• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Andrew.

Banned
There are also cameos from the IV + Episodes side characters. The awesome
UL Paper Guy- what a shady beast! During the Underwater expedition. Packie being an awesome heist go-to character, and beating up Rocco felt so satisfying as Michael.

There are probably way more- still exploring/middle of the story!

I missed out on finding
Packie
and am strongly considering starting a fresh game just to find him.

I also missed out on that No Country For Old Men scenario but Im sure I could still find it if I went out exploring.

You can also follow Brucie via whatever the Twitter equivalent is on the Internet.

dreamfall

I have Trevor with the handlebar mustache, Michael with a clean shave and Franklin with the Rick Ross beard. I need to check Trevor out with the beard again!

Everyone in my crew got those EPIC BEARDS. But Trevor's Handlebar stache does seem more apt! Glad we agree on Franklin- after rocking Michael with that glorious beard, seeing him cleanshaven at the the barbers just trips me out.

I love the customization- the store selection for each character is so different, and that's a really nice touch!

MYeager

Where are you getting all this info? Did Houser, Humphries or Benzies actually state that this stuff is in a completely different universe?

Rockstar says:
El Burro is referenced as he was also referenced in GTA 1, so it felt appropriate that he should cross “universes” – the “universes” are the worlds interpreted at different definitions, 2d, 3d and high definition, so we felt brands and radio / back ground characters would exist in both, but 3 dimensional characters would not. This is the logic (as far as it could be considered logical) behind it – so no, we don’t believe any GTA3 characters could exist in the GTA4 universe.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...r-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html

There are also cameos from the IV + Episodes side characters. The awesome
UL Paper Guy- what a shady beast! During the Underwater expedition. Packie being an awesome heist go-to character, and beating up Rocco felt so satisfying as Michael.

There are probably way more- still exploring/middle of the story!

I thought it was pretty cool when I first ran into the UL Paper guy, I thought it was amazing when I later shot him in the face.

vixlar

Now I can speak proper Spanish thanks to Paco el Taco T_T

And I love when (reference to one of the collecting famous people stuff)
Love Fist singer is remembering past glories

void666

Banned
Random Trevor encounter. I was coming down a mountain and saw
like 5 trucks in a circle facing each other with dying dudes scattered about. I went further down the mountain and there was a briefcase and a guy telling me if I took it I was a dead man. So I took it and left. Couple minutes later some dudes rolled up on me and tried to kill me. I took them out and that was the end of it.

Just wondering if I'll get any more insight as to what that was all about.

That's a reference to the movie
"no country for old men
".

Everyone in my crew got those EPIC BEARDS. But Trevor's Handlebar stache does seem more apt! Glad we agree on Franklin- after rocking Michael with that glorious beard, seeing him cleanshaven at the the barbers just trips me out.

I love the customization- the store selection for each character is so different, and that's a really nice touch!

My Franklin is all-hipster all-the-time. Mid fro and beard, a maroon buttondown from the Urban Outfitters place, tan jeans and maroon shoes.

Rizsparky

So I just had a bizarre random encounter.

Lady at the side of the road, who had been in a car crash. Ended up finding out she was a criminal too but then she died...

Was that supposed to happen or did I fail something? Awesome nonetheless!

If I remember, if you rescue her she will be
a cheap driver for future heists
, she has really good stats too.

Now I can speak proper Spanish thanks to Paco el Taco T_T

And I love when (reference to one of the collecting famous people stuff)
Love Fist singer is remembering past glories

I actually forgot about that. They only asked me to get one thing and I never actually gave it to them, just collected it. That was hours ago. I wonder if it glitches on me.

I find the humor in this game to be really tiresome. Seeing random dick and sex jokes on every billboard and storefront might have been funny when I was fourteen, but I feel like I've grown past that. People can argue that it's something required for a GTA game, and you might be right, but I find it hinders my enjoyment more than it enhances it.

Codeblew

I was under the impression that it was the biggest game world to date. The only other game I think could rival it would be Just Cause 2. I too would like confirmation on this though.

I don't think it is the biggest. I think WoW is bigger for instance. However, I think the amount of detail is mind staggering in GTA5.

Marleyman

Banned
I find the humor in this game to be really tiresome. Seeing random dick and sex jokes on every billboard and storefront might have been funny when I was fourteen, but I feel like I've grown past that. People can argue that it's something required for a GTA game, and you might be right, but I find it hinders my enjoyment more than it enhances it.

That is a bit of a stretch to say "every billboard and storefront."

~50% done, heist question-
How many heists are there and at what point do you get to start picking members again? So far only the first one has had the option.

dreamfall

My Franklin is all-hipster all-the-time. Mid fro and beard, a maroon buttondown from the Urban Outfitters place, tan jeans and maroon shoes.

I love the mid-fro, tight jeans Suburban clothing Franklin as well.

But I need a bit of the gangster lean- blown out fro, checkered shirt, baggy black jeans, fresh Tims.

But we gotta stay BEARDED!

sunnz

I HATE how R* made the desert area so small ( so disappointing).
I don't know why, but the map doesn't feel that big to me...
I still think SA feels larger, simply because instead of a lot of empty spaces, it was filled with 2 more cities and a lot more smaller towns in between.

I wish R* would allow us to change the flying camera, I just hate how it moves with the plane. Can't get used to it but the worst part is the deadzone on the vehicle steering ( when moving the analog sticks), making the cars more twitchy, which is a real bummer since IV was perfect in that area.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still phenomenal, loving it a lot!

Tawpgun

Yeah, my only complaint is I wished the city was bigger (as in the tall buildings portion of it) I liked the scale and density of Liberty City. Everything here is so wide open. Even the Urban areas.

Wait, Alienous is banned?

Thats what someone said.

Flo_Evans

Is there a neogaf crew on social club? I saw some on my friends list with a tag that I assumed was that, can't figure out how to join. Is it invite only?

Reule

Finished the game, it was awesome! I kind of want to go through it again after I 100% complete everything on this file.

Will that mess up stats on Social Club at all? Has anyone started over yet to see? Just curious if when you start over, Social Club just updates from whatever save file you're currently on.

GenericUser

Shit Fuck, I drove down grove street, accidently killed a ballas bitch ass motherfucker and got killed during my escape, Rage quit!!!!

Unicorn

I HATE how R* made the desert area so small ( so disappointing).
I don't know why, but the map doesn't feel that big to me...
I still think SA feels larger, simply because instead of a lot of empty spaces, it was filled with 2 more cities and a lot more smaller towns in between.

I wish R* would allow us to change the flying camera, I just hate how it moves with the plane. Can't get used to it but the worst part is the deadzone on the vehicle steering ( when moving the analog sticks), making the cars more twitchy, which is a real bummer since IV was perfect in that area.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still phenomenal, loving it a lot!
Man, I hear you.

kiyomi

Finished the game, it was awesome! I kind of want to go through it again after I 100% complete everything on this file.

Will that mess up stats on Social Club at all? Has anyone started over yet to see? Just curious if when you start over, Social Club just updates from whatever save file you're currently on.

I think it uploads whatever data is pulled from your most up to date save.

For instance, on RDR, the social club counts me at 6% completion because I started a new game a couple of months ago, whereas in reality I have about 98.7% completion on my first file. I think if I made a new save with the latter one, it would upload that data.

So if you start a new game of GTAV, I have a feeling it will use that data.

Reule

I think it uploads whatever data is pulled from your most up to date save.

For instance, on RDR, the social club counts me at 6% completion because I started a new game a couple of months ago, whereas in reality I have about 98.7% completion on my first file. I think if I made a new save with the latter one, it would upload that data.

So if you start a new game of GTAV, I have a feeling it will use that data.
Right, right. I had a feeling. I guess that's all good though then. Wondering if I should just start now or later, haha.

Tawpgun

Can't wait for the server problems day one. GTA IV is a bit iffy online to this day.

I was wondering about this. They don't have dedicated servers do they?

GTAIV lagged because it was based off the lobby's host connection. There was a host of each lobby that controlled the settings. And people had to vote to be ready before starting a new game. Is that system still here?

Radec

Lester missions are side missions right?

Planning to take them when i got tons of money for stocks.

Also, to those who finished the game, how much money do you have after the heists?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Lester missions are side missions right?

Planning to take them when i got tons of money for stocks.

Also, to those who finished the game, how much money do you have after the heists?

Yes leave Lester ones until you have complete the game since you will have more cash to play around with.

Regarding the money you get with the final mission it's around
$20 million
each character if I remember correctly.

Given the garage bug, is there a good way to not lose your car? Not having the ability to customize and keep a car is kind of a bummer.

I read Rockstars statement on the issue, but their solution didn't make any sense to me. The first thing they said was "don't use the garage". Well.... =/

Ferrio

Banned
Just got to the part where you learn (during the controversial B mission)
Brad is really dead. Holy shit... Trevor is going to go nuts

Top Bottom