• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Apparently a briefcase? of money respawns there infinitely. I don't know if its because its underwater or what that made it glitched to spawn infinitely.

Assuming he's referring to an underwater briefcase. If you pick one up, switch to another character, and switch back, your oxygen is replenished and the briefcase is back. Ended up grinding about half a mil for each of the characters at the start of the game, a bit tedious but money isn't really an issue now except for the properties.

From where the dockyard is that you can purchase with Trevor look southwest and you should sea a piece of land on the coast that sticks out. Above that piece of land there is a crashed plane in the middle of the seabed. Inside the plane is full armor, a submarine piece and 12.5k in a suitcase. Grab the loot, switch to another character and then switch back. The money will respawn each time.

Oh? I must research this glitch! Be right back, going to YouTube!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Beating the game last night means I can spend today doing the side stuff and digging into some of the secret stuff if possible.

Yes, it is. And it's something that I expected to finally be fixed by V, but I'm very disappointed that it wasn't.

My only explanation is that it's on purpose to try to convey the difficulty of aiming a gun while driving a car through gameplay mechanics, but it sucks.

The irony for me is that I find the shooting to be easier while driving even though it does have the inherited flaw. I got used to it fast and always make sure I stay behind my target as it makes aiming easier.

Andrew.

Banned

From where the dockyard is that you can purchase with Trevor look southwest and you should sea a piece of land on the coast that sticks out. Above that piece of land there is a crashed plane in the middle of the seabed. Inside the plane is full armor, a submarine piece and 12.5k in a suitcase. Grab the loot, switch to another character and then switch back. The money will respawn each time.

Thanks to Enduin for that one.

inky

The map in the iOS manual helped me with the second bounty. It can be pretty useful overall. The third one might look difficult, but it is in a more obvious spot than you think.

Andrew.

Banned
The map in the iOS manual helped me with the second bounty. It can be pretty useful overall. The third one might look difficult, but it is in a more obvious spot than you think.

Third one was a pain in the ass. The dude is in the middle of Mt. Chiliad and then you need to parachute after him.

On a side note, you can take your bounties in alive without the stun gun if you shoot them in the leg.

LiquidMetal14

Assuming he's referring to an underwater briefcase. If you pick one up, switch to another character, and switch back, your oxygen is replenished and the briefcase is back. Ended up grinding about half a mil for each of the characters at the start of the game, a bit tedious but money isn't really an issue now except for the properties.

I watched the IGN video and that was a 25k briefcase. Is there one with more money?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Man, I know it's way early to be thinking about DLC, and the idea of Rockstar repeating themselves so blatantly may not sound good to some, but could you just imagine the insane awesomeness of "Grand Theft Auto V: Zombie Nightmare"?
The only acceptable DLC will be San Fierro and Las Venturas; Episodes from San Andreas.

Plus more heists (with more complexity in choices) and more missions with each character in their original habitat.

Sonix90

Neo Member
So I've just got to the "infamous"
torture
scene and I have to say, compared to every movie I saw that depicted
torture
of any kind, the one in GTA V is really, really tame, no idea what's all the fuss is about, maybe the fact that it's interactive makes it shocking but really, nothing to write home about. Especially since
you help the guy escape after it's done

Mr Swine

Banned
The only acceptable DLC will be San Fierro and Las Venturas; Episodes from San Andreas.

Plus more heists (with more complexity in choices) and more missions with each character in their original habitat.

It would be nice if they could port over Libert City as a DLC, there is a airport in both games after all :p

todahawk

Roleplaying as Trevor is so much fun

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
I don't ever shoot them. Just run to them and hit them once, then point a gun at them and they give up.

I did it as an experiement to see if it would work and sure enough..

Also, if you end up killing a bounty it seems like it takes Maude awhile to wire the funds to your account. Only 5k compared to the usual 10. It's definitely worth it to try and take the guys alive.

kris.

Banned
All that money
I got from the final heist
, every single penny, is now invested in H&L. $1 a stock, something like 20mil shares per person. If that price bumps up even $.50, I'MMA BE FUCKIN RIIIIIICH
er

Now I just need Rockstar to fix the BAWSAQ.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Has R* announced what game modes will be available in online?
Yes:
http://gta.wikia.com/Grand_Theft_Auto_Online#Game_Modes

Also most interesting of all:
Leslie Benzies, Rockstar Games' director, says there will be around 700 missions in GTA Online and that Rockstar will be constantly renewing about 500 of these to keep GTA Online fresh.

Plus:
Like in single player, the player can perform heists, with friends. Heists will be a bit bigger than they are in single player, one that is known of containing around 20 steps. The one that is known of is where the player must steal a Titan being guarded by a group known as the Merryweather.

Andrew.

Banned
GTA ONLINE IS SO HYPE

...and will end up being an inevitable shit storm for the first few days Im sure.

It's gonna be in the millions hopping on R* servers all at once. Yeah we'll see how that goes.

Dont get me wrong, Id like to see everything run smoothly, but with the sketchy iFruit app performance and messed up car saving system we will see.

Revven

I can't wait to get back into this game this afternoon. I have a lot of stuff I still need to do.

Oh, what property opens up the Taxi job, by the way? Or, is it not a property that you have to buy to do them? I want to try ittttttt and see if it's funnnnnnn. :x

Yes, it is. And it's something that I expected to finally be fixed by V, but I'm very disappointed that it wasn't.

My only explanation is that it's on purpose to try to convey the difficulty of aiming a gun while driving a car through gameplay mechanics, but it sucks.

I guess they ran out of time. I am disappoint.

Derrick01

Banned
...and will end up being an inevitable shit storm for the first few days Im sure.

It's gonna be in the millions hopping on R* servers all at once. Yeah we'll see how that goes.

Dont get me wrong, Id like to see everything run smoothly, but with the sketchy iFruit app performance and messed up car saving system we will see.

There's no chance of it running smoothly. Their servers can't even handle the millions uploading screenshots or playtime stats.

jsnepo

The flight school just glitched on me. I already completed every lesson and got gold on all of them. I was supposed to get something for it but nothing happened. When I try to check the leaderboards, all the lessons from the helicopter down to the last one are not showing any medals. The game shows gold though. I tried to repeat one lesson and nothing happens.

Tawpgun

There's no chance of it running smoothly. Their servers can't even handle the millions uploading screenshots or playtime stats.

Who knows. The launches of games like CoD and Halo have online launches that are relatively smooth. I think they would have planned for there being a huge load.That being said, I do expect less than optimal performance.

The ifruit/social club glitches might not even be tied to server overloads.

DukeBobby

One of these (collectibles spoiler)
spaceship parts
is in a really, really stupid place.

Well, all of them are in stupid places, but this is the only one that I can't use a helicopter to get to.

LiquidMetal14

The thing is that they can't reasonably set up and pay for enough servers to accommodate the potential (and let's just hypothetically say) 5m+ users on October 1st. The reality is that the player counts will gradually taper off and plateau to a certain amount so Rockstar probably doesn't want to invest in tons of servers when that high demand is only going to be around for the initial run.

I know that GTA online is still popular to this day but it's probably not worth enough to have enough servers to accommodate a big launch like GTA Online.

It sounds really ambitious so I'm really excited to try it out. I just hope I can get into some games and mess around with the stuff they're talking about like creating your own experience or whatever the one video showed.

border

thanks! anyone concerned that online will not be as good as single in terms of polish?

I just don't see how the highly scripted multi-step heist sequences are going to work in a multiplayer environment. I suspect they'll call them heists but it will be more like "Go to a bank then kill several waves of cops."

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm almost exclusively a single player gamer, but all the stuff I'm hearing about GTA:O is making me more and more enthusiastic for October 1st.
Same here. This is going to be the first online game I properly play and devote time towards.

I just don't see how the highly scripted multi-step heist sequences are going to work in a multiplayer environment. I suspect they'll call them heists but it will be more like "Go to a bank then kill several waves of cops."
I think they're more properly suited for mutliplayer to be honest, in fact in some ways the single player character switching and crew recruiting seems like a placeholder for co-op friends.

How do you do this? I've been scoping out some good areas for GTA Online, and writing their location on a notepad.

Goto the map in game, then hover over the spot you want to mark - then press Y (on 360). It lists the correct button to press along the bottom edge of the map as well!

Eureka!

Franklin can shoot while driving in slow-motion. It's bullet time on wheels and makes shooting while driving infinitely easier.

Tell me about it. I like it as much as I hate it, if that makes sense. The most open world, hardcore thing in the game. Show's you how used to being fed info I am.

if you are talking about the bounty quests?
take a ride in the in the trolley car up the mountain..
I hope you can parachute.. after trying 7 times I just shot the guy, kept dying with the parachute
\
ps I have the guide book

One of these (collectibles spoiler)
spaceship parts
is in a really, really stupid place.

Well, all of them are in stupid places, but this is the only one that I can't use a helicopter to get to.

try a parachute
if you can figure out how to get the thing to work
I have most of the collectibles

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
What are the miscellaneous activities on the overall stats screen? I'm 44% through the game but my miscellaneous count is still at 0.

DukeBobby

What are the miscellaneous activities on the overall stats screen? I'm 44% through the game but my miscellaneous count is still at 0.

Full list (according to the guide)

50 Spaceship Parts
50 Letter Scraps
25 Under the Bridges
8 Knife Flights
Purchase 5 properties
Visit the cinema
Walk and play with Chop
Use a prostitute
Booty call (fill the Like meter with a woman from a strip club, and take her home)
Rob a shop
4 Friend activities (bar, strip club, movie and darts)

AngryMoth

Anyone know if there is a way to explore
the plane wreck? Ron mentions something about getting some diving gear at the end of that mission but I don't know where to find any

Top Bottom