• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Gaz_RB

I can't wait to get back into this game this afternoon. I have a lot of stuff I still need to do.

Oh, what property opens up the Taxi job, by the way? Or, is it not a property that you have to buy to do them? I want to try ittttttt and see if it's funnnnnnn. :x

You don't need to buy the property, just click in the left stick while driving a taxi!

Anyone know if there is a way to explore
the plane wreck? Ron mentions something about getting some diving gear at the end of that mission but I don't know where to find any

Exiting the submarine or a dinghy while in the water will give you diving gear

Andrew.

Banned
Anyone know if there is a way to explore
the plane wreck? Ron mentions something about getting some diving gear at the end of that mission but I don't know where to find any

Youll automatically equip diving gear if you hop into a mini submarine, much like youll get a parachute automatically when you get into a plane or helicopter.

Dave_6

Where exactly is the submarine? I'm ~70% done with the story and have no idea where it is. I want to go diving!

Andrew.

Banned
Where exactly is the submarine? I'm ~70% done with the story and have no idea where it is. I want to go diving!

You know the dockyard that Trevor can buy in the upper left part of the map on the coast? There is a sub and a dinghy both docked there.

Edit: beaten

DukeBobby

You have to buy the
Sonar Collections Dock.

I would also like to say that the submarine is one of the worst vehicles I've ever used in a game. It controls like ass and is extremely slow.

I can't wait to get back into this game this afternoon. I have a lot of stuff I still need to do.

Oh, what property opens up the Taxi job, by the way? Or, is it not a property that you have to buy to do them? I want to try ittttttt and see if it's funnnnnnn. :x

I can only assume it has to be the Taxi Cab company that Franklin can only buy in the Northern part of the city. Costs about 250k I believe?

Gaz_RB

You know the dockyard that Trevor can buy in the upper left part of the map on the coast? There is a sub and a dinghy both docked there.

Edit: beaten

Haha we are just too helpful, homie

Can you lift it with a cargobob to bring it to the lake? Tried to drive it there but got caught in shallow water.

That's a theory of mine, but I haven't tried it. You can drive it?

Derrick01

Banned
You can check the Checklist at Social Club. Its mostly Buy a hat or buy some clothes, pimp a car and so on.

Such a useful feature. I like how it almost instantly keeps up to date with your progress and fills the stuff you do out on the site so you know what you still need.

Finished the game. I loved all the characters, but the plot itself was pretty weak. It didn't have any of the emotional weight of GTA IV. But who really cares. Game was incredible. And there's a million things I still need to do.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Haha we are just too helpful, homie

That's a theory of mine, but I haven't tried it. You can drive it?

Went in the water. Also got stopped by the waterfall at the train bridge. Guessing you can't put it on a trailer. Tried stealing a cargobob because I didn't have the money to buy it but got murdered at the army base.

Gaz_RB

Went in the water. Also got stopped by the waterfall at the train bridge. Guessing you can't put it on a trailer. Tried stealing a cargobob because I didn't have the money to buy it but got murdered at the army base.

Yeah, the army base is ridiculous, I can't steal anything from there. I'll buy one when I get home and see if you can pick it up.

Mik2121

Got the game yesterday and aledy played some 14+ hours. I'm absolutely loving it.
One thing though... and it's not important, but it seems like we can't enter Burger Shot restaurants anymore?
I loved getting into one of those and grab some food. I guess what we have now is the convenience stores, or what?
As I said, only played 14 hours and ie been mostly doing some main and side missions and a little bit of free roaming, but I will go full on free roaming tomorrow.

DukeBobby

Got the game yesterday and aledy played some 14+ hours. I'm absolutely loving it.
One thing though... and it's not important, but it seems like we can't enter Burger Shot restaurants anymore?
I loved getting into one of those and grab some food. I guess what we have now is the convenience stores, or what?
As I said, only played 14 hours and ie been mostly doing some main and side missions and a little bit of free roaming, but I will go full on free roaming tomorrow.

Yes, there are just convenience stores now. They don't appear on the map, so they are a little hard to find.

You can also find vending machines if you need a quick health boost.

Alpende

You can buy snacks at a convenience store or buy a can of soda.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Goddamn i finished the game and looked afterwards at the outfits.

Why no firefighters outfit? :(

cdkee

Banned
After reading that money post on Reddit, damn. Looks like I'm going to have to start a new game. Not a problem though, I love the game :>

After reading that money post on Reddit, damn. Looks like I'm going to have to start a new game. Not a problem though, I love the game :>

Fortunately i've only done the first Lester mission. Will wait to do the rest until i have some serious coin in my pocket.

MormaPope

Banned
Has anyone else found or entered a random bank? I went into one in downtown Los Santos. I pointed a gun at the person in front and they just cowered in fear, in the backroom was the vault and a panel that looked like it needed to be blown up. This was right at the beginning of the game, so I had no explosives whatsoever.

MYeager

is there a stamina bar somewhere? Only time i notice health dropping is when the tooltip pops up.

btw: how do you know when there are new movies to watch? Or is each theater different?

Not sure what theater plays what movies and at what times. I mostly see Capolavoro playing (the surrealist one) and The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain. I've heard Meltdown plays at one of the theaters but I haven't seen it yet.

Alpende

Has anyone else found or entered a random bank? I went into one in downtown Los Santos. I pointed a gun at the person in front and they just cowered in fear, in the backroom was the vault and a panel that looked like it needed to be blown up. This was right at the beginning of the game, so I had no explosives whatsoever.

I did. But when I entered it was empty and I tried blowing up the vault with sticky bombs but that didn't do anything.

Andrew.

Banned
Goddamn i finished the game and looked afterwards at the outfits.

Why no firefighters outfit? :(

Yeah I was kinda bummed you dont get to keep outfits. I loved the Nicholson Cuckoos Nest hat that Trevor wears during the dockyard/Merryweather heist preparation. Sucks you dont get to keep it.

one-flew-over-the-cuckoo-s-nest-jack-nicholson-25481420-311-480.jpg

MormaPope

Banned
I did. But when I entered it was empty and I tried blowing up the vault with sticky bombs but that didn't do anything.

Did you aim for the vault door itself or the panel next to the door? Robbing banks early on in the game could be a really useful boost.

jsnepo

Just redid all the flight school lessons. Everything from the first helicopter down to the last stunt is not updating in the leaderboards. DAMN IT!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
These credits are long as hell.

Endgame Spoilers:
Option C, playas. Guess it's time to replay the end and see how the other options go.

dreamfall

Surfacing to say this game is blowing my mind!

Just completed the
Paleto Bay Heist
and I can't take all the awesomeness!

45 hours in, spent most of it wandering about. Game of forever!

pringles

shooting while driving is still awful. why is there no autoaim option for that? Think sleeping dogs did it best with slowmo.
I think it's fine the way it is, it should be difficult. Shooting while driving should be a last resort anyway, and online you're gonna want passengers to do the shooting.
I realize I'm in the minority though and most people want to be able to snipe headshots while going 150mph down a highway.

Gaz_RB

Don't worry about it. I'ts not like you have to click the threads.

Wasn't complaining, I've posted in them, just wondering.

Just completed the
Paleto Bay Heist

Glad to see you're enjoying it, homie!

Excited to play with you next week haha

todahawk

Yeah, the army base is ridiculous, I can't steal anything from there. I'll buy one when I get home and see if you can pick it up.

I steal jets pretty consistently now. I have one in my hangar :)

I go in the side entrance on the west side of the map (facing the ocean) and use a decently fast car. Once you get past the gate veer to the right and then make a hard left towards the first hangar. The doors are open so drive straight in... you'll be protected from gunfire for a bit. full thrust and pull up as soon as you clear the hangar doors... i've had to dodge a truck once or twice.

Question. If you replay the heists, can you also choose a new plan to execute for them? I really wanna go back and see how the other options play out.

cdkee

Banned
These credits are long as hell.

Endgame Spoilers:
Option C, playas. Guess it's time to replay the end and see how the other options go.

I don't know if I can bear to
even play through the other options. My wee heart wouldn't be able to handle it.

Marleyman

Banned

Just completed the
Paleto Bay Heist

My man; I just surfaced today only because I am at work haha. I am about 30+ hours in, haven't even done the second heist yet. Game of my LIFE.

Are you playing online w/ PS3 or 360?

Marleyman

Banned
I think it's fine the way it is, it should be difficult. Shooting while driving should be a last resort anyway, and online you're gonna want passengers to do the shooting.
I realize I'm in the minority though and most people want to be able to snipe headshots while going 150mph down a highway.

Not me; shooting should be damn hard as you are driving. I love it the way they did it.

Top Bottom