• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Concept17

Just started playing yesterday. Was trying to avoid the hype but bought it anyway.

So far the best thing I've encountered: driving max speed off a cliff, barrel rolling into oncoming traffic. Created an actual traffic jam, must have been 20 cars that all came to a stop. One guy gets out to attack me. Doesn't end well for him. Grab his truck, drive off with cops in pursuit, crash at gas station. Steal a guys 4 wheeler, and drive right up the fucking mountain to get away, finding a trail and climbing to the top. Get to the top, hit a bump, 4wheeler rolls over and lands on me. Dead.

Did anyone else absolutely love the moment when Michael dived off the pier into the ocean to get to the boat with his daughter?!

For some reason that is one of my highlights from the whole game so far. Dat water. Dem colours. Dat coral. Dem feels. HNNG!

red731

This game makes me genuinely happy. I smile alot.

Moon is shining and I am in my car. Rihanna starts to play and I start to fall.
Fall from heights and up again. Jumping, boucing, and shit - lets do this again.

And ffs spoiler the stuff you have seen. Many people here didn't reach something to feel anything about what you felt. NAMASTE

kiyomi

Did anyone else absolutely love the moment when Michael dived off the pier into the ocean to get to the boat with his daughter?!

For some reason that is one of my highlights from the whole game so far. Dat water. Dem colours. Dat coral. Dem feels. HNNG!

It was a great way to make me aware of the fact that I could even go underwater, lol

Hurley

So, just finished the main story.

Absolutely loved it, the writing and characters were so well done imo.

also, lol at
Trevor's Mother

I'm guessing
ending (C) is canon? I hope it is.

Philia

Who cares about driving if you don't use cars though? I mostly freeroam with Michael on a bicycle. Feels soooooooooooo good. :)

Post game spoiler:
Ron's gift to Trevor at the post game was BEST though. Nothing feels more fantastic but watching Trevor go around on that thing.

red731

Thing I to see in the DLC:

MP3 players...
When we use them we would hear sound of our hearts and everything would sound different, contained.
I want to base jump, hear my heart and listen to music.

AND radio station with the music when you press start. That music...

Are there any particularly good spots to find sharks?

I want to get eaten by one.

I just went out really far and then dived in the water...before I knew it a red dot on the map was circling me.

I then got eaten after a couple of minutes and probably got the easiest trophy in the whole game. I loved it!

Dreaver

Is it possible to get any cool army/SWAT/non-normal like clothing? Like the mission
where you have to rappel down the glass building?

I know there is
hunter cloth and clothing you can buy in the ammo shops
, but non of that looks bad ass :(

border

Is there any interesting story payoff or reward to the bounty hunter missions for Trevor?

I got a text message from the lady that gives the bounty hunter quests "You haven't forgetten about me have you?"

I was like, "No I didn't forget about you. But all you told me was that some asshole was in 'a barn' and I didn't feel like searching the entire fucking county for a single barn."

Gaz_RB

Is it possible to get any cool army/SWAT/non-normal like clothing? Like the mission
where you have to rappel down the glass building?

I know there is
hunter cloth and clothing you can buy in the ammo shops
, but non of that looks bad ass :(

All I'll say is that you get
some outfits after the end of the game

Andrew.

Banned
I just went out really far and then dived in the water...before I knew it a red dot on the map was circling me.

I then got eaten after a couple of minutes and probably got the easiest trophy in the whole game. I loved it!

Theres a shark that hangs around the crashed plane (with the money cheat) south of the dock property you can buy, but he wont eat me. Maybe I smell or something...

cackhyena

Is there any interesting story payoff or reward to the bounty hunter missions for Trevor?

I got a text message from the lady that gives the bounty hunter quests "You haven't forgetten about me have you?"

I was like, "No I didn't forget about you. But all you told me was that some asshole was in 'a barn' and I didn't feel like searching the entire fucking county for a single barn."

I still can't find the quarry for the first bounty.

Man, I know it's way early to be thinking about DLC, and the idea of Rockstar repeating themselves so blatantly may not sound good to some, but could you just imagine the insane awesomeness of "Grand Theft Auto V: Zombie Nightmare"?

Gaz_RB

Man, I know it's way early to be thinking about DLC, and the idea of Rockstar repeating themselves so blatantly may not sound good to some, but could you just imagine the insane awesomeness of "Grand Theft Auto V: Zombie Nightmare"?

That'd be cool.

I want some criminal dlc that adds more generic, repeatable heists/robberies and stuff that you can do by yourself outside of the story.

Andrew.

Banned

For the love of god, please no more fucking zombies.

MMaRsu

Post game spoiler:
Ron's gift to Trevor at the post game was BEST though. Nothing feels more fantastic but watching Trevor go around on that thing.

What thing? I go to the trailer after Ron called me and it was only that old hag.

Ahasverus

So, just finished the main story.

Absolutely loved it, the writing and characters were so well done imo.

also, lol at
Trevor's Mother

I'm guessing
ending (C) is canon? I hope it is.

Yeah lololol
Did you find the truck? I haven't.. I don't even know what I'm looking for.

antitrop

That strikes me as a humungous oversight of their combat system.
Yes, it is. And it's something that I expected to finally be fixed by V, but I'm very disappointed that it wasn't.

My only explanation is that it's on purpose to try to convey the difficulty of aiming a gun while driving a car through gameplay mechanics, but it sucks.

Assuming he's referring to an underwater briefcase. If you pick one up, switch to another character, and switch back, your oxygen is replenished and the briefcase is back. Ended up grinding about half a mil for each of the characters at the start of the game, a bit tedious but money isn't really an issue now except for the properties.

inky

Probably not, other than the money.

I'm on the fourth one, but when I reloaded my game last time the email with the picture of the location was gone. Apparently the game doesn't think to save those emails, but saves the ones from Ammunation informing me there's a new gun for sale, or ones from 10 missions ago that are no longer relevant, but which can't be erased. I'm just going to YT it.

Top Bottom