• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Zeroxysm

Asked in the Online thread, buy still couldn't seem to find out.

Have they said how the online portion will function? As in, will it randomly join you up with people online in a server/channel or will you have to actively invited people to join your world or what have you? Not entirely sure how this dealio is set up when it comes to those things.

Did you ever play IV online? I'd assume it will be similar to that.

You have a lobby browser for different game modes (Racing, Free Mode, Cops N' Crooks, etc)

BraXzy

Your gif is my command.

VA7eFC1q3.gif

Hey You

RE: Final mission and after the main story:

since I picked the option to kill Trevor , do I have to start a whole new game just to be able to finish his rampages and SaF missions?

Just noticed that the menus that show on the on-screen phone actually correspond in real time to the one your player is holding..this game.

Just finished the game. Credits are rolling now. Now the real fun begins. I wanna try the heists choosing the different methods than I did the first time.

Is there anything more to the main story after the credits roll? Like in RDR? Yes or no. No spoilers please.

DukeBobby

Just finished the game. Credits are rolling now. Now the real fun begins. I wanna try the heists choosing the different methods than I did the first time.

Is there anything more to the main story after the credits roll? Like in RDR? Yes or no. No spoilers please.

Main story, no, but there is an extra stranger mission for Trevor.

I spoiler tagged it. but I didn't reveal any details.

Is this regarding the submarine parts? Because I just used the dinghy and scuba gear.

Nuclear waste.

anddo0

Is the H&L stock glitched?

After taking GAFs advice to buy it at $1 a share my stock market (both LCN and Bawsaq) stopped working.. I noticed today that the H&L stock finally started making me money. I then decided to sell off the H&L stock for all three characters.. And just like that I can buy new stock again. I was limited to buying/selling only stock I owned.

Is broken mission progression something that might be patched? The next epislon mission won't show up sadly. 40 hours into the game and I plan on getting the PC version so restarting isn't an option :/

Arcteryx

Is broken mission progression something that might be patched? The next epislon mission won't show up sadly. 40 hours into the game and I plan on getting the PC version so restarting isn't an option :/

Have you tried advancing the in-game clock a LONG time? Just enter/exit the save menu at your safehouse for ~ a week of in-game time(28 times). Might work :(

Also, wtf @ HAL stock: showing up as 0 on the PS3 atm. 100% loss of...500 mil lol

oh boy

End of game
I killed Trevor.........what would have happened had I chosen deathwish?

you could go back to a previous save or autosave and see for yourself.

They all live in option c and kill everyone who's given them trouble throughout the game, including Stretch, the Chinese, Devin and the FIB guy

End of game
I killed Trevor.........what would have happened had I chosen deathwish?
Aw dude.

End spoiler and answer to your question don't read if you don't want to know:

I think you got the shit ending. The death wish option leads to a big shootout and Devon, FIB dude, the Chinese boss all getting capped. I think it's the real ending rockstar wanted you to pick. Every character is also available to use after your finished. I think you miss out now on some Trevor post game stuff. Not 100% sure though.

P.s you heartless bastard! Trevor is the best.

piggychan

you could go back to a previous save or autosave and see for yourself.

They all live in option c and kill everyone who's given them trouble throughout the game, including Stretch, the Chinese, Devin and the FIB guy

Also I got to see
Trevor's mother after completing that and the credit roll ended

On the very west side of Fort Zancudo there is a spot that you can ramp a car onto the base.

I'd recommend getting a car with armor and wearing body armor.

I just fly over the equipment I need from the base and bail as Trevor, activating his special just before impact.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's too much Kendrick on the modern hip hop station and too much Dre on the classic hip hop station(sorry, but Dre only needed one song on this). Did Aftermath just shove a bunch of money at Rockstar or something?

Prologue

It's an idiotic design decision.

This + the garage decision = .....

They pushed the enveloped in so many ways but then theres those few odd choices that make me wonder if someone was fully awake on a particular day. You could even aim without shooting in Saints Row 1.

There's too much Kendrick on the modern hip hop station and too much Dre on the classic hip hop station(sorry, but Dre only needed one song on this). Did Aftermath just shove a bunch of money at Rockstar or something?

Disagree. Any West coast rap station is going to have a few Dre songs on there. They could've picked a few different ones though. I wanted Ghetto Bird.

Beat 2 days ago. I think San Andreas is still my favorite, but this is close second--the Heist missions are some of the best in the series, even if they were a bit too easy.

That last mission...
Was waaaaaaaaay too easy. I just RPGd people--even kidnapping Devin was a piece of cake. I thought he was going to bust out of the car, or a copper was going to come after me or something. Nope. Dump him over the mountain *credits*

Some crazy epic moments of did I just do that?:

During the Observatory shootout, drive the car down the mountain while evading helicopter missiles?

Drive on the train tracks to escape the cops is a slow ass van

Use the plane to escape the hangar, then parachute out when the engine blew, and land like a boss?

And countless more. Buying all DLC.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am so glad windowlicker is on the radio but it seems EXTREMELY low and hard to hear, and short. Rockstar pls.

This + the garage decision = .....

They pushed the enveloped in so many ways but then theres those few odd choices that make me wonder if someone was fully awake on a particular day. You could even aim without shooting in Saints Row 1.

There's a lot of those oddities throughout the game. I also find it very arbitrary/stupid that you can buy Los Santos Customs as Franklin, become the owner of the damn franchise, but only the far off specific store in the desert gives you the upgrades for free while the rest charge.

antitrop

CHEEZMO™;83836133 said:
Why is the radio so fucking quiet? I can barely hear it at the best of times.
I've been rocking a 30% SoundFX 100% Radio setting in every GTA game since 3 because it's always been that way.

It's a commentary on the struggle of urban youth not being able to take aim at their goals so they just shoot blindly and hope to make it.

I think I heard this in a R* design doc; it's to make shooting while driving more authentic. If you're a passenger, you can aim without shooting because you're "being taken for a ride" in both a literal and figurative sense. The driver represents the desire to seek violence and they must reconcile that drive with more rational thought (aiming before shooting). It's more difficult for them because they must split focus on both driving and shooting. The passengers represent urban youth who merely go along with what their peers do. It makes their participation in the violence all the more tragic since they not only have the ability to think/rationalize their actions, they have the chance to step out of the vehicle (like the main characters in Boys 'n The Hood and A Bronx Tale), yet they won't because that's the entire (perceived) purpose of the game/life.

Any news on when the game's coming to Games on Demand? My bro's waiting cause all his friends got the game already and he's hoping it's out before next week so they can all do Online together

antitrop

Shit, why didn't I think of that? I've been listening to the song 'Whirring Helicopter Blades' for the past 70 hours.
I'm glad I thought of it 12 years ago. Default sound mixing turns the radio into background noise, which I've always thought strange.

----

mu5zC7y.png

I have to agree with the Gies, here. I mean, you can just pull out your RPG and aim at the ground, but there really should be an option in the menu.

Top Bottom