• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

saunderez

Save those cars in the other garage. The grove street garage or whatever it's called. Same for the other two, save them in the other garages. You should get a message saying your car is at the impound. If not then the system must be bugged.

That's it, save it in a proper garage, marked with a coloured garage icon per character. I haven't lost a car since I've been using these garages and as I said earlier, the car I left on the street ended up at the impound lot.

When you switch to a different character, what do the numbers mean near the pic?

Number of available missions for that character.

Digital Foundry scored the PS3 version as their preferred version. But the parity between the two is immaculate. Can't go wrong with either.

Was considering picking up the digital version right now, any reason I shouldn't?

Normally I would pick up a physical, but since this is PSN (I've been out of the loop), will I be able to play PSN Ps3 licenses on Ps4 or no?

GQman2121

Banned
The rain effects on a sunny day are amazing. You can almost feel the storm moving in as the sky gets darker. I just keeping finding new ways to be impressed.

Just did the 1st heist. Pretty darn fun.

I don't care what anyone says, the shotgun shooting range thing is impossible.

Impossible, I tell you! Impossiblleeeeeeeeee

Round 2 had me ranging hard. I had to leave and move on.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry but you are wrong. I lost multiple bought and customized cars that were kept in the "garage" yet disappeared or had to be left at a mission starting point and never turned up at the impound.

Damn. Well, let's look forward to some better suggestions, then.

One earlier post mentioned that if you reload your last save (or when you quit and restart the game), your cars will be back where you originally left them (or possibly at the impound). Hopefully it'll become clearer in time...

Ahasverus

What the hell is wrong with you?

Yeah sorry for making my brother happy. He doesn't understand english so language is at least is safe, he can read well though, but what the hell, he played san andreas to no end since he was 5 and is halfway through dark souls, some people are just too much pussies, the only thing you need is to be WITH them no matter what they play, and explain things accordingly. You really understimate the mind of a child.
And don't worry, he still loves his kirby and mario and lego batman. Well raised children can discern fiction from reality, I know, shocking.

Sojgat

Just did the 1st heist. Pretty darn fun.

I don't care what anyone says, the shotgun shooting range thing is impossible.

Impossible, I tell you! Impossiblleeeeeeeeee

Don't just stand in one place. Move around to line up multiple targets better. It's actually kind of easy.

I couldn't even gold the first one.
I'm a miserable sod with that shotgun.

I think I'd be better with the sawed off or whichever one you unlock after that.

Available missions.

for the ones with clusters, aim for multiple targets in one shot. you'll get +3 or 5 or 7 if you hit some. those 2 aren't too bad. i think the other one is all single targets tho; that one you really have to wait for the targets to get closer to the screen so you can get a more accurate shot on them. you always get 10s if they're already way at the back of the screen

didn't think the range was TOO hard, but man fuck doing it with 3 people...

cdkee

Banned
Was considering picking up the digital version right now, any reason I shouldn't?

Normally I would pick up a physical, but since this is PSN (I've been out of the loop), will I be able to play PSN Ps3 licenses on Ps4 or no?

Some people have reported pop in issues with the digital copy.

Most likely, no. And there's probably a PS4 version on the horizon, so...

I would go with physical. That's what I have and it runs really well.

I went into the countryside earlier and found some beat up hunk of junk truck with crap all in the back and thought it was just a piece of scenery of a trailer home. Nope, I went over to it and was able to hop inside. Was on my way to the car wash to see what I could do with it to clean it up cause it actually ran nice and had a real nice sounding engine ( and anytime I stopped I had trouble getting the engine to start lmao ). But then suddenly a police chase heads right for me and I try to get out of the way but nope, get t-boned by a dude doing 120 atleast then I get creamed by several cop cars. Pushed my truck over and it went boom soon after.

I was .... disappointed.

I was wondering I'm doing (minor spoiler, Franklin mission w/Lester)
When you do the assassinations, Lester always mentions how it'll affect the stocks, but whenever I check for a stock that he's talking about, it's never there :/. Is it supposed to be? I'm trying to make some money

eival

Really? I did a ton of side missions and got to him in like 5 hours.

as soon as got control of Franklin with out any auto-missions i walked around for a few hours just lookin at stuff, i spent almost an hour in the air when i saw a helicopter landing near south LS so i hijacked that and then flew all over most of the map

reminded me of when i first escaped the vault in fallout 3, went the exact opposite direction of megaton wound up exploring the entire map before circling back around, which broke 2 achievements since i met people "out of order" that, and Red Dead and now GTA 5 are my favorite isolated singleplayer sandbox game experiences so far, being able to travel the vast world, especially away from the city in GTA5

Oozer3993

I've put in maybe 10 hours so far. There's just so much to do and explore. I've stuck an Infernus into almost every garage. Sometimes multiple ones. Because, you know, why not. I went flying around in a couple different aircraft. While the visuals get a bit messy every once in a while during drives (lots of aliasing and some framerate drops), the view from the air is incredible. Some random notes:

* I love that there's a stripper named
Infernus
* There's a
military base
!!
* Los Santos Airport is a full blown airport instead of just a runaway and one or two planes like the airport in GTA IV. As a plane geek, this pleases me greatly.
* I like the story and characters so far MUCH more than GTA IV.
* I loved the
Niko mention while assembling your crew for the first heist
* The stock market befuddles me. I need to do more research/mess around with it.
* Good lord, the prices of some real estate is crazy. Which I love.
* It seems to take a long time for your wanted level to disappear after losing the cops.
* You can
ride the roller coaster and the ferris wheel
!
* The little random moments you stumble on are great. I found a
bride running away from a church
and drove her home.

P.S. I wonder if R* will be doing another "Key to the City" contest. Methinks not. They'd have to give people, like, 2 months. My Key To The City is probably the rarest gaming related item I own.

vYdAQoR.jpg

P.P.S. At the midnight launch I went to, there was a man with his daughter, who looked like she was 10. Shocked me a little bit.

Teknoman

I went into the countryside earlier and found some beat up hunk of junk truck with crap all in the back and thought it was just a piece of scenery of a trailer home. Nope, I went over to it and was able to hop inside. Was on my way to the car wash to see what I could do with it to clean it up cause it actually ran nice and had a real nice sounding engine ( and anytime I stopped I had trouble getting the engine to start lmao ). But then suddenly a police chase heads right for me and I try to get out of the way but nope, get t-boned by a dude doing 120 atleast then I get creamed by several cop cars. Pushed my truck over and it went boom soon after.

I was .... disappointed.

Sucks when you find a vehicle you want to keep, but get obliterated before you save it.

sn00zer

So this is the first GTA ive ever sat down for a long time to play....just made the loop around the island which took around an hour....one of my top gaming experiences in years....just jaw dropping the entire time

are the cars we put into the garage saved? say I put a Banshee into the garage, take it out later and crash/abandon it, will it be back in there when I come back?

CLBridges

Finally had a chance to play this a couple hours before work and I must say: The game is very good so far! Only a couple hours in and there have been so many moments that put a smile on my face or the general banter between characters has made me laugh. The game looks good and the character movement is more tighter than GTA IV. The aiming and weapon handling is much, much better in GTAV than IV, feels much more smoother and free flowing. It seems Rockstar did take whatever feedback that was given with IV and improved upon that. I'm still getting used to switching characters and special abilities but I'm impressed so far. Rockstar, you done good! :)

kris.

Banned
Just finished
the small bank heist to get money for the chopper for the FIB.
HOLY CRAP that was the most fun I've had in a GTA game probably ever.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
So if I upgrade a car, is there any guarantee that I'll be able to keep that car? Is there some sort of insurance or something? Cause I just dropped $4500 for a better engine and now the car got jacked.is that just lost money?

Derrick01

Banned
So I finally tried golf. It's pretty easy like tennis but still kind of fun for a time or two alone. I think it'll be a lot more fun when GTA Online launches and we can play with 3 buddies.

So do your shooting stats only increase when you win gold medals at the shooting range? Or do they increase just by doing the challenges in general?

So if I upgrade a car, is there any guarantee that I'll be able to keep that car? Is there some sort of insurance or something? Cause I just dropped $4500 for a better engine and now the car got jacked.is that just lost money?

Save them in the colored garages. Not the safe house garage.

Veggy

P.P.S. At the midnight launch I went to, there was a man with his daughter, who looked like she was 10. Shocked me a little bit.

At the midnight launch I went to there was a couple with a baby that couldn't have been older than 4 months

It was bad enough seeing so many parents there with their 10-14 year olds, but the parents with the baby really disgusted me

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So has anyone bought any of the properties yet?

I only have the first one that is suggested to you as part of story, but of course the only way to make money is to run the jobs yourself for that one, just wondering if any of the others actually just give you a steady income or if you have to do jobs for each of them to get any money out of them?

Zukuu

Banned
Okay, tuning your "standard" car seems to make it permanent. I've tuned Michaels car and it just spawned fully customized.

@Oozer3993

All the stripper are named after GTA's various fast cars afair.

Joseca

Banned
Today I spent like 2 hours in the shooting range. The little things you can do in this game are so fun. And I think it will be kinda hard to get gold medal on all missions, but I'm seriously considering spending a lot of time to get the platinum trophy, this game deserves it.

Grisby

So question about something when you first take control of Trevor and the couple of missions that follow.
Is that the main guy form the Lost and Damned DLC? Was he a meth head in that dlc or something? Seems like he fell a long way.

Kind of wish I had played GTA4's DLC now.

Oozer3993

So do your shooting stats only increase when you win gold medals at the shooting range? Or do they increase just by doing the challenges in general?

They should increase just by doing the challenges.

So question about something when you first take control of Trevor and the couple of missions that follow.
Is that the main guy form the Lost and Damned DLC? Was he a meth head in that dlc or something? Seems like he fell a long way.

Kind of wish I had played GTA4's DLC now.

Yeah, he's from the Lost and Damned DLC. I've only gotten halfway through that, so I don't know if he becomes an addict in it or not.

At the midnight launch I went to there was a couple with a baby that couldn't have been older than 4 months

It was bad enough seeing so many parents there with their 10-14 year olds, but the parents with the baby really disgusted me

Know what you're trying to take focus on, and maybe you know this, but, babies don't really have a concept of day/night until their about 6 months old. So, having a baby out at midnight launch is (developmentally vs. "is this a good solid parenting decision?") slightly different than the bringing an 5/7/9 year old, etc.

3am is basically 3pm at that age to them. It's...hell on the parents. :). They probably just wanted something to play after a 3am feeding.

/parent of 2

So am I missing something?

I got home, started the game, and I got put into a cutscene of Trevor burying something, and then, game starts. Did I miss something, or was that just a random cutscene? And if it was just a random cutscene, then holy fuck MINDBLOWN

Ahasverus

They should increase just by doing the challenges.

Yeah, he's from the Lost and Damned DLC. I've only gotten halfway through that, so I don't know if he becomes an addict in it or not.

he doesn't, sorry but they botched his character for shock value

Haines

Banned
can anybody help me please

I started a game today. I had an autosave file and a normal save file from sleeping on a bed.

My girl wanted to play a game file of her own so she went to "new game".

After she was done playing, my "auto save" file was gone.

Is the only way to have multiple people playing GTA to purely rely on bed hard saves and not the auto saves?

I thought maybe it would run 2 auto save files, one for and one for her, but i guess not?

kris.

Banned
can anybody help me please

I started a game today. I had an autosave file and a normal save file from sleeping on a bed.

My girl wanted to play a game file of her own so she went to "new game".

After she was done playing, my "auto save" file was gone.

Is the only way to have multiple people playing GTA to purely rely on bed hard saves and not the auto saves?

I thought maybe it would run 2 auto save files, one for and one for her, but i guess not?

Negative, only one autosave slot. You're kinda screwed. It worked that way in GTA4 as well.

quick question regarding saves:

Is doing a quicksave on you phone the same as saving in your house?

And when I save and come back to my game, sometimes the character is in a completely different spot. Is this normal? Is this supposed to imply them going about their routines?

Top Bottom