• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Megasoum

Banned
So is there more than one Pillbox Medical Center? Cause I've been running around the one I found for the last 10min and I don't see any ladders anywhere.

Sorian

Banned
How do I
steal the Cargobob
for the second heist?
There's so many soldiers.

Fly in and land next to it or ram through the front with a bigger car that cna take some bullets and drive over to it hop out and hop in

So is there more than one Pillbox Medical Center? Cause I've been running around the one I found for the last 10min and I don't see any ladders anywhere.

I feel bad ignoring you but I have no idea what you are talking about. It is much easier to jack helicopters once you do a specific stranger mission.

hayguyz

Banned
for those that won the game, yes or no is there a point of no return, where you lose access to anything from getting some collectibles, doing side missions, or access to a character??

Sorian

Banned
for those that won the game, yes or no is there a point of no return, where you lose access to anything from getting some collectibles, doing side missions, or access to a character??

...........................If you are smart, no............................

Megasoum

Banned
Fly in and land next to it or ram through the front with a bigger car that cna take some bullets and drive over to it hop out and hop in

I feel bad ignoring you but I have no idea what you are talking about. It is much easier to jack helicopters once you do a specific stranger mission.

Yeah fuck it, I'll come back to that mission later... I'll do something else for now.

jjw3k

Banned
k25PRpK.jpg

Sorian

Banned
Yeah fuck it, I'll come back to that mission later... I'll do something else for now.

To be more specific on what I mentioned (not really a spoiler unless you think types of activities are spoilers)
franklin gets a stranger mission where he parachutes with a guy. After that parachuting unlocks on the world map and a helicopter flies you up to the jump spot. If you hold Y/triangle when next to those, you steal them instead of starting the parachute mission.

Quick question:

My brother just bought GTA V and the guy at Gamestop was telling him something to the effect of if you have an old Xbox you need to buy something else to be able to play GTA V.

My guess is he means you have to have enough space on the hard drive because you have to install it? And I guess old 20 gig 360s would be a problem?

Now my brother has I believe one of the newer 360s (slim I think?). Its definitely black, so its not one of the original versions of the system. Would he be fine or does he have to deal with some nonsense to play the game?

Sorian

Banned
Quick question:

My brother just bought GTA V and the guy at Gamestop was telling him something to the effect of if you have an old Xbox you need to buy something else to be able to play GTA V.

My guess is he means you have to have enough space on the hard drive because you have to install it? And I guess old 20 gig 360s would be a problem?

Now my brother has I believe one of the newer 360s (slim I think?). Its definitely black, so its not one of the original versions of the system. Would he be fine or does he have to deal with some nonsense to play the game?

That guy from GS is an idiot. There is nothing special you need and the mandatory install is only 7-8 gigs.

Megasoum

Banned
To be more specific on what I mentioned (not really a spoiler unless you think types of activities are spoilers)
franklin gets a stranger mission where he parachutes with a guy. After that parachuting unlocks on the world map and a helicopter flies you up to the jump spot. If you hold Y/triangle when next to those, you steal them instead of starting the parachute mission.

Wait...That's exactly the mission I'm trying to do...
I need to get to the top of the Maze Bank building so that's why I'm trying to find a chopper... You're telling me there's a way to get a ride without providing my own chopper? lol

Sorian

Banned
Wait...That's exactly the mission I'm trying to do...
I need to get to the top of the Maze Bank building so that's why I'm trying to find a chopper... You're telling me there's a way to get a ride without providing my own chopper? lol

Yeah, if you are doing that one then you have
parachute icons on the map, right? Go to one and just steal that chopper, hold Y/triangle to steal

Fjordson

Quick question:

You need at least 8 gigs to install the "install" disc. As long as he has that he's fine. Just don't install the "play" disc.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah, if you are doing that one then you have
parachute icons on the map, right? Go to one and just steal that chopper, hold Y/triangle to steal

Yeah ok but when I get to that mission icon on the map it tells me
"Get to the top of the tower to start the mission"

Also, Trevor drunk texting is amazing haha.

Sorian

Banned
Yeah ok but when I get to that mission icon on the map it tells me
"Get to the top of the tower to start the mission"

Also, Trevor drunk texting is amazing haha.

Not the stranger mission icon, look around the map and you should see multiple of the icon I was talking about in my spoilers. Go there steal what you need and head to the top of the tower with it.

Mikey Jr.

The best way to rampage:

- Stock up on sticky bombs and a bulletproof vest

- Grab a strong car (upgrade it if you have to with armor and reinforced tires)

- Swtich to sticky bombs when in the car (press square)

- Drive by and throw them with L1 onto cars, detonate with D-pad left

- When cops are chasing you press and hold R3 and do the above to take out the cars

It's a lot of fun.

Game is really inconsistent about throwing sticky bombs for me when in a car. Like, pressing L1 80% of the time does nothing. I have to repeatedly mash L1. When I do finally throw them, dpad left does nothing. I have to mash left again.

Sorian

Banned
Game is really inconsistent about throwing sticky bombs for me when in a car. Like, pressing L1 80% of the time does nothing. I have to repeatedly mash L1. When I do finally throw them, dpad left does nothing. I have to mash left again.

They don't throw it until you let go of L1, holding it is for aiming.

Ahhh right right, I'll try that, thanks!

Landing up there is a bitch by the way, good luck with that :p

sappyday

So question on the final heist:
What's the best option in which I'll get the most money? Also should I go for the best crew members or just risk it with the shitty ones? I just want to know which options will garner me the most money.

Sorian

Banned
So question on the final heist:
What's the best option in which I'll get the most money. Also should I go for the best crew members or just risk it with the shitty ones. I just want to know which options will garner me the most money.

Both approaches yield about the same amount of money if I remember right. As for crew, if you leveled up some crew members that take a small cut, then great, you're set. If you didn't then thats a gamble on your part, shitty crew members can fuck up and lose you some of your take

Just did a mission prior to the third heist where you have to steal
a truck with an entourage of soldiers surrounding it.
My first attempt resulting in my getting gunned down instantly. The second attempt I made a road block on a bridge and sat on a hill with a rocket launcher. Mission complete without a single shot fired at me. I love it when a plan comes together, although it's often just as funny when it backfires.

BraXzy

It was so infuriating because I seemed to be landing fine, but then when slowing down/braking I kept hitting bumps or whatever and the plane would slowly break apart and explode. It SHOULD be bumpy out there since its just a dirt runway but still dude damn its a videogame, I landed just fine just slow down the plane and stop.

lol

no :(

I did this like 20 times and it was driving me up the wall! Then it suddenly came up with the prompt to bring the landing gear out and I facepalmed for like 10 minutes hehe.

Btw has anyone had a look at the map that comes with the special editions? It shows where all the liquor and convenience stores that you can rob are. It also has an area at the bottom of the map circled saying "Simeon's cars, fast cash" or something but IDK what to do there.

Oh and has anyone had a random explosion happen in their game? I was just chilling in my car and heard a massive bang, looked across the road and a bunch of cars had exploded for no apparent reason, I jumped out of my skin.

The best way to rampage:

- Stock up on sticky bombs and a bulletproof vest

- Grab a strong car (upgrade it if you have to with armor and reinforced tires)

- Swtich to sticky bombs when in the car (press square)

- Drive by and throw them with L1 onto cars, detonate with D-pad left

- When cops are chasing you press and hold R3 and do the above to take out the cars

It's a lot of fun.

If you get to the part after the situation between Martin and Micheal&Trevor
where they're hiding out in Blaine County with his wife
:

• Take Micheal or Trevor to the impound lot
  • Call some cops
  • Let
    Martin's guys who come after you fight the police
    until their cars block the lot
  • Blow up the cars until you have a five star wanted level
  • Either try to hold off law enforcement there or hightail it somewhere else. You might be able to stay inside the impound garage, idk

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
The third FIB mission is funny and gruesome at the same time. Really clever use of the character switching. Do some of the multi-part side missions only appear during particular parts of the day?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
If I buy a plane for my hangar or a helicopter for my helipad will it respawn there even if I destroy it after flying it? I don't want to waste my money on something that's going to be a one time use.

GQman2121

Banned
Franklin always seems to have a mission open for me but its not marked on the map, or if it is I can't see it. Any ideas?

Have you completed the missions available for....
Barry? The weed transport missions.
They're the green circles on the map.

I had them disappear at night, but they returned not long after sunrise.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Shit I checked my stocks after doing some mission replays and AuguryInsurance had been raised 53%! I pulled out of the 19 million I had in it hours before dammit! :(

Top Bottom