• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Is anyone else finding both the choppers and the
submarine
very difficult to control? handling is atrocious, so much so that I loathe any mission that features either one.

What's even more baffling is that the chopper controls and handling is actually worse than it was in Gay Tony. It's unbelievable....

NeoGiff

I have to say, in relation to the officially released soundtrack, some of the omissions are disappointing.

My favorite original track isn't on it. It plays when you do the
parachuting side missions
with Franklin, and during some gunfights throughout the game. It's a very 80s-esque, evocative piece. Anyone have a YouTube link for it, by any chance?

submarine
very difficult to control? handling is atrocious, so much so that I loathe any mission that features either one.

What's even more baffling is that the chopper controls and handling is actually worse than it was in Gay Tony. It's unbelievable....

Once you get your flying stats at max the it becomes a lot easier.

kris.

Banned
HAL stock has dropped in my game. Social Club is showing the recent high of 4.57 still being the current value but in my game it's 4.44 now. PS3

Give it time. It's slowly rising. Come next week we'll all be billionaires.

I put all of my money on all 3 characters into it and I'm at about $71 million each. :3

jjw3k

Banned
submarine

Nope, not a single complaint here. The controls do what they're supposed to, I love them.

Personally, I just flew in with a chopper, landed just outside of the hangar and ran straight to the jet. No problem at all.

I'm sure that can work, but the army has something that can blow you up instantly. I drove my car right up next to the hangar before getting four stars. Immediately upon getting those stars, my car exploded. Parachuting straight into the hangar actually makes them lose sight of you for a moment and gives you a chance to turn left and fly out.

Once you get your flying stats at max the it becomes a lot easier.

The wobbling/turbulence is still insane with full flying skill. Trying to do anything that requires finesse is a pain, even with careful movements. They should only have turbulence once you reach a very high height are near a mountain or are in a valley.

Give it time. It's slowly rising. Come next week we'll all be billionaires.

I put all of my money on all 3 characters into it and I'm at about $71 million each. :3

Well I sold earlier around $1.20 so I bought back in at $4.54 and now it's dropped to $4.44. Nervous!

cormack12

Gold Member
submarine

Choppers have a certain rhythm rather than technique. As soon as you get in ascend then press your left thumbstick forward to bomb forward. Every now and again release the thumbstick and just give R2 a squeeze to maintain height. It's almost like you're riding a sea current.

Use L1 and R1 to switch your direction quick. Stop pressing it just before you think you should and when you straighten out you should be on course.

redhot_

Good game but some minor issues:

1) Melee hand to hand fighting isn't as good as I hoped it'd be. No combo hits?

2) Driving while shooting is hard.

3) I don't feel any consequences of accidentally running over someone or stealing a car. How about some police response, ambulance, etc. Was GTA always like this?

Go into settings, change target to Complex, and vehicle camera to High, helped me out.

kiyomi

submarine

The Heli controls are fine for me. Enjoyable, even.

The other one though, yeesh. So slow. Really didn't like that one.

Ferrio

Banned
Good game but some minor issues:

1) Melee hand to hand fighting isn't as good as I hoped it'd be. No combo hits?

2) Driving while shooting is hard.

3) I don't feel any consequences of accidentally running over someone or stealing a car. How about some police response, ambulance, etc. Was GTA always like this?

3. Police will respond if they see it, or a civilian calls the police.

kris.

Banned
Well I sold earlier around $1.20 so I bought back in at $4.54 and now it's dropped to $4.44. Nervous!

Eesh :/ yeah, that's no good. I sold at like $1.45 to buy some property/trick out some cars and put it all back in right after.

Melee fighting is fun as hell. Punches feel so powerful, especially running up to someone and just randomly throwing them a haymaker to knock them the fuck out. Soooooooo satisfying.

Overdoziz

Banned
HAL stock has dropped in my game. Social Club is showing the recent high of 4.57 still being the current value but in my game it's 4.44 now. PS3
I don't think the site and game update at the same time. Hell, even the BAWSAQ in the game often doesn't match up with what it says in your in-game portfolio.

kiyomi

Thanks for info.

How about hand to hand fighting? Do you unlock punch combos? It feels kind of sloppy.

Maybe I'm spoiled with Uncharted and Batman.
Well, you can dodge and counter, but that's about it. I don't really like melee fighting in GTAV except once when as Trevor I kicked a barstool out from underneath a customer's feet and he toppled over, falling onto someone else.

duckroll

Goddamnit, I sold my 1 dollar HAL shares when it was at 1.20 or something the other day. I feel like a moron. But even at $4.40 I've reinvested 800k from Michael and 500k from Trevor into the stock. Hopefully at some point it will go back to the high of 9 bucks... or even beyond! :D

Is the 100% checklist in the stats menu broken? My completed activities don't match up with my stats on the social club website. Is it even possible to get 100% right now?

Aleph

I have invested around 500k in HAL shares, hoping they go up.

edit: is there anything that we can do in-game to make that happen?

Derrick01

Banned
Thank god for that Trevor mission just now. I had done at least 4 or 5 straight incredibly boring missions that reminded me of GTA IV and I was starting to lose my good feelings on the game. Then Trevor comes through with the crazy, just what I needed.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Getting these collectibles is a nightmare. The jumps have to be pulled off perfectly. The knife flights risk a massive crash. The parts and scraps are just damn long!

Thought it would be a breeze with a guide but it's still a chore. I can't imagine anyone trying to no guide it.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Played the supposed controversial mission today. I do not get what the fuss is about. I found it an enjoyable mission and I even laughed as I was doing it, and I sometimes find it hard to watch these kind of things in movies. I think games just haven't got to the point graphically yet that I care when this stuff happens to a random character in a game. It's just not the same as seeing this kind of scene in a movie with a real person.

Nameless

Is there anyway to get scuba gear for your characters? I know you're supposed to get some for a mission at some point but I'd really like to do some deep sea exploring/treasure hunting on my own time. The ocean is so beautiful and relaxing, like playing Ecco The Dolphin, it would be a shame for it to only be accessible for as long as a character can hold their breath(or in the confines of a submarine).

duckroll

Is there anyway to get scuba gear for your characters? I know you're supposed to get some for a mission at some point but I'd really like to do some deep sea exploring/treasure hunting on my own time. The ocean is so beautiful and relaxing, like playing Ecco The Dolphin, it would be a shame for it to only be accessible for as long as a character can hold their breath(or in the confines of a submarine).

Once the Death at Sea mission for Michael is available and you start it off, there'll be a boat with diving gear at the pier where you can also buy that property which gives you the submarine.

Clevinger

So Rockstar really loves that "hold button to run, tap button to sprint" bullshit huh? So awful.

Other than that I've been enjoying the game.

Nameless

Once the Death at Sea mission for Michael is available and you start it off, there'll be a boat with diving gear at the pier where you can also buy that property which gives you the submarine.

Thanks, good to know. Guess it's time to start doing missions again.

Dreaver

welp, the second guy you need to bring in as Trevor for the people you need to hunt down is not that smart. After looking around for 15 minutes I found him. We had a nice drive for a while. I saw a propellor plane landing. I thought it would be fun to take him for a little flight. Well, like I said the guy isn't very smart. He wanted to enter the right seat but he forgot there was a propellor at the nose of the plane. So yeah, he was meat grinded into it. Goodbye extra $ for turning him in living.

For stealing a jet, I just ordered a cab, picked up a passenger and then blew through the checkpoints. That made them not shoot me for a few extra seconds before 5 star rating. Which was enough to get into the jet. And then there was an epic story of me running around town with a jet, but I'll save that for later! Totally worth it imo.

Top Bottom