• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

cdkee

Banned
I'm watching the credits still (paused for a bit), and I have to say, I haven't felt this way during the credits of a game since Ocarina of Time. This is an incredible game. Might be my favorite...ever.

vehn

No you can still get 100%. They made it very clever that you only need to complete all the stuff Franklin has access to so you don't get locked out of 100% if you decide to kill one of the other characters.

can you still get all achieves if you don't choose option c though? I think the sonar collections dock is purchasable by only michael, and you need that to collect waste

inky

can you still get all achieves if you don't choose option c though? I think the sonar collections dock is purchasable by only michael, and you need that to collect waste

I bought it with Trevor, so I don't think that is true

ieatzombies

I'm watching the credits still (paused for a bit), and I have to say, I haven't felt this way during the credits of a game since Ocarina of Time. This is an incredible game. Might be my favorite...ever.

Yes.

Enjoy them. They go on for a long, long time too.
Same! It really is one of those experiences you remember. Online can't come soon enough.

That score and soundtrack is delicious as well as the credit tracks.

I'm getting close to the end. I have a couple of questions for those that have completed the game...

I understand there are a few choices as to the outcome. I'm assuming it involves characters dying. Is it choosing who dies? What are the free roam implication afterwards? I want to make a strategic decision, so I get the best outcome as far as money and end game playability goes. Is it possible to save right before the decision so I can change my mind if I decide to do so? I'm not sure if it's possible to answer these with out spoiling too much, but please do your best!

Where the heck is the Epsilon Center?

Is there a physical location? I haven't seen one yet, and I've been doing the missions. If you're looking to start the mission strand, just go to the internet on the cell phone and punch "epsilon" into the search engine. The web site will be the first result. Then you take the personality quiz to start doing the missions.

Septimius

Is there anywhere Franklin can get a suit and not look like some Steve Harvey Magic Mall looking Minstrel ass?

This is what I did:

I went to that suit store near Michael's house, and I bought those incredibly stupid three-piece suits that have a different color vest. Then I went home, and took off the vest. Now you can mix and match jackets, pants, vests and ties.

Zukuu

Banned
I haven't driven them all yet, but the Adder (Bugatti) is damn quick and handles very well at high speeds.

The Comet and Banshee are slightly slower, but still plenty fast and readily available.
After some mental stat comparison, I think the cars are actually the same once tuned. Top Speed may be very slightly higher for the exclusive cars, but even a mere Benefactor can easily keep up.

Edit: I once drove a car that was powered by a turbine or something - at least it sounded like it. It may be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5UmVM60nXM

inky

OMG, I found some illegal NPC racing going on with modded cars, babes and neon lights, then the cops showed up and everyone scrammed.

Dis game.

Animal

Banned
Every time I go back to Trevor I'm inserted into a situation which leads to my death no matter how unlikely. Kinda funny.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I'm getting close to the end. I have a couple of questions for those that have completed the game...

I understand there are a few choices as to the outcome. I'm assuming it involves characters dying. Is it choosing who dies? What are the free roam implication afterwards? I want to make a strategic decision, so I get the best outcome as far as money and end game playability goes. Is it possible to save right before the decision so I can change my mind if I decide to do so? I'm not sure if it's possible to answer these with out spoiling too much, but please do your best!

Just pick option C

FStop7

Banned
Haha that's weird and had me googling Trevor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn5diT7Gkas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMxDevGplwo

ROAYJvc.jpg

He is fucking awesome.

With no hair he looks kind of like Walton Goggins:

headshot5_B.jpg

InertiaXr

I finished with option C earlier today and just started a new game and am going to go for 100%. Does anybody have a list of easy to miss side stuff that counts? Like some cult thing I never noticed in my first playthrough but saw here in the thread, spaceship parts I didn't see either, bail bonds etc? Looking at the stats page in-game it only says 'miscellaneous' which isn't too much help...

Caode

Just finished it, incredible game, Rockstar have outdone the rest of the industry once again. I still think RDR is their true masterpiece but this was incredible in it's own right. All around a better game than GTA IV but I thought the story wasn't as enjoyable as in IV. Just my thoughts.

Gaz_RB

I finished with option C earlier today and just started a new game and am going to go for 100%. Does anybody have a list of easy to miss side stuff that counts? Like some cult thing I never noticed in my first playthrough but saw here in the thread, spaceship parts I didn't see either, bail bonds etc? Looking at the stats page in-game it only says 'miscellaneous' which isn't too much help...

The Rockstar Social Club website has your hookup, man.

Everything you asked for is there.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

Bail bons is one of those strangers missions also.

The cult thing is also a stranger mission

Take Trevor to see the therapist if possible. I

Gaz_RB

I really hope they come through I'm being optimistic here. I think we'll be surprised once again! As long as the tubes are up to par.

Yeah, lag will kill a game like this. I just hope things like pedestrian/car density stays the same. Don't want it to be a husk of the single player map. Also hoping that framerate stays equivalent to the bearable levels of single player.

But I think it's going to be damn fun!

Caode

I really hope they come through I'm being optimistic here. I think we'll be surprised once again! As long as the tubes are up to par.

Same mindset, the potential it has.. could be something very special indeed. Regardless you have to respect the ambition of it, I hope it pays off.... if it does I can see the disc not leaving the PS3 for a few months to come.

Dead Man

Question

Is there a way I can select a default car for any of the characters? Had having to go to a garage to drive my new ride

Wish there was, that would be very cool.

fuuuuuuuuck

Found and appropriated a Coil Voltic on the streets (it's the Tesla knockoff in the game), went to the garage to stash it after modding it, and it turns out that the garage can only hold four cars. Well, just pop in, remove a car and replace it as they tell you do to on the prompts, right? I go inside, take out a car, and when I'm back out the Coil is gone.

oh my.

Yeah, same thing happened with me. I only keep 3 cars in every garage now in case I find something cool. I wish there was more garage space.

cdkee

Banned
After some mental stat comparison, I think the cars are actually the same once tuned. Top Speed may be very slightly higher for the exclusive cars, but even a mere Benefactor can easily keep up.

Edit: I once drove a car that was powered by a turbine or something - at least it sounded like it. It may be this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5UmVM60nXM

That would be the "Coil", or the GTA version of the Tesla Roadster, which is an electric car.

Randdalf

I just finished.

Not just the best game I've played this year but one of the best I've ever played. The final heist was so well done and so well written (I chose the stealthy option), I was smiling with glee throughout the cut scene inside the bank. Then the final mission, damn; I chose option C, which I guess is the 'happy ending', I couldn't imagine Franklin killing either of them. The free form assassination missions were my favourite in the game, so to have three of them at once was especially fun. I also finally realised the best use of Franklin's ability: much smoother drive-bys. The missions in this game are seriously great. Its the first GTA I've played as well.

TheStevo

Banned
If I fly over the military base, should I expect some missiles to be shot at my ass with some fighter jets after me too like San Andreas?

Top Bottom