• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dead Man

Just got Michaels Audi back, YAY. Switch to Trevor and his truck is at the default state, BOO. What's the odds on a patch soon?

Hopefully they take heed to your feedback because that's my exact issue. I use complex aiming though because again that ridiculous needle for a reticule strains my eyes.

Also them having the dot at least visible before actually shooting when a weapon is equipped would be nice. Oh and if they can do something about the acceleration when aiming.

Yeah, the acceleration on the aiming is way too much.

Rembrandt

Banned
I hope we hear something about GTAO before launch. I'm just too excited because GTA lived up to the hype and more, so I know this will.

I'm not going to lie, GTA humour has always made me laugh. I spent a lot of time laughing out loud to a lot of stuff. For example the talk radio stuff with Fernando had me laughing a lot and it's as unsophisticated as you can get :p Also, Trevors last rampage had me guffawing.
I'm the same way with GTA humor, I've always enjoyed it.

CyReN

No new missions coming up? (40/69)

I just finished some assassination missions with Franklin, switched between the 3 characters and nothings popped up. I do have Tanya and Martin Madazo missions on with a small z next to their name but those aren't main missions. Any ideas on what to do?

iddqd

- Love the hipster conversation
- Understand why some people say that the heist idea is not really used to all its full potential.
I wish I could take my time with some of those, case the place, try different things.

I finished all the boat races too on gold and got nothing. Not even one to own or some new clothes. Nothing :(

This is disappointing. Bully gave you rewards for every single thing you did. Some of the best drip fed rewards in an open world game. Red Dead was decent as well, with outfits at least.

Dead Man

- Love the hipster conversation
- Understand why some people say that the heist idea is not really used to all its full potential.
I wish I could take my time with some of those, case the place, try different things.

That conversation is one of the finest pieces I have ever seen in a game, hell maybe just ever, it is so good.

Cheddahz

Banned
You guys can argue with me on this one, but while the world is huge and it looks beautiful. There really isn't a whole lot to do. I mean, I know there are alot of activities to do and such, but none of them really make me want to replay them again. I'm finished with the story mode and I just find myself bored with the game now.

Hopefully the online aspect can fix this

Dead Man

You guys can argue with me on this one, but while the world is huge and it looks beautiful. There really isn't a whole lot to do. I mean, I know there are alot of activities to do and such, but none of them really make me want to replay them again. I'm finished with the story mode and I just find myself bored with the game now.

Yeah, I'm not expecting to spend a lot of time with it after I finish the missions. I'll probably replay it, but post main quest fun is thin on the ground for me, especially since there is no point doing anything with cars.

Falcs

Banned
I'm gonna say it. I actually like the controls in GTA V (And IV too).
I know what everyone means by saying that it's clunky, and I'll admit there is definitely room for improvement (Having to tap X to sprint for example) but for me the controls feel the way they do because the animation is so realistic/cinematic. I might be in the minority but I actually really like that.
Take Sleeping Dogs as an opposite example. The controls didn't feel clunky at all, but at the same time the animation was very "Video Game" like and not as cinematic or realistic as GTA.

I just thought I'd pop in to say I'm loving the missions so far, but have they said anything about special abilities or a "signature vehicle" in regard to the GTAO characters?

leng jai

I'm gonna say it. I actually like the controls in GTA V (And IV too).
I know what everyone means by saying that it's clunky, and I'll admit there is definitely room for improvement (Having to tap X to sprint for example) but for me the controls feel the way they do because the animation is so realistic/cinematic. I might be in the minority but I actually really like that.
Take Sleeping Dogs as an opposite example. The controls didn't feel clunky at all, but at the same time the animation was very "Video Game" like and not as cinematic or realistic as GTA.

Cinematic movement? GOTY confirmed.

Cheddahz

Banned
Yeah, I'm not expecting to spend a lot of time with it after I finish the missions. I'll probably replay it, but post main quest fun is thin on the ground for me, especially since there is no point doing anything with cars.

I still have some collectibles to find, but I don't really feel like wasting my time on finding all of them

Man, this game has completely consumed my life. Even when I'm not playing it, I find myself thinking about it (particularly Trevor's antics) at work and during the commute home. I'm now 50% done according to my save file and it's just as good as it's ever been.

Dresden

I was pretty disappointed when I owned all the street races, only to find there was nothing left. You just get a phone call from Hao.

Gorillaz

I'm hoping they go more into heist online. Kind of disappointed in the lack of them because the build up and finally the act of the heist is when it shines. Especially switching between people.

Megasoum

Banned
That's weird...so I bought all the Tinkle stocks I could afford with all 3 guys after the random event... It went up 30% for both Michael and Frank but Trevor is at 0%

So are the paparazzi missions where you have to photograph celebs impossible to complete if the Social Club is down, which it is 99% of the time? It says take a picture but it keeps giving me the message where it can't connect, and since the game doesn't pause in the interim I get a mission failed once I exit out of the camera. Is there a way to use the camera that has nothing to do with the Social Club?

rjcc

So are the paparazzi missions where you have to photograph celebs impossible to complete if the Social Club is down, which it is 99% of the time? It says take a picture but it keeps giving me the message where it can't connect, and since the game doesn't pause in the interim I get a mission failed once I exit out of the camera. Is there a way to use the camera that has nothing to do with the Social Club?

*shrug* I haven't had a problem connecting to Social Club. what happens in those missions if you're offline?

Megasoum

Banned
*shrug* I haven't had a problem connecting to Social Club. what happens in those missions if you're offline?

It still works. It might give you the error but if you press ok you will be able to continue and still send the picture to Beverly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The way they make money hard to come across..

The nihilist in me wants so say, 'i bet that money buying isn't multiplayer only.' Sleeping Dogs sold money as well, but you never needed it if you put serious time in the game.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
How can you save the tank and the jet in your hangar? It replaced my tank with the jet.

Also, just spent the last 15 minutes in my cargobob picking up cars on the freeway with my hook and dropping them hahaha.

Ardenyal

Has anyone tried to affect the stock market by sabotaging a rival company? Does this mechanic work or not?

I invested 15 million in Air Emu and went on a rampage at the air field to destroy everything Fly US for a good 30-45 minutes. Air Emu stock stayed the same most of the time except for the end where it took a nose dive and I lost 150k.

It still works. It might give you the error but if you press ok you will be able to continue and still send the picture to Beverly.

Yeah, I push X and I don't get the option to take the picture afterward, it just takes me back to the game with a "Mission Failed" seconds later. I'll try logging off PSN. What a questionable design choice.

Do the Trevor arms trafficking airfield missions ever end? I can't tell if they're repeating or not, I did get an achievement at one point for the plane ones.

AeroGod

I know what you mean, although im not quite bored with the game. There seems to be plenty of well designed areas of Los Santos and Blaine County that are hardly used during missions or in some cases not at all. Im hoping GTA Online really makes good use of them and that there are a few surprises left, or perhaps the eventual DLC yet.

Has anyone tried to affect the stock market by sabotaging a rival company? Does this mechanic work or not?

I invested 15 million in Air Emu and went on a rampage at the air field to destroy everything Fly US for a good 30-45 minutes. Air Emu stock stayed the same most of the time except for the end where it took a nose dive and I lost 150k.
The stock market seems to stay stagnant until a mission affects it. Mine moves up and down a couple pennies throughout the day. People say they've been able to manipulate it but they're probably full of it.

The way they make money hard to come across..

The nihilist in me wants so say, 'i bet that money buying isn't multiplayer only.' Sleeping Dogs sold money as well, but you never needed it if you put serious time in the game.

It all reeks of "late development addition" to me. The money and properties don't feel fleshed out at all. Having to bet your entire stash on stock market manipulation just to double, triple, and quadruple your earnings after a few missions is really weak.

Just finished the game, and posted my thoughts in the untagged spoilers thread. Just wanted to pop in here and say that this is my GOTY and probably GOTG. Great work by the team at Rockstar (the credits are suuuuuuuuuuuper long :).

Top Bottom