• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

inky

Are any of the hauls ever good? Like over a grand? Having a real problem making any sort of real money.

You'll get there, but for early fast money I had much better luck hitting armored trucks. They usually have between 4.5k - 9k for me. It's really easy and fast to do with sticky bombs as well, you don't even need to kill the guards.

Robot Pants

So uhhh whenever I use Internet on my phone it just disappears and then so does my HUD. Then I can't access activities, contacts, nothing. Right now Franklin is stuck in an email tab and I can't close it. I've reloaded and tried different characters they all are fucked. What's up?

Sorian

Banned
You'll get there, but for early fast money I had much better luck hitting armored trucks. They usually have between 4.5k - 9k for me. It's really easy and fast to do with sticky bombs as well, you don't even need to kill the guards.

I always liked doing those the hard way, hijack it and flee down the freeway with the truck. Ah, good times.

So I decided to take a closer look at how the stock market works. I reloaded an older save and compared the prices to the current point in my game (about 40% through now, old save was at 10%- right after
LifeInvader
assassination). Except for the next assassination mission, no stocks went up any significant amount, MaxRanda was the best at +$6/share, and most stocks went down. So I think the stock market is pretty much BS tbh. Here are my stock prices from 40% if anyone cares-

http://i.imgur.com/ohdU32H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wSAxSHw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/faRNT1U.jpg
I pretty much gave up on that aspect of the game, it sounded fun to play, but they rise and plummet pretty ludicrously. I'll stick to businesses.

Yeah ammunation doesn't work, all of the clothing stores should work though I think. And assorted liquor places and gas stations.

you can rob ammunation...sort of. take out a gun and open the door. shoot the clerk from slightly outside. with him dead, go inside and shoot the registers for the cash.

most store robberies only net 4 or 500 FYI. but damn is it fun.

Zukuu

Banned
Post game quest question:
Can someone tell me how the trucks look like that I need to steal for Trevor's mother and where to find one?

TheDanger

Banned
As a huge Mötley Crüe fan the stranger and freaks mission
with Love Fist in the Tequila a la la (whiskey a go go) was so fucking amazing, I spent like 30 minutes exploring the club.

GrayGrey

Neo Member
So I decided to take a closer look at how the stock market works. I reloaded an older save and compared the prices to the current point in my game (about 40% through now, old save was at 10%- right after
LifeInvader
assassination). Except for the next assassination mission, no stocks went up any significant amount, MaxRanda was the best at +$6/share, and most stocks went down. So I think the stock market is pretty much BS tbh. Here are my stock prices from 40% if anyone cares-

http://i.imgur.com/ohdU32H.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wSAxSHw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/faRNT1U.jpg

Yes I figured as much. Thanks for supplying some evidence. Hopefully it gets patched along with the disappearing vehicles glitch.

Arcteryx

Regarding the Epsilon cult
Where the fuck is my outfit at? It said 24 hrs after I ordered it and it's been like a week or more in-game

ShogunX

Just switched to Trevor and:
He's in bed with Wade's cousin who has pink pyjamas on....guy starts screaming ''IT WAS ALL A BAD DREAM''!!

putarorex

Game arrived in the mail on Friday (I live overseas) and I played over the weekend. I think it had a pretty weak start after the opening mission, but it really picks up later with fun gameplay and a great story. I'm amazed at the detail of the world, especially some of the indoor locations in the missions.

My only complaint so far is the shooting from vehicles; it is just plain bad. Plus the fact that you need to get the iphone app and Social Club acount to train Chop bugs me. This is definitely going in the top five for this generation for me. I am really curious to see how good the online version is.

Tampinha

Has anybody found a fixed spawn location for the infernus? I've been looking around Michael's neighborhood for the kifflow mission, haven't seen a single one.

TraBuch

Banned
Sometimes I really fucking hate GTA. Usually when I'm forced to fly. Took me way too long to
finally successfully follow those two trucks going to the depository
and I've been trying to
land the plane coming back from North Yankton
for about 30 minutes now and failing miserably.

Very disappointed at last few story missions and ending (so easy). First third of game was superior in almost every aspect.

22 hours... ah well finally time to free roam and turn the HUD and auto aim back on.

Sorian

Banned
Has anybody found a fixed spawn location for the infernus? I've been looking around Michael's neighborhood for the kifflow mission, haven't seen a single one.

Didn't I have sex with a stripper named Infernus?

Sometimes I really fucking hate GTA. Usually when I'm forced to fly. Took me way too long to
and I've been trying to

You are dropping the landing gear right? L3

Gaz_RB

They showed a really huge garage in the GTA Online trailer, I'm definitely looking forward to that. I assume it won't have the same car deletion problems as the single player does. I think I'll wait til then to start collecting my favorite cars.

and I've been trying to

If you're anything like the other guy who had trouble landing, you need to put the gear down (L3).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
End game spoilers

went with option C, because fuck Devin and Steve Fucking Haines That whole mission was fun.

But I did save right before I had to choose, and went back and did the other 2 options.

Trevor goes out like you'd expect, and while his screams about Judas's was sad, it's coming from a maniac. Frank and mike split Trevor's loot, so hey, more money!

Killing Michael though, that sucked. He gets a call that Tracey got accepted to college, and seems good, only to find out Frank's come to kill him. Now, you might be able to shoot him during the foot chase, but I let it played out to the end. Ends at the top of a smokestack and frank throws him over the edge, but they end up holding on to each other's hand, given given a choice to kill or save Michael one more time. I chose to save him, and while bringing him back up, Michael headbutts Frank and falls to his death. Ends with a close up of Michael's bloody remains, and Frank leaves Lamar a message asking if he wants to hang out, realizing that he is all alone in the end.

Not sure why anyone would choose that ending...

SJRB

Gold Member
So disappointing. I want a Jay Leno garage with every single car in there :(

Like they show in the fucking multiplayer trailer.

They should've put an empty airplane hanger up for sale for you to turn into a huge garage or something. 4 lousy spots in some rundown shithole garage feels rather weird.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Holy shit, just discovered you can actually meet the other playable characters while out and about!

I failed a parachute jump in downtown and Franklin was stranded on a building. So I switched to Trevor, got his helicopter, went downtown and Franklin was still there! Couldn't save him as there was no room for the helicopter. The game asked me if I wanted to hang with the other, I said yes. Exited the heli and Trevor died from the fall. After leaving hospital Franklin sent me message hoping I was alright.

I wonder if there's a rare chance of actually car jacking one of the other characters. This. Fucking. Game.

cdkee

Banned
and I've been trying to

I don't understand this. You just lower speed and point down lol. You sure you have landing gear down?

TraBuch

Banned
Didn't I have sex with a stripper named Infernus?

You are dropping the landing gear right? L3

If you're anything like the other guy who had trouble landing, you need to put the gear down (L3).

Yep, I'm putting down the landing gear, I just suck. Sometimes I crash into a pole, sometimes I just land way too hard, sometimes I just miss the runway entirely and I have to turn around which I really suck at doing. I've angrily shut off my PS3 and will try again tomorrow.

calder

This was a great game, but I was just randomly at the shore of the Alamo Sea and saw a boat and decided to go to Paleto Bay with the boat.

The trip down the river to the ocean was unbelievably cool. Gen defining game.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yeah, I acted in character.
Tbh, personally Trevor would have deserved to die. He's a liability to the world, but I can't see Franklin kill one of his "homies".

lmao Trevor's Ma

Please tell me you taken him to see the therapist that Michel sees

Raptomex

The 100% Shirt

As far as I know there's no other rewards. I read something about a UFO at the top of Mt. Chiliad at 3 am when it's raining. I haven't had a chance to see if that's accurate. I wish there were more rewards for 100% completion. There aren't as far as I can tell.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Holy shit, just discovered you can actually meet the other playable characters while out and about!

I failed a parachute jump in downtown and Franklin was stranded on a building. So I switched to Trevor, got his helicopter, went downtown and Franklin was still there! Couldn't save him as there was no room for the helicopter. The game asked me if I wanted to hang with the other, I said yes. Exited the heli and Trevor died from the fall. After leaving hospital Franklin sent me message hoping I was alright.

I wonder if there's a rare chance of actually car jacking one of the other characters. This. Fucking. Game.

I drove past Franklin as Michael, on the way to a meeting that all 3 of us were going to. Pulled over and so did he, they talked for a second about seeing each other at the meeting.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I drove past Franklin as Michael, on the way to a meeting that all 3 of us were going to. Pulled over and so did he, they talked for a second about seeing each other at the meeting.
Well now I'm absolutely sure after having some doubts last week. Game of the gen.

Lima

My favorite line on the radio "or buy some second rate headphones that are expensive because they are advertised by a rapper"

Dat Beats Audio hate from Rockstar. Good!

Afrodium

Banned
Any advice on finding the Lenora Johnson letter scraps and
spaceship parts
? I know the latter will hum when you're nearby, do the letters make a sound as well? Are there certain types of places that they're more likely to be found in? I want to do everything in this game, but scouring every inch of a gigantic map to find 100 hidden items doesn't sound very fun.

Lima

Any advice on finding the Lenora Johnson letter scraps and
spaceship parts
? I know the latter will hum when you're nearby, do the letters make a sound as well? Are there certain types of places that they're more likely to be found in? I want to do everything in this game, but scouring every inch of a gigantic map to find 100 hidden items doesn't sound very fun.

Go to social club website and take a look at the map.

Chuck

Still without luck
re: rampages

LOL, are they all about Trevor being Canadian?
KuGsj.gif

Quick question does anyone know the downsides to installing the play disk as well to my HDD?

Ive installed every game ive bought so I dont have to deal with a crappy laser when DKSouls2 comes out haha.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Still playing this like 10 hours a day and I'm not finished yet. So fucking good.

Top Bottom