• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

duckroll

The whole Social Club thing is awful. I can't believe they just force you to join to get functionalities that would otherwise work offline.

Even more despicable is that Social Club doesn't even work for XBL Silver users.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Really? Non-multiplayer features which are linked of a third party controlled online system is locked out for Xbox users unless they're Gold members? Wow wtf. That's just awful. >_<

Sorian

Banned
The whole Social Club thing is awful. I can't believe they just force you to join to get functionalities that would otherwise work offline.

Even more despicable is that Social Club doesn't even work for XBL Silver users.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Really? Non-multiplayer features which are linked of a third party controlled online system is locked out for Xbox users unless they're Gold members? Wow wtf. That's just awful. >_<

No? I'm silver right now and I've been using the social club site to find missed collectables on the map.

Edit: And it updates on their almost instantly whenever I find something.

Andrew.

Banned
Love playing through the missions the second time around. Im noticing much more, such as the first mission with F and Lamar ending at the Union Depository.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Nope nope nope. Max Payne 3 in multiplayer is 10x more fast paced than anything I've seen in GTAV thus far, and that game handles way better with minimal bullet time. GTAV in close quarters is one step removed from GTAIV. It has nothing to do with bullet time. There's very clearly still remnants of GTAIV's movement and cover systems in this game, and that's my issue with combat (aside from the health system). If you can't see that I dunno what else to say.

I spent some more time playing combat there and doing a few Trevor rampages and I think it's just clear as day the combat and movement differences between IV and V. Movement, aiming and rolling about made the combat a lot more fun and it really didn't feel like GTA IV that much at all tbh. Hell it was clearly apparent when doing a Trevor rampage and I did the whole thing whilst running and gunning, no way I could have done something like that in GTA IV and have as much fun as I did. I'm not saying you're wrong to dislike it but I do strongly disagree that it's even close to GTA IV.

I still can’t get over how good the water looks....

n6ju8Qi.gif

bryanee

Collected all 50 of "those" parts, man was that tedious.

I'm all GTA'd out. No more until the online comes out next week.

I spent some more time playing combat there and doing a few Trevor rampages and I think it's just clear as day the combat and movement differences between IV and V. Movement, aiming and rolling about made the combat a lot more fun and it really didn't feel like GTA IV that much at all tbh. Hell it was clearly apparent when doing a Trevor rampage and I did the whole thing whilst running and gunning, no way I could have done something like that in GTA IV and have as much fun as I did. I'm not saying you're wrong to dislike it but I do strongly disagree that it's even close to GTA IV.

I do think its an upgrade from GTAIV but not enough IMO, I didn't expect MP3 quality but I did want it to improve on RDR and I'm not sure if it does... But maybe that's just me. There are tons of improvements with other mechanics though.

As much as I love how Los Santos looks since its the focus...

....I kind of want San Fierro and Las Venturas in the game too

like the city looks good but...I want more :(

duckroll

No? I'm silver right now and I've been using the social club site to find missed collectables on the map.

No problems using BAWSAQ and Snapomatic? If so, that's pretty much what I expected. Which is good I guess.

jett

D-Member
Some people have called it immature, but I don't know, this is one of the funniest games I've played in ages. We don't really get comedic games at all anymore.

There is something really satisfying about destroying the souped up cars in the street races with a stock muscle car I picked up off the street.

Is there any point to wasting time and money on modding cars? I beat those races with whatever clunker I boosted off the street. :lol Nevermind having to bother to go to your garage to store the thing.

Random event question:

Does the AnimalArk(?) stock you get from taking the guy to the airport ever go up? Or should I just go ahead and sell it?

I do think its an upgrade from GTAIV but not enough IMO, I didn't expect MP3 quality but I did want it to improve on RDR and I'm not sure if it does... But maybe that's just me.
I really don't mind the shooting mechanics, they seem fine to me. I put a stupid amount of hours into RDR so that might have something to do with it.

Megasoum

Banned
Random event question:

Does the AnimalArk(?) stock you get from taking the guy to the airport ever go up? Or should I just go ahead and sell it?

Hmm that's weird...I just picked up a guy and drove him to the Airport...but he told me to invest in a different stock...Can't remember the name but it started with T...

Some people have called it immature, but I don't know, this is one of the funniest games I've played in ages. We don't really get comedic games at all anymore.

Most of the satirical/parody stuff isn't "laugh out loud" funny, I feel. More like "Heh, now they're making fun of ______."

Some of the character dialogue is good though, especially Lamar and Trevor. Whether it's legitimately funny, or I'm laughing because of how over the top the writing is, it's gotten me to laugh a few times.

Andrew.

Banned
Not sure if its been complimented yet, but I LOVE how dialogue pauses, and then continues on if you fuck up driving and then regain composure.

ZeroRay

Most of the satirical/parody stuff isn't "laugh out loud" funny, I feel. More like "Heh, now they're making fun of ______."

Some of the character dialogue is good though, especially Lamar and Trevor. Whether it's legitimately funny, or I'm laughing because of how over the top the writing is, it's gotten me to laugh a few times.

The satire of GTA has always been pretty low level stuff.

Still, some of the character dialogue is funny.

Overdoziz

Banned
Hmm that's weird...I just picked up a guy and drove him to the Airport...but he told me to invest in a different stock...Can't remember the name but it started with T...
I think it was Trink. I bought some stocks for it, but it never really went up. :/

Random event question:

Animal Ark stock is given to you by the guy guy who has his bike stolen. Trinkle (I think?) stock is recommended to you by someone who give a lift to the airport.

In any case, sell the Animal Ark stock ASAP.

I hate the term 'cover shooter'. I take cover in every shooter, it stops me from being shot. Unless it's like...Doom or something. But even then you duck back and fourth behind corners and the like. What kind of shitty shooters do you just stand in the open?

border

No problems using BAWSAQ and Snapomatic? If so, that's pretty much what I expected. Which is good I guess.

I am Silver and when I try to upload a picture it says "Online Functionality Disabled".

When I had Gold a week ago I just got a "Please Join Social Club!" message when I tried to upload.

Random event question:

Tinkle is the name of the stock. It's on the BAWSAQ

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

I'm not going to lie, GTA humour has always made me laugh. I spent a lot of time laughing out loud to a lot of stuff. For example the talk radio stuff with Fernando had me laughing a lot and it's as unsophisticated as you can get :p Also, Trevors last rampage had me guffawing.

Sorian

Banned
I am Silver and when I try to upload a picture it says "Online Functionality Disabled".

When I had Gold a week ago I just got a "Please Join Social Club!" message when I tried to upload.

Hmm, I'm going to chalk that up to R*'s shitty servers at the moment. I haven't uploaded a picture yet but I've definitely had the option.

border

The humor and satire on GTA's radio stations is always great.

The humor in GTA's story and cutscenes is generally super juvenille and dumb. It got better in GTA5 though.

It's a bring improvement over IV, but lacks the fluidity of MP3. Stuff like not being able to reload while transitioning to cover, the shitty reticule that fades whenever you fire for some fucking reason, not being able to aim before running and gunning unless you pull the trigger halfway, really hampers the gunplay. They should've just gotten the team that did the shooting mechanics in MP3 and had them do it.

Horseress

So, I'm doing some Trevor missons, and Maude asked me to find this Rauph guy, and on the email she send there's a pic of the place he's hiding, but there's no directions or anything more precise, how do I find this mofo?

Fjordson

Yeah, I'm silver and haven't had any problems.

Social Club is a different story, but I think it's been equally shitty for everyone regardless of XBL member status.

Animal Ark stock is given to you by the guy guy who has his bike stolen. Trinkle (I think?) stock is recommended to you by someone who give a lift to the airport.

In any case, sell the Animal Ark stock ASAP.

I hate the term 'cover shooter'. I take cover in every shooter, it stops me from being shot. Unless it's like...Doom or something. But even then you duck back and fourth behind corners and the like. What kind of shitty shooters do you just stand in the open?

Oh, that's right. Mixed the two up. Thanks, man.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
It's a bring improvement over IV, but lacks the fluidity of MP3. Stuff like not being able to reload while transitioning to cover, the shitty reticule that fades whenever you fire for some fucking reason, not being able to aim before running and gunning unless you pull the trigger halfway, really hampers the gunplay. They should've just gotten the team that did the shooting mechanics in MP3 and had them do it.

Yeah I agree with all those complaints. I felt so strongly about the reticule being hard to see and having a permanent one on screen for running and gunning I actually submitted a feedback ticket to Rockstar about it :p Goodness only knows if they'll make any tweaks though as I don't know if anyone else would care enough to complain about those.

Yeah I agree with all those complaints. I felt so strongly about the reticule being hard to see and having a permanent one on screen for running and gunning I actually submitted a feedback ticket to Rockstar about it :p Goodness only knows if they'll make any tweaks though as I don't know if anyone else would care enough to complain about those.

Hopefully they take heed to your feedback because that's my exact issue. I use complex aiming though because again that ridiculous needle for a reticule strains my eyes.

Also them having the dot at least visible before actually shooting when a weapon is equipped would be nice. Oh and if they can do something about the acceleration when aiming.

So, I'm doing some Trevor missons, and Maude asked me to find this Rauph guy, and on the email she send there's a pic of the place he's hiding, but there's no directions or anything more precise, how do I find this mofo?

You need to find it yourself on the map. I used the paper map and found the first couple pretty easily, the last was a bitch though.

Either by using a guide, or there's a couple of high detailed satellite image style maps floating around online that'll help.

Top Bottom