• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

MBS

Banned
Is it just me or does Franklin have the most/best/most diverse clothes in the game?

Check his Uptown Riders outfits, found in the wardrobe of his safehouse. They are something else. His clothing selection is the most diverse/stylish, it's normal obviously for a man in his mid-20s.

MBS

Banned
So, is it safe to sell the HAL shares atm, or wait a few hours more? I'm not in the game right now, any change?

dreamfall

Check his Uptown Riders outfits, found in the wardrobe of his safehouse. They are something else. His clothing selection is the most diverse/stylish, it's normal obviously for a man in his mid-20s.

#TeamFranklin forever! That coat from Poisonby's, some grey fitted jeans, black snake leather shoes, diamond studs.

Feeling oh so boss!

Good: Getting a nice offroader and heading up to the dam in the hills east of the city to do crazy circuits, get some air and kick up dust.

Bad: Climbing to the roof of the dam building and figuring the 25-30 foot drop would make a perfect dive into the waters below on this oh so sunny day. Then running and jumping off said roof moments before switching to the free-fall animation (with parachute pack displayed on back) a millisecond before hitting the water and insta-dying from pancaking into unknown and/or supernatural forces.

And I was just talking earlier today about how little open world jank I've run into - of course. I was asking for it. ;p

John Wayne

Neo Member
Okay just finished the last triathlon, and omg. Who ever at Rockstar designed that last one needs to rethink his or her life. That was 25 minutes of non-stop smashing the A button. I've never endured anything like that before!

Okay just finished the last triathlon, and omg. Who ever at Rockstar designed that last one needs to rethink his or her life. That was 25 minutes of non-stop smashing the A button. I've never endured anything like that before!
If memory serves there were ones almost as tedious in SA.

Imm0rt4l

Can I ask how?

I thought I was doing well with 125 million per character.

How? Did you leave the Lester missions till the end?

I didn't leave Lester missions to the end, so I'm sitting on 30mill per character. How???

Yea, I didn't do lesters missions till the end, well I did one of his missions. Buying debonaire before the heist, selling when it peaked and then buying redwood when it was at it's lowest and selling at something like 150%, the former being something like 300 iirc. He was talks about what to invest in, and I didn't want to do it earlier cuz I didn't have that much money.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
so I had a weird thing, I did one of the lester missions, I don't care too much about getting super rich and am just playing the game however, but I tried to profit on stock with all 3 characters without looking at a guide, Franklin made an absolute killing something like doubled his 500,000 into a mil, but when I tried to sell up with both michael and trevor who bought at the same time, they only had about 10 grand profit. Different profit on the same stocks? WTF.

Roulette

Did a random event where a
lady down an alley was screaming for help because her partner is having a heart attack. As i walk up the stair her and him pull a gun on me.

Even after ready a similar event in this forum i was still caught off guard.

I had one happen where
a woman ran up asking for help, saying another woman was being beaten by some guy. First thing I did was pull my gun and follow her. When I got to them, they said "hey man, we don't want none-a that." Then they ran off. Later in the game I came across the same random event (not sure if it repeated or if I didn't save after the first time), but this time I followed with no weapons drawn and they jumped me.

Defyler

Could they have made flying aircraft and landing any more of an asspain? Really? It already was so bad in IV that you largely just avoided it altogether. How could they not significantly improve it.

cdkee

Banned
Could they have made flying aircraft and landing any more of an asspain? Really? It already was so bad in IV that you largely just avoided it altogether. How could they not significantly improve it.

I have zero issues with flying. Got all gold in flight school fairly easily.

?
What's the problem? If you touch down at high speeds, you're going to have a bad time.

Turbulence in helicopters, on the other hand.. extremely exaggerated.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what's up with the random even where

as franklin, drove over round where trevor lives and pick up some pretty dumb girl who likes to party and take loads of drugs. she doesn't shut up the whole way back to vinewood and is obviously banging some dude named brian, her boyfriend keeps calling. Drop her off and her boyfriend is there, thinks I'm brian. I pull out a baseball bat and beat him to death because I'm fucking franklin, then she freaks out and runs away, the end (well I shot her in the back). so that's a random event. Do I pass or fail that event?

I wonder how many 'endings' those random events can have and if there is any way to 'win'

ezekial45

Banned
Forced myself to put down the game because I was laughing too much. I was driving as Franklin in the mountains, when the car hit a rock and slowly flew up 20 feet into the air while spinning, almost as if there was no gravity. As it gracefully came down Franklin calmly said "This don't make no fucking sense." before it exploded.

I laughed so hard when I read this.

Double D

as franklin, drove over round where trevor lives and pick up some pretty dumb girl who likes to party and take loads of drugs. she doesn't shut up the whole way back to vinewood and is obviously banging some dude named brian, her boyfriend keeps calling. Drop her off and her boyfriend is there, thinks I'm brian. I pull out a baseball bat and beat him to death because I'm fucking franklin, then she freaks out and runs away, the end (well I shot her in the back). so that's a random event. Do I pass or fail that event?

I wonder how many 'endings' those random events can have and if there is any way to 'win'

So I think I picked up the same girl with Trevor.

Her boyfriend called her and asked if Brian was the person she was in the car with. Trevor had to actually tell him he wasn't Brian. I dropped her off with the cult though.

duckroll

I picked her up as Trevor and sent her to the mountain cult. Lol. She was my first hitchhiker victim!

duckroll

Do you know if the group you are talking about has missions like
Epsilon
?

No I don't think they do. But...
I heard that if you bring enough people to them, it's possible to be forced inside and Trevor can go nuts on the compound and end up with a bunch of cash. Lol.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
regarding
epsilon must you solve all those puzzles with franklin online to open those guys? I did one and then they got freakishly expensive and I suck at those things so I didn't keep spending money on em.

Double D

regarding
epsilon must you solve all those puzzles with franklin online to open those guys? I did one and then they got freakishly expensive and I suck at those things so I didn't keep spending money on em.

I did it with Michael. Actually I just
went to their website and filled out their questionnaire. After that I think I got an email or something that started it all.

Now that I think of it, is this possible to go through all this with the other characters ?

Zeroxysm

I have the Elegy RH8 in my garage which I believe you get from linking to Social Club.

Is that vehicle always going to be taking up a slot in my garage or is there an extra slots in garages for special vehicles?

Double D

I have the Elegy RH8 in my garage which I believe you get from linking to Social Club.

Is that vehicle always going to be taking up a slot in my garage or is there an extra slots in garages for special vehicles?

Funny you mention that. I don't know the answer, but I was storing cars in michaels garage earlier. I had the pegassi in there. When I walked up to get in it calls it the elegy. I selected it and out pops the elegy. I put it back in the garage and now I can see it. Problem is the pegassi is still in there but the game thinks it's an elegy. So I guess I have infinite elegy's.

Ferrio

Banned
GF was watching law and order, and I heard a familiar voice... and sure enough Micheal was on it... holy hell looks exactly how I dress him in GTA.

Zeroxysm

Funny you mention that. I don't know the answer, but I was storing cars in michaels garage earlier. I had the pegassi in there. When I walked up to get in it calls it the elegy. I selected it and out pops the elegy. I put it back in the garage and now I can see it. Problem is the pegassi is still in there but the game thinks it's an elegy. So I guess I have infinite elegy's.

If you linked your account to Social Club, I believe you always have infinite Elegys, that's why I'm wondering if it's going to always be taking up a slot.

By default, how many slots does a garage have?

If I could pick one song to put on the soundtrack, it would LA Woman by The Doors. Would just feel so right cruising the coast listening to that.

malfcn

Only one heist down and regretting my team. I thin I picked everyone expensive except for the Lifeinvader guy. Are more people picking the pros or the scrubs for missions?

And what is the max amount of cash in the game?

Punjicide

wowowowow
lazlow
makes a appearance? What about
Maurice Chavez?

edit i mean
fernando martinez

Fernando has a show on the West Coast Talk Radio station.

Also, there's an Easter egg for Maurice Chavez, his name is on one of the Walk of Fame stars.

Fjordson

Forced myself to put down the game because I was laughing too much. I was driving as Franklin in the mountains, when the car hit a rock and slowly flew up 20 feet into the air while spinning, almost as if there was no gravity. As it gracefully came down Franklin calmly said "This don't make no fucking sense." before it exploded.
Missed this, lmao, that's pretty funny.

Shawn Fonteno put in a great performance as Franklin. The delivery on some of his lines is great.

I loved in an early mission as him, people will know which one I'm talking about, where he's ordered to do something sort of crazy and just goes "Man, fuck my life man...fuck it." He just sounds so exhausted :lol it was perfect.

krioto

No I don't think they do. But...
I heard that if you bring enough people to them, it's possible to be forced inside and Trevor can go nuts on the compound and end up with a bunch of cash. Lol.

This is true -
get a bunch of weapons, armour and over $100K

It took me 3 hitch-hiker trips to unlock it

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Speaking of which, I dislike how whenever it seems the hood of my car hits something after flying through the air, it explodes, no matter how little damage the car had taken before. I know with the realism and all, but cmon Rockstar.

Hahaha, the random one-liners in this game are sometimes so perfectly timed.

I can't understand how all of you have been blowing up your cars just by driving around and falling off things. You must be absolutely wreckin' it. I've driven around a fair bit, and only had a vehicle explode from impact on me once - and that was off an anus-clenchingly high cliff. I would have been disappointed if it had remained in-tact.

Ding-Ding

I still cant believe just how much unique dialogue there is in this game. They even have some for a tennis match between Trevor & Amanda. First time I have ever blown a match point for laughing because Amanda said "oh god, I think I can see your pubic hair"

Top Bottom