• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

neoism

I keep crashing the plane while doing the flying under bridges collectable haha. Can't be bothered to do it with the heli because it's slow, but will have to I guess.

Pretty sure there is a mission where you have to.
yeah i know im talking not in a mission seems to me the mission 5 stars are easier

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So the submarine is spawning as Trevor's default vehicle on land now. lol.

Yeah, that happened to me. He left a building and it was perfectly parked, I took a selfie with it.

DaSvvSc.jpg

Sadly you can't drive it all. Doesn't scrape against ground, just sits there.

Tawpgun

I am with you on the map size. It doesn't bother me, but I think that all of the pre-game hoopla about map size was a bit out of context.

One number specifically thrown around a lot was how this map is something like 2x the size of Red Dead Redemption. And everybody was like "wowzah!" But, I've always thought that was misleading because map size should really be in the context of what you are using to travel around the map. Riding a horse from Blackwater to the furthest South West region of RDR would take much longer than driving even the lowest car in GTAV from one corner to the other. Not just the speed of the vehicles, but the paths that you can take to get from one side to the other. RDR has a path system that feels appropriate to the time... The sort of idea that, "this was a game trail, then this became a horse path, then this became a cart path, now some of these are becoming car path," ideas.

Likewise, San Andreas from GTA:SA feels larger to me. For sure, it is a lot less dense and the cities are also much smaller than Los Santos from GTAV. And, sure, you got cookie cutter towns from GTA:SA as well. V may be physically larger, but some of the flaws of GTA:SA in its map design made it feel much larger... They're flaws from a gameplay perspective, but in terms of enforcing the size of the world, they made it feel much larger. There is a direct route in GTAV from one point to the other for almost every area that you're in, with the few exceptions of when you're at the top of a mountain or something, but in GTA:SA, even getting to places relatively close to one another seemed to take much longer

It may be a larger geographical mass, but I can't be the only one who think that GTAV does not feel larger than SA or RDR.
There seems to be a lot more unused space in GTAV. Even compared to the RDR desert

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Went offroading in a buggy, hit some guy off an ATV. Two guys on dirtbikes roll up yelling "I NEED TO SEE YOUR LICENSE"

both pull out sawed offs, dead in 2 seconds.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gr...5-billion-lesters-assassination-missions.html

Best guide out there its really really helpful and you can really make that much money :D

That's handy, I haven't touched any of those missions besides the first.

At the same time it really shows the problem with the game, I never cared much about having a lot of money in previous games because there was always a way to make some and nothing really cost a whole lot of money, and at worst you would make it back on properties. That isn't the case in GTA5, a lot of stuff is expensive and the game can glitch out cars so you can lose up to a hundred thousand depending on what you did to certain vehicles.

Hopefully R* take note of how much people want more heist like things to do and in either DLC or the next GTA they actually build some sort of dynamic mission structure so we can actually do more than just story based ones that are worth doing.

Sickbean

I dream't about GTA 5 last night, only instead of Michael on the selection wheel it was Walter White. He had max stats and an M60.

Tawpgun

I'm thinking a lot will be used in Online missions. There'd be no point repeating things in GTAO.

I hope so. Aside from the obvious mountain regions, coast line, and other geographical areas, a lot of really interesting areas within the city and other facilities were never used.

Like how the hell did they not use the PRISON for anything.

Been trying it out. PS3 vers.

1) Graphics look great. But is there supposed to be a lot of jaggies? It looked smooth in screenshots.

2) And is framerate really supposed to be like this?

ezekial45

Banned
Maaaan, that final mission
taking the deathwish option
was fucking satisfying. Damn, I felt so damn good doing it.

GOTY. No doubt about it.

cdkee

Banned
Whats the best way to steal a jet? I tried with trevor last night but kept on dying. I even had full armor :(

Yesterday was the first time I tried. Attempted to land a Luxor private jet on the military runway and then steal the jet. Keyword: attempted. LOL.

I'm thinking it might be best to parachute in.

Yesterday was the first time I tried. Attempted to land a Luxor private jet on the military runway and then steal the jet. Keyword: attempted. LOL.

If you guys have the blimp hover:extremely high above Fort Zancudo & and parachute near the 1st hangar to the left.

I'm about 35% through the story missions. I stole the Jet from the Air Force Base last night. It was a piece of cake. I drove a Comet at full speed through the gates at the west side of the base, went straight for the first big hanger, jumped in the plane, and went vertical the second i cleared the hanger. A few avoided missiles later and I was landing the plane at my hanger in the desert.
*edit... the Jet fighter is a bitch to land.

Time to steal a Buzzard.

Is there anyway to stealth into the military base?

No, which is a shame. It would be nice to halo dive into the base at night and sneak around.

vixlar

Why people call gta realistic?, this is the most gamey gta ever, special abilities lol and you can flip cars at will lol. racing feels extremely arcadish, this gta looks weird next to gta 4
Its like a mix of gamey gta 3 days and down to earth Gta4

The fun everybody is having with this game is real...

Neiteio

Yeah, that happened to me. He left a building and it was perfectly parked, I took a selfie with it.

DaSvvSc.jpg

Sadly you can't drive it all. Doesn't scrape against ground, just sits there.
Ha, had this happen to me when I switched to Trevor and he was coming out of a strip club. So it's a glitch then? LOL

Flo_Evans

I've seen people do it driving in the front gate on youtube.

hayguyz

Banned
Whats the best way to steal a jet? I tried with trevor last night but kept on dying. I even had full armor :(

i got one by driving straight in, then take a left into the airfield and keep driving to the row of hangars. Tanks were shooting at me but never hit the jet

SuperSah

Banned
Just completed Blitz Play, a fun little heist.

I enjoyed the mission where you have to escape Grove St. with Trev, Franklin and Lamar.

The gunfight was pretty fun.

I also love the explosion effect when you use a grenade on a car, it's brilliant.

cdkee

Banned
I hope so. Aside from the obvious mountain regions, coast line, and other geographical areas, a lot of really interesting areas within the city and other facilities were never used.

Like how the hell did they not use the PRISON for anything.

IGN said they GTA online will have 500 missions. It's clear that it is their main business model.

That's handy, I haven't touched any of those missions besides the first.

At the same time it really shows the problem with the game, I never cared much about having a lot of money in previous games because there was always a way to make some and nothing really cost a whole lot of money, and at worst you would make it back on properties. That isn't the case in GTA5, a lot of stuff is expensive and the game can glitch out cars so you can lose up to a hundred thousand depending on what you did to certain vehicles.

Hopefully R* take note of how much people want more heist like things to do and in either DLC or the next GTA they actually build some sort of dynamic mission structure so we can actually do more than just story based ones that are worth doing.

I for one am very happy there is something to spend money on.

A complaint I've had about all open world games is that you always have too much money and nothing to spend it on. In GTAIV, there was nothing to spend money on (probably made, what, $750,000 throughout the SP missions, and spent maybe... $5000 - $10,000)... And even other open world games, from Fallout to Skyrim, and almost everything else, you accumulate a ton of money and can't spend it on anything.

So I'm glad that R* included some hugely aspirational purchases. Now, that being said, I don't really like how long it'll take to make some of that back. Someone estimate that at the rate the golf course pays out, you'd have to play the game for something like 8 hours every day for the next 2 years to make back that $150m investment... Which just doesn't make much sense for why you'd ever want to buy it (unless it gives you access to something else that you wouldn't otherwise get).

So, kudos to R* for giving you something to spend your money on in GTAV. Right now I'm feeling the squeeze though. I lost a modded car and so I haven't modded anythign until that's patched... But I'm still working off of my money from the first heist.

I also don't really think that the properties pay back enough.

The Hen House is $80,000... the cheapest property I think. It pays back $920/week. That's $920 every 5.6 hours of game time. That's just not enough of a pay back.. unless you hit a lot of missions that "pass the time" for you (a much appreciated new mechanic in GTA, btw!). It would take some 87 in-game weeks to get back your initial investment... 87 * 5.7 is 487 hours. 487 hours is 20 continuous days leaving the game plugged in or on to make back the smallest investment in the game. For a game that will probably give, at the most, 100 hours of gameplay ... It just seems really inbalanced.

Maybe there is something balancing this out that I'm not thinking of, but unless a property gives you something, there is no reason to buy it. Like, an airfield gives you access to various vehicles and storage of additional vehicles. The Hen House, as far as I know, gives you nothing but some occassional protective missions... you can't even walk into it once you buy it (a major bummer IMO). WIthout giving you something, I don't get the incentive.

please tell me that there are heists where you actually make money after the first one?

that 2nd one stung.

$20,000,000
-$20,000,000

who cares that
china gets nukes, i want my money!

I for one am very happy there is something to spend money on.

A complaint I've had about all open world games is that you always have too much money and nothing to spend it on. In GTAIV, there was nothing to spend money on (probably made, what, $750,000 throughout the SP missions, and spent maybe... $5000 - $10,000)...
Very true, especially for GTA4.

My only problem with money is doing missions that net you nothing. One or two of those can be fine and work into the story. But there are way too many of them. At this point I don't even remember the last time I got paid from one.

Andrew.

Banned
While Im down to replaying missions for gold medals and some minor trophy cleanup, I will echo the opinions of others in that there really isnt much else to do in the game once you've completed the story. The fact that there is only five Rampages and four bounties is extremely lame as they can both be knocked out within a couple of hours. Im not a big fan of collectathons so I doubt Im really going to scrounge up every piece of paper and ship part. I want to max out Trevors shooting ability, but I really have to do that at the gun range now that all the other combative side questing is completed.

I really miss the Most Wanted and Manhunt missions from IV.

Gaz_RB

Lol just switched to Michael and
he was playing video games with jimmy and got mad and threw the controller at the TV

Also I wish there were bulletproof windows!

Does anyone have tips for collecting the nuclear waste in the submarine? I got 15/30 but I can't see under water at the next location, it is literally pitch white.

Have a 3 questions if someone could answer.

1. Barry the weed guys mission.
so I collected the cars with franklin and he tells me about a smoke in as I show up and he's not there, I call him and he says he's on his way I wait a little then leave and never see or hear anything from him again, does he come back? Did I miss something?

2. On the delivering cars mission.
trevor was starting to tell the story of how him and mike met, got a little in and then the cop showed up and he stopped talking, was that suppose to happen? Or did I get to the trigger to quickly?

3. Minor turbulence
trevor is told he can recover the stuff from the crash? Can you? If I drive the dingy over there and dive down is there anything that can be recovered?

Thanks!

Top Bottom