• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

BigDug13

Some of the one hit kills are insane. Bikers roll up everytime I rescue that girl and one shot me. Reminds me of the shotgun toting mafia gang in GTA3 with one shot car explosions as you drove by.

I was wondering about this. They don't have dedicated servers do they?

GTAIV lagged because it was based off the lobby's host connection. There was a host of each lobby that controlled the settings. And people had to vote to be ready before starting a new game. Is that system still here?

This was from an interview with Benzies but not entire sure what to make of it:

Are you going to use dedicated servers or any particular technology to achieve [GTA Online]?

L. B. We'll use the Rockstar Social Club servers to create our "cloud", which control everything. We have servers spread across several of our offices, like New York or San Diego, who are responsible for managing information generated persistent GTA Online. How driving is, however, different from other similar games, less problematic. But yes, it is a traditional server based on the "cloud".

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articl...v-online-details-700-multiplayer-missions.htm

Not sure what to make of it. Whether the worlds will be peer based but with data kept on R*'s servers (this is what I suspect), or if the worlds themselves are hosted on dedicated servers...

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Just got to the part where you learn
Brad is really dead. Holy shit... Trevor is going to go nuts

Should really spoiler tag that better, probably preface it with something hinting to what you're talking about...

Given the garage bug, is there a good way to not lose your car? Not having the ability to customize and keep a car is kind of a bummer.

I read Rockstars statement on the issue, but their solution didn't make any sense to me. The first thing they said was "don't use the garage". Well.... =/

There is no good way. Until Rockstar gets around to patching the game, you shouldn't bother with buying or modding custom vehicles.

Ok can someone tell me how where and how i need to place that car which I have to carry with the towing truck to the police station ?

And how i can unhook the cable between the tow truck and the car ?

First week?

You're quite the optimist I see.

I like to think so. Heh, I haven't played many R* games online (did some co-op RDR missions and a little free roam) but if they pull the same crap EA does then I'll lose it. EA's sports games always seem to have horrible server issues for the first few weeks and then feign ignorance while patting themselves on the back by saying, "Oh gee, wow we didn't realize so many people wanted to play our game and our servers crashed. LOL hang on guys we're working on it!" Ugh.

Any reason why when I play golf or tennis with a friend in game that Social Club isn't tracking it? Still has the both of them locked despite having done both.

Man, whenever Radio Ga Ga comes on now, be it in the car or the radio or on tv, I get a little bit depressed as it reminds me of the hype and build up to the release, and that wont happen for a long time now.

MYeager

I HATE how R* made the desert area so small ( so disappointing).
I don't know why, but the map doesn't feel that big to me...
I still think SA feels larger, simply because instead of a lot of empty spaces, it was filled with 2 more cities and a lot more smaller towns in between.

I wish R* would allow us to change the flying camera, I just hate how it moves with the plane. Can't get used to it but the worst part is the deadzone on the vehicle steering ( when moving the analog sticks), making the cars more twitchy, which is a real bummer since IV was perfect in that area.

Don't get me wrong, the game is still phenomenal, loving it a lot!

I played San Andreas right before this came out, and I think your memory might be tricking you with how big you think it is. I remember it being huge but the cities felt pretty small when went back recently. The small towns scattered around are copy/paste jobs while the areas in V are far more unique.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Given the garage bug, is there a good way to not lose your car? Not having the ability to customize and keep a car is kind of a bummer.

I read Rockstars statement on the issue, but their solution didn't make any sense to me. The first thing they said was "don't use the garage". Well.... =/

What is the garage bug?
Which garage? attached to home, or the big garage you actually pay for?

Radec

Yes leave Lester ones until you have complete the game since you will have more cash to play around with.

Regarding the money you get with the final mission it's around
$20 million
each character if I remember correctly.

Fantastic.

Thanks.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've been thinking about deleting all my saves and starting over. I have a feeling that doing that will completely fuck the social club stat saving though. Does anyone have experience with doing this?

dreamfall

I've been thinking about deleting all my saves and starting over. I have a feeling that doing that will completely fuck the social club stat saving though. Does anyone have experience with doing this?

It seems to me(and I could be wrong), that the stats are uploaded based on your most recent save. If you delete all your saves, it may come up as empty. I had this issue with Red Dead- I 100%ed it, but would often load up an earlier save when wanting to roam about (you know why!). The progress would then read 96.8% in the Social Club site, and it wouldn't be tracking things I had accomplished.

udiie

I never find Cheetah's, that Koenigsegg look-a-like and that Lamborghin Gallardo. What gives?
You can find the Koenigsegg around the lifehacker offices, near the shops and stuff. Found two so far after being devastated from destroying the one I bought for a million :'(
Edit: I think the Koenigsegg one at least... Looks sorta similar.
Edit 2 lol: nah I'm dumb I'm thinking of the Bugatti Veyron lookalike

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
So if whats his face is banned, who is making the GTA Online OT?

So regarding GTAO OT I'm reaching out to him on the social club site to see if there is anything he was working on for the OT.

I guess I can create the OT if he emails me back with info. Otherwise, dunno.

Top Bottom