• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Fjordson

Man, I love the new wanted system. Just got away from a 3 star wanted level after I crashed my car by running into an alley and hiding out in someone's back yard. Could see cops running down the alley after me, but they were like 10 seconds too late, had already broken their line of sight. Awesome.

...Unforgivable R*...any workarounds for it??

like can i install to a usb and still have the other install on the HDD
That's what I'm doing. Best installation method I think. Avoids performance issues while also avoiding the disc spinning or any console noise.

Lima

...Unforgivable R*...any workarounds for it??

Yes install to USB.

And how is this unforgivable? You can actually thank them for using this dual stream technology where it streams data both off the disc and the HDD. The game would look and run much worse if they had not done that.

Sorian

Banned
re: rampages

LOL, are they all about Trevor being Canadian?
KuGsj.gif

IT'S JUST A SLIGHT ACCENT!

So what happens to Simeon the car dealer?

He threatens, but never shows up again. I'm sure he is a powerful person

You spelled bitch wrong.

Yes install to USB.

And how is this unforgivable? You can actually thank them for using this dual stream technology where it streams data both off the disc and the HDD. The game would look and run much worse if they had not done that.

Thanks! And unforgivable in the sense that if DKS2 comes out and my laser wont read discs anymore because i played way too much of this awesome game lol other than that just sarcasm.

I guess i gotta go out and buy a 16gb usb then. #GamerProbz

RaikuHebi

Banned
Regarding the ending:
I chose C, but does choosing A or B affect the ability to get 100%?

So what happens to Simeon the car dealer?

He threatens, but never shows up again. I'm sure he is a powerful person
I was disappointed his part in the game was so brief, the way they talked about him in the marketing made it seem like he'd be involved for a bit longer than he was. Was funny as well. Maybe future DLC.

Is the fourth character slot in the roundel for switching to GTA Online or will you be able to use your created character offline sans missions/strangers?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Is the fourth character slot in the roundel for switching to GTA Online or will you be able to use your created character offline sans missions/strangers?
Wow I didn't think of that. That would be awesome. But from what I've heard it's just going to be used for switching to the online part of the game.

Switched to Michael, who was in the city with his asshole kid. Seizing the oportunity, I punched the little shit a few times, which alerted nearby security guards, who tried to hit me with nightsticks. I dodged them, and they ended up hitting Jimmy as he was getting up, knocking him out cold. Then I failed to dodge again, and they knocked me down, and proceeded to kick the shit out of me until my health ran out.

TheSoviet

Neo Member
Really wish you could get cars and actually scrap them at the scrapyard. That and collect cars from a list too like in Vice city and san andreas.

Dreaver

My favorite line on the radio "or buy some second rate headphones that are expensive because they are advertised by a rapper"

Dat Beats Audio hate from Rockstar. Good!

Yeah the real life references are really great. They're really good Other ones I liked:
- Radio commercial for Righteous Slaughter 7: 'Hope you like the new live-action commercial for Righteous Slaughter 7! Features no game footage whatsoever!
- (Radio I believe): Fruitpad 6 annouched! Available in 2 months. Lines already forming at Fruit stores! Get in line now!
- iFruit 9X poster: 3% thinner, 3% faster, 30 hour queue.

Bleeter is really great as well, it's exactly how Twitter is. :D

Sorian

Banned
Really wish you could get cars and actually scrap them at the scrapyard. That and collect cars from a list too like in Vice city and san andreas.

Worst missions ever, I was annoyed when the game told me I had to go collect 3 of the same car. 3....I was annoyed at only 3.

How the hell do you send pictures to contacts?
I tried everything but I just can't figure it out.

Take picture then hit x/square

inky

Owning a car dealership in Vice City was the most fun I ever had in a GTA game. Ever.

I'm being hyperbolic obv., but it was pretty damn fun, that's for sure

Just got it this evening. Having an awesome time so far. Gunplay seems a lot better than IV, and the voice work is pretty funny at times.

Some pretty noticeable slowdown in places but overall I'd rather play it now than wait.

terrible

Banned
I posted this in another thread this morning but it might entertain others so I'll post it again. I love the random little things that happen by accident in this game. You never know when something absolutely hilarious is going to happen.

Oops, did I do that? I had to burn the evidence.

What would you say is the fastest car in the game?

My fastest speed was reached with an Adder but I haven't driven all the high end supercars yet.

Wow I didn't think of that. That would be awesome. But from what I've heard it's just going to be used for switching to the online part of the game.

I just wish the multiplayer encompassed the entire gameworld and not just the city.

Hopefully the PC/PS4 version will include more players and the full map.

Disappointed at the lack of rewards from the side activities. I loved how San Andreas would give you multiple respawning vehicles for completing the flying, driving and bike schools. Here? You get fuck all apart from an increase in flying ability. Same with stuff like yoga and the races.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I just wish the multiplayer encompassed the entire gameworld and not just the city.

Hopefully the PC/PS4 version will include more players and the full map.
Oh damn is it just the countryside?

One thing I hoped for when they first revealed character switching was the ability to play the story missions co-op. Hope something like that exists.

GQman2121

Banned
What would you say is the fastest car in the game?

I haven't driven them all yet, but the Adder (Bugatti) is damn quick and handles very well at high speeds.

The Comet and Banshee are slightly slower, but still plenty fast and readily available.

Lima

Regarding the ending:
I chose C, but does choosing A or B affect the ability to get 100%?

No you can still get 100%. They made it very clever that you only need to complete all the stuff Franklin has access to so you don't get locked out of 100% if you decide to kill one of the other characters.

cdkee

Banned
Good man,
Now go replay it and kill Michael, feel like the biggest asshole ever

I just finished it with C as well. There's no way I
could bring myself to choose option A or B. I saved right before so I might just do to see what happens.

RaikuHebi

Banned
No you can still get 100%. They made it very clever that you only need to complete all the stuff Franklin has access to so you don't get locked out of 100% if you decide to kill one of the other characters.
Thanks. I'll be completing absolutely everything even if it doesn't require 100% Love this game that damn much!

Kalamari

Okay, because some of us have come to the conclusion that stocks are a farce (except for certain story missions), what's the best way to make money?

neoism

yeah I loooved that in gta 3 where it had a list of almost every car it did fuck me in the end though I had 99% in gta 3 because the only car I needed was the armored car that would never ever spawn... :( it was the only thing I had left.. :(

Top Bottom