• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Dead Man

Bumping from the bottom of the last page:

Since the crazy old racist R* don't let Frank play tennis, does kicking cows increase strength the same way as melee fights? It increases the special meter, and aftr kicking a bunch I think it went up but it is very bloody slow. Meanwhile 1 full match of tennis and Mikes strength is almost maxed.

Oh gosh wow!!!! You must be the first!!! Congratz brah!!!

Stay classy.

So I'm preparing for the final heist - which is better/more profitable?

Subtle or Obvious

Apparently obvious will make you more money, but subtle is much cooler.

scarlet

So I'm preparing for the final heist - which is better/more profitable?

Subtle or Obvious

Latter.

I pick
Liliana, Daryl, Karim and another cheap gunmen. I got 40m/each character

I don't know if it's glitch or not.

But Michael lost his shoes, i want to change his outfit and there's no shoes

Edit: apparently it depends on your clothes

The whole freaking system is out of order. Can't see my stocks. Damn Bawsaq.

Nearing the end of the game, and I wish Franklin
weren't so lonely :(
. I also hope I can put a bullet in the head of every asshole who has given me a mission and stiffed on the payment.

scarlet

The whole freaking system is out of order. Can't see my stocks. Damn Bawsaq.

Nearing the end of the game, and I wish Franklin
weren't so lonely :(
. I also hope I can put a bullet in the head of every asshole who has given me a mission and stiffed on the payment.

Bawsaq isn't working for me right now.

Try to buy stocks, click buy and nothing happened

It makes me sad you can't derail trains. I just blocked the line with TWO of those massive dumptrucks from the quarry, and the train hit it and they just glitched out of its way. I had purposely arranged them so they were wedged over the tracks and couldn't just be pushed along.

:(

red731

Guys. Go online, choose FOOD&DRINKS and selec the TACO one.
Scroll down and press listen.
I don't think they want to teach us correct translation and usage of Spanish.

RaikuHebi

Banned
So is there anyone who has fully completed all the content in the game? I mean above and beyond 100% (since tons of stuff isn't required for it).

94% done myself at the moment with just the collectibles (helicopters are a god send for these), knife flights and stunt jumps left.

The Social Club thing is brilliant, just signed up yesterday and it's the best way to ensure you complete everything.

Fjordson

Man, Blitz Play was hype as hell. Fantastic mission.

Blitz Play spoilers
the masks you can buy :lol had all three characters decked out in luchador masks

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It makes me sad you can't derail trains. I just blocked the line with TWO of those massive dumptrucks from the quarry, and the train hit it and they just glitched out of its way. I had purposely arranged them so they were wedged over the tracks and couldn't just be pushed along.

:(

Yeah, I tried to take one out with some sticky bombs, no joy. Not as annoying as not being able to airlift the sub, but still a shame.

My most disappointing glitch was after bailing out of a jumbo jet high over some water and watching it fall as I chuted down. I got my mrs and was like "watch this! It's going to be great!" The plane was in a fatal nosedive towards the water but when it's about to hit it stops, nose down, stays there for about 10 seconds and then blows up in the most pathetic way possible. Booo!

Andrew.

Banned
Man, Blitz Play was hype as hell. Fantastic mission.

Blitz Play spoilers
the masks you can buy :lol had all three characters decked out in luchador masks

Yeah I just replayed it last night and forgot about how awesome it is for real. The music during that heist is really good too. You gotta buy the
hockey masks
for everyone so it is basically a carbon copy of the beginning scene from Heat.

Gacha-pin

I called 911 for paramedic. An ambulance came. It stayed for a few second and drove away without doing nothing. I prefer Liberty City's emergency service :(

torontoml

Yea, I didn't do lesters missions till the end, well I did one of his missions. Buying debonaire before the heist, selling when it peaked and then buying redwood when it was at it's lowest and selling at something like 150%, the former being something like 300 iirc. He was talks about what to invest in, and I didn't want to do it earlier cuz I didn't have that much money.
I left all those to the end as well, but the stocks seemed to plateau between a 50% and 85% increase? I would wait about 12 to 18 in game hours and the price would start dropping again. Should I have waited longer?

Yeah, I tried to take one out with some sticky bombs, no joy. Not as annoying as not being able to airlift the sub, but still a shame.

My most disappointing glitch was after bailing out of a jumbo jet high over some water and watching it fall as I chuted down. I got my mrs and was like "watch this! It's going to be great!" The plane was in a fatal nosedive towards the water but when it's about to hit it stops, nose down, stays there for about 10 seconds and then blows up in the most pathetic way possible. Booo!

Explosions/destruction in general are a huge step back from IV :(

GlamFM

Banned
Story took a spectacular turn yesterday night that I did not see coming.

Also:

R3cn2Nz.png

I hope I will somehow make it to 100% before online hits.

This game is huge..

What? Good god no. The chain reaction explosions in V absolutely destroy anything in IV. Stuff took too long to blow up in IV and when it did it was usually underwhelming.

The explosions in IV look so much cooler than in V, I think.

And you can drop a vehicle off a skyscraper and have it barely dent. In IV it would have been a cube of metal. I like that cars are more durable, but not at the expense of the damage model being so dumbed down.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

And you can drop a vehicle off a skyscraper and have it barely dent. In IV it would have been a cube of metal. I like that cars are more durable, but not at the expense of the damage model being so dumbed down.

That's funny, I find the cars much more fragile in V, I'm forever fucking the wheel arches in my cars. And I have straight up blown up about 5 times driving off mountains. IV gave a lot more warning before the car would blow.

NeoGiff

There are lots of fantastic juniors here at any given time. You were once a junior yourself too. Don't throw them all under the bus because of one shithead. C'mon!

This. "Junior" here doesn't necessarily mean young/immature. Back on topic, I was late in realizing that
Lester's assassination missions can be left until the end
. Thus, I missed out on a LOT of profit. I was also late to the whole HAL manipulation scheme, but last night I invested around $50,000,000 with each character (all the money I had), making a separate save in case it didn't work out. An hour ago I checked BAWSAQ, and it had gone up to 5.34 as opposed to the 4.something it was at last night. Netted a nice cozy profit for each character!

So, what should we manipulate next, GAF?

That's funny, I find the cars much more fragile in V, I'm forever fucking the wheel arches in my cars. And I have straight up blown up about 5 times driving off mountains. IV gave a lot more warning before the car would blow.

The wheel arches are the only vulnerable thing, I've found. I can take a prius over the hills, smash it up on the highway and it will still mostly be in shape and perfectly drivable.

I liked in IV that when you made a mistake and fucked up your car, son, your car done look fucked up :p

DjRoomba

Banned

the cars warp far more than a racing game man. Nothings been dumbed down. All thats been changed is that cars no longer handle like a heavy moose with zero handling, and things are slightly more arcadey in that your car doesnt blow up or irreversably flip over every 2 minutes

Igo

Was HawkAndLittle's substantial drop something Rockstar initiated, players playing through the story, or was it actually market driven?

I could have made like 24 billion had I been paying attention to this thread earlier :( Not that there's anything to do with that money in game anyway.

Jamie OD

Story took a spectacular turn yesterday night that I did not see coming.

Late game spoiler

Are you talking about
Michael chasing Trevor back to the town where Michael's grave is
? I just reached that point of the story yet it doesn't feel like it's near the finale yet.

The HAL manipulation is one of the best community-changing-games moment in a traditional game ever.

Sadly I only put like $10,000 into it on day 1... so, sure I've gotten a nice profit of $60,000 but I just didn't have enough money to spend into it.

duckroll

A freight train or the transit/underground trains?

Freight. I've barely touched the transit network. I was really surprised how detailed the tunnels and the commuter platform/train station was when I escaped from the tunnels once. There's so much stuff in the game which is optional but really well crafted. So much potential for GTA Online...

the cars warp far more than a racing game man. Nothings been dumbed down. All thats been changed is that cars no longer handle like a heavy moose with zero handling, and things are slightly more arcadey in that your car doesnt blow up or irreversably flip over every 2 minutes

That just speaks to how bad the damage systems in most racing games are :p

They definitely dent/warp less than in IV. I've had very few cars end up looking as bad as they did in IV, despite doing far worse things with them.

GlamFM

Banned
Late game spoiler

Are you talking about
Michael chasing Trevor back to the town where Brad is buried in Michael's grave, resulting in Michael being kidnapped by a Chinese gang
? I just reached that point of the story yet it doesn't feel like it's near the finale yet.

That´s exactly what I´m talking about ;)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Where does the HAL manipulation stem from? Is it a GAF thing? A Reddit thing? A N Other... ?

I think it's just an obvious stock to buy since it's so cheap. I guess that more people buy it, the higher it'll go. I sunk 1 mil into it when it was a dollar, but it would be amazing if it kept climbing. Daddy wants a golf course!

Andrew.

Banned

Hands down one of the coolest "oh shit" moments of gaming for me. That whole buildup and the subsequent follow through really is when everything takes off and you're plastered to the storyline like a good weekend of a Breaking Bad binge.

Andrew.

Banned
Reposting because fuck being the 50th..

Hands down one of the coolest "oh shit" moments of gaming for me. That whole buildup and the subsequent follow through really is when everything takes off and you're plastered to the storyline like a good weekend of a Breaking Bad binge

Top Bottom