• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

TheContact

lol @ franklin's weed tolerance

whereas trevor and michael tripped when smoking the joint from the legalize guy, franklin said it was garbage and didn't even get high

Gaz_RB

If I fly over the military base, should I expect some missiles to be shot at my ass with some fighter jets after me too like San Andreas?

Yes sir... I have yet to successfully steal a jet from there...

lol @ franklin's weed tolerance

whereas trevor and michael tripped when smoking the joint from the legalize guy, franklin said it was garbage and didn't even get high

Lmao, I didn't even get that! Just thought it was
another type of weed
. That's awesome.

TheContact

Before the yoga mission: http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/7788/8q3kckxBykaOl03OLdmllQ/0_0.jpg

After:http://prod.cloud.rockstargames.com/ugc/gta5photo/1121/N6KamTJAmUazeljgpGLgFA/0_0.jpg

Put them as links because the pictures themselves aren't spoilers, but what they allude to might be.

I gave Michael the big ass beard with the bald hair, makes him look like a biker or something lol. I gave Trevor the scruffy hair and big beard too because it makes him look more like a psychopath than clean-shaven, balding Trevor. Franklin has some cool hair styles to mess with, but even his bald head long beard looks cool

Here's what my Trevor looks like =x

ieatzombies

Same mindset, the potential it has.. could be something very special indeed. Regardless you have to respect the ambition of it, I hope it pays off.... if it does I can see the disc not leaving the PS3 for a few months to come.

Yeah, lag will kill a game like this. I just hope things like pedestrian/car density stays the same. Don't want it to be a husk of the single player map. Also hoping that framerate stays equivalent to the bearable levels of single player.

But I think it's going to be damn fun!
Really hoping for the same fidelity as the single player. As long as it can capture that plus the detail I'm all in.

Fjordson

He is fucking awesome.

With no hair he looks kind of like Walton Goggins:

headshot5_B.jpg
haha, he sort of does.

He gives an incredible performance. And to think that I've seen people saying that the voice acting in GTA V isn't very good...fucking boggles my mind.

FStop7

Banned
How often is everyone else randomly encountering the other protagonists around town? I was playing as Michael and crossed paths with Trevor outside of Posonboy's once.

ieatzombies

To echo the majority, Trevor absolutely kills as a character video game or otherwise! On a side note, to all wanting to nab the jet from the military base, bail out of plane and parachute in. If you aim for the left most open hangar, you'll have just enough time to jack the jet! Made it by a hair flying right over a tank.

Been playing all weekend. My god I love this game.

One quick note. My god at the framerate when you surface with the submarine haha. It looks so amazing though.

Was playing as Michael, and walked up to a parked Comet in someone's Vinewood Hills driveway. Was just looking, not stealing, and the greased up, bare chested owner on the porch said something about getting a good look because it would be my last as he moved up to fight me. I raised my fists, and when I hit the trigger to begin my punch combo, did a single open hand pimp slap that spun the guy around and knocked him out in one blow. The guy's body fell in a Glass Joe pose.

This wasn't one of the blue dot random encounters. Anyone else see that sort of slap, or know why it triggered? Strength stat threshold maybe? Regardless, the exchange was one of the best things I've seen all game.

Maddocks

I have a question for after the game, so I shall spoiler tag it.

I switched to franklin to do his after the game mission, but it wont activate, do I need to do anything special for it to pop up? his picture says "1" and I drove around everyplace and walked around his house but nothing is popping up. Am I missing something?

Dinokill

Stupid question but this shit is killing me.

Where the hell is the bar that Trevor visits to pick the Chinese client? It's in Sandy Shore or Grapespeed?

sikkinixx

Ticker says I'm almost 40% through the game, and I'm losing steam...

Stuff like on heist #3
for the FIB, robbing an armoured car to give to that Devin guy. So I do all this fucking work thinking it's going to be some crazy shit going down. I block the road with a garbage truck (which really could have been any car), Franklin smashes into the armoured car with the tow truck, and the getaway car is COMPLETELY useless as I need to drive 2 miles away (with no wanted stars left anyway) only to blow up the garbage truck. The build up was just busy work for what felt like a total typical mission. Really a let down.

That and I really don't know what's happening with the story anymore, everything seems to be happening 'just cuz' and the reasons they give to tie the characters together feel really thin.

And I REALLY REALLLLLLY wish I could just click a mission on the map to instantly warp to it and start. I'm tired of driving around and taxis aren't as common as they were in GTA IV (more spread out).

Philia

6 more missions... left. I don't want this to end! :( I'm just dreading to find out what's to become to everyone. :( I just expecting it to be even more fucked up than GTA IV.

Alienous

So, there's an entire prison
they make no use of. I mean, at least try to justify hating Michael by having him snitch on Franklin for the good of his family. Or something. A multi-character jail break would be awesome.

Stuff like on heist #3
for the FIB, robbing an armoured car to give to that Devin guy. So I do all this fucking work thinking it's going to be some crazy shit going down. I block the road with a garbage truck (which really could have been any car), Franklin smashes into the armoured car with the tow truck, and the getaway car is COMPLETELY useless as I need to drive 2 miles away (with no wanted stars left anyway) only to blow up the garbage truck. The build up was just busy work for what felt like a total typical mission. Really a let down.

That and I really don't know what's happening with the story anymore, everything seems to be happening 'just cuz' and the reasons they give to tie the characters together feel really thin.

And I REALLY REALLLLLLY wish I could just click a mission on the map to instantly warp to it and start. I'm tired of driving around and taxis aren't as common as they were in GTA IV (more spread out).

I don't want to spoil anything, so just to alleviate some concerns you might have.
The next heist, again, plays like a mission. Beyond that, any further heists are, perhaps, the best missions in GTA history. But you're right, once Devin gets introduced into the plot the drama gets a little bit thin.

Fjordson

People have said that?

I'd love to hear their examples of good voice acting in games.
Yep. And in one thread I saw someone say that they should go back to the celebrity voice actors because the ones they use lately aren't good.

Makes zero sense to me, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
People have said that?

I'd love to hear their examples of good voice acting in games.

>>Not complaining<<

Michael and Franklins voice sound weird at some points, like the recording didn't "like" their voices. They seem muddled. Trevors always comes out crisp, though.

I absolutely love this game. Just starting the second heist
at the shipyard

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
4am... Work soon... What the fuck am I doing?

Gaz_RB

So, there's an entire prison
they make no use of. I mean, at least try to justify hating Michael by having him snitch on Franklin for the good of his family. Or something. A multi-character jail break would be awesome.

I don't want to spoil anything, so just to alleviate some concerns you might have.
The next heist, again, plays like a mission. Beyond that, any further heists are, perhaps, the best missions in GTA history. But you're right, once Devin gets introduced into the plot the drama gets a little bit thin.

Im betting there is a badass multiplayer mission based in the prison.

Chuck

Still without luck
Can you take chop for a walk in the new house or do the tricks you've taught him? I Haven't gotten any prompts.

Can't believe they didn't incorporate the Eagles - Hotel California within the soundtrack. Probably the weakest point of the game, but still pretty damn good. It's just this song would be great cruising from sunset and into the night; starting from Sandy Shores and then to Trevor's trailer and then into Los Santos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9-aD7NdHQ

Megasoum

Banned
Can't believe they didn't incorporate the Eagles - Hotel California within the soundtrack. Probably the weakest point of the game, but still pretty damn good. It's just this song would be great cruising from sunset and into the night; starting from Sandy Shores and then to Trevor's trailer and then into Los Santos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ9-aD7NdHQ

Yeah The game is easily the best GTA for me and one of the best game ever (easily in the top 5 anyway) but I agree, the soundtrack is the weakest point. For me the last great GTA soundtrack was in San Andreas (with Vice City being the best of course). There's like 2 or 3 songs I really like in 5's soundtrack. The addition of original score is amazing however and it adds a lot to the game.

Zukuu

Banned
When you buy airplanes / heli / tanks etc they respawn. So it's a one time purchase. I don't get why R* didn't made that for bought cars as well. For all I care, remove them if they are destroyed, but not when they just despawn. Impount lot is a very weak, incosistent solution to that.

MYeager

Stuff like on heist #3

Cell phone->Contact->Call for a cab. That will solve your problem.

I just reached the part where
Michael and Trevor are casing Paleto Bay with Lester.
I am loving this turn in the plot.
The exile to the desert was a great little twist. I've got Mike wandering around in an undershirt and his suit pants and Trevor having a ball of it all.
Fun stuff. Also, the interaction between Trevor, Michael, and
Mrs. Madroza
is hilarious.
Have fun boys!
That killed me.

I fucking love this game so much. The soundtrack is fucking god-tier. Last couple of missions
Robbing the cargo plane by crashing the crop duster and shooting down the plane
had such amazing, beautiful music.

Top Bottom