• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

You can't vault over cover or even switch between cover though. It blows my mind how anyone can actually like the cover system. Everything about the cover system is clunky

I disagree with that. I think the cover system is smooth and the transitions are awesome.

I also think people having trouble with the way the aiming handles maybe using the LT too much. A lot of the times I just use the hip fire. Max Payne 3 style.

So guys, what's the deal with properties? They all seem ridiculously overpriced. I just bought that towing impound business, thinking it would be cool since you actually have to do some missions to unlock it, but apparently all it does is giving me $500 per car towed. That means I would have to two 300 cars to make my investment back.

What the fuck. Rockstar.

I just liked the emergent gameplay of trust from GTA freemode. You could team up with a random and roll together... or you could join another group of people and fuck their shit from the inside.
oh I agree I like the sense of freedom that freemode gives us it just if your not playing with friends 7 times outta 10 your prolly gonna get double crossed

but i suppose that's what makes it exciting

scy

So guys, what's the deal with properties? They all seem ridiculously overpriced. I just bought that towing impound business, thinking it would be cool since you actually have to do some missions to unlock it, but apparently all it does is giving me $500 per car towed. That means I would have to two 300 cars to make my investment back.

What the fuck. Rockstar.

Certainly glamorizes the heist payouts a bit more :x

Tawpgun

oh I agree I like the sense of freedom that freemode gives us it just if your not playing with friends 7 times outta 10 your prolly gonna get double crossed

but i suppose that's what makes it exciting

I actually trusted most randoms and it was fine. Maybe 3/10 betrayed me.

Moze

Banned
I disagree with that. I think the cover system is smooth and the transitions are awesome.

I also think people having trouble with the way the aiming handles maybe using the LT too much. A lot of the times I just use the hip fire. Max Payne 3 style.

How do you switch between cover? When you want to run ahead to another cover spot, how do you vault over cover?

Honestly not sure if i am missing something.

tranciful

What the fuck. Rockstar.

Yeah... earning money is hard outside of missions. Car scrapyard income model is neat -- you get $150 for each car destroyed in the game. But to beat the weed shop property's $9k revenue, you'd need to blow up over 60 cars a week.

Robbing convenient stores is neat and pretty fun, but why bother when you only walk away with a few hundred bucks?

Going to try the armored car soon. Hopefully those are lucrative.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah... earning money is hard outside of missions. Car scrapyard income model is neat -- you get $150 for each car destroyed in the game. But to beat the weed shop property's $9k revenue, you'd need to blow up over 60 cars a week.

Robbing convenient stores is neat and pretty fun, but why bother when you only walk away with a few hundred bucks?

Generally I got around $4k - $5k from armoured cars. Not too bad.

gtav_shot005122412_1280.jpg

Has anyone found that coat Franklin's wearing in that colour? The only ones I've found are camo ones.

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_109.jpg

And where do you find this bandana for Trevor?

$150,000 is a scam though, who the hell would tow 300 cars? I wouldn't even do it for real money, it's boring as hell. And that's only to recoup the initial investment. Properties are nice in concept but the way they're implemented is just broken, there is no point in buying most of them.

Arcteryx

Are the drug trafficking side missions that come with buying the airfield early on worth the investment?

I would say no. You're better off taking that early cash and investing it into some of the stock options you get early on. Later on it's a pretty fun activity, but definitely not worth the reward level(only like $5-7000 for a 5+ minute activity).

The most lucrative little side missions seem to be the armored cars: I normally get anywhere from $4-7500 for them. If you use a fast bike and have routes pre-planned(GPS ftw) you can basically lose your wanted level within less than a minute. I zipped around the island last night just doing the armored cars marked on the Social Club site and netted like $50,000 in less than 30 minutes.

cdkee

Banned
You have no problem with cover? Really? I find that hard to believe

The cover system and invisible crosshairs make free aiming a chore. The fact your character dies after a few shots does no help either

I actually refuse to believe you went through the whole game without frustration while using free aim.

I went through the entire game on free aim. Didn't get frustrated at all. There were only maybe 3 instances where I had to repeat a mission/section more than twice.

Has there been any talk of the 100% checklist being glitched? My "Miscellaneous Events" bar has been at 3/16 for a looong time, but checking my Rockstar Social Club page shows that I've done 12 of them. Do only certain events count towards the 16? I hope so, because I'll be quite displeased if I can't get the 100% achievement!

Anybody have a link to youtube or otherwise for the song "I just want things to stay the same" that gets played on Blaine County community radio? That song cracks me up.

That and the Cumulo-Nimbus cloud computing commercial.

Been trying to find clips of both to no avail. My Google-fu is weak this day.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Has anyone found that coat Franklin's wearing in that colour? The only ones I've found are camo ones.

I think the jacket Trevor has on in the first pic is from the Collectors Edition so that might be the same for Franklin. I have no idea about the bandana though I can't find it anywhere for Trevor. :-\

skynidas

Banned
Has there been any talk of the 100% checklist being glitched? My "Miscellaneous Events" bar has been at 3/16 for a looong time, but checking my Rockstar Social Club page shows that I've done 12 of them. Do only certain events count towards the 16? I hope so, because I'll be quite displeased if I can't get the 100% achievement!

Yeah, only certain events count for the 100% checklist.

It might be in the collector's edition only. Try to go to all the different clothing shops too. Maybe at the discount shop in Blaine County. I know I have it in my inventory. I had Franklin wearing it the other day.

tranciful

So what's the deal with the random blue blips on the radar where it's just some guy talking. So far I've found a
crazy white guy, crazy black guy, and Impotent Rage (comic book hero guy)
. They just talk.. I originally found
Impotent Rage
with
Franklin
, but I brought
Trevor
there because he's the fan. Still the same thing -- just talks. I punch him to see what happens and he dropped and hasn't respawned yet :(

Arcteryx

So what's the deal with the random blue blips on the radar where it's just some guy talking. So far I've found a
crazy white guy, crazy black guy, and Impotent Rage (comic book hero guy)
. They just talk.. I originally found
Impotent Rage
with
Franklin
, but I brought
Trevor
there because he's the fan. Still the same thing. I punch him to see what happens and he dropped and hasn't respawned yet :(

Just random little events I think. I ran into some
old movie star lady and she asked if I wanted to see her muff lol

paischtu

Neo Member
Stupid question concerning after the end - Seriously, don't read if you haven't finished it.
I killed Trevor ( yea I know :( ) Just wanted to ask how we are supposed to buy properties/complete strangers with the people we killed? Will they come back or do I have to start a new game?

$150,000 is a scam though, who the hell would tow 300 cars? I wouldn't even do it for real money, it's boring as hell. And that's only to recoup the initial investment. Properties are nice in concept but the way they're implemented is just broken, there is no point in buying most of them.

My characters have between 500k and 1.5 mil in the bank I'm around mission 35 ish and I look at that money and what I can spend it on and just say... nah, buying and saving cars are broken, most properties are overpriced and can't see the point of spending such large amounts of money with such a small return.

I spend most of money on weapons.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I'm waiting for the final tow truck mission to show up but it hasn't yet. I've looked at the guide and it says that a T? icon should show up on the map? I've advanced the game clock but still nothing. Hope it hasn't glitched :(

I actually trusted most randoms and it was fine. Maybe 3/10 betrayed me.

not surprising my luck is terrible when it comes to online gaming I remember I was in freeroam in gta 4 and I got sent a party chat invite which was used as a decoy so they could kill me and take my car. I joined the party full of kids of course after a while one of them said I sounded black I said I was then spent the next half hour being called every racial slur they could thing of before getting kick outta the party for rising to the N-word bait.

todahawk

Are the drug trafficking side missions that come with buying the airfield early on worth the investment?

You can fly a plane and do two fairly quick drops for $7k or drive the dune buggy for $5k. I do them more because I love flying rather than the cash. Easily worth it IMHO

I've forgotten what having money is like. Seems like I just keep doing missions for jack and shit, and sometimes both.

So many unpaid missions.

Yeah, I hear that. My big goal was to get Trevor up to enough money so I could buy MacKenzie airfield so I could have more room for the planes and choppers I've been stealing.

Discovered at the helipad I had a special vehicle stored I wasn't aware of. You can toggle through other choppers. I thought I had lost my fighter and my transport chopper at one point but I drove away and came back and they were there.

I've been stealing most what I want. Used Trevor to dive for cash off the coast for a bit $12k a pop and there's a case near the western mtns that's supposed to have $25k.

tranciful

Is there anyway to transfer money between the 3 characters?

Don't think so.

I'm also curious if there's a way to transfer cars between characters. I know Michael's garage won't open for Franklin (though I didn't try going through the house). Strip club has open parking spots but I haven't tested them yet.

In Online previews it sounded like you could equip bandana's on your character to drop a star level after robbing a place... can you do that? If so, how?

Lima

Is there anyway to transfer money between the 3 characters?

No.

Which is kinda stupid. Why do all the work with including ATM's and bank accounts if you can't even transfer money? All you can do is check your balance and see the last eleven transactions.

I really wish that every character had the "slow down time" power while you're driving your car. I know he's "The Driver" of the group, but it's such a lifesaving power IMO and really saves me from a LOT of frustration in the majority of missions (since so many depend on driving).

I don't even get the point of slowing down time in the shoot outs, it just seems unnecessary. Maybe if you could dive and stuff like in Max Payne, but as it is it doesn't do me nearly as much good as the driving power.

megalowho

The in-game economy seems to function as commentary first and a path to riches second, something I grew to really enjoy over the course of the game. Lost most of Michael's take from the first big heist because I didn't understand the stock market, a dumb move that felt in character and didn't actually impede my progress in the long run. You earn plenty via story missions to buy all of the smaller things you'd want, which lets them play around with the role of big cash values in the narrative a bit more. Makes for less fun empire building, but probably better storytelling.

The missions with a colored bar to the left of the picture are the ones that count.

tranciful

I really wish that every character had the "slow down time" power while you're driving your car. I know he's "The Driver" of the group, but it's such a lifesaving power IMO and really saves me from a LOT of frustration in the majority of missions (since so many depend on driving).

I don't even get the point of slowing down time in the shoot outs, it just seems unnecessary. Maybe if you could dive and stuff like in Max Payne, but as it is it doesn't do me nearly as much good as the driving power.

Michael's shooting skill comes in handy when you want to snipe heli pilots etc. But yeah, I like Franklin's driving skill the best so I'm investing most into him (properties etc).

My characters have between 500k and 1.5 mil in the bank I'm around mission 35 ish and I look at that money and what I can spend it on and just say... nah, buying and saving cars are broken, most properties are overpriced and can't see the point of spending such large amounts of money with such a small return.

I spend most of money on weapons.

I invested heavily into Ammunation stock.....please keep buying weapons. Hahaha.

Michael's shooting skill comes in handy when you want to snipe heli pilots etc. But yeah, I like Franklin's driving skill the best so I'm investing most into him (properties etc).

my frank has shit shooting but he can spray and pray down most ranged guys with ease.

This game ain't alpha protocol or fallout or something that your shoot stat matters much haha.

So you can only store planes that can fit in the hangar? I guess you can't store a 747 :(

Top Bottom