• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Yeah I just replayed it last night and forgot about how awesome it is for real. The music during that heist is really good too. You gotta buy the
hockey masks
for everyone so it is basically a carbon copy of the beginning scene from Heat.

Just played it and that's exactly what I did. When I was going through the details and picking everything up I was like, "This is looking more and more like
the beginning of Heat.
Sure enough it was!"

Now I feel like watching it again

LOL at The Loneliest Robot movie at the cinema!

jFTRDKv.jpg

bedlamite

Dammit I just fucked up the Antonia Bottino random mission, ducked into an Ammu-nation to buy armor and she was gone when I left the store. There goes my
$60K reward.
:(

kiyomi

Freight. I've barely touched the transit network. I was really surprised how detailed the tunnels and the commuter platform/train station was when I escaped from the tunnels once. There's so much stuff in the game which is optional but really well crafted. So much potential for GTA Online...

Ah, I've only tried sniping the freight train driver as well. I wonder what'd happen if you did it for the transit driver. And yeah, so much detail. I found myself on a small beach somewhere and discovered a sewage pipe I could run up and down in.

kingmozo9

Banned
i burnt out on this game .. played it non stop for a week , now i havnt played it for 3 days... pretty annoying, this happens with everything i used consistently alot

torontoml

Ah, I've only tried sniping the freight train driver as well. I wonder what'd happen if you did it for the transit driver. And yeah, so much detail. I found myself on a small beach somewhere and discovered a sewage pipe I could run up and down in.
Well the transit trains stop if you are on the track, so the train probably stops if you shoot the conductor.

d1rtn4p

Finished the final mission last night. Overall, I feel the same way I did after all the previous GTAs. A lot of fun times and missions, but all the story, cutscenes and dialogue in between is just a forgettable mess. So much cussing and such that I can't really interpret any point out of any of it. And in typical Rockstar fashion; just completely unbelievable switches in personality that left me feeling disconnected.

I'm also not sure the three main character thing works either. I think they tried to find a meaningful role for them all, but switching in between them for missions didn't really seem as realized as it could be. In some missions, it felt like Rockstar was trying to be strategic, but really, it was just an illusion in my mind.

I also felt this was probably the easiest GTA and I'm kinda glad about that. I don't have time anymore to fail a mission 35 times trying to maneuver a remote-controlled helicopter around a building without touching a wall. Like I said though, having a fun time, so I'm definitely going to try for 100%

Had an amazing random just now! Some guy dropped
massive metal cylinders from a crane on this guy&#8217;s car below while he was still in it and I had to get a bulldozer to get them off him before his car blew up.

Gawge

Reflecting on the main story ending -
did anybody feel as if it got a little lazy towards the end? "The Big One" (Obvious) was alright, although I don't think that any heists really lived up to the first one - but then you just end (assuming option C) with a mass shootout in a somewhat generic location.

You then have the triple 'loose ends' thing, which almost felt like side-missions. Shoot this guy, escape these people. Finally, taking out Devin perhaps promised a good end, but it was a 'shoot 5 people', and drive to X job. The final cutscene was pretty good, but I felt it could have finished a lot better. When Devin was relaxing by the pool, I was imaging Trevor popping up from below in his helicopter - or something a little more... 'cool'.

Trigger

massive metal cylinders from a crane on this guy’s car below while he was still in it and I had to get a bulldozer to get them off him before his car blew up.

I had this one too, and I failed. lol,
"Tell my brother's wife I love her!"

Andrew.

Banned
massive metal cylinders from a crane on this guy’s car below while he was still in it and I had to get a bulldozer to get them off him before his car blew up.

Holy shit that sounds awesome. I missed some really cool random events, like the No Country For Old Men one =(

Acheteedo

Finished the game last night, loved it and intend on 100%ing it, can't wait to get back to it actually! There's a lot to appreciate but I have two main criticisms:

First the jaggies really hamper the otherwise incredible visuals, it's such a shame, I probably wouldn't have noticed us much early in the generation but on the brink of next gen they were an eyesore.

Secondly, the plot, the dialogue, the character interactions, they were much weaker than I was expecting. I'm not sure what exactly they were going for, the constant yelling between the three characters went nowhere and the scenes seldom flowed very well. There were plenty of laughs to be had, which is a definite plus, and the game is thankfully built on solid gameplay mechanics plus great missions with tonnes of variety.

So, incredible game, possibly Rockstar's finest, but for me Red Dead has it handily beat in terms of story and dialogue.

I know plenty of people who hated IV, but love GTA V. It's extremely different.

While I didn't hate IV, I criticized it a lot, and V has generally come to the rescue. I do have some small criticisms of it (mostly, lack of tangible rewards for a lot of missions especially in the middle of the game), but it's WAY better than IV.

That said, if GTA games never appealed to some people, and they never liked III, VC, SA, and IV... then they probably won't like GTA V, even if it is a better game than IV, it still follows the same general formula of the others. You have to be into the GTA style of mission structure and world exploring... and if you're not, then V won't appeal.

Holy shit that sounds awesome. I missed some really cool random events, like the No Country For Old Men one =(

It was pretty tense.....while getting the
bulldozer you could see gas/fumes slowly coming from the hood of the car as his yelling for me to hurry up. Seconds later after I saved him, BOOM! The car blew up.

Also just found a drunk guy that was gonna drive his car but instead I drove him home. When I dropped him off he collapsed on the floor and didn't give me any money so I killed him with my hammer LOL.

Marleyman

Banned
It was pretty tense.....while getting the
bulldozer you could see gas/fumes slowly coming from the hood of the car as his yelling for me to hurry up. Seconds later after I saved him, BOOM! The car blew up.

Also just found a drunk guy that was gonna drive his car but instead I drove him home. When I dropped him off he collapsed on the floor and didn't give me any money so I killed him with my hammer LOL.

I took that drunk guy to the cult.

kiyomi

That one was weird for me since I was driving, hit a bump, flew into the air and landed and immediately the cutscene started. I had no idea what had happened :lol

Also, Franklin's introduction to (side mission)
Dom and the skydiving missions, where he was talking to the dog. Oh my God. So funny.

matthieuC

Anyone manage to successfully do the random encounter at the construction site?
I was too slow using the bulldozer and he blew up:/ I really want to know what happens if you save him.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
god damn those bikers don't fuck around. so far

trevor 0
bikers: all

Top Bottom