• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I think my game is bugged. I'm at like 74% done now and I haven't seen a single race mission since the first one, and that one is no longer available on the map. I've tried calling Hao but get no answer.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I wish the police tracking you down was just a little more believable. I was in a high-speed chase in the city, when I hit a wall and the game completely glitched, sending me and my car to the edge of the map, waaaaay out in the water. I was free from the police for maybe ten seconds, then sure enough, they magically figured out exactly where I had teleported to and killed me there.

It's the same when they figure out exactly which building you climbed, even though you did it out of sight. Very annoying.

Con_Smith

Banned
I really enjoyed Trevor as a character, but man I despise him. I was almost considering
killing him end game just because I feel uncomfortable letting such a danger to society live lol.
. Team Michael or Franklin all the way. Oddly enough Franklin, despite being a gang buster or whatever, is the most sane and decent of the lot of them.

Black gang banger is the most reasonable.

Female is best hacker

The most psychotic character is Canadian.

MYeager

Anyone ever switch over to Trevor and he's cruising on one of those Faggio scooters?

"We're scooter brothers! Scooooooter brothersssss!"

I did that, shot the other guy off of his scooter and for some reason that cause Trevor to repeat Scoooooooter Brotherssssss. Laughed my ass off.

Hystzen

Best I seen from Trevor switches is him standing over a couple on the beach then saying "heyyy" dead seedy to the young girl. Also waking up drunk in somebodies house in Vinewood Hills in his underwear

Double D

I'm guessing I killed (GTA4 Cameo spoiler)
Packie
. Was he the one who was with another dude robbing some place or in a gunfight or something and needed a ride? I picked the dudes up and happened to be in a pickup truck. One guy fell out of the back and I stopped to pick him up, then the other guy got out of the car and they both died. I guess that's that.

Does anyone know if this game has less cars than in GTAIV?

I think GTAIV had like 120 unique cars & this games feels like it repeats a lot of the same cars a lot more.

There might be some bad coding as well, because sometimes I see super rare car that rarely spawns & all of a sudden there is like a dozen of them on the road within blocks of each other.

Arcteryx

Oh man, that Chakra talkshow is TOO fucking funny. I almost pissed myself laughing so hard this morning when he was yelling at the female host about public radio, rain sticks, and molesting dolphins.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So about that scuba diving side mission as Michael.

Did I do something wrong or is 10 dollars and a boring cutscene the only reward for completely that long ass mission? I killed her as she walked away because letting her walk would have been even worse, but I don't really find that a satisfactory end.

I don't really see the point for the developers to screw you over like that. It only makes me pissed off at the game and I don't think that's something the developers should strive for. They should at least have saved that joke for a mission that was somewhat fun to do at least.

Except I guess they did put that exact same thing into a bunch of other story missions and side missions, like the Beverly one, but that string of missions was at least a lot of fun. Which even raises further questions why they went that way to end that mission since that end has already been used, unless I messed up and there was some other way to get my money.

Double D

Not sure exactly what it is I'm looking at in that picture up there, but I'm getting spoilery vibes from it. And I don't like it.

RSG_GTAV_Screenshot_109.jpg

And where do you find this bandana for Trevor?

Bandanas exists.
I think they might be part of an outfit or unlocked at the end of the game?

Joeki11a

Banned
Why you cant go eat in Burger Shot?

Sometimes it feels like Rockstar made this

Game with a whole new template and just

Meshed bunch of assets together

Max Payne 3( characters/cinematic) LA Noire(car graphics/level of scale),Red Dead (enviroment/lighting)

and Only a less accelerated Euphoria engine experience came over from GTA4, this game is sooo different than GTA4.

Did anyone find any fragments from the space ship that hillbilly told me about?

Didnt find anything...matter of fact I didnt find ANY collectibles during the game.
Are there any?

kris.

Banned

I think GTAIV had like 120 unique cars & this games feels like it repeats a lot of the same cars a lot more.

There might be some bad coding as well, because sometimes I see super rare car that rarely spawns & all of a sudden there is like a dozen of them on the road within blocks of each other.

IGN lists 257 unique vehicles.
So I'd say yes.

Double D

I'm pretty sure this is a thing in every open world game ever made.

tranciful

Ok I'm never using the Microsoft Store again. They already screwed me over once before and this clinched it.

The 1600 pts pre-order bonus isn't an actual code for the points to redeem on Live. It's a coupon code that you enter on their site to order a physical points card to be mailed to you. No big deal, right? Except the hundreds of thousands of people that likely ordered from there that all get their coupon code at the same time tend to make physical versions of things sell out quickly.

Now I get to wait til God knows when for them to get back in stock only for the next wave of people to snag them up in the blink of an eye. I'm so tired of the shenanigans on that site.

...Microsoft wants you to spend money in their digital store, to get digital points, that they mail to your physical address, so you can enter a code on their digital store, to get digital points..?

serious lack of japanese cars for a game approximating LA.

rjcc

where is this cult Trevor can take people to? and can I take these border patrol guys there?

it pops up on the map when you stop to pick up one of the people that can b taken there. oddly, I saw a stream where someone picked up a drunk guy as trevor and took him there, but I did it as franklin and there was no option to drop him off at the cult.

tranciful

This is by design, though I think they need to tweak it so it's less in your face. The logic is that if you're driving a car, you might wreck it and want a replacement. It also means fewer cars need to be stored in RAM at that given time.

Double D

it pops up on the map when you stop to pick up one of the people that can b taken there. oddly, I saw a stream where someone picked up a drunk guy as trevor and took him there, but I did it as franklin and there was no option to drop him off at the cult.

You have to initiate that sequence of missions first, though the internet. The part I'm about to spoil its just how to start these missions, no real spoilers per se.
Search for "Epsilon" on the "Internet". Click on the link. Fill out the questionnaire. Wait for a new question mark to appear on the map.

Picked up these yesterday...

9004558004_93835f5614_z.jpg

Absolutely love them. I know you can get the regular Pulse Elites for a lot less but I'm a sucker for anything GTA branded. In person they're really awesome looking. The sides where the V logo are are actually gloss black instead of the brushed/textured look in that pic.

I find it funny that GTAV mocked this in their own game.
With a radio commercial on the game's radio about " buying cheap headphones endorsed by a rapper for outrageous prices".
Speaking of which, exactly how much did the headphones cost?

GrayGrey

Neo Member
I find it funny that GTAV mocked this in their own game.
With a radio commercial on the game's radio about " buying cheap headphones endorsed by a rapper for outrageous prices".
Speaking of which, exactly how much did the headphones cost?

I think they were mocking Dr Dre's Beats. Which is funny because his music is featured in the game.

tranciful

What are your guys thoughts on cars logic being different?

In GTAV, if you get your car stuck upside down (which is even harder to do now that we have air control), you can just roll it back over.

Air control conflicts a little bit with trying to use your front tires to put all 4 tires back on the ground. If you're tilting to the right but have two wheels on the ground, you'd want to steer right to get the car to level out -- but tilting right when air controls have influence means you rotate farther right...

Exploding cars is harder -- they don't always seem to progress to 'on fire' with the inevitable explosion. Instead, your car is more likely to be disabled due to messed up tires.

I forget how it was in GTAIV, but in the older 3D games if you got your car stuck upside down it'd catch fire and eventually blow up. I notice cars in GTAV can catch fire and... the fire goes out (though if you use the jerry can or other weapons and ignite a car, it seems to blow it up).

I think I miss the old way. GTAV is too forgiving in this respect, but I guess that's due to now being able to customize cars so they need more permanence.

cdkee

Banned
I really wish that every character had the "slow down time" power while you're driving your car. I know he's "The Driver" of the group, but it's such a lifesaving power IMO and really saves me from a LOT of frustration in the majority of missions (since so many depend on driving).

I don't even get the point of slowing down time in the shoot outs, it just seems unnecessary. Maybe if you could dive and stuff like in Max Payne, but as it is it doesn't do me nearly as much good as the driving power.

I found Michael's power super useful in shootouts. I'd just run in, slow down, and headshot four guys then run away.

The LSN market is driven by events and actions in your game only. Story progression, what sort of damage you're causing in your game, etc. BAWSAQ is tied to the Social Club, and the stock in it move based on overall actions tracked across all players. Kinda like World Tendency in Demon's Souls but on a much, much wider scale.

Is this why my stock of ifruit hasn't gone up even though I did the assassination mission for it's rival company for Lester?
Bought stock of it, immediately after the mission & I have lost money on it ever since.
In fact facade's stock didn't seem to go down.

I spent all my money on that stock across all three of my characters!

...Microsoft wants you to spend money in their digital store, to get digital points, that they mail to your physical address, so you can enter a code on their digital store, to get digital points..?

Bingo.

If it was some other site I could understand not having a digital code option, but jesus christ they're the ones who invented these stupid points and made the console that redeems them yet they couldn't just email me a code?

The last time I dealt with the MS Store was when they had the $5 1200pts promotion. I ordered multiples to take advantage of the deal and only got a code for one. I contacted customer support and they said the TOS indicate it was only one per customer. That's cool, I didn't read the fine print and that's on me...but they still charged my card for the other orders I placed. I asked them why they charged me for the other orders if they couldn't fulfill them and why didn't they just cancel them? The customer service rep had no answer for me other than "that's our policy" and then redirected me to three other people to help get my money back til I eventually gave up and called my credit card company.

I really think I'm done with MS after this gen. Sony is no treat in the customer service department either but straight up stealing money from me? Come on MS...

Anyway, back on topic. Trevor rules.

You have to initiate that sequence of missions first, though the internet. The part I'm about to spoil its just how to start these missions, no real spoilers per se.
Search for "Epsilon" on the "Internet". Click on the link. Fill out the questionnaire. Wait for a new question mark to appear on the map.

i didn't do anything to initiate the cult drop off and i was given the option to drop off the cheating husband (which i did lol)

is it just me or the LS customs thing on the ios app terrible? It doesn't have all the options available, and you can't even preview how the car is gonna look.

Cob32

So my gf was playing and she had a prostitute in the car an was getting a service in an alley. Anyway, another car suddenly drives in front of her car and stops and i'm thinking what the fuck. Turns out it was another man with a prostitute in his car. Both cars were rocking in this one spot. I couldn't believe it.

Didn't get a proper look at the other driver to see if it was another of the main characters.

Top Bottom