• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Hindle

Banned
Im about an hour into Trevor's missions.

And for me, he's the best character to come from Rockstar since Tommy Vercetti. I find Micheal and Franklyn to be generic and predictable so far, but Trevor is awesome.

Neiteio

iSslviJgrMgXu.png
LOL

I just retrieved the submarine, and MAN, emerging from the waters of the harbor at night, with the waves rolling and the lights reflecting off the water, is just INCREDIBLE. Like photorealistic incredible. Sweet jeebus.

dreamfall

My man; I just surfaced today only because I am at work haha. I am about 30+ hours in, haven't even done the second heist yet. Game of my LIFE.

Are you playing online w/ PS3 or 360?

Aha, Marleyman the legend! I'll be playing 360 brother, we definitely gotta crew up!

The game is so awesome- I can't even begin to describe some of the wild adventures that have had nothing to do with anything Story related. All these side activities also have been a great way to enjoy the ambitious scope of the game too!

todahawk

My man; I just surfaced today only because I am at work haha. I am about 30+ hours in, haven't even done the second heist yet. Game of my LIFE.

You're not shitting. I have spent soooo much time just driving around and as late flying. just flying and taking it all in. The only reason i've done missions is to unlock stuff and make money.

Spat_triate

I think it's fine the way it is, it should be difficult. Shooting while driving should be a last resort anyway, and online you're gonna want passengers to do the shooting.
I realize I'm in the minority though and most people want to be able to snipe headshots while going 150mph down a highway.

R* commitment to shitty controls is inexcusable. Why not let the player aim at will but add accuracy penalties to the character while driving or running? It doesn't have to be overtly bad to be difficult.

Marleyman

Banned
Aha, Marleyman the legend! I'll be playing 360 brother, we definitely gotta crew up!

The game is so awesome- I can't even begin to describe some of the wild adventures that have had nothing to do with anything Story related. All these side activities also have been a great way to enjoy the ambitious scope of the game too!

Yeah man, we will definitely be going on some crazy adventures!

Dead

well not really...yet
How do you start the bail bonds missions?

I met the chick who offered them, but I never got any sort of follow up message or any kind of icon on the map...

MBS

Banned
Full list (according to the guide)

50 Spaceship Parts
50 Letter Scraps
25 Under the Bridges
8 Knife Flights
Purchase 5 properties
Visit the cinema
Walk and play with Chop
Use a prostitute
Booty call (fill the Like meter with a woman from a strip club, and take her home)
Rob a shop
4 Friend activities (bar, strip club, movie and darts)

You don't have to complete all of them to get to 100%.

Marleyman

Banned
R* commitment to shitty controls is inexcusable. Why not let the player aim at will but add accuracy penalties to the character while driving or running? It doesn't have to be overtly bad to be difficult.

How would they do accuracy penalties? I think the way it is done gets the point across that shooting while driving like a maniac is hard.

Finally put some good time into this and got Trevor.

That guy is intense. I hate him with a passion, but at the same time I need to see what he's going to do next.

I had to watch something cheerful after playing GTA because I needed to clear my mind of Trevor. I can only handle him in small doses.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
For the first 10 hours or so this game a 7/10, but as I play more and more it's a very comfortable 9. Around 27 hours playtime so far according to in-game clock. Combined with GTA Online and future DLC I don't know if I will actually need another game on PS3 although I will try and make time for them.

Finally put some good time into this and got Trevor.

That guy is intense. I hate him with a passion, but at the same time I need to see what he's going to do next.

I had to watch something cheerful after playing GTA because I needed to clear my mind of Trevor. I can only handle him in small doses.

Trevor starts to rub off on you after a while, despite being the kind of guy who would literally rub off on you.

So, GTA:O has missions, right? It seems you meet characters, and even play out a story.

I mean, it pretty much sounds like Burnout in which there are tons of small missions to complete. It could add so much replay value to the game if the objectives are creative enough.

Willectro

Banned
I really enjoyed the game, but
the ending is the worst (I'm sure I'm not the first person post this). I had a huge amount of anticipation built up for what the ending might be, and instead it was like "Oh, you know those 3 guys you still have to deal with? They are outside right now, go shoot them. The End." It doesn't really hurt the overall game for me but I really expected more.

Are there any games that let you make notes and permanent markers on the in-game map?

Thinking about defacing my map by making notes for body armour, stashes, special vehicles etc

pringles

LOL

I just retrieved the submarine, and MAN, emerging from the waters of the harbor at night, with the waves rolling and the lights reflecting off the water, is just INCREDIBLE. Like photorealistic incredible. Sweet jeebus.
Yep, that shit had my jaw on the floor and was more impressive than anything I've seen of next-gen. Rockstar used a lot of black magic to get this running on 360/PS3.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Im about an hour into Trevor's missions.

And for me, he's the best character to come from Rockstar since Tommy Vercetti. I find Micheal and Franklyn to be generic and predictable so far, but Trevor is awesome.

If by best character since Tommy Vercetti you mean least likable then I agree. Trevor is a dick. He has no likeable qualities. I hate him. But that's ok. That's ok because Michael and Franklin are genuinely likeable. Trevor provides a nice.....contrast. He can be very entertaining and funny. He's still a dick and I still hate him. But like I said, that's ok because he isn't the only main character and he provides entertainment value, a good contrast to the other characters and better still things don't feel out of place when I cause mayhem with him.

I think if he was the only playable character I'd have felt Rockstar completely dropped the ball with making Trevor so unlikeable, but due to him simply being one of a trio I feel Trevor is a great addition. I've got the other 2 characters to like. I've got Trevor to laugh at and cause mayhem with.

LOL

Being in the sub brings me the peaceful yet imposing feels, similar to Leviathan in ME2 and looking out of the windows in Rapture

I want more underwater stuff in games

Tawpgun

Can people tag their spoilers a better? I know some of us are only partly into the game so some spoilers are safe and others aren't.

Almost had the ending spoiled

DukeBobby

LOL

My only issue is that the framerate is terrible when you resurface.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, GTA:O has missions, right? It seems you meet characters, and even play out a story.

I mean, it pretty much sounds like Burnout in which there are tons of small missions to complete. It could add so much replay value to the game if the objectives are creative enough.

What it sounds like, yeah. I hope for TONS of Heist-like missions. I'd pay top dollar for Heist Mission DLC.

Seik

Banned
Who was I to say I would wait for buying it? I just fucking bought it yesterday because this game just deserves to be bought.

It only needed two sessions of me watching friends play and I was sold.

10 hours in already and this is the best GTA ever imo, wow. I understand its outstanding success now.

b0neshank

Banned
I have to be in the minority, but I just can't get into this game. None of the characters are likable people and the game is basically a 3rd person Sims game with illegal activities. The driving mechanics are horrible, the combat isn't good, and you play just bad people doing bad things. The game play itself I guess for me just isn't very fun. The entire time I was playing this I found myself day dreaming about State of Decay in a world this size with this detail.

MYeager

How would they do accuracy penalties? I think the way it is done gets the point across that shooting while driving like a maniac is hard.

Saint's Row 2 added cruise control, which made it a lot easier to drive and free aim in a way that also works within the context of the setting. They should've straight up lifted that, especially since cars aren't much of a factor in SR anymore.

Marleyman

Banned
Saint's Row 2 added cruise control, which made it a lot easier to drive and free aim in a way that also works within the context of the setting. They should've straight up lifted that, especially since cars aren't much of a factor in SR anymore.

They definitely could have.

torontoml

So I just finished for the second time, waited until the end to complete most of the assassination missions. So now each character has just over $100 million, anyone know how I can properly invest my money so I could potentially purchase that golf course? Will it likely take to long to see a reasonable return on my investment?

Geez, there are so many GTA V threads going on right now... I thought the OT was here for a reason.

I don't mind that they're spread around a bit. As it is the thread moves so fast most of my questions or questions asked by other people that I want to know the answer to go unread and unanswered.

I have to be in the minority, but I just can't get into this game. None of the characters are likable people and the game is basically a 3rd person Sims game with illegal activities. The driving mechanics are horrible, the combat isn't good, and you play just bad people doing bad things. The game play itself I guess for me just isn't very fun. The entire time I was playing this I found myself day dreaming about State of Decay in a world this size with this detail.

There's another thread for you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=682005

lil smoke

Banned
I'm not excited at all for online.

Not too fond of the online gamers crowd, I'm too old for that shit, so it kinda sucks that they put this much effort into MP, where there are some gaping holes in SP.

Little disappointed that when you buy the bar in that town on the northern most point of the map, that you can't then enter the bar or anything. Kind of a letdown.

Feorax

I've been enjoying the world and the characters a gread deal so far, but I have to say, the pacing for the past 3 hours or so has been piss poor. I've just completed
the bank robbery for the FIB
and I feel like I've done fuck all to progress the story. Based on what I've heard from other people, I should be towards the back end of the story, but I feel like I'm nowhere near, and I'm concerned it's going to be a rushed affair.

For as much shit as GTA 4 got, it's pacing was so much better and felt so much more natural than what I've experienced in 5.

Top Bottom