• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Lima

Best song on the radio? "High Pressure Dave" by HEALTH

Rockstar seems to love these guys and so do I. I still get goosebumps thinking about the airport scene in Max Payne 3 with Tears playing.

Kiraly

Anybody found a "legit" way to enter the airport? :)

Buy the hangar.

I think you can only buy Cheetah's off the website, and there are none out there in the world. Could be wrong though.

Thanks. I'm not too sure about the Cheetah and Koenigsegg as well, but I have definitely seen that Gallardo on the streets.

Anybody else loved the Border Patrol missions?

Just going full speed over those hills in the night with your sirens on and shit, struggling to keep the car from crashing

Dead

well not really...yet

Rockstar seems to love these guys and so do I. I still get goosebumps thinking about the airport scene in Max Payne 3 with Tears playing.
Yeah, that song is incredible

Trevor's final rampage mission is the stuff of comedic gold. It is a little worrying that I took such glee at
massacring a swarm of pretentious Nathan Barley-esque hipsters with my overpowered shotty
, but eh - better enacting such fantasies in a game rather than real life, right?

dreamfall

HEALTH is God-tier. But that 100s track is definitely my fave. Dude is such a beast- 1999 was in heavy rotation last year for me!

Edit: Oh, of the whole radio?! I need to think on this- thought you meant Original songs on the Soundtrack.

Andrew.

Banned

Great song for sure. The same female vocalist that is on "Tears" is used on it as well.

Lately Ive grown partial to Feathers - "Dark Matter"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS_TXQD-KPQ

The whole Mirror Park station is for the most part pretty damn good.

Siegmeyer

One thing I've found myself doing much more than GTA IV is using the hood-cam a lot more.

I still mainly use third-person in the city, but as soon as I hit the outskirts and you're not changing direction so much, I pop on hood-cam and I'm loving it. So much more immersive. Nightime coastal driving with xenon headlights reflecting off the tarmac is just beautiful.

Also when you use R3 to look behind you, you get a real close up view of the cabin, and when you're talking to a passenger the animations are great - facial expressions, hand and head movements etc.

grkazan12

Saw a Best Song post earlier: Wrong good chap, the best song is clearly Music Sounds Better with You by Stardust. That or at least El Sonidito.

cdkee

Banned
One thing I've found myself doing much more than GTA IV is using the hood-cam a lot more.

I still mainly use third-person in the city, but as soon as I hit the outskirts and you're not changing direction so much, I pop on hood-cam and I'm loving it. So much more immersive. Nightime coastal driving with xenon headlights reflecting off the tarmac is just beautiful.

Also when you use R3 to look behind you, you get a real close up view of the cabin, and when you're talking to a passenger the animations are great - facial expressions, hand and head movements etc.

I bought a nice motorcycle online, modded it to make it faster, and I absolutely love going in first person and then driving all the way around San Andreas on the highway in first person. Weaving in and around traffic is exhilarating, and it's awesome in that if you crash, you die so it makes it more challenging. I've died a few times, but it's OK because then I can promptly get my bike back from impound :)

Joeki11a

Banned
Why people call gta realistic?, this is the most gamey gta ever, special abilities lol and you can flip cars at will lol. racing feels extremely arcadish, this gta looks weird next to gta 4
Its like a mix of gamey gta 3 days and down to earth Gta4

Outfitted every character's pump shotgun with a suppressor. Anton Chigurh would be proud.

Thinking of buying all three volumes of the soundtrack. It's soooooo good!

BigDug13

Why people call gta realistic?, this is the most gamey gta ever, special abilities and you can flip cars at will lol. racing feels extremely arcadish, this gta looks weird next to gta 4

It's the believable world that was crafted. It feels like people are living their lives in this city. Also cop cones of vision that can be hidden from in bushes is better than mandatory pay and spray.

The vistas of views, how much like Los Angeles and the countryside this game actually accomplishes.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Why people call gta realistic?, this is the most gamey gta ever, special abilities lol and you can flip cars at will lol. racing feels extremely arcadish, this gta looks weird next to gta 4
People called GTAIV realistic, this GTA is back to form.

cdkee

Banned
So last night during my post work play session I was driving a cargo van with a chrome bumper. The bumper reflected the road, could see street lines on it.

My mind was blown, how R* did this on these consoles is insane. The same thing with rain. When it's heavily raining you can see reflections of the environment on the road.

Megasoum

Banned
Man, whenever Radio Ga Ga comes on now, be it in the car or the radio or on tv, I get a little bit depressed as it reminds me of the hype and build up to the release, and that wont happen for a long time now.

It's funny, I had about the same reaction last night when the song from the very first trailer come on the radio. It's hard to actually realize that I'm playing that game!

dalVlatko

Anyone know where you can find a Tesla Roadster? I got one during the mission for Michael where you go to the movie studio but on my way back I did a random mission that got me killed and now I can't find it anymore.

does certain properties unlock over the game progression?

Am I the only one thats hesitant to fully explore the world because of online? I'm just curious what the online portion is about. Is it gonna be almost like a mmo, or more like 4/ rdr mp?

hmmmm....

So the submarine is spawning as Trevor's default vehicle on land now. lol.

its what vehicle they were in last ;)

go as trevor in a sub, switch to someone else, switch back. he's sleeping in a dumpster next to his sub or something haha.

You know, sometimes you notice the vehicle your guy drove to the mission appears around when the mission ends... but sometimes it doesn't...

They really should have just done something that other recent open world games have done, allow you to call up somebody to bring you a car from your garage.

I HATE how R* made the desert area so small ( so disappointing).
I don't know why, but the map doesn't feel that big to me...
I still think SA feels larger, simply because instead of a lot of empty spaces, it was filled with 2 more cities and a lot more smaller towns in between.

I wish R* would allow us to change the flying camera, I just hate how it moves with the plane. Can't get used to it but the worst part is the deadzone on the vehicle steering ( when moving the analog sticks), making the cars more twitchy, which is a real bummer since IV was perfect in that area.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still phenomenal, loving it a lot!

I am with you on the map size. It doesn't bother me, but I think that all of the pre-game hoopla about map size was a bit out of context.

One number specifically thrown around a lot was how this map is something like 2x the size of Red Dead Redemption. And everybody was like "wowzah!" But, I've always thought that was misleading because map size should really be in the context of what you are using to travel around the map. Riding a horse from Blackwater to the furthest South West region of RDR would take much longer than driving even the lowest car in GTAV from one corner to the other. Not just the speed of the vehicles, but the paths that you can take to get from one side to the other. RDR has a path system that feels appropriate to the time... The sort of idea that, "this was a game trail, then this became a horse path, then this became a cart path, now some of these are becoming car path," ideas.

Likewise, San Andreas from GTA:SA feels larger to me. For sure, it is a lot less dense and the cities are also much smaller than Los Santos from GTAV. And, sure, you got cookie cutter towns from GTA:SA as well. V may be physically larger, but some of the flaws of GTA:SA in its map design made it feel much larger... They're flaws from a gameplay perspective, but in terms of enforcing the size of the world, they made it feel much larger. There is a direct route in GTAV from one point to the other for almost every area that you're in, with the few exceptions of when you're at the top of a mountain or something, but in GTA:SA, even getting to places relatively close to one another seemed to take much longer

It may be a larger geographical mass, but I can't be the only one who think that GTAV does not feel larger than SA or RDR.

RaikuHebi

Banned
I keep crashing the plane while doing the flying under bridges collectable haha. Can't be bothered to do it with the heli because it's slow, but will have to I guess.

wooooow is it even possible to get away from 5 stars??? :O
Pretty sure there is a mission where you have to.

JackHerer

I don't like it so much for cars but I have always loved using it for motorcycles. Driving crazy fast weaving in and out of traffic in both lanes is really fun this way.

Top Bottom