• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Have you tried advancing the in-game clock a LONG time? Just enter/exit the save menu at your safehouse for ~ a week of in-game time(28 times). Might work :(

Will give it a try now but it's not looking good. Can't believe the game glitched in such a way, it obviously autosaved as the cars don't say to take them to the Epsilon garage but the last email I have is said request and I never got the follow up. To state again for anyone who might be able to help my power went off in the Epsilon mission following the car collection here you use the
alien tracker
Loaded the game back up when it came back on and I didn't have the email saying thank you which started the next mission before the power went out. Really sucks and seemingly might stop me from getting 100% completion :/

One minor thing that's unfortunate, ambulances no longer put people into body bags. They get out, say something like "Yep, might as well get the body bag" and then get back into the ambulance and leave.

SlickVic

I have to agree with the Gies, here. I mean, you can just pull out your RPG and aim at the ground, but there really should be an option in the menu.

Yeah, this is rather silly. But I suppose it isn't a bigger issue because, as you mentioned, finding a quick way to kill your character to force the option to appear tends to be pretty easy.

Funny thing. When I started the game I was just cruising around as Franklin and went up in the hills, saw some satellite dishes and decided to have a look. Drove past this random liquor store and wanted to see if I could get inside. I could. Walked in and discovered what looked like a meth lab with a guy in an apron so I pulled out my gun and he ran away. I chased him for a while but didn't shoot him.

My question now is what would have happened if I had shot Chef?

he probably would've survived after a visit to the hospital, lol. i was fucking around in the game and killed Jimmy, Michael's son. i didn't get a game over screen or anything, just his body laying on the sidewalk while i continued the game.

later on, Jimmy texted me saying i would need to pay his hospital bills because he doesn't have any money.

Ah crap... Terapist spoiler

So I got the last session where he goes crazy... I tried to kill him when he got into his car but didn't hit him and by the time I got to my car he was long gone....dammit....wanted to kill the bastard.

i let him go. the therapist was right, Michael needed to start controlling himself and stop killing people left and right. all he did was take some of my money, at least he gave Michael some decent advice.

Double D

Question about Lester stuff

For the Bus Assassination, I'm reading that you buy Vapid immediately after the mission and wait one real time hour. Can anyone confirm that this has worked for them? Also, were you able to capitalize with Michael and Trevor?

DjRoomba

Banned
Would it have been better if this game was Tommy Vercetti CJ and Claude? Or Trevor in place of Claude?
Screw Housers' rules, that would make a cool game

i was expecting Rockstar to make fun of Juggalos after seeing Wade with the clown makeup in a trailer. turns out Wade barely even wears it in the game.

and lol at
Trevor just destroying Floyd and his girlfriend. did he really have to kill Floyd?

Anyone else got a feeling there is some crazy Easter egg in the ocean somewhere?? Every time I dive underwater I'm expecting to see something super outrageous

Cthulhu?
Giant squid?
Godzillas lair?
Atlantis?
Mermaids?
Cjs skeleton?

When I was deep diving way offshore to see how far I could go I was thinking about this. As the light from the surface dimmed and I was faced with the dark and empty of deep water, I realized I would probably piss myself if some tentacled horror of an easter egg suddenly reached out of the black to snatch me down.

I think my dignity is glad nothing happened as I swam back up. Such great atmosphere underwater.

Would it have been better if this game was Tommy Vercetti CJ and Claude? Or Trevor in place of Claude?
Screw Housers' rules, that would make a cool game

Damn, that would have been boss!

Claude would fill Trevor's role because fuck words, his ammo does the talkin'!

On another note, I played through the torture scenario and found myself become apathetic toward the character and just did the job, and enjoyed taking him to the airport afterward.

It was a very weird scene to play through. Very weird. Huh.

Question about Lester stuff

For the Bus Assassination, I'm reading that you buy Vapid immediately after the mission and wait one real time hour. Can anyone confirm that this has worked for them? Also, were you able to capitalize with Michael and Trevor?

Worked for me, and yes,
you've got enough time to cycle characters.

Omzz

just started this game. for the past 10 minutes I've just been jumping and pressing the melee button into people and cars

DukeBobby

just started this game. for the past 10 minutes I've just been jumping and pressing the melee button into people and cars

Yep, so much fun. If you do it to someone sitting down, it will usually kill them.

It's also a great way to get over certain walls or fences that you can't climb up.

That is one fine boost. :)

Q7G0iYo.jpg

Ok thanks. Any idea if I can do some other side missions in the meantime or do I pretty much have to stay out of missions in general?

Not sure, I just slept a couple days after to see where it would stabilize. I ended up not doing any missions, but I don't know if that's a requirement.

It's not going to go anywhere, either. It's just the sign that the game is really pushing performance. You can't load the entire world up into memory, so when you go too fast, or you move in some way the game isn't able to predict and preload textures for, they'll always be around. With better tech like SSDs, it might pop-in sooner, but the fact is that you shouldn't be able to load the entire game into memory, as the game wouldn't really utilize the hardware.

In all fairness, it sounds like it's a bad issue with some. I get some sign-posts that pop-in when I race as fast as I can. Is that the problem we're talking about?

That's good info that helps me to better understand the nature of pop-in.

Yeah, I get sign posts and other small objects like that (bushes, etc.) popping in when driving really fast or just driving around constantly/steadily.

I also notice some of the windows/textures (complete with the proper light hitting them depending on the time of day) on the very large skyscrapers and other buildings kind of correcting themselves as I get closer. It's not glaring in the slightest, but the details on the large buildings don't really "fade into view" so much as they tend to pop into view sometimes. Again, this is when driving really fast at the cluster of larger buildings in the business district.

Oh, and there's also the Seahawk starting line in the canal (made available after
Franklin and Lamar's jet-ski chase with the cops
) that seems to have a ton of stuff underwater that just pops in when you dive down to the floor.

I just wish this was something the next generation of hardware could improve upon. That's the most jarring thing for me, and sort of breaks immersion a bit.

Andrew.

Banned
I think I heard this in a R* design doc; it's to make shooting while driving more authentic. If you're a passenger, you can aim without shooting because you're "being taken for a ride" in both a literal and figurative sense. The driver represents the desire to seek violence and they must reconcile that drive with more rational thought (aiming before shooting). It's more difficult for them because they must split focus on both driving and shooting. The passengers represent urban youth who merely go along with what their peers do. It makes their participation in the violence all the more tragic since they not only have the ability to think/rationalize their actions, they have the chance to step out of the vehicle (like the main characters in Boys 'n The Hood and A Bronx Tale), yet they won't because that's the entire (perceived) purpose of the game/life.

smoke-weed-o.gif

Andrew.

Banned
The ambient music that plays when flying in a helicopter or plane reminds me of Bully.

The bass lines during Repossession and Complications are total Shawn Lee-esque.

I'm guessing it's Woody Jackson. He did Redemption's soundtrack and that game had a few tracks with Shawn Lee-like Bully bass riffs in it as well.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
Man. They have to add some durability to cars next patch. The smallest bump makes it where they won't turn. Its not fun to have to switch out cars every 30 seconds

Can somebody fill me in on something story-wise that I missed?

I just completed the
Blitz mission and delivered some package to a guy named Devin. Apparently he's a friend of that d-bag Steve from the FIB but I don't remember Steve ever mentioning the guy and honestly I don't even remember why I was doing the mission. I haven't played in a couple days and the last thing I did was grab all of the stuff like masks, getaway car, garbage truck, etc. but I don't remember how the mission originated or who is behind it. And why am I delivering an evelope to this Devin guy when all we stole was cash? Did Steve and Dave send me on this mission to rob an IAA truck or something?

It almost feels like I skipped part of the story or something because I don't remember anything. I played the Merryweather Heist between the time I started this Devin mission collecting all of the stuff I needed and then actually completing it so I'm lost on the story now.

Aleph

This just happened: I was driving my Coquette around south Los Santos, when I saw a blue blip on the map representing a random event, in an alley.
I parked the car as a lady shouted at me to help her. I got out of the car, and she told me that 'his face is all red and he's dripping blood' (something like that), and that she wanted me to follow her. Knowing that it could be a setup, I pulled my supressed pump-shotgun and followed her. As she was climbing the stairs into a building, she shouted 'he has a gun, it's a bust!', and at the same time, a guy appeared from the corner ahead and started running.
I quickly shot both of them in the head and left the scene.

Andrew.

Banned
This just happened: I was driving my Coquette around south Los Santos, when I saw a blue blip on the map representing a random event, in an alley.
I parked the car as a lady shouted at me to help her. I got out of the car, and she told me that 'his face is all red and he's dripping blood' (something like that), and that she wanted me to follow her. Knowing that it could be a setup, I pulled my supressed pump-shotgun and followed her. As she was climbing the stairs into a building, she shouted 'he has a gun, it's a bust!', and at the same time, a guy appeared from the corner ahead and started running.
I quickly shot both of them in the head and left the scene.

You really dont need spoiler tags for that and I was really anxiously awaiting a good ending to it. The whole tone of what you wrote seemed as if something major was gonna happen.

=(

Reule

It's probably been brought up but I found the Love Fist shirt that was shown in one of the screenshots before the game came out. There's two other neat shirts there too.

It's on Vespucci Beach at the
Vespucci Movie Masks
Store (unlocked after
Blitz Play
). I think only Trevor can buy shirts from there as I didn't get any options as Franklin. Didn't try Michael yet.

Going by youtube others are having the issue I described above so hopefully it's resolved quickly.

Does Suburban have more undershirts for Franklin(ie to wear with the jackets)? The only one I have is white.

Edit: I find it odd that they allow you to hide the menu like in Max Payne 3 to get a better view of what's happening......or not because they cover everything in vaseline and filters and don't let you look around while doing so.

Bishop89

my god this game is amazing.

returning patricia to her husband and trevor crying his heart out
whilst "chicago - if you leave me now" is playing on the radio..

Brilliant.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I left most of the Strangers & Freaks missions till after the story was done, that probably wasn't the best idea, it can be a bit tedious doing them all together instead of spacing them out.

Top Bottom