• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Marleyman

Banned
It isnt a waste of money in the long run ;)

It only seems that way.

Modding your vehicles. Now thats a waste of money.

Oh really? It is the one where they give you different totals of your investment in different currencies but when you try to collect it says that they can't give you your money at this time.

Modding vehicles is a giant waste of money; I don't hardly ever do it.

Andrew.

Banned
Oh really? It is the one where they give you different totals of your investment in different currencies but when you try to collect it says that they can't give you your money at this time.

Oh wow I totally thought you were talking about the Epsilon program. Sounds like you discovered something else. This game man...

Ahahahahaha at the drunken couple having sex in my car as I took them to the cult on top of the mountain.

THIS GAME!

Just finished up that side story last night. Was almost feeling bad about dropping off the runaway bride to their gates, but then
they tried to sacrifice Trevor instead and I mowed them all down and stole all their cash. And an RPG to top it off. Almost made up for my big Kifflom goof from earlier.

Marleyman

Banned
Oh wow I totally thought you were talking about the Epsilon program. Sounds like you discovered something else. This game man...

Oh no, not Epsilon; I know them. This was a site where I had to put in a code they emailed me, donate "invest" $10,000 and supposedly it would grow and I could cash out whenever. I got scammed I think lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
EVERYTHING IS AMAZING ABOUT THIS GAME

I FUCKING LOVE TREVOR AND MICHAEL

Trevor waking up in his undies... in the middle of nowhere... asfashfioashfiohas I LOVE IT

So having only spent 3 solid days on this game (25 hours clocked) so far, Im still amazed at the sheer scale and scope of this game. I dont know anything about programming, but they must be performing witchcraft over at Rockstar.

I litterally just spend hours flying around admiring the epic scale and skydive and parachute on top of things.

This game puts the biggest grin on my face and I constantly literally find myself saying out loud "holy shit" and "wow". I drive around and just stop and admire the detail they have put into the game.

My only gripe is the story sort of pear shaped. I really enjoyed the start with Michael and his family. I wish there was more of that or I hope they continue his story in future DLC.
Wow, for the first time ever I actually want DLC.

MAX PAYMENT

So I finished the game yesterday, fell into a lot of financial traps, and witnessed very few red/blue dot random occurrences.

I decide to start the whole game over today, and I cannot even make it to 1 mission without running into multiple red/blue occurrences. What the hell?

Edit: also

How the HELL do you change each character's preferred car? Trevor's awesome red truck is completely fucking gone in my game.

"Uhh, I dont remember our motel being this far away..."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Double D

Question about Devin.
I stole 3 cars and then Lamar came along and soured everything up. I figured I would get back into that at some point but I've not gotten any prompts after competing a few more missions. Will this pop up again at some point?

Made a pretty decent killing on stocks yesterday. One hundred percent return on a 400k investment. I love the idea of the stock market I just hope it can actually be messed with more. I had no idea BAWSAQ was dynamic and real time. That's rad but I feel very clueless on how it's all affected other than missions ...

No Love

Banned

Modding vehicles is a giant waste of money; I don't hardly ever do it.

If you buy your own Los Santos Customs, you get vehicle mods for free at that shop.

But it sucks because it's north of Los Santos so you gotta drive a car there every time you want to mod it. :\ The other Los Santos Customs shops still charge you.

Andrew.

Banned
What is everyone's most listened to radio station? I can't get enough of Non-Stop Pop FM...so good.

Los Santos Rock, Non Stop Pop, & Mirror Park.

Mirror Park has some really slick tracks, including one from HEALTH.

The other Los Santos hip hop station with all thoe Kendrick Lamar tracks is really good too. Im a huge fan of that 100S song "Life of a Mack".

why is there only 1 radio talk channel in this game? :(

that drunk couple thing was nice, but then i start getting stranglers at the bottom of LS... fuck no i'm not gonna drive an hour to drop these guys at the cult place for 2 grand.

I didn't take them to the cult, and for me Trevor started talking about jumping in and going down on the guy and they got creeped out and stopped. :lol

LOL, same thing happen to me.

What is everyone's most listened to radio station? I can't get enough of Non-Stop Pop FM...so good.

Non-Stop Pop, but when I'm Trevor in the desert I listen to the old country/western station. It fits perfectly!

Philia

It's really, really worth it in the long run (money wise), however a couple of the quests are indeed bullshitty.

Indeed. I was going to wait til I bought out properties and investing or whatever before losing too much money to them for dumb mistakes. AKA spend it right away before they take it from you.

I'm pretty sure you can see it somewhere in the menus after.

Thanks! :D

It isnt a waste of money in the long run ;)

It only seems that way.

Modding your vehicles. Now thats a waste of money.

Yeah, I just saw the 2 million post earlier and I'm rethinking it. I'll do it now that I'm in post game. I did mod my Franklin's car but after I saw that you can't even save cars or whatever (after seeing Michael's car get impounded in which I thought you won't ever get back without paying but I know better now).

I did the Trevor's mission related to Mary Ann the last night. I almost died of laughter.

I know. Crazies be crazy. They're perfect for each other but then again... I like
Patricia
best. :3 She's sweet on him Trevor.

Just finished up that side story last night. Was almost feeling bad about dropping off the runaway bride to their gates, but then
they tried to sacrifice Trevor instead and I mowed them all down and stole all their cash. And an RPG to top it off. Almost made up for my big Kifflom goof from earlier.

I told myself I'll be sure to visit that damn place post game to see what the heck is going on over there. I'm sure its cannibalism!

EVERYTHING IS AMAZING ABOUT THIS GAME

I FUCKING LOVE TREVOR AND MICHAEL

Trevor waking up in his undies... in the middle of nowhere... asfashfioashfiohas I LOVE IT

LOL I got that last night too. I did wish I'd catch Floyd/Trevor in bed together scene I've had read about on here. Sounds like the best thing to wake up to lmao.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Question -- if you put an advanced scope on your gun, how do you use it? I modded one of the auto-rifles to have a scope, but when I click in the button that zooms, it still just gives me the standard zoom, not a more advanced scope (I was expecting like a sniper scope).

On ps3 hold L2 move up and down with the left stick.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just got a blackscreen after a mission. Pretty sure my PS3 is dying, though. Doesn't take too long before the fans go into jet mode. Looks like I'll be buying the new slim sometime soon.

Marleyman

Banned
"We keep talkin but things-will-nev-er-change"

So I dont look back..."

So many songs on here lyrically are quite metaphorical to all three characters' life situations outside of crime.

Great point..god, I am at work and now I have to listen to songs from GTA until I can get home...the wait.

With Trevor I listen to Rebel Radio usually.
Franklin, usually West Coast Classics
Michael, usually the pop station

I like all three of them. I really like Radio Mirror Park but it doesn't fit any of the characters for me.

I pretty much like every station except for the Mexicali station, Channel X, and the World jazz station.

Also I just realized that you lose the signal for WCTR when you cross over the hollywood hills into Blaine County, and it's replaced with Blaine County Talk which is a right-wing radio station. That's great.

Andrew.

Banned
Does anyone know what exactly constitutes as a fully modded vehicle? Ive upgraded numerous cars with every upgrade to try and get the trophy/cheev but it never has popped. Is the trophy acquisition just as screwy as the car saving system?

So when does mike get his car back? the kid took it when he
ran away from home.
I assume after some mission?

The character specific cars are the only ones i bother upgrading because they are teh only ones garanteed to pop back.

matte paintjob looks fantastic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Played GTAV for ten minutes. Jumped in a yacht, sailed into the middle of the ocean amidst a crackling storm, as Chicago - If You Leave Me Now played. Dove out. Got eaten by a shark.

~*~ i didnt choose the thug life, the thug life chose me ~*~

*slow clap*

Welcome aboard :D

Marleyman

Banned
Music Sounds Better With You is a throwback to my senior year of HS; such a cool song. Also, Lady(Hear Me Tonight) is a damn good song that I somehow missed out on.

Tawpgun

Rockstar needs to allow an option to buy some kind of Nikon/Canon camera or something to take HQ shots without that weird cell phone camera filter over them.

Maybe if you finish Beverleys quests or just knock him out you can take his camera.

Reposting one time cause I'm really curious as if there's any real meaning to this.
Finally got a copy.
My only question is, does anyone have stickers on their game case? I have two white and transparent stickers on the top left of my game case....underneath the shrink-wrap. My friend has the same only they're red and he got his copy at launch. What do they mean?
I can post a picture if I need to.

Top Bottom