• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I think the jacket Trevor has on in the first pic is from the Collectors Edition so that might be the same for Franklin. I have no idea about the bandana though I can't find it anywhere for Trevor. :-

Nah, it's not his SE outfit. I know because I have it. Do the different branches of the same store have varying colours? It seems all 3 Ponsonby's have the exact same inventory, though I'm not sure about the others.

tranciful

So what are the best properties to buy?

Properties that get you vehicles would be my main priority. I already own the NW docks.

Los Santos Customs is nice because you can take cars there and max out the upgrades for free (think only Franklin can own it)

Cab Company is also nice because you can get free fast travel.

my frank has shit shooting but he can spray and pray down most ranged guys with ease.

This game ain't alpha protocol or fallout or something that your shoot stat matters much haha.

So you can only store planes that can fit in the hangar? I guess you can't store a 747 :(

The hanger can fit a jet.
0_0.jpg

Andrew.

Banned
So what are the best properties to buy?

Properties that get you vehicles would be my main priority. I already own the NW docks.

The cab company isnt a bad choice early on. Franklin gets free cab rides, VIP missions are cool and taxi missions by themselves are pretty fun when you add in F's slo motion driving ability.

Why would they do what they did to the helicopter controls? This is so wobbly and bad.

Coming off of purely plane flight, this feels like it was designed by a different team. GTAIV helicopters felt great.

Gaz_RB

Tried to buy a shamal as Trevor, hut it said it wouldn't fit in the hangar.

Also, apparently there's a possibility that Rockstar will have money DLC, which would explain why it's difficult to come by in the game. Dick move if true.

Where'd you hear that? Sounds like a stupid idea

The Golf Course could very well also be in response to the oft-made complaint with most open world games that you have nothing to spend your money on. "Well, here, buy this thing that cost $1.5m. Have fun."

Haven't gotten a reply.

Related, where do I find the Children of the Mountains? Spent a lot of money joining on their website for what seems like a dead end..

I think that someone might have thought that was like an ethiopian money scam. Could be wrong though, but I thought I read somewhere about that.

Why would they do what they did to the helicopter controls? This is so wobbly and bad.

Coming off of purely plane flight, this feels like it was designed by a different team. GTAIV helicopters felt great.

I'm fucking terrible at flying the chopper. The plane wasn't too bad (minus the fact that you can't accelerate and bank right at the same time unless you use your middle and index fingers) but I can't for the life of my figure out the chopper. I can get by in missions but it's definitely not pretty.

duckroll

So there is website in game for online dating has anyone gotten a reply ? It cost 500$ to join lol

No reply here either. I think Michael got scammed.

Franklin wasted like 15k on the Children of the Mountain thing earlier too, and I don't think anything unlocked.

These fucking internet scams are getting out of hand!

Tried to buy a shamal as Trevor, hut it said it wouldn't fit in the hangar.

Also, apparently there's a possibility that Rockstar will have money DLC, which would explain why it's difficult to come by in the game. Dick move if true.

You might have to buy the hanger by the airport for that vehicle. Also...I don't think money is hard to come by in the game at all. Do heists. Play the stock market. Rob armored cars. And clean up pollution underwater with the submarine. You will make bank.

Piggus

Picked up these yesterday...

9004558004_93835f5614_z.jpg

Absolutely love them. I know you can get the regular Pulse Elites for a lot less but I'm a sucker for anything GTA branded. In person they're really awesome looking. The sides where the V logo are are actually gloss black instead of the brushed/textured look in that pic. The virtual surround works really well but best of all they're just really convenient. No need to mess with my receiver or in-game settings. It just switches to the headphones when I turn them on.

Franklin wasted like 15k on the Children of the Mountain thing earlier too, and I don't think anything unlocked.

Yeah I was hoping it would of been legit and acted similar to how gay tony when you got cellphone numbers and pictures from girls you danced with

MYeager

Does the return on property investments happen in game time or real world time? I own two properties and have only received payment twice.

Hip Hop

wow, apparently if you buy the Los Santos Customs shop, you will receive upgrades for free. I did not know of this, it would've saved me so much money.

cormack12

Gold Member
Does anyone know how to join the cult? I've gone to the URL in game and on my laptop.

Spoiler about mission relating to cult:

I have dropped a victim off there and left them if that makes a difference.

duckroll

Yeah I was hoping it would of been legit and acted similar to how gay tony when you got cellphone numbers and pictures from girls you danced with

That stuff is still in the game. You can get strippers in the strip club as sex contacts, and there are also some random encounters who can turn into sex friends. Seems like the website is preys on people who want to look for a fast easy option. Lulz.

You might have to buy the hanger by the airport for that vehicle. Also...I don't think money is hard to come by in the game at all. Do heists. Play the stock market. Rob armored cars. And clean up pollution underwater with the submarine. You will make bank.

The stock market only really has an effect after the assassination missions, though. Otherwise, they seem to barely move. Bawsaq seems bugged as well ATM. Invested money into Ammunation, and it went back and forth between staying at the same share price and dropping to 0.

Overall, it's not impossible to make money, but it's noticeably harder than in the previous games.

tranciful

I think that someone might have thought that was like an ethiopian money scam. Could be wrong though, but I thought I read somewhere about that.

But isn't there a trophy for delivering someone to the mountain people? Thought I'd read that. I assumed there were actually people on one of the mountains and the membership would lead me straight to them :(

edit: guess I was thinking of this one: Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult. Is that a different cult?

What's this rumour about online having 32 players? I cant link on my phone but supposedly someone looked at files and found 32 players for certain elements.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I wish you could just slowly buy up all the foreclosures and other for-sale properties you see around town, start accumulating rent from a bunch of smaller places so it really adds up.

if you choose to only play part of the game, that's your fault. there's a thing called a friends list. both systems have it.

you fill it with people who aren't assholes and then you play with them. that's how life works

It's not about the "social" part.it's that the integration is terrible. Their services are dysfunctional.

The stock market only really has an effect after the assassination missions, though. Otherwise, they seem to barely move. Bawsaq seems bugged as well ATM. Invested money into Ammunation, and it went back and forth between staying at the same share price and dropping to 0.

Overall, it's not impossible to make money, but it's noticeably harder than in the previous games.

Also buy the junk yard and start blowing up a bunch of cars. This will increase the revenue you make from it.

Sorian

Banned
But isn't there a trophy for delivering someone to the mountain people? Thought I'd read that. I assumed there were actually people on one of the mountains and the membership would lead me straight to them :(

edit: guess I was thinking of this one: Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.

There are. The achievement is related to a cult that Trevor deals with. Whenever he picks up a hitchhiker, he can either bring them to their destination (objective) or the cult (map marker that looks like an A).

edit: guess I was thinking of this one: Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult. Is that a different cult?

yeah they are different, and it's awesome.

Find a random stranger w/ Trevor. And choose where to bring them.

That stuff is still in the game. You can get strippers in the strip club as sex contacts, and there are also some random encounters who can turn into sex friends. Seems like the website is preys on people who want to look for a fast easy option. Lulz.

Yeah I guess so I just assumed using the money online actually did stuff other the what I was already known

I'm fucking terrible at flying the chopper. The plane wasn't too bad (minus the fact that you can't accelerate and bank right at the same time unless you use your middle and index fingers) but I can't for the life of my figure out the chopper. I can get by in missions but it's definitely not pretty.

I really don't like the helo controls. I can see myself getting used to it, but there's SO much over-correcting going on here because a slight nudge on the stick sends the thing into a frenzy. It was great in GTAIV. I have no idea why they messed with it.

And the plane would feel a lot better if the rudders were on the right stick. Then you'd never have to struggle with pressing 2 of the same side trigger buttons which feels bad on either console.

so whats the difference between the 2nd and 3rd tier for prostitutes? Both seems like cowboy action.

At this point why not just add the old hot coffee minigame thing?

has there been any news stories of GTAV destroying the kids? Don't see fox news freaking about the whole torture stuff oddly enough ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
can it fit the giant jumbo jet at the airport though?

will try later. i always seem to die trying to get the plane up, stupid cops shooting out an engine.

I tried landing the jumbo, but it clipped something, probably a tree or a rock. INSTANT DEATH

duckroll

Whats the difference between BAWSAQ and LSN?

The LSN market is driven by events and actions in your game only. Story progression, what sort of damage you're causing in your game, etc. BAWSAQ is tied to the Social Club, and the stock in it move based on overall actions tracked across all players. Kinda like World Tendency in Demon's Souls but on a much, much wider scale.

Sec0nd

I just finished the Yoga mission. Started of really slow and boring but holy fucking shit lol.
Spacing out and flying through the city is one of the best moments of the game! Jeez, the smile on my face...!

Spazznid

so whats the difference between the 2nd and 3rd tier for prostitutes? Both seems like cowboy action.

At this point why not just add the old hot coffee minigame thing?

has there been any news stories of GTAV destroying the kids? Don't see fox news freaking about the whole torture stuff oddly enough ;)

No clue, but when I paid for three tier 3 from one in a row, she said we should hang out more, and then left. Never got a contact or anything, but the T2 and 3 looked the same to me, too.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Spoil me.

At what point do I encounter this cult?

Not much of a spoiler unless there's more to come later. I'm about half done the main missions.
Just pick up stranger/freaks at the ? marks as Trevor. I've encountered two so far, where they tell you they need to get to some place and the game tells you that Trevor is also able to drop them off at the cult instead. I always go to the cult :)

I think one of these guys was around pretty early on in getting Trevor.

Top Bottom