• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Fjordson

I've been rocking a 30% SoundFX 100% Radio setting in every GTA game since 3 because it's always been that way.
:lol I'm similar.

Not quite that low with sound effects, but I put them down two notches and raised the radio two notches. Done it with every game since III, sounds much better.

Dave_6

I have enjoyed this game SO much that I've actually taken a break from it for the past ~24 hours as I don't want it to end. Granted I'm only ~70% complete so I still have a lot left to do once the story is over...

Megasoum

Banned
Wait... 5th heist question

Is it normal that Michael doesn't get a $ out of it? Frank get 200k but Michael get 0???

I'm tired of the lack of money rewards in that game

Reule

Yep. I found once I got ~75% through the story that the cars just stopped spawning certain models. The only real solutions I've found/heard:
* Complete restart of the console(usually works for awhile, then fucks up again)
* Start a separate new-game; play up until you can drive around free and then re-load your old save(this one seems to work the longest, but eventually you need to re-do it/restart the console)
* For specific cars(F620 etc), do the mission that has them available, fail it, and then when you go back to your normal save it should spawn more frequently(I went from seeing no F620s to seeing 5 in the last couple hours).
Just came into the thread to complain about the traffic rotation. Yeah, something is up when you get later into the game. I'm at 87.7% at the moment and it seems there's about 5 models of vehicles on the road most of the time while at the beginning there was a lot more variety. I just took a break just now, hope it fixes it a bit when I get back on.

finally found the military base....goddamn, they don't fuck around. Shot me down when I flying above it in the helicopter and twice I was blown up by the fucking tank. Hell, when I managed to evade their line of sight in the mountain area and no stars were present on the screen, two soldiers were still hunting me down and one of them shot me

I have to agree with the Gies, here. I mean, you can just pull out your RPG and aim at the ground, but there really should be an option in the menu.
Same. I used remote mines on myself after having a particular heist lose its shit. Couldn't switch characters, couldn't aim up or down for some reason, and none of the scripted stuff would trigger. Ran around for quite a while and looked for that non-existent reload checkpoint option in the menus, to no avail.

But then I remembered I had explosives in my back pocket. Whammo.

There is no escaping open world jank, especially in a title this ambitious. Its very solid though for the most part. Probably one of the most stable of the open world games I've played, not counting the Social Club stuff of course.

I think I heard this in a R* design doc; it's to make shooting while driving more authentic. If you're a passenger, you can aim without shooting because you're "being taken for a ride" in both a literal and figurative sense. The driver represents the desire to seek violence and they must reconcile that drive with more rational thought (aiming before shooting). It's more difficult for them because they must split focus on both driving and shooting. The passengers represent urban youth who merely go along with what their peers do. It makes their participation in the violence all the more tragic since they not only have the ability to think/rationalize their actions, they have the chance to step out of the vehicle (like the main characters in Boys 'n The Hood and A Bronx Tale), yet they won't because that's the entire (perceived) purpose of the game/life.

Whew, gotdamn. This game is rife with symbolism.

The broken garage system must be some kind of commentary on the US auto bailout. There are no janky mechanics, only commentary.

Just came into the thread to complain about the traffic rotation. Yeah, something is up when you get later into the game. I'm at 87.7% at the moment and it seems there's about 5 models of vehicles on the road most of the time while at the beginning there was a lot more variety. I just took a break just now, hope it fixes it a bit when I get back on.

Noticed this as well. Early on, there seemed to be a lot of variety to the cars in the road, which isn't the case now. Probably a bug that needs fixing.

Swhalen

Man I've been having a blast with this game, I just wish there were more heists! Maybe even a way to go on random heist missions after the story is complete.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I definitely feel like I've seen a lot of the Jeep type the further into the game I go.

In the 'hood' areas and the suburban areas and the outdoors.

Dinokill

AMAZING DETAIL I JUST FOUND OUT!!!!!

If you take a picture while in a car with a radio station on and saved it to the social club, when you browse the picture on your computer and have Spotify installed a small square will appear in the picture with the song you were listening at the time you took the pic.

f0nz0

Anyone else got a feeling there is some crazy Easter egg in the ocean somewhere?? Every time I dive underwater I'm expecting to see something super outrageous

Cthulhu?
Giant squid?
Godzillas lair?
Atlantis?
Mermaids?
Cjs skeleton?

Yerolo

finally found the military base....goddamn, they don't fuck around. Shot me down when I flying above it in the helicopter and twice I was blown up by the fucking tank. Hell, when I managed to evade their line of sight in the mountain area and no stars were present on the screen, two soldiers were still hunting me down and one of them shot me

I think if you want to try landing in the base, you need to fly in under the radar (one of the missions teaches you how to do this)...essentially stay under the horizontal line on your minimap

Although once you land, well all bets are off then :)

cdkee

Banned
I'm trying to do the
Epsilon
car mission, and I can't find a Lambo. In fact I don't think I've ever seen one in my game. My game seems to only Jeeps and Ferrari 458s always.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One of my biggest fears in these games is the traffic/pedestrian spawning getting glitched.

SAY IT AIN'T SO

Not like it's the first time

In San Andreas there was a point in most peoples' saved games where the trains NEVER went through Los Santos after that first Big Smoke mission where you take him home.

Gaz_RB

Wait... 5th heist question

Is it normal that Michael doesn't get a $ out of it? Frank get 200k but Michael get 0???

I'm tired of the lack of money rewards in that game

It's because the reason they are even going in there is because of Michael. In order to get his crew together, he had to sacrifice his own pay out. The lack of money in this game is part of the story, and I think it works out pretty well.

TheContact

I tried holding Triangle (Y) whe nentering vehicles but he isn't putting the seatbelt on. Also is it safe to mod the character's default vehicles?

Pandemic

Quick questions,

Is it possible to get the
armor used in the Paleto Score Setup mission?

And, is it possible to get the
car that has the guns and spikes attached to it?

Gaz_RB

I tried holding Triangle (Y) whe nentering vehicles but he isn't putting the seatbelt on. Also is it safe to mod the character's default vehicles?

Yeah it's safe for the most part. You might have some trouble with Michael's because of some story stuff, but I haven't had any issues with modding their default cars.

i was hoping for more Queen songs.

will Rockstar ever use the more practical "lean analog stick slightly to walk, more to run" mechanic instead of the annoying tap tap tap the X button to run?

Gaz_RB

Anyone else really like Radio Mirror Park? I thought I'd be on Radio Los Santos the whole time, but I really like some of the songs on Radio Mirror Park. Addicted to Psychic City right now.

DukeBobby

Anyone else really like Radio Mirror Park? I thought I'd be on Radio Los Santos the whole time, but I really like some of the songs on Radio Mirror Park. Addicted to Psychic City right now.

My second favourite station. There's a lot of great, obscure bands on there.

Megasoum

Banned
Ah crap... Terapist spoiler

So I got the last session where he goes crazy... I tried to kill him when he got into his car but didn't hit him and by the time I got to my car he was long gone....dammit....wanted to kill the bastard.

Zeroxysm

Ah crap... Terapist spoiler

So I got the last session where he goes crazy... I tried to kill him when he got into his car but didn't hit him and by the time I got to my car he was long gone....dammit....wanted to kill the bastard.

I died while trying to kill him.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I am mainly on Rock but I also like Radio Mirror Park. Also sometimes go on FlyLo, Radio Los Santos, and West Coast Classics.

I actually sorta listen to stuff that suits each character. Though I don't like the punk station at all, so with Trevor I listen to Rebel Radio and Non Stop Pop because him going on a rampage to Rihanna is amazing.

AMAZING DETAIL I JUST FOUND OUT!!!!!

If you take a picture while in a car with a radio station on and saved it to the social club, when you browse the picture on your computer and have Spotify installed a small square will appear in the picture with the song you were listening at the time you took the pic.

(I think) it happens even when you're near a vehicle that has the radio on. I remember taking a selfie of Michael after riding a blimp to the mountaintop yoga site, then being chased by a cougar, then grabbing a dirtbike and crashing further down the mountain. Michael wasn't on the bike, but the radio was still going; in my pictures on the social club site, there's a song attached.

Funny thing. When I started the game I was just cruising around as Franklin and went up in the hills, saw some satellite dishes and decided to have a look. Drove past this random liquor store and wanted to see if I could get inside. I could. Walked in and discovered what looked like a meth lab with a guy in an apron so I pulled out my gun and he ran away. I chased him for a while but didn't shoot him.

My question now is what would have happened if I had shot Chef?

Been making my way through this slowly. I'm really enjoying the mission design this time around.

Huge leap over the drive then shoot missions of GTA IV and pretty big leap over RDR which had a variety of good side content but core missions were typically shootouts on foot and horseback. The character switching is fantastic and really allowed them to bunch up a handful of gameplay types in most missions. I haven't done many stranger missions but I hope they are good. Guessing they are probably all single-character.

The lights in the city at night never get old.

Gaz_RB

Funny thing. When I started the game I was just cruising around as Franklin and went up in the hills, saw some satellite dishes and decided to have a look. Drove past this random liquor store and wanted to see if I could get inside. I could. Walked in and discovered what looked like a meth lab with a guy in an apron so I pulled out my gun and he ran away. I chased him for a while but didn't shoot him.

My question now is what would have happened if I had shot Chef?

He would have gone to the hospital! Only bad guys die in GTA! Everyone else just gets "wasted" ;)

Top Bottom