• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I'm feeling dense, but I still can't figure out how to save cars at the stand alone garages. When you drive up to the door it just says 'Press > to enter garage" the door doesn't open. How do you save at these garages?

Pressing right on the D-Pad will warp you and your car inside the garage

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Beat the game. I thought
things tied up smoothly but seemed to come together fast

The last few missions were
challenging but not hard at all. I can't believe I plowed through a game this fast.

I know this is something special when I can't put it down and have around 20 hours since launch. That's a ton for me.

After I beat it I went around and pimped all the characters out and bought all the available businesses minus the high dollar golf club and theaters.

New hair cuts, pimped out rides, slick clothes, and
they all feel like new men
afterwards.

wizzbang

Banned
Whenever you pick up hitchhikers as trevor you have to drive over there youself. The first one you picked up randomly came with that tutorial in the upper left corner.

Can someone explain this further? I saw a very brief tutorial when I picked up the fucking insane girl (with nice tits) who I took to the lighthouse. The one who Trevor
ends up nailing her a few times and she says sometimes when you call her "can't meet up now, I just binged on soil
lolllllll

But.. I have no idea where this cult is? Anyone?

Hey guys, early game/Heist question.

The first heist, the jewelry one, does the approach you pick change the reward? I rather go in loud, seems easier and more fun. Does this change any reward I get?

After rushing through IV, I'm taking my sweet, sweet time with V.

I'm not even 1/2 way through and about 26 hours. Much better this way.

Mayyhem

question regarding the last assassination mission for lester:

I invested all my money into GoldCoast before I killed the target, and now the stock has been steadily going up since his death little by little. It's up to like 205 and I feel like it'll keep going. Anybody know where it caps?

anyone? :(

sappyday

Alright so I invested a lot of money intro Fruit after one those missions but it hasn't gone up at all. I want to continue the remaining ones but these stocks don't ever go up for me.

CSX

i was in tears laughing when trevor
was driving the kidnapped wife back home

the music playing, the dialouge. So perfect xD

Hey guys, early game/Heist question.

The first heist, the jewelry one, does the approach you pick change the reward? I rather go in loud, seems easier and more fun. Does this change any reward I get?
i don't think so I went in quiet and got all the jewelry not 100% sure though.

Beat the game.

Picked Option C. Finale wasn't as dramatic as IV's, but it was still quite enjoyable. Felt like they wrapped up things a little too quick though. Making you kill all your enemies in one mission was satisfying, but felt rushed.

Honestly wasn't expecting GTAV to be this entertaining. Definitely gonna have a lot of fun just messing around in the world exploring. Hope GTA Online is just as good.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Probably a dumb question, but there isn't a limited window of availability for side missions, right? I've done a good bit of them, but I don't have too many main missions left and I want to see where the story goes.

I can't believe how much fun I've had with this game. Second best game of the year (TLOU), but still incredibly entertaining. Switching between characters during missions and heists is pure gold.

End game spoilers.

Doing the union depository heist, and three of the tires on the getaway are shot before I even leave the parking garage, even though I got the most expensive armor upgrade. Car gets out of control and ends up drowning. As Michael, I start running on foot. Franklin and the other dude are just standing there taking bullets and not shooting back all while the game keeps telling me to "get back to your crew!". I end up hiding in a bush for 5 minutes until the five star wanted level goes away. I steal another vehicle and pick the idiot AI up right in front of the cops! (still just standing there getting shot at).

Oh and before that the stupid drill got stuck in the geometry.

Man this game has a way of just killing it's awesome moments.

Not my favourite GTA but enjoyable nonetheless. Oh, and that A$AP Rocky song is pretty great.

Hmm, wonder which one of these is the song that plays in the pause menu.

That and the install music are really great. I'll be adding them to the album if they aren't included.

I still don't get why it's mixed so low though. Really good stuff that's often overpowered by the voice acting + world noise.

I mean MY GOD.

You know, this game is awesome, but it has the same problem that I have with every GTA.

The "story" is fucking atrocious. I mean, the acting is great, but I am 70% of the way in this game and I have no idea why I am doing what I am doing half the time.

I have no idea what my motivations are. I don't know who the main antagonist is. Why am I picking this guy up? Who is he? Why are we doing this now? Why are we going here? Why did we just do that job? We got nothing out of it and it didn't advance the story at all.......

If you asked me to tell you the plot, I honestly wouldn't know how to. I don't even know what the end goal is here, and I'm probably a few hours away from completion.

Not a big deal, but something I find really lacking in these games.

I felt the same. The first act is great. Great build up and introduction to all the characters. What typically hurts the GTA games is all the damn side characters. There's always just too many of them. I can't even tell you most of the bad guys names and i just played 40+ hours of it.

The last act fell flat for me including the ending. The mission was great but the story was dull.
Ok let's kill all the bad guys who made us do this stupid shit. Um, and you couldn't do this before because...? And giving the option to kill Trevor or Michael made no sense whatsoever. Why would Franklin just be okay to kill them? I know technically it's the gamer. But why the hell would any of us want to do that? There was no set up. It was just basically 'ok game is over decide who you want to kill'. Just felt off and completely random.
Overall the story was good just wish they put a little more effort in the ending.

MormaPope

Banned
Personally, I love the story and character chemistry a lot. GTA San Andreas was goofy in a lot of ways just for the sake of being goofy to shake things up. The goofiness and humor in V still feels tied down to reality, while any seriousness feels genuine and warranted. Rockstar and the writers specifically found the perfect middle ground.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I'm not very far into the game yet, but almost all the missions involve "drive to Point A, get chased" or "drive to Point A, chase this guy". Do missions get better variety after a while?

scy

The last act fell flat for me including the ending. The mission was great but the story was dull.
Ok let's kill all the bad guys who made us do this stupid shit. Um, and you couldn't do this before because...?

My take on it was that (full game spoilers~)
there's no way for you to get away with just straight up removing Haines until the IAA Heist and the Qortz shootout. He has too much leverage up to that point. After those two missions were done, the leverage Haines had was pretty much done and he was already in the process of scapegoating everything onto Sanchez. Then, because of that, Devin is untouchable due to Haines (and I suppose his other connections in general) so you can't do anything about him yet and, really, he's not the greatest nuisance until you get his lawyer killed. Stretch and Mr. Cheng just sort of happen to get axed so each person has someone to hunt down I guess. Like, Stretch is only there because of the last Lamar setup and Mr. Cheng comes out of nowhere (unless he's supposed to be the Triad leader you stole the gold from? If so, that makes him relevant I guess) after being missing from the story since like the mid-point

I'm not very far into the game yet, but almost all the missions involve "drive to Point A, get chased" or "drive to Point A, chase this guy". Do missions get better variety after a while?

I dunno, it depends? There's a lot of missions you can say are "drive to Point A, do things." :x But yeah, there's a lot of variety but you'll ultimately be doing a lot of driving around after a guy or driving around to escape to some degree. Most the side missions / Strangers & Freaks stuff tend to be completely different though.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
6:30am... Tired... Work in 1 hour.. Great

ooh didn't know you could get a new crib from quests.

There really isn't that much i don't like about this game... well outside of the shooting and framerate at times...

DukeBobby

It sounds like you haven't even reached the first heist yet.

Don't worry, the missions get a lot better.

What is everyones top speed? I hit 202 with an Infernus, I cant seem to do any better. Even though I have an Adder fully modded and the website claims it has a top speed of 250, I can't get close to even 200. My Cheetah maxes out around 128, the website claimed 220. What am I doing wrong?

What is everyones top speed? I hit 202 with an Infernus, I cant seem to do any better. Even though I have an Adder fully modded and the website claims it has a top speed of 250, I can't get close to even 200. My Cheetah maxes out around 128, the website claimed 220. What am I doing wrong?

is there a speedometer to turn on in game?

jsnepo

I like Social Club but because of it being down all the time, I missed a lot of things in my checklist that I have already done.

Zukuu

Banned

km/h maybe? :D

What happened to Fire Trucks - did they not make it into the game?

Why do you think that? Just cause havoc, call 911 and order the fire department or drive to their base and steal one.

inky

kSqKmZy.jpg

Dries

Haven't even really touched the missions yet. Still having so much fun exploring and immersing myself in the world.

Top Bottom