• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

MYeager

That's pennies man!

RE: escaping cops in slow vans.... I like the train track route. Seems to work most of the time as long as I drive clean towards a tunnel.

More TIPS please, keep em coming, that's what I came here for guys :)

Yeah, I don't care for shooters, I play mainly racing and sports games, I have never had game shooter reflexes.

When the targets are right in front, I did get that I could duck in/out cover and the targets would stick like IV, but when they approach and start circling 'round me, I get too discombobulated with the controls, usually someone gets too close behind me, and instant death.

I didn't feel the special ability did anything, but make it harder to see the little pixel. Played with the reticle settings, dunno, maybe I'll try again, but at this point, I admit I would rather skip and just do what I consider to be the fun stuff, like racing and taxi missions (which I don't know why you couldn't provide more variety R*)

Change crosshairs from simple to complex in the settings. Better crosshairs for all weapons.

Gawge

One awesome moment:

I come across some sort of failed deal - pick up the money and get out of there on a secluded dirt road. Then some guys on motorcycles start chasing me. I take one of them out, and just as I start aiming for the second one, I see behind me that a trail of petrol from my car has been set alight. I dive out of the car just before it explodes, the explosion wipes out the other biker, and I just about survive.

Derrick01

Banned
What is everyone's most listened to radio station? I can't get enough of Non-Stop Pop FM...so good.

West Coast classics I guess. The radio is so weak that I usually try to listen to the chat stations instead but I put a lot of time into that. Speaking of that station where the hell is Warren G's Regulate? I haven't heard it once.

Philia

One awesome moment:

I come across some sort of failed deal - pick up the money and get out of there on a secluded dirt road. Then some guys on motorcycles start chasing me. I take one of them out, and just as I start aiming for the second one, I see behind me that a trail of petrol from my car has been set alight. I dive out of the car just before it explodes, the explosion wipes out the other biker, and I just about survive.

The 25k briefcase right? The one with trucks all around and dead guys everywhere? One of them were saying its a trap. And the woman nearby the briefcase says you pick it up, you're a dead man?

Yeah. I like to think this is a homage to No Country for Old Men. :3

FStop7

Banned
I've been turning the radio off. For all of those stations it still seems to have become repetitive in a hurry.

The ambient score is much better. Love the stuff that plays during the buildup to a heist. Some if it very clearly inspired by Drive and Heat.

AngryMoth

One little thing that's bugs me in the game is be seemingly arbitrary distinction between what's destructible and what isn't. I can plough through a fence no problem but am unable to drive an SUV through a volleyball net? Just feels antiquated still having trees, telephone poles, etc be completely indestructible and it's frequently annoying. Quite often I have thought I was going to be able to drive through something but was instead brought to an abrupt, mission ending halt.

antitrop

Went three days went without playing the game cause I was feeling under the weather. I miss it so damn much
Yeah, I've been working. Other than right after release, I haven't touched the game but for a few hours on Saturday night.

Exactly as last week, though, I will have Tuesday afternoon-Thursday off, so 2 1/2 days of nothing but GTA V coming up.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I think the latter half of the game is a big bummer story-wise, really.

The entire FIB plotline makes absolutely no sense and it's ridiculous to think why these three career criminals are just okay with doing all this nonsensical crazy shit for the feds. The real Trevor would have laughed his ass off at their proposals. Probably pull his dick out, too.

I really feel like they have spent all their time on creating the biggest and most detailed world ever made, and they completely succeeded in that. I just think the story and it's conclusion needed a lot more time in the cooker.

Still, despite it's warts, it's a incredible game.

kiyomi

I've been turning the radio off. For all of those stations it still seems to have become repetitive in a hurry.

The ambient score is much better. Love the stuff that plays during the buildup to a heist. Some if it very clearly inspired by Drive and Heat.

Yeah, the ambience and the music that plays in 3* cop chases and heists is great. And sometimes it's nice to switch the radio off just so you can hear the sound of your engine, the backfires, and the clunk of the suspension when you hit a bump, in addition to the environmental effects around you.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Also, I have a feeling upgrading some of the cars/bikes does absolutely nothing.

Spent 100 g's on multiple cars and I barely notice any real differences.

In fact, the first thing I did after finishing the last heist was get on my ingame phone and order a pink Faggio for Michael. I took it to LS customs, gave it the works, and it didn't seem to do anything to it's acceleration, top speed and handling.

:(

Tawpgun

From what I remember it acts sort of like Test Drive Unlimited doesn't it? You will be connected to 16 people in the same area as you and that will dynamically swap people in and out as you traverse the map.

I could be wrong though.

This is what im hoping. Anyone have any information how GTA Online works?

I think its just lobbies. You search for free mode and get put in a lobby.

Andrew.

Banned
Also, I have a feeling upgrading some of the cars/bikes does absolutely nothing.

Spent 100 g's on multiple cars and I barely notice any real differences :(

Armor and bullet proof wheels are the couple upgrades that are actually worth it. Just remember to store the car in the garage afterwards.

Dead Man

In fact, the first thing I did after finishing the last heist was get on my ingame phone and order a pink Faggio for Michael. I took it to LS customs, gave it the works, and it didn't seem to do anything to it's acceleration, top speed and handling.

Yeah, it's too bad there is no way to increase the traction of the cars.

Tunavi

Banned
The radio stations aren't as great as San Andreas, but they're still underrated. Punk, outlaw country, classic rock, techno, original score. All really good.
But yeah, missing that metal station.

Arcteryx

One awesome moment:

Anyone know if the mini-events are at fixed locations? I've been wanting to do this one but haven't seen it yet.

The only one Ive really noticed a difference in leveling is Stamina. Once that is maxed out you can sprint forever without your health meter eventually being drained.

is there a stamina bar somewhere? Only time i notice health dropping is when the tooltip pops up.

btw: how do you know when there are new movies to watch? Or is each theater different?

Sullichin

What's the consensus on the best aiming controls?
I switch between free aim and aim assisted. I'm not much of a fan of the traditional GTA style. And while the shooting feels better than past GTA games, it still feels a bit clunky to me. The reticle is very tiny, which was kind of an issue in the first Trevor rampage. With the color filter going on I couldn't easily tell where I was aiming.

Excited for more heist missions, but I hope they don't take as long to set up as the first one.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, I thought when you replayed missions you'd at least get the cash from the heist brought into your playthrough but it doesn't. Really disappointed with that. Looks like it'll be hard/impossible to get $150,000,000 for the Golf club after you've finished the game and don't have the cash.

Andrew.

Banned
is there a stamina bar somewhere? Only time i notice health dropping is when the tooltip pops up.

No stamina bar that Ive seen. You just kinda have to judge on your own accord as to how far youll be able to run without getting winded.

btw: how do you know when there are new movies to watch? Or is each theater different?

Not sure. Only stopped at one theater and walked out because the shit was just too bizarre. It also seemed to go on forever.

Philia

Anyone know if the mini-events are at fixed locations? I've been wanting to do this one but haven't seen it yet.

I believe for a few specific ones, it is specific in location. IE, I've read in this thread that you can contract the best driver (the hurt woman on the side of the road with the killed boyfriend and wrecked truck nearby) on that road and I drove past there and indeed it popped for me.

Arcteryx

Aw man, I thought when you replayed missions you'd at least get the cash from the heist brought into your playthrough but it doesn't. Really disappointed with that. Looks like it'll be hard/impossible to get $150,000,000 for the Golf club after you've finished the game and don't have the cash.

Save the
assassination missions for last
and you'll end up with $300,000,000-$1,000,000,000+ (assuming you play the stock market right)

Spoilers obviously, but see this topic for tips: dat money

Can you kill your crew in the story mode heists to take their share of the pot like you can do online?

For instance in the first heist
I think most people went for the "quiet" option and likely took the cheaper gunman. It seems like he always bites it during the getaway and drops his share. Could I have killed him earlier during the getaway and picked up his share?

Also will the heists in GTA Online involve any of the recon and gathering work that go into the story mode heists or will everybody just get a screen popping up to vote on which way you want to approach? Or will we even get that? Will everything just be a walk in and see what happens kind of thing?

duckroll

Lol, did you really expect that? If that were possible, why would anyone continue playing the game normally after the first heist, instead of replaying it over and over and over again? Roflmao.

Andrew.

Banned

Yeah I dont understand how that works. Are you going to be able to eanr a bunch of money in GTAO and then carry it over to the SP?

Or is it just a matter of playing the stock market early on, knowing what to buy and when to sell and saving the Franklin assassination missions for the endgame? Even then I dont see how its possible to rake in 150 million.

Edit: aaaaand holy shit at that Reddit link for playing the market. I need to start a new game...

A little something I am loving - THE POINT OF INTEREST tagger on the in-game map. I hated to be on a mission in the past and not be able to mark where I saw a stunt jump, or place to check out ... super easy now. Great change IMO.

Arcteryx

Yeah I dont understand how that works. Are you going to be able to eanr a bunch of money in GTAO and then carry it over to the SP?

Or is it just a matter of playing the stock market early on, knowing what to buy and when to sell and saving the Franklin assassination missions for the endgame? Even then I dont see how its possible to rake in 150 million.

It is. Check out the link I put in above.
If you wait until the end of the game to do the rest of the assassination missions you can earn MUCH MUCH more(because you have more money to invest at once).

duckroll

I'll just assume that the property prices in the game are the same in GTA Online, and they're placed in the game to introduce the player to the difference in value and the huge range in costs for things in the world (property, vehicles, etc). I guess we'll see.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, did you really expect that? If that were possible, why would anyone continue playing the game normally after the first heist, instead of replaying it over and over and over again? Roflmao.

Only after having completed the game which I have done. As in allow you to replay missions up to the end but only in the post game when replaying let you keep the money from the heists since you've already completed the game once. I wasn't expecting it whilst playing the story :p

Save the
assassination missions for last
and you'll end up with $300,000,000-$1,000,000,000+ (assuming you play the stock market right)

Spoilers obviously, but see this topic for tips: dat money

Already done them unfortunately.

lil smoke

Banned

I was thinking that after I maxed Trevor's van. Maybe 3% faster?

I understand that there is a "did not like GTA" thread, but I actually like it so much that some of these sort of things really stand out. Why give me the option to spend that much money for so little difference?

With armor too. Why?

Andrew.

Banned
Corona's "Rhythm of the Night" is my ultimate nostalgia trip. That song is the definitive middle school dance song for me circa 1994.

What really blows my away with this game is the sense of scale and the environment feeling extremely true to life. For example, I picked up this drunk couple that needed a ride, and the game informed me I could either take them to their destination or drop them off at some cult. Now granted the cult place seemed pretty far off, but the fact that I could do this had me intrigued. It was late at night, and I started the drive. The couple started fooling around in the back seat, the car rocking. Trevor started making comments about joining and I had a laugh, they found it odd and stopped having sex. Next I start thinking to myself "Man the moon is out, I'm driving up into the mountains and I have no idea where the hell I actually am" a notion I've had quite a few times in real life, exploring mountain regions myself. Next thing you know the people in the car start talking about how "this seems way to far away from where they were supposed to be" and then I'm drop them off at the cult which seems to be just about as far from civilization as possible. I drive a bit down the path, get out, take a picture of just me, the moon, mother nature, and sky. Just one of the first times I felt a game truly felt almost real in all perspectives.

0_0.jpg

border

Something that was unclear to me about the Humane Heist --
did we actually steal a toxic nerve gas, or was it a perfume formula? The radio report claims it was perfume, but I suppose that could just be a cover story.

antitrop

What really blows my away with this game is the sense of scale and the environment feeling extremely true to life. For example, I picked up this drunk couple that needed a ride, and the game informed me I could either take them to their destination or drop them off at some cult. Now granted the cult place seemed pretty far off, but the fact that I could do this had me intrigued. It was late at night, and I started the drive. The couple started fooling around in the back seat, the car rocking. Trevor started making comments about joining and I had a laugh, they found it odd and stopped having sex. Next I start thinking to myself "Man the moon is out, I'm driving up into the mountains and I have no idea where the hell I actually am" a notion I've had quite a few times in real life, exploring mountain regions myself. Next thing you know the people in the car start talking about how "this seems way to far away from where they were supposed to be" and then I'm drop them off at the cult which seems to be just about as far from civilization as possible. I drive a bit down the path, get out, take a picture of just me, the moon, mother nature, and sky. Just one of the first times I felt a game truly felt almost real in all perspectives.
Hahaha, yeah, I did exactly the same thing.

Wait until you find out what that cult does.

Tawpgun

A little something I am loving - THE POINT OF INTEREST tagger on the in-game map. I hated to be on a mission in the past and not be able to mark where I saw a stunt jump, or place to check out ... super easy now. Great change IMO.

How do you do this? I've been scoping out some good areas for GTA Online, and writing their location on a notepad.

Andrew.

Banned
Something that was unclear to me about the Humane Heist --
did we actually steal a toxic nerve gas, or was it a perfume formula? The radio report claims it was perfume, but I suppose that could just be a cover story.

I assumed it was a cover story.

Top Bottom