• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Chipotle

End credits are rolling. It's after this point that most of my GTA playing happens - I still feel like there's loads of places I haven't explored so looking forward to that and doing the bits and pieces that are left (there looks to be loads).

On GTAIV there was an in game website with the location of the pigeons. Anything similar here? Any recommendations for cool stuff to do now (aside from make money on the market)?

Aleph

End credits are rolling. It's after this point that most of my GTA playing happens - I still feel like there's loads of places I haven't explored so looking forward to that and doing the bits and pieces that are left (there looks to be loads).

On GTAIV there was an in game website with the location of the pigeons. Anything similar here? Any recommendations for cool stuff to do now (aside from make money on the market)?

On the Social Club site there's a map that shows the location of the unlockables you have collected and the ones you haven´t.

Just hopped on to flog off my HAL stock. The BAWSAQ is down for maintenance! Hopefully they don't screw with any of the values and it's available again for trading when I'm home for lunch.

Anyone else having issues with the traffic rotation since finishing the game? It's the same 5 or so cars spawning for me, and just them. No matter what car I drive it's stuck as those.

I finished the game today too, here's some fun aircraft stuff to try that I've been doing:

- Break into the military base and steal a fighter jet, store it.
- Buy a cargobob online and have fun picking up buses on the freeway and dropping them.
- Buy the airport hangar property - this stops you from getting wanted stars in the airport. Have a look around, nearly every plane is there for you to fly if you want. You'll never need to buy the Shamal or Luxor because they're here all the time. You can also get into the giant jet liners and fly them.
- Use the fighter jet to blow up a jumbo jet as it's taking off: it's awesome, and then police choppers will show up for you to fight as well.

Arcteryx

Just hopped on to flog off my HAL stock. The BAWSAQ is down for maintenance! Hopefully they don't screw with any of the values and it's available again for trading when I'm home for lunch.

Anyone else having issues with the traffic rotation since finishing the game? It's the same 5 or so cars spawning for me, and just them. No matter what car I drive it's stuck as those.

Yep. I found once I got ~75% through the story that the cars just stopped spawning certain models. The only real solutions I've found/heard:
* Complete restart of the console(usually works for awhile, then fucks up again)
* Start a separate new-game; play up until you can drive around free and then re-load your old save(this one seems to work the longest, but eventually you need to re-do it/restart the console)
* For specific cars(F620 etc), do the mission that has them available, fail it, and then when you go back to your normal save it should spawn more frequently(I went from seeing no F620s to seeing 5 in the last couple hours).

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Is there a trick to stealing jumbo jets? Haven't been able to

There are two at the end of the runway, one yellow, one white - side by side. Those are the only two that i've been able to get into at the LS airport, aside from the private jets.

Do any of you hooligans have the leaked debug screenshot from I wanna say 2009?

Okay before I go into these triathlons. Do you actually get anything for doing all of them? Or just sense of achievement?
Stats boost, that's it.

The last one is the only one that's a pain. The other ones are fairly easy.

Amagon

Is there like a faq about the stock market or something? Very confuse what to do besides buying stock from the Lester missions.

Very disappointed with the story, but I guess what Rockstar is saying here is that they can't do any better because gamers expect GTA to be the carnival of chaos.

Yep. I found once I got ~75% through the story that the cars just stopped spawning certain models. The only real solutions I've found/heard:
* Complete restart of the console(usually works for awhile, then fucks up again)
* Start a separate new-game; play up until you can drive around free and then re-load your old save(this one seems to work the longest, but eventually you need to re-do it/restart the console)
* For specific cars(F620 etc), do the mission that has them available, fail it, and then when you go back to your normal save it should spawn more frequently(I went from seeing no F620s to seeing 5 in the last couple hours).

Urgh...how annoying..

From what I understand it's not until later in the game that certain cars start spawning anyway. I wonder if the starting a new game technique only allows cars available early on in the game to spawn.

Minor Turbulence

Granted it didn't start off very strong but the middle and end parts were great.

Amazing soundtrack, very fun mission. Loved the dialogue between Trevor and Ron towards the end too.

Speaking of, is the music from the first heist on the soundtrack? Dat 80s synth.

So should I invest in HAL right now? Will I profit?

I personally wouldn't, but you never know what it's going to do. You could always make two saves.

Hmmm, should I drop out of HAL now? Went down some.

I'm considering getting out now, but BAWSAQ is down for maintenance.

How high can the Hawk and Little stocks go? 30-50?

The highest price they've been is $50. These figures can be found on the BAWSAQ itself, in game and in the social club.

Is there like a faq about the stock market or something? Very confuse what to do besides buying stock from the Lester missions.

It's not that clear cut. The Lester missions are the only sure thing. You just have to monitor what the stocks are doing and buy when low sell when high.

Septimius

Beat the game last night. I'm looking to make some serious cash on the stock
market, tips?

The near only way to make money on stocks is by doing the assassination missions for Lester with Franklin. They'll trigger certain movements in certain stocks. Other than that, there are rumors about being able to manipulate the stock market by "destroying the competition", but I think it's just as likely to simply be confirmation bias. Then the BAWSAQ stocks are allegedly driven by all people's actions. Like buying guns from AmmuNation should drive that stock up. Which makes no sense to me, since it can't keep going indefinitely. So either it's based on volume that day, which means all stocks will rise during launch, then fall when people stop playing, or it's another formula. I have no idea. So far, stuff goes up until it goes down, so if something's in an upward trend, you can buy it. But BAWSAQ is about real-life days. Also, the stock charts in the game are completely broken. So if you're gonna trade BAWSAQ, check the stocks via SocialClub, not via the game. And a good return is probably +10% in a week. Real time.

With Hal going down how should I make money? I have about 18 million a character to spend.

And where are the Epislon missions listed in terms of the menu? I want to see if it even recognizes that I completed the car delivery, really want the next mission to pop back up ;-;

With Hal going down how should I make money? I have about 18 million a character to spend.

And where are the Epislon missions listed in terms of the menu? I want to see if it even recognizes that I completed the car delivery, really want the next mission to pop back up ;-;

I'm assuming you've finished the story and Lester's missions.

Just monitor the BAWSAQ. Buy stocks when they're at their lowest and wait until they get to a value you're comfortable with.

cluto

Hmm (post-game spoilers): Maybe we should have a separate thread for this?

I'm surprised they didn't mention the sunken UFO. No idea if it directly ties into the conspiracy thing or if it's just a set piece, but it can be found here: http://i.imgur.com/1M4AEGb.png

It might be worth noting that in the video's map with the mural overlayed on top, the eye of the mural is in basically the same spot as the sunken UFO.

Arcteryx

The Karin Sultan is AWESOME once fully modded; works really well rally-style too. I took it flying down some roads in the woods and didn't have issues staying glued to the dirt.

OMG Blitz Play. YES. The set up, the actual mission, the music, the character switching, the mess. Yes to all of it

Yeah, like I've said dozens of times before, the mission design in this game is insanely good.

This mission, alongside the one with Trevor and Franklin earlier really highlights how satisfying the shooting is.

Yeah, like I've said dozens of times before, the mission design in this game is insanely good.

This mission, alongside the one with Trevor and Franklin earlier really highlights how satisfying the shooting is.

Yeah, Hood Safari was really good too.

As long as you have a bit of space and aren't being overwhelmed, combat works decently. Gunplay is still really satisfying. Ultimately my issue is with the character movement/cover system and how they use the crosshair.

hahahaha front flips off Franklin's roof into his pool...priceless

This game needs a record feature so bad.

The first thing I did when I unlocked that was working out how to get on the roof so I could jump into the pool from it.

So glad they put those wheelie bins against the wall!

Asked in the Online thread, buy still couldn't seem to find out.

Have they said how the online portion will function? As in, will it randomly join you up with people online in a server/channel or will you have to actively invited people to join your world or what have you? Not entirely sure how this dealio is set up when it comes to those things.

Top Bottom