• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Derrick01

Banned
Ughhh, fucking flight school...

It was pretty easy until I got to that 6th or 7th lesson, whichever is the one that wants me to do a half loop then a barrel roll or some shit. I tried that about 7 times before I said fuck this. I got gold medals on all the others before that lesson on my first try though.

krioto

When you are ready Kifflom will find you.

Use the in-game internet and search for 'Epsilon' - do the online personality test and then donate $500 - a new strangers and freaks icon will then become available for Michael (wait a day or so for it to show)

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
im really not getting into this game at all, i enjoyed the saints row games and thought i would give the bigger/ more popular game a go and i dunno just cant get into it at all

kiyomi

It was pretty easy until I got to that 6th or 7th lesson, whichever is the one that wants me to do a half loop then a barrel roll or some shit. I tried that about 7 times before I said fuck this. I got gold medals on all the others before that lesson on my first try though.
What was so difficult about that for you? The Heli ones are way harder, I thought.

Derrick01

Banned
Is there any difference between saves on your phone and saves in your bed?

I don't think so. Saving in your bed will do the whole forwarding time by 6 hours thing whereas quick saving won't. I think that's about it.

Monosukoi said:
What was so difficult about that for you? The Heli ones are way harder, I thought.

I dunno I just can't pull it off. I can do both of those moves separately very easily but doing both at once is proving to be a pain in the ass for me. The plane doesn't seem to want to turn when it's halfway through the loop.

Donny

Anyone know how to make quick money? If I repeat the heists would I get the money again?

I have finished all missions but didn't invest money on the market when doing Franklin's assassination missions for Lester. Now I'm broke :(

Why are you guys having so much problem with this?

Now the Stunt Plane trials on the other hand....
Yeah I did everything in 2 or less tries. Didn't have any problems there, knifing and keeping altitude was probably the hardest thing for me but it was all fun.

Heimbeck

Banned
Use the in-game internet and search for 'Epsilon' - do the online personality test and then donate $500 - a new strangers and freaks icon will then become available for Michael (wait a day or so for it to show)

Oh cool, I should do that.
After finishing the game no other game can really fill the gap :(

Lima

I don't think so. Saving in your bed will do the whole forwarding time by 6 hours thing whereas quick saving won't. I think that's about it.

Quick saving also saves the game in that state right when you hit save, just like you would expect a quick save option to work really.

Handy for the stunt jumps. Save right before the jump and reload save if you fail it so you don't have to drive all the way to the jump again.

Please tell me the stunt plane trials are not required for 100%? They are listed under hobbies on the checklist.

They are not as they are only available for Special/Collectors Edition owners.

Hey, so I think I've hit a scripting bug. I'm about halfway through the game (or at least I have about 50% completion, according to my save file name).

I'm at Liquor Ace, and it says there should be a FIB mission inside. But I walk in, and nothing happens. I've tried it for the both Michael and Trevor, but neither activate it. There are no other story missions available. Additionally, when I'm playing as Michael it won't allow me to switch to Trevor. But if I switch to Franklin, I can switch over to Trevor.

TEH-CJ

Banned
ummmm wtf!

I bought a lambo looking car from the web site and when I go to the garage to the car up it gives a totally different car. is this a known bug?

Hip Hop

Hey, so I think I've hit a scripting bug. I'm about halfway through the game (or at least I have about 50% completion, according to my save file name).

I'm at Liquor Ace, and it says there should be a FIB mission inside. But I walk in, and nothing happens. I've tried it for the both Michael and Trevor, but neither activate it. There are no other story missions available. Additionally, when I'm playing as Michael it won't allow me to switch to Trevor. But if I switch to Franklin, I can switch over to Trevor.

Go upstairs.

Certinty

Have you gone upstairs?

Alienous

Go upstairs?

Just robbed a store with this getup
0_0.jpg

then drove a suped up car to the airport and took off, right as the sun was rising. It was as awesome as I expected it to be, however I only got $18? I would have expected Ponsyboy's to have a little bit more than $18.... especially since I had shopped there a minute before for the suit.

Sorian

Banned
0_0.jpg

then drove a suped up car to the airport and took off, right as the sun was rising. It was as awesome as I expected it to be, however I only got $18? I would have expected Ponsyboy's to have a little bit more than $18.... especially since I had shopped there a minute before for the suit.

They took you, it seems.

Zukuu

Banned
Credits rollin. What a blast. Mission design wise I have a few flaws, and the characters act a bit too irrational for my liking - but that doesn't take away what a great story and interesting characters this game has. Top 2 if not the best GTA so far. Now onto seeing
the other 2 endings. Went with C of course.

0_0.jpg

how did u rob ponsyboys? they're one of the few places that don't ever seem to have a register?

Heimbeck

Banned
Credits rollin. What a blast. Mission design wise I have a few flaws, and the characters act a bit too irrational for my liking - but that doesn't take away what a great story and interesting characters this game has. Top 2 if not the best GTA so far. Now onto seeing
the other 2 endings. Went with C of course.

Honestly I couldn't really see Franklin killing Michael and when I picked option C i thought that would be how Franklin died, but I was happy with the outcome :)

kiyomi

I dunno I just can't pull it off. I can do both of those moves separately very easily but doing both at once is proving to be a pain in the ass for me. The plane doesn't seem to want to turn when it's halfway through the loop.

As far as I can remember, though, you can separate them out by just doing a half-loop, and then roll. I'm pretty sure that's how I passed it. Unless we're talking a different one (but I can't recall which, if that's the case).

such a trip seeing the 3 main voice actors in real life.

gtavactors-590x330.jpg

also i just found this out and it blew my mind.

Jimmy-Playing_Video_Games-GTAV.png

jimmy is voiced by danny tamborelli, you know, pete from pete and pete.

Danny-Tamberelli-1.jpg

Zukuu

Banned
Honestly I couldn't really see Franklin killing Michael and when I picked option C i thought that would be how Franklin died, but I was happy with the outcome :)
Yeah, I acted in character.
Tbh, personally Trevor would have deserved to die. He's a liability to the world, but I can't see Franklin kill one of his "homies".

lmao Trevor's Ma

Like they couldn't have thrown a new plane/heli your way or something? I hate that you get jackshit for so many missions. Why would Trevor help out these weirdo old Brits for not a single buck.

Main story finished and overall I'm close to 92%. I hate
that salvage underwater side mission, collect 30 pieces. I hate it. So boring. At least I killed the bitch. She deserved it for murdering her husband.

vehn

I agree with above poster though, just play it.

End game spoilers if you want to know:

the ending is a choice, nobody has to die

End game spoiler:
but what if you do let someone die? I watched the other endings on youtube and saw the dudes die, not sure how it handles free roam afterwards with all three characters.

So I decided to take a closer look at how the stock market works. I reloaded an older save and compared the prices to the current point in my game (about 40% through now, old save was at 10%- right after
LifeInvader
assassination). Except for the next assassination mission, no stocks went up any significant amount, MaxRanda was the best at +$6/share, and most stocks went down. So I think the stock market is pretty much BS tbh. Here are my stock prices from 40% if anyone cares-

http://i.imgur.com/ohdU32H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wSAxSHw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/faRNT1U.jpg

Heimbeck

Banned
Yeah, I acted in character.
Tbh, personally Trevor would have deserved to die. He's a liability to the world, but I can't see Franklin kill one of his "homies".

lmao Trevor's Ma

After all the stuff they had been through it seemed wrong to kill any of them, it's great when Franklin says he picked option c to that guy.

Top Bottom