horse.

So I see a blue encounter pop up. I'm driving full speed in my pimped out Buffalo. Some young guy had his bike taken. I happened to be travelling in the right direction and tboned the fuck out of the bicycle thief. The victim was right across the street and began running across the road to congratulate me. 'Yay!' I thought this is the big investment guy. No sooner did I think before he was promptly demolished by a pickup truck. I was thinking 'Great he's fuckin dead. The one good random encounter'. Then he rose from the road my head swelling with joy but I noticed the blue circle was gone and there was no cutscene and dude just hopped on his bike and rode off. I should have ran him ddon but I have faith he will txt me. Please bike guy...please txt me.

Sorian

Banned
So I see a blue encounter pop up. I'm driving full speed in my pimped out Buffalo. Some young guy had his bike taken. I happened to be travelling in the right direction and tboned the fuck out of the bicycle thief. The victim was right across the street and began running across the road to congratulate me. 'Yay!' I thought this is the big investment guy. No sooner did I think before he was promptly demolished by a pickup truck. I was thinking 'Great he's fuckin dead. The one good random encounter'. Them he rose from the road my head swelling with joy but I noticed the blue circle was gone there was no cutscene and dude just hopped on his bike and rode off. I should have ran him ddon but I have faith he will txt me. Please bike guy...please txt me.

You don't need his chump change anyway.

neoism

so are you pretty much fucked if you did the lester assassination missions early in game to ever making 150 m to be able to buy the golf course????

nib95

Banned
Try the Tesla knock-off before you judge. It's called Voltis Amperis or something like that.

Acceleration is out of this world, handling is incredibly good and it's glued to the road.

I have one fully kitted out. Just can't stand the fact that it has basically no engine sound. Makes driving near lifeless.

Kiraly

so are you pretty much fucked if you did the lester assassination missions early in game to ever making 150 m to be able to buy the golf course????

Why would you want to buy the golf course?

It will take like 2 years of playing every day to earn that 150 million back lol

Sorian

Banned

Someone posted an exploit where you can make like 40k every 20-30 seconds. It'll take awhile but it adds up. Here's to hoping that online money can be injected into my single player game.

isnt he an npc in gta online ?
giving you missions or something ?

Is he? That would be awesome.

Why would you want to buy the golf course?

It will take like 2 years of playing every day to earn that 150 million back lol

I see someone doesn't understand the importance of 100%ing a damn good game.

So I see a blue encounter pop up. I'm driving full speed in my pimped out Buffalo. Some young guy had his bike taken. I happened to be travelling in the right direction and tboned the fuck out of the bicycle thief. The victim was right across the street and began running across the road to congratulate me. 'Yay!' I thought this is the big investment guy. No sooner did I think before he was promptly demolished by a pickup truck. I was thinking 'Great he's fuckin dead. The one good random encounter'. Then he rose from the road my head swelling with joy but I noticed the blue circle was gone and there was no cutscene and dude just hopped on his bike and rode off. I should have ran him ddon but I have faith he will txt me. Please bike guy...please txt me.

Oh sucks the same thing happened to me and I didnt even realise there should be a cutscene or anything like that.

Well that sucks :(

Derrick01

Banned
I just switched to Trevor and he was on a scooter and harassing some guy who was also on a scooter on the freeway. He kept calling him scooter buddy and even busted out a brief song before I pulled out a pistol and shot him. When I passed by his corpse a car behind us ran it over and Trevor said " HEY that's my scooter buddy asshole!"

I can't believe how much random dialog they put in this game.

Sorian

Banned
Just finished it. Anything past the credits?

I got dumped after the credits in control of trevor next to his house back in sandy shores with a question mark inside. Had to save and go to bed though and at work now so don't know what it is. YMMV

sunnz

I really am missing the staple GTA features we have had for years, such as the fast food joints and vigilant missions ( police, ambulance, fire)

I am in a cop car in the desert, all I want is the police missions :(

SO glad a PC version will happen, modders will hopefully add it in :p

bidguy

Banned
I really hope there will be missions that take place in the myriad of locations that the single player missions never take you to. Feels stupid that they made so many locations that there no real reason to go to.

yeah i believe it when i see it
500 missions seems way too good to be true. if the missions are varied and as big as the ones in single player... game of the forever.

until then im not getting hyped for gta online.

Raptomex

Replaying missions (heists specifically) does not give you more money
. Bummer. Anyone know how else we're supposed to make millions? I assume the stock market. We need some kind of guide for it.

GAMERG0D

Holy shit, i'm so buying this for the Score part of it.
Not very interested in the licensed songs.

Is it only digital or there's a physical release planned, too?
Rockstar doesn't even have a news article on its newswire about this yet. I only see digital on Amazon right now. I only found this because Geoff Keighley tweeted about this. I'm guessing R* will put a story up on Tuesday or earlier, they always do for music releases.

UrbanRats

yeah i believe it when i see it
500 missions seems way too good to be true. if the missions are varied and as big as the ones in single player... game of the forever.

until then im not getting hyped for gta online.
Dude, there are
missions in the singleplayer.
You think it's even feasible that they could produce 500 more, with that level of production value, for the online?
500 missions will be somewhat auto-generated stuff, i'm sure, and it will include races, liquor stores robberies, money-van hijacking and all sorts of minor stuff.

There's almost zero chance of GTA Online not being heavily dependant on the Social Club infrastructure. Considering how integrated some functions of the single player game are as it is, I don't see a possibility that your character and accomplishments are not tied to Social Club just like the photos and the stock market are. It's likely all on the same cloud system. If they couldn't handle users taking photos and general stat tracking, actually saving character data and generating game content is going to be ROFLMAO.

Just think about it. :p

Stat tracking might be a little fucked, but that doesn't mean that the actual online will be. I've sen plenty of online games with fucked internet integration early in it's release. Killzone 2 comes to mind.

I just switched to Trevor and he was on a scooter and harassing some guy who was also on a scooter on the freeway. He kept calling him scooter buddy and even busted out a brief song before I pulled out a pistol and shot him. When I passed by his corpse a car behind us ran it over and Trevor said " HEY that's my scooter buddy asshole!"

Holy shit lol

Korosenai

Replaying missions (heists specifically) does not give you more money
. Bummer. Anyone know how else we're supposed to make millions? I assume the stock market. We need some kind of guide for it.

Yea, I have the same question. I need some money to buy some properties.

Alienous

Dude, there are
missions in the singleplayer.
You think it's even feasible that they could produce 500 more, with that level of production value, for the online?
500 missions will be somewhat auto-generated stuff, i'm sure, and it will include races, liquor stores robberies, money-van hijacking and all sorts of minor stuff.

I agree.

500 missions is PR rubbish. For instance, the Gang Wars in TLAD has 100s of potential missions, but it's just a variance in difficulty, enemy count and enemy equipment.

Probably 500 different permutations of how they can handle location, enemies, difficulty and objective for these missions.

ieatzombies

Holy shit..took me a few tries but I finally stole a jet from the military base. Was intense made it out by the skin of my teeth pulling off the ground right over a tank clipping one of the landing gear wheels!

deli2000

It's a little tribute to this popular youtube video that was around when GTA 4 came out. Pretty rad that they put it in there

StuBurns

Banned
Lol! Did anyone have Chicagos "If you leave me now" playing on the radio while driving back
Martins wife, Patricia? Having Trevor crying to that song was hilariously fitting.
:)
It seems like they specifically make it play.

I've been looking into the Epsilon thing, it seems Chasing the Truth is busted for a bunch of people, so I think I'm done with the game.

It was pretty fantastic, see you next time R*.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Wait so in the replay missions it doesn't list everything?

I want to try some heists but instead of stealth go in guns blazing but I can't see the mission for choosing them options.

Have I got to start a new game? :\

Aleph

It's a reference to this, I think.

TheDanger

Banned
Wait so in the replay missions it doesn't list everything?

I want to try some heists but instead of stealth go in guns blazing but I can't see the mission for choosing them options.

Have I got to start a new game? :

just select any heist mission and you can choose your option before the mission starts

Sorian

Banned
All my customizations and upgrades for Franklin's car randomly disappeared on me. That's like $50K down the drain, WTF.

Until social club is working on a consistent basis, I wouldn't do anything having to do with upgrading cars. I assume there is something internally in their system running through the club and the iFruit app that is messing with people's experience if they are online (or do what I do and just unplug from live/psn until things are better, I had to because my camera would not work for ingame missions because social club was freaking it out).

Switched to Trevor, and he's riding scooters with this random Los Santosian. Previous switch had him waking up drunk on train-tracks with a massive engine bearing down on him.

Top Bottom