• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

I have a quick question friends.

What does GTAV does "new" in the sandbox genre/games in general? Is the character-swapping new at all, or is it done in other games?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Did anyone find any fragments from the space ship that hillbilly told me about?

Didnt find anything...matter of fact I didnt find ANY collectibles during the game.
Are there any?

Yeah! The only collectibles I've uncovered are scraps of a letter (50 total) scattered around some points of interest across the map. Apparently collecting them all reveals the secret of someone's murder.

Fucking spoilers, I knew it would happen at some point in this thread given enough fucking time.

Anyway, anyone else lost their Blimp contact?

I used it, now its gone, seems odd unless its tied to the Social Club, in which case, that explains it.

duckroll

Is this why my stock of ifruit hasn't gone up even though I did the assassination mission for it's rival company for Lester?
Bought stock of it, immediately after the mission & I have lost money on it ever since.
In fact facade's stock didn't seem to go down.

I spent all my money on that stock across all three of my characters!

Errrr. For the Lester missions you're usually supposed to buy the stock during the mission, not after you beat it. Once you beat the mission, the stock gets automatically manipulated. The only exception is one of the missions where you're supposed to buy the stock after the mission because it tanks, before it goes back up again.

Late game heist spoiler question:
the union depository
isn't connected to
Maze Bank or Bank of Liberty
? I want to buy stock in competitors, but it's not really tied to either, right?

Also, anyone make any GTAV Bish ban gifs yet?

I have a quick question friends.

What does GTAV does "new" in the sandbox genre/games in general? Is the character-swapping new at all, or is it done in other games?

yea thats 'new'. it's not really a revolutionary game, there is just sooo much stuff to do and other games of the genre really can't match it because... they honestly don't have the budget.

pj

Banned
is it just me or the LS customs thing on the ios app terrible? It doesn't have all the options available, and you can't even preview how the car is gonna look.

Yeah, plus the prices are no different than in game and sometimes the order doesn't go through. What is the point of it?

Robot Pants

What's the problem?

I open it, it loads the internet screen for about 1 and a half seconds, then disappears.
It goes back to the main game, HUD is missing, and I cant use the left or right D-Pad for anything (starting activites, saving the game, etc.)
I can open up the cell phone again, but when I click on the buttons nothing happens. It's like the overlay is fucked.
I've reloaded the game multiple times, reloaded and switched characters. They all do it.
Been going on for a day now I can't figure out why.

Hystzen

I have finally managed to teach Chop all the tricks on the app time never use it again. Geez what a mess that turned out to be at least got Chop hunting out pick ups for me free body armor and grenades are cool

MBS

Banned
It's NOT a spoiler, it cannot be found at storymode or any side mission. You can't find it in any way possible unless someone tells you. It's like implying that a screenshot from a rare vehicle is a "spoiler"...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Errrr. For the Lester missions you're usually supposed to buy the stock during the mission, not after you beat it. Once you beat the mission, the stock gets automatically manipulated. The only exception is one of the missions where you're supposed to buy the stock after the mission because it tanks, before it goes back up again.

No

what you are suposed to do is

1. Save before the mission
  2. Find out which stock to invest in
  3. Load the save
  4. Switch to all 3 character and invest in the stock
  5. Complete mission

Stock market is down for Franklin, but it works for Michael and Trevor. I can't buy or sell with Franklin. This is some bs and it's been like this for two days now..

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
No

what you are suposed to do is

1. Save before the mission
  2. Find out which stock to invest in
  3. Load the save
  4. Switch to all 3 character and invest in the stock
  5. Complete mission

Why haven't I thought of this? Damnit. Probably the only way to get to 200 mil.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's NOT a spoiler, it cannot be found at storymode or any side mission. You can't find it in any way possible unless someone tells you. It's like implying that a screenshot from a rare vehicle is a "spoiler"...

It's a hidden secret, and posting a picture of it for everyone in the thread to see spoils the chance for them to discover it for themselves. Finding something like that in the game is something I'd flip out about, if I didn't know about it before.

That's what I'd call a spoiler. Not a story spoiler, but still a spoiler.

Whatever, it's gone now. Let it never be mentioned again outside of
Snape kills Dumbledore

Abdozer

24 minutes? Holy shit.

He must be talking about the Coyote Cross Country one, that shit is brutal. I did it with Trevor when he became available right off the bat, bad idea since his stamina is terrible.
Took me around 15 minutes to swim across the Alamo Sea. I don't think I finished it and my time was around the 30 minute mark lol.

Philia

It's a hidden secret, and posting a picture of it for everyone in the thread to see spoils the chance for them to discover it for themselves. Finding something like that in the game is something I'd flip out about, if I didn't know about it before.

That's what I'd call a spoiler. Not a story spoiler, but still a spoiler.

Ooooh, I at first thought you were referring to solving Lorena's murder because that's pretty much open for interpretation since its also advertised on tv lol by your own Steve Haines.

But yeah, that
UFO
shot is uh... yeah. :\ I didn't know this game had
UFOs
til I saw that photo. :\

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Why haven't I thought of this? Damnit. Probably the only way to get to 200 mil.

make-it-rain-arab2qjn3.gif

I think I should be promoted >=)

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did my first heist. It was pretty cool.

I got to Trevor. Wowwwwwww. This guy is hilarious.

He actually kind of reminds me of a character Michael Keaton could play.

Is this the character you guys were all talking about?

Philia

Did my first heist. It was pretty cool.

I got to Trevor. Wowwwwwww. This guy is hilarious.

He actually kind of reminds me of a character Michael Keaton could play.

Is this the character you guys were all talking about?

YEP. He's the best character in the game bar none. He's pretty polarizing here too. But majority found him pretty damn refreshing out of generic cut out personalities.

inky

How is it not a spoiler. It is a secret and yes, it can be found by random people, so you posting it here without labeling diminishes the impact of them doing so.

At least recognize that much when the game is not that old. There's a secrets and spoilers thread as well so make use of that.

TheSoviet

Neo Member
Anyone else feel the game could have done with more content? Like more races, boat races, heli races, jet races as well as car crushing like in gta 3, collecting cars in vice city, spraying tags, etc

Heck, even if we could buy a whole abandoned multilevel car park for our cars, that would be much better than then 4 we get in the garages.

Feels like Rockstar could have easily put in so much more than what is in the game currently.

Heck, is there even a crop spraying missions like what was in the first trailer?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Anyone else feel the game could have done with more content? Like more races, boat races, heli races, jet races as well as car crushing like in gta 3, collecting cars in vice city, spraying tags, etc

Heck, even if we could buy a whole abandoned multilevel car park for our cars, that would be much better than then 4 we get in the garages.

Feels like Rockstar could have easily put in so much more than what is in the game currently.

Heck, is there even a crop spraying missions like what was in the first trailer?

Is this not called GTA Online?

StuBurns

Banned

There's some of that stuff tucked away in other missions, like owning the cinema gets you to drop flyers over the city in a plane, and the Epsilon missions ask you to steal specific cars, etc.

terrible

Banned
I see this a lot. Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem flying them?

You're not the only one.

The controls are still awful even though you can get used to them though lol. They should control like in ARMA or Battlefield. The random wobbling is excessive too.

tranciful

Of course it's a spoiler. People want to experience things instead of hearing about them and repeating what they've heard. Speaking of rare cars, I was giddy when I found the
Coil (based on Tesla Roadster)
and there's a reason I kept away from car lists in GTAV -- I wanted to experience it first hand like it's intended.

The idea that spoilers can only be parts of story/mission is silly. People play games for more than the stories.

Philia

I see this a lot. Am I the only one that doesn't have a problem flying them?

The wobbling is pretty damn excessive to the point where the player thinks that s/he is controlling it wrong and tries to autocorrect it often. I assume that's what fucks up alot of people. It took me a good amount of handling to recognize the wobbling is the shitty game mechanic, not my controlling of the helicopter.

Even with Trevor's 100 flying skill, its still fucked up. Play as Franklin, its MUCH more pronounced.

Top Bottom